Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:05:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin the enabler - Truly Autonomous Software Agents roaming the net  (Read 43814 times)
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:49:21 PM

If it is logical in survival to be kind to the host then bitcoin will treat us just fine.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 12:37:55 AM

I could see this being a fiction book.

I could see this being a non-fiction book some day
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:12:34 AM

We're already living in a fiction ... some of that shit happening on Wall St ... well, you just couldn't make it up!

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2013, 09:39:25 AM

http://thedaemon.com/

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
hivewallet

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 01:59:25 AM

My god, we live in interesting times.

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 08:18:55 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 08:32:44 PM by FCTaiChi

I've been thinking about this since I first saw the thread.  Couldn't help but write about it a few weeks ago.  Let me know what you think.  You'll see many of the ideas proposed here and other places that mirror the ideas in this thread.  I wanted to answer some of the statements, and create a more holistic vision of what could be coming.

http://decentralizedhashing.com/2013/11/bitcoin-skynet/

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
speedtrader

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:11:03 PM

suggestion: satoshi is skynet, and it created bitcoin, because of its need to expand.
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 04:42:01 PM

suggestion: satoshi is skynet, and it created bitcoin, because of its need to expand.
Hehe, that was mentioned around page 3 or 4. 

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:45:46 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 12:15:55 AM by jdbtracker

You know too much!!! but yeah this technology creates some really crazy possibilities that we cannot imagine at the moment.

Has anyone seen the new Firefox OS with Open Web technology so that the internet can access your hardware directly... mind blowing possibilities there: Direct Autonomous Cloud access wherever you go, the A.I. Cloud can now come with you wherever you go. Oh man sooner or later The Internet is going to become self aware!

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 11:58:56 PM

You know too much!!! but yeah this technology creates some really crazy possibilities that we cannot imagine at the moment.

Has anyone seen the new Firefox OS with Open Web technology so that the internet can access your hardware directly... mind blowing possibilities there: Direct Autonomous Cloud access wherever you go, the A.I. Cloud can now come with you wherever you go. Oh man sooner or later The Internet is going to become self aware!

... yeah sooner or later ... i guess you didn't notice that bot following you around?

jdbtracker

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:20:32 AM

LOL! Probably have a gaggle of bots following me.

"Hi facebook, google? how you doin?"

Google recently was complaining that there new Omega architecture has just begun operation and emergent behaviour has already been observed on their servers.

Don't worry it's probably just my shadow. I got nothing to hide so,... it can follow me all it wants.

jdbtracker

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:06:26 AM

Kind of OT, but could fully homomorphic encryption be used to create bitcoin banks that doesn't have access to your private keys, but can still use them to send bitcoins with your help? What I mean is, can it eliminate the trust issue in anonymous banking?

Full Homomorphic encryption would mean no one but you can decrypt what is being processed by the servers, so yes, a bank would never be able to rob your funds,
You'd maintain access control to your funds at all times and could not be moved without your permission, the only risk would be you losing your password.

It would be a incredible achievement for cryptography, no matter where you data goes it's always private, very good for personal privacy, no need for voluntary compliance
by companies like Google or Facebook on their data mining operations... they just wouldn't have access to it, only who you want would know.

nolocimes

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 07:58:00 PM

what's needed is a tor vm.

the private keys and in fact entire code base of the bots would be redundantly distributed across tor vm nodes.

I'd design and write such a think if I had the funding.

Most likely as an altcoin - put some of those miner cpu cycles to use running tor vm instructions.
nolocimes

Activity: 16

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:07:14 PM

this idea has been gnawing away at my conscious for some time now. if I end up with some spare cycles I'll work on it.

proof of work may literally be the execution of a block of code instructions and some input,  to produce some output.

consensus is simple - other nodes completing exactly the same with a hash of input code block and output.

the first node to execute receives the reward.  alternatively output pipes are designed to accept output idea potently,  and multiple  nodes can receive the reward on a sliding scale.

jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:41:31 PM

this idea has been gnawing away at my conscious for some time now. if I end up with some spare cycles I'll work on it.

proof of work may literally be the execution of a block of code instructions and some input,  to produce some output.

consensus is simple - other nodes completing exactly the same with a hash of input code block and output.

Check out Zero Knowledge Proofs and trusted computing.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
brandoff

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:28:30 PM

Created an account to say this, but I'm actually in the early stages of putting together a whitepaper to describe a practical implementation of something similar to this (reproducing nodes/servers that can adapt/evolve in a certain fashion and support themselves using cryptocurrency). 
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:09:02 PM

Created an account to say this, but I'm actually in the early stages of putting together a whitepaper to describe a practical implementation of something similar to this (reproducing nodes/servers that can adapt/evolve in a certain fashion and support themselves using cryptocurrency). 

would have been better if an automated agent created this account and said the message for you, then i would have been impressed

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:53:43 AM

This would make a cool sub-plot in a novel - the AI grows itself through ordering professional services to rack and stack more processing power paid for w/ BTC profits.  Cue computer morality issue plot point and let the dystopia flow as the AI takes over small financial sectors through whatever wealth building method and militarizes to protect its empire.  No idea how to make the protagonists' fight against it interesting, but that's what sci-fi/tech authors live for.

Kind of a Skynet bootstrap w/o recycling the plot of War Games / Terminator again.

Damn! I'd buy this novel (if it was well thought out).

Anders

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:24:24 AM

Genetic algorithms for bitcoin AI agents could be used. Another thing that would be powerful is to have both competition and cooperation among the agents. A multicellular organism is an example of vast cooperation between trillions of individual cells. Competition alone would probably only give very limited results. If many small AI agents could start to cooperate to form larger communities with emergent properties, then that could lead to Skynet.... oops, I meant lead to a friendly strong AI.
brandoff

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 08:41:22 AM

would have been better if an automated agent created this account and said the message for you, then i would have been impressed

Haha. Well, sorry to disappoint.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: