Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:54:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quarantine measures in China, Shanghai  (Read 374 times)
Ultegra134 (OP)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
April 16, 2022, 11:09:17 PM

Hello there,
Didn't see any topics referring to this matter, have you seen what's happening in China? The government has locked people inside their homes, forcing them to have daily testing, police is separating them into quarantine camps (more like concentration camps) if test comes out positive or if experiencing symptoms, even mild. It's astonishing, that all countries are easing measures, since it's yet to be proven whether lockdowns were actually effective, China on the other hand is adopting zero case policies.

This type of lockdown didn't even occur at the start of the pandemic, where the virus was way more deadlier than it is now, after going through numerous mutations, without having medication and vaccines, which enable us to have very limited casualties, compared to 2 years ago.

Not only is it saddening, but also suspicious, is China hiding something else, or is it just being paranoid, imposing tyranny over its citizens? Let me also point out that China has a history of lying to organizations such as WHO about the severity of such infectious diseases (same thing happened with both Covid and SARS).

What are your thoughts regarding this matter?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2022, 01:46:44 AM

IIRC Chinese vaccine wasn't very effective but they were able to contain early infections so the "survivors" immunity isn't widespread either. In these conditions the consequences of a COVID wave could be quite severe, depending on which strain they're getting. Like the first wave e.g. in Italy.

I think they're fucked either way, lockdown or no lockdown. But the rationale for the lockdown could be to avoid overwhelming the hospitals. Implemented in a typical for China totalitarian fashion. I've seen reports they're exterminating pets.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 03:39:52 AM

Europe and the U.S. are already slotted for self-destruction making it a great time for China to add further to their woes (or their people's/national business's woes) by having an embargo.  Doing the supply shut-off with a covaids hoax alleviates some of the trade-war diplomatic problems.  'Fighting covid; what can we do?'  When they come back on-line (and celebrate with mass public swimming events) there will be vastly less competition globally.  Then they can sell crappy Chinese shit for German prices...for decades.

Internally Shanghai has always been more productive than Beijing so their has been tension between the two.  Beijing always wins because they've got the seat-of-govt status and make the rules.  Probably starving out Shanghai and beating the Shanghai-ese peeps into the ground is one more example of Beijing fucking Shanghai in the ass because Beijing is non-competitive otherwise.  My guess.

Earlier I posited that the Chinese should use their (upcoming) takeover of Taiwan to steal the ROC govt and seat them in Beijing, Taiwan being a much better society in almost any conceivable way.  A better idea would seem to me to be for Shanghai, Hong-Kong, and maybe even Canton and Chengdu, to team up with Taiwan and roll back the mistake 'the people' made back in 1949.  Hopefully before the 'great reset' folks (who built up CCP in order to parasitize the country once they collapsed the West) put the 'great leap forward' mortality figures to shame.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
be.open
Copper Member

Activity: 2072
Merit: 901

White Russian

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 05:48:59 AM

I think this is a China's policy of "zero tolerance" for covid-19, brought to the point of absurdity, and maybe a little more trade war with the United States.

Video of fishing with a drone in Shanghai so as not to starve to death.

cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2022, 06:06:06 AM

I think this is a China's policy of "zero tolerance" for covid-19, brought to the point of absurdity, and maybe a little more trade war with the United States.

Video of fishing with a drone in Shanghai so as not to starve to death.

Well countries surrounding China should be happy they are adopting the zero  tolerance because if not, covid of any variant could spread once again. The Chinese are confident that way though, they are more cooperative to their government than trying to impress their neighbors that they can fight back the police or so. It may look like concentration camp but its for the best. People just have to follow what authorities are doing for it to be over.

If you are however some sort of a conspiracy theorist, you may really have to be suspicious that it took so long for them to contain this variant unlike in the 2020. OR was it true already that they are just gagging the supply chain so the countries relying to the products from them will experience scarcity.  Its all that we could speculate, nothing more or less.

Ultegra134 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 09:35:21 AM

IIRC Chinese vaccine wasn't very effective but they were able to contain early infections so the "survivors" immunity isn't widespread either. In these conditions the consequences of a COVID wave could be quite severe, depending on which strain they're getting. Like the first wave e.g. in Italy.

I think they're fucked either way, lockdown or no lockdown. But the rationale for the lockdown could be to avoid overwhelming the hospitals. Implemented in a typical for China totalitarian fashion. I've seen reports they're exterminating pets.
Vaccines aren't supposed to prevent inflections, still, their effectiveness could be worse than the ones we have in Europe and US, but still doesn't make sense. When the pandemic started, China wasn't that paranoid about new infections, what changed now?

This situation will have serious effects in the supply chain, we were f*cked with Covid the past two years, the war hasn't stopped, and now China is implementing policies like these.

New mutation or not, it's not sensible to have such strict measures, when the rest of the Western world is easing measures.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2022, 02:09:55 PM

When the pandemic started, China wasn't that paranoid about new infections, what changed now?

They locked down Wuhan early on. Foreign travel was severely restricted. I don't think anything really changed, they always had the intent to contain it completely.

New mutation or not, it's not sensible to have such strict measures, when the rest of the Western world is easing measures.

I can't argue that it's sensible - most of the actions of the Chinese government don't make sense to me, and starving their citizens is definitely one of those things.

But the immunity levels are most likely very different between China and the West where almost everyone had some strain of COVID.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 760

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 03:50:39 PM

China has been like that all the times so there is no wonder in my opinion but I saw some news that new variant started to spread not really serious restrictions from any other countries yet, suspicious its been there all the time even Trump used to call it as China virus but nothing came out and people used to it so as of now we can consider this as precaution from China so avoid spread and their government used to follow it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Myleschetty

Activity: 1155
Merit: 78

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 04:32:35 PM

Well countries surrounding China should be happy they are adopting the zero  tolerance because if not, covid of any variant could spread once again. The Chinese are confident that way though, they are more cooperative to their government than trying to impress their neighbors that they can fight back the police or so. It may look like concentration camp but its for the best. People just have to follow what authorities are doing for it to be over.
Countries surrounding China will be happy for the Chinese government adopting zero-tolerance cause no one wants the previous spread of the virus that happened in Wuhan to repeat again but there's always a way to do something which all the country's citizens will obey the government order rather than locking people inside their homes and forcing them to take a daily test.
Newlifebtc

Activity: 686
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 05:10:16 PM

China has been like that all the times so there is no wonder in my opinion but I saw some news that new variant started to spread not really serious restrictions from any other countries yet, suspicious its been there all the time even Trump used to call it as China virus but nothing came out and people used to it so as of now we can consider this as precaution from China so avoid spread and their government used to follow it.

Seems more like they created the Covid virus to fight the united states' economy.
And since they are big seller's to China, they produced and sold equipment to the United States to tripple it's economy.
Now it's back for them.ohh karma! Undecided

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
Ultegra134 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 06:48:12 PM

When the pandemic started, China wasn't that paranoid about new infections, what changed now?

They locked down Wuhan early on. Foreign travel was severely restricted. I don't think anything really changed, they always had the intent to contain it completely.

I can't argue that it's sensible - most of the actions of the Chinese government don't make sense to me, and starving their citizens is definitely one of those things.

But the immunity levels are most likely very different between China and the West where almost everyone had some strain of COVID.
Certainly, they did have strict policies since the beginning, but I don't recall seeing such action taken against their citizens. They've literally locked them up, with no access to anywhere, while the government is distributing food that to me, doesn't look enough for a household.

Certainly, they didn't have as many infections as Europe and USA, but it looks incredibly cruel to see such practices.
Countries surrounding China will be happy for the Chinese government adopting zero-tolerance cause no one wants the previous spread of the virus that happened in Wuhan to repeat again but there's always a way to do something which all the country's citizens will obey the government order rather than locking people inside their homes and forcing them to take a daily test.
A new mutation could possibly be more transmitting, but it certainly won't be as deadly, no point in taking such measures. If this situation continues, we'll face serious logistic and supply chain issues. There aren't any advantages with this policy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1331

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2022, 09:12:43 PM

When whole world finally learned that lockdowns isn't solution, especially in long term, China continue their zero cases policy. While in most part of world majority of people already have immunity either after getting infected or getting vaccine (or both) and we can live normal life without thinking about covid related restrictions, China still continue to keep their peope in the bubble. And I don't see any other reason of these lockdowns than thotal control of people. Because 2 years was enough to learn that lockdowns don't eliminate covid, it can only reduce spread of it.

I'm not sure why neighbours of China should be happy. They all covid in their countries with multiple variants, no matter China have strict lockdown or no. Like in 2020 when China imposed lockdown, but it didn't helped and covid spread out to whole globe.
Concentration camps for the best - it's easy to say it when you don't live in China. And the way China is fighting with Covid - it won't be over anytime soon.
BTW, Australia had similar Covid policy with concentration camps, but I think they already started to change their attitude.

PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 09:47:58 PM

Certainly, they did have strict policies since the beginning, but I don't recall seeing such action taken against their citizens. They've literally locked them up, with no access to anywhere, while the government is distributing food that to me, doesn't look enough for a household.
In early 2020, Chinese citizens were locked inside their apartments, and people starved to death. The "lockdowns" employed by the West was something exported from China. Prior to covid, "lockdowns" were not considered to be something health officials considered to prevent the spread of contagious viruses.
Certainly, they didn't have as many infections as Europe and USA, but it looks incredibly cruel to see such practices.
China did not report having as many infections as Western countries did. The Chinese government also lies. I draw different conclusions than you.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 760

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
April 19, 2022, 01:33:25 AM

Seems more like they created the Covid virus to fight the united states' economy.
And since they are big seller's to China, they produced and sold equipment to the United States to tripple it's economy.
Now it's back for them.ohh karma! Undecided
There is no borders for the virus, we all know how fast it can spread and now I can see the 4th wave on most of the mainstream media, didn't see it personally but it started somewhere so if it's real soon we can see the cases all over the world not just in China so they are preparing while others lessen the restrictions so possibly still they can make profits by doing the same thing again if it spreads.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Ultegra134 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 11:03:06 PM

In early 2020, Chinese citizens were locked inside their apartments, and people starved to death. The "lockdowns" employed by the West was something exported from China. Prior to covid, "lockdowns" were not considered to be something health officials considered to prevent the spread of contagious viruses.
China did not report having as many infections as Western countries did. The Chinese government also lies. I draw different conclusions than you.
China was the first country to come up with lockdown measures, however, I don't recall them being so harsh. This situation has gone out of control, the measures weren't so absurdly strict, they're dragging people out of their homes and euthanizing pets, that's ridiculous.

Certainly, it was the first country to lie about Covid-19, if it wasn't for their cover-up during the early stages of the pandemic, we would have avoided many deaths in Italy and other European countries, who were severely affected.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
cmg777

Activity: 478
Merit: 66

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2022, 11:56:37 PM

The People's Republic of China has locked down Shanghai and even other parts of China (I work with some people from Shenzhen) for many purposes outside of the guise that is a pandemic "safety" reasons. It is for cracking down on dissenters that would disagree with the government and their oppressive measures. And most importantly, to shift production from a peacetime economy to a wartime economy hence taking over Taiwan and leveraging the Solomon Islands for further conquests.

Australia ‘Disappointed’ After Solomons Signs China Pact

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-20/australia-deeply-disappointed-after-solomons-signs-china-pact

Shanghai Lockdown the real reason:

http://198.46.190.126/videos/chinawar.mp4

TheNineClub

Activity: 616
Merit: 161

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 09:33:26 AM

Well, not sure if a 0 case policy is something that can be maintained at all, lockdown or not. The bigger issue is it's causing issues in the Chinese economic system as well as social structure. People have been locked in their homes, distributed little amounts of food, and children being taken from their families (because they are infected) and taken to lengthy hospital stays. Some of those things are changing, but this is a completely ridiculous, however, expected behavior by the Chinese government. The common people are struggling since the pandemic started and this seems to be the last nail in some of their caskets.

evilgreed

Activity: 728
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 10:21:03 AM

I for one never really heard about this anywhere here in my country be it on local social media or news on the television. I never would've been informed about this if not for a friend who teaches english as second language online to chinese children. She told me about lockdowns happening there a couple weeks back which she heard from her own students themselves. I'm guessing that China is trying to not let this news spread or maybe it's because of the coming elections in my country. Maybe the media are too focused on the elections right now so they didn't tackle about this? Anyway, the way op expressed this js pretty scary.

╔═╗┬ ┬ ┬┌─┐┬┌─┐┌┐┌
║╣ │ └┬┘└─┐│├─┤│││
╚═╝┴─┘┴ └─┘┴┴ ┴┘└┘

Next generation reserve backed token for the decentralized web
   Stake and bond to earn up to 1000% APY
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN ELYSIAN FINANCE

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 06:33:45 PM

Lockdowns actually work, just not in any colloquial sense or under democratic republics. If you can physically isolate people within their homes and enforce isolation, then the virus can't spread. The issue with any lockdown the West tried was people were still mobile. People still went to the grocery store, to work, out with friends etc and then most transmission would end up happening in the home. The CCP, like with most communists, are okay with letting people die and violating basic human rights, so confining people to their homes and not allowing them to leave even to go to the grocery store was as close to a true lockdown as possibly obtainable. China lied about their numbers, but there was reporting when Wuhan and other regions went into lockdown and when cities began opening up again back in 2020. Seemed like China may be successful in their lockdown strategy as long as they can drive people to to near suicide by physical isolation. If people starve to death, that's just a bonus to them.

To think there were authoritarians that wanted to adopt China's method.
Ultegra134 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 08:04:05 PM

Well, not sure if a 0 case policy is something that can be maintained at all, lockdown or not. The bigger issue is it's causing issues in the Chinese economic system as well as social structure. People have been locked in their homes, distributed little amounts of food, and children being taken from their families (because they are infected) and taken to lengthy hospital stays. Some of those things are changing, but this is a completely ridiculous, however, expected behavior by the Chinese government. The common people are struggling since the pandemic started and this seems to be the last nail in some of their caskets.
Well, it did work up until the Delta variant, China had very few cases till the Omicron variant appeared. It was kind of expected, since after so many mutations, the virus becomes more contagious, but less deadly at the same time, thus, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I don't get all this fuss about China's government policy of zero cases, eventually, we'll have to live with the virus, it's not that big of a deal.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x