Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:42:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest browser for Metamask ?  (Read 613 times)
cytpoway121

Activity: 1540
Merit: 68

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 06:46:01 PM

Firefox ? Chrome ? Brave ?

Kinda worried because all of them try to collect information about your activities online. I've purchased BitDefender AntiVirus, and taken some other precautions but... can never be too careful as they say.

Firstly, you need to be careful with the kind or types of antiviru apps that you install to your pc. No laptop needs anti virus, all you have to do is activate and switch your laptop inbuilt Windows Defender to keep you secured always. If you insist on anti virus, you can download antivirus browser app for usage.

Secondly, you can use any browser with a metamask extension app without restrictions, the only precaution you need to take is to not open phish webpage on those browsers. Remember never to store seed phrases on your emails or laptop cloud.
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 07:02:18 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2022, 07:13:48 PM by Anonylz

I plan to store most of my Altcoins in MetaMask by the way, that's why I need to be super careful. Yes i've looked into Exodus, Trezor and Ledger wallets, none of them support my coins, even Ellipal. Yes they do support "some" of my coins, but WTF do I do with "some" ? I need ALL my coins to be supported ! So MetaMask the only choice left I'm afraid.

I like it when I can have all my coins in one wallet, it makes the whole idea to hodl much easier and yes metamask does the job perfectly. As for safest browser I can suggest chrome mainly because the metamask extension for chrome is directly from metamask I think but that of Firefox is from third party, am not sure how secure the chrome browser itself is, I should think it is pretty secure given it is a child of Google.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Jack_Sin

Activity: 548
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 07:16:38 PM

Firstly, you need to be careful with the kind or types of antiviru apps that you install to your pc. No laptop needs anti virus, all you have to do is activate and switch your laptop inbuilt Windows Defender to keep you secured always. If you insist on anti virus, you can download antivirus browser app for usage.

Secondly, you can use any browser with a metamask extension app without restrictions, the only precaution you need to take is to not open phish webpage on those browsers. Remember never to store seed phrases on your emails or laptop cloud.
Very good advice, I was inspired by your suggestion not to use an antivirus other than the default window defender and secondly to be able to avoid phishing sites because many phishing sites circulating have duplicated wallet sites. I'm using metamask on google chrome until now but without any problems.
Cryptock

Activity: 1792
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 18, 2022, 07:19:06 PM

Kinda worried because all of them try to collect information about your activities online. I've purchased BitDefender AntiVirus, and taken some other precautions but... can never be too careful as they say.

In fact, each of these browsers is good in a different way.
I prefer more privacy, which is why I chose Firefox, but I think if I were looking at other things I would choose Brave.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 05:43:50 AM

I prefer to use metamask extension in google chrome than the others because it looks like always up to date in chrome.
From my experience in Firefox, sometimes the extension can't be used (clicked but showing blank white box) so i prefer google chrome.
And we should double check the extension before we want to add it to our browser because maybe there are some fake metamask extensions out there.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Lewan

Activity: 1008
Merit: 19

Backed.Finance

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 06:08:06 AM

I don't know if there is a difference between browsers in terms of security, but my preference is always Firefox. It feels more practical and more reliable. It can vary from person to person. But none of them are incredibly reliable in my opinion.

19Nov16

Activity: 1722
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 06:13:40 AM

I've been using Metamask from Modzilla for almost 4 years and have had no problems, but I've used Metamask on Chrome and was hacked so that about 2 BNB was lost, but after that, the most important thing is to always click the lock option when we're not actively using Metamask.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

TopT3ns

Activity: 2618
Merit: 572

#SWGT available on MEXC, Bitget, Lbank, Bitmart

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 06:19:39 AM

I prefer to use metamask extension in google chrome than the others because it looks like always up to date in chrome.
From my experience in Firefox, sometimes the extension can't be used (clicked but showing blank white box) so i prefer google chrome.
And we should double check the extension before we want to add it to our browser because maybe there are some fake metamask extensions out there.
Firefox most trouble than chrome always success when access, ever I use on firefox but when I click on extension icon always failed and I don't think between metamask extension trouble or firefox not working well on my computer. Right now I use on chrome browser and always faster when click icon extension. I think with metamask keep safety your assets but always check when transaction approving coin for swap with dusting attack coin or not, usually have several cases with metamask hack because ever swap dusting coin or scam coin for approving by looking higher values.

kapalmabur

Activity: 2002
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 04:10:31 PM

Firefox ? Chrome ? Brave ?...

It all depends on your habits, which in this case do not need to be changed. Accordingly, you do not need to specifically install any browser to install MetaMask. What you need to pay attention to is the security of the network and interaction with questionable sites, then your coins will be safe.
Many recommend Firefox and Many also recommend Chrome, I think both are good browsers for metamask,
I use both and there is no problem, but be careful when using Metamask don't use VPN if you want to be safe, just giving information
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2022, 04:54:51 PM

i will go with brave, but i prefer to be on metamask app than on browser. you can do use and wash base on what you plan to do . just be sure you dont share your seeds or safe it online.
andyou1234

Activity: 1010

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 05:32:25 PM

I personally have been using Metamask on Google Chrome for 3 years, and until now there have been no problems and problems that have arisen from the platform, but I use the locking method, namely the password when offline, of course the password I create will be saved as good as possible,

Signature Placement:
Jack_Sin

Activity: 548

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 10:15:07 PM

Many recommend Firefox and Many also recommend Chrome, I think both are good browsers for metamask,
I use both and there is no problem, but be careful when using Metamask don't use VPN if you want to be safe, just giving information
We have no problem to metamask for chrome and firefox because they are both the best and most popular browsers, but the vulnerability is affected by the use of vpn, installed virus applications, malicious extensions and etc. Chances are the app has clipboard malware embedded that detects when it copies private keys and mnemonic phrases, so check the apps and extensions on your OS before losing assets in the wallet.
dwinrs

Activity: 994
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 05:26:37 AM

I think firefox, chrome, brave are all safe as long as you don't enter the website that connects your metamask, because if you enter and connect your metamask it is possible that it could be the beginning of the problem (hacked) so be careful connecting your wallet
Coin BTC

Activity: 721
Merit: 19

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 09:30:56 AM

I'm a wallet user on Desktop Wallet, and I also use Metamask Wallet so far I haven't had a problem with this, it depends on how you use your browser, and here I use Chrome for browser security. You also have to be careful when opening social media. like Facebook, Youtube or other media because they are very aggressive in finding and tracking people's activities in doing things online, and you should never share your activities.

With this they will not be able to hack or steal your assets. and in my waleet browser I also store most of my assets in mobile wallets such as Trust Wallet and Tokocrypto to avoid this because mobile waleet also has very accurate security, and all assets you store can be guaranteed. if you say you have bought Bitdefender Antivirus that is also good, and can treat your computer or laptop well and have good security.

CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
CLAIM AIRDROP  Airdrop
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 4379

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2022, 09:39:16 PM

I think firefox, chrome, brave are all safe as long as you don't enter the website that connects your metamask, because if you enter and connect your metamask it is possible that it could be the beginning of the problem (hacked) so be careful connecting your wallet

"Firefox is not based on Chromium (the open source browser project at the core of Google Chrome)"
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/faq/

"Yes. The Brave Browser is built on the open-source Chromium web core and our own client code is released under the Mozilla Public License 2.0."
https://brave.com/#:~:text=Yes.,the%20Mozilla%20Public%20License%202.0.

A lot of browsers use Chromium, better use hardware wallets.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
mdzahed134

Activity: 2156
Merit: 259

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 06:08:38 PM

That's why i didn’t use firefox browser, right now i'm using chrome browser for the last few years and it seems very user friendly browser not for only metamask, if sometimes i heard they collecting users data i don’t know it’s true or not, but in my experienced still i didn’t faced such issues. Yeah, definitely we have to check carefully before install metamask extension.

▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
Low Fidelity - High Potential
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
ayi nora

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

Blue0x.com

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 12:01:03 AM

In my opinion, metamask is very safe to use, as long as you are safe in maintaining its role, but other applications have the same role, as long as you are good at maintaining every connection, yes you will get the trust of each application, good at viewing every web or exchange the restore connection with metamask, you will secure your assets.

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 11:29:22 AM

We can't trust all browsers but most hackers hack Chrome browser data, I suggest Firefox is the best browser for Metamask and you should add advanced features, to enable auto-lock your Meamask your browser will be safe from hackers. Always use a PC or laptop browser never use any mobile browsers because mobile browsers are not safe. Defender on PC or laptop is good to measure but always should be careful.

joeperry

Activity: 2170
Merit: 465

Telegram: @jperryC

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 11:39:07 AM

I am currently using Brave browser and I think this browser is good enough for Metamask but having a safe browser doesn't mean that you are not prone to Phishing scam since if you visit a Phishing site and connect your wallet to it or similar to that, I am 100% sure that they can still hack and steal your Metamask balance so you should be careful on visiting unfamiliar sites and links online.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1004

www.licx.io

View Profile
May 04, 2022, 11:42:25 AM

We can't trust all browsers but most hackers hack Chrome browser data, I suggest Firefox is the best browser for Metamask and you should add advanced features, to enable auto-lock your Meamask your browser will be safe from hackers. Always use a PC or laptop browser never use any mobile browsers because mobile browsers are not safe. Defender on PC or laptop is good to measure but always should be careful.
So far, I'm sticking with google chrome and it's pretty safe. I think, it all depends on what link you click, or you may enter a phishing site. however, recommended browsers that are currently widely used are chorme, firefox, and Brave. I think, the 3 browsers are safe to use, on a PC or on a laptop. however, if you want to be even more secure, then use a hardwallet.

▀████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████