Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:37:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Internet Archive (Home of the Wayback Machine) Accepting Bitcoin Donations!  (Read 11558 times)
Revalin

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 02:20:51 PM

If we wanted to help get the brain juices flowing for them and future acceptors of Bitcoin. One sure fire way would be to send a gift bag of coffee, or other things purchased with Bitcoins and of course note on the card that they were purchased directly with Bitcoins. A good gesture and a passive suggestion that may just get their attention some more.

Cheers

+1, this is much more tasteful.  Weird and gifting is much better than weird and nagging.  Smiley

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.  --Ambrose Bierce
Bitcoin is the Devil's way of teaching geeks economics.  --Revalin 165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 02:22:52 PM

Weird and gifting is much better than weird and nagging.  Smiley
Hehe Smiley

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 05:31:34 PM

Weird and gifting is much better than weird and nagging.  Smiley
Hehe Smiley

haha, I got weird covered. ;p

Also, got a new PSU in one of my systems so am back in operation.

I am sending 1 BTC here to go towards a coffee gift basket for the folks at Archive.org  address sponsored by Edd at Bitbrew.  It's all I have available atm so feel free to chip in a few bitcents if anyone feels so inclined.
Here's you go: 1BjFzL2TTukjn76YuDZbVPWJMmhypBJjfG

View total to date: http://blockexplorer.com/address/1BjFzL2TTukjn76YuDZbVPWJMmhypBJjfG

Cheers,
    Derek

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Bitcoin 100

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 08:02:19 AM

Weird and gifting is much better than weird and nagging.  Smiley
Hehe Smiley

haha, I got weird covered. ;p

Also, got a new PSU in one of my systems so am back in operation.

I am sending 1 BTC here to go towards a coffee gift basket for the folks at Archive.org  address sponsored by Edd at Bitbrew.  It's all I have available atm so feel free to chip in a few bitcents if anyone feels so inclined.

View total to date: http://blockexplorer.com/address/1BjFzL2TTukjn76YuDZbVPWJMmhypBJjfG

Cheers,
    Derek

I just sent 1 BTC.

~Bruno~
pointbiz

Activity: 437
Merit: 415

1ninja

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 04:18:22 PM

I sent the Internet Archive 1 BTC

Coder of: https://www.bitaddress.org      Thread
Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator
Donations: 1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN   PGP
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2011, 07:06:44 PM

^^  I like it. Where to send some funds? I pledge 1 BTC

Cheers

Hmmm, this might also be a good way to intrigue charities when approaching on behalf of the Bitcoin 100; I'd be willing to donate a bag of coffee to send with a simple letter reiterating what bitcoin is and how quickly its economy is growing.

Is it safe to assume that a tad more is needed here or has this been shelved? Only curious! I'm not worry, one iota, about my tiny donation, but if still on the table, this sure would make as nice Christmas present to their office staff, albeit it may now arrive late.

~Bruno~

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2011, 09:01:28 PM

Cheers

Hmmm, this might also be a good way to intrigue charities when approaching on behalf of the Bitcoin 100; I'd be willing to donate a bag of coffee to send with a simple letter reiterating what bitcoin is and how quickly its economy is growing.

Is it safe to assume that a tad more is needed here or has this been shelved? Only curious! I'm not worry, one iota, about my tiny donation, but if still on the table, this sure would make as nice Christmas present to their office staff, albeit it may now arrive late.

~Bruno~

I'm willing to make up the difference for a bag of coffee or two. However, I was hoping to be able to send some Jamaican Blue Mountain or a Cup of Excellence coffee but that would require at least 2 more BTC.

Alternatively, I could send a bag of the good stuff and not include any decaf or tea.

Suggestions?

Still around.
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 09:07:01 PM

I'm willing to make up the difference for a bag of coffee or two. However, I was hoping to be able to send some Jamaican Blue Mountain or a Cup of Excellence coffee but that would require at least 2 more BTC.

Done.

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
sadpandatech

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 09:07:41 PM

Cheers

~Bruno~

Alternatively, I could send a bag of the good stuff and not include any decaf or tea.

Suggestions?

No worries. I will gladly send another BTC. Anyone else? This is just a small 'Thank You' fund for the Internet Archive folks.
 Cheers

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

sadpandatech

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 09:09:07 PM

Done.

Rock on, m8.  You sent the 2BTC I take it?  Edd, just let me know if you need any more I will send 1 or 2 if needed.

- GA

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2011, 03:47:52 AM

Just sent another one, edd. Keep us abreast.

~Bruno~
edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 01:37:18 AM

Okay, enough has been contributed to cover most of the cost for a bag of premium coffee as well as some decaf. As I mentioned, I'll cover the difference and throw in some tea.

It will probably be Thursday before I can get this shipped out so it will not arrive before Christmas, especially if their offices close early.

If anyone wants me to send more coffee than what I've listed above, send you're BTC to the address designated for this "Thank You" package before Thursday and I'll include another variety or two.

Still around.
sadpandatech

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 01:52:36 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2011, 02:19:49 AM by sadpandatech

Okay, enough has been contributed to cover most of the cost for a bag of premium coffee as well as some decaf. As I mentioned, I'll cover the difference and throw in some tea.

It will probably be Thursday before I can get this shipped out so it will not arrive before Christmas, especially if their offices close early.

If anyone wants me to send more coffee than what I've listed above, send you're BTC to the address designated for this "Thank You" package before Thursday and I'll include another variety or two.

A few Bitcoin coffee mugs would be a nice addition. Any chance you have some of those or are able to acquire them? I will toss a few more BTC for other items if needed.

Edit; If we know of any less than friggin $15 per mug. ;p

- GA

edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 02:30:37 AM

A few Bitcoin coffee mugs would be a nice addition. Any chance you have some of those or are able to acquire them? I will toss a few more BTC for other items if needed.

I don't have any on hand and would have to order them online, extending the amount of time before I could ship out the final package. As it's already going to be arriving after Christmas, a few more days probably won't make a big difference.

Now that I think about it, I could call some local t-shirt/mug shops and see what kind of product they can produce and how quickly they can do it. I'll do a bit of research in the morning and post back here with my findings.

Still around.
Bitcoin 100

View Profile
December 20, 2011, 02:32:38 AM

Also a spoon and some sugar to sweeten the pot. Let us know when they send a thank you reply.

~Bruno~
edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 02:53:24 AM

Yeah, that's going to be the biggest hurdle.

Well, it just may be time to start offering BitBrew coffee mugs so that I can order in bulk.

Still around.
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2011, 03:23:55 AM

Yeah, that's going to be the biggest hurdle.

Well, it just may be time to start offering BitBrew coffee mugs so that I can order in bulk.

You might look at discountmugs.com - I haven't used them and don't know if they're good or there is some catch but they offer various models and the printed normal style is listed as $3.38 each for 12 qty. They seem to offer an amazing variety of styles too.

Oops - Just saw that setup fee is $50 and shipping $30 so by the time you add $80 an order of 12 becomes much more costly. But 24 qty price is $1.69 so that may be acceptable. And I see 36 qty with setup and shpg is $133 (almost same as 24) so that's pretty good = $3.69 each.

edd
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2011, 04:25:39 AM

Okay, I found someone local who can produce the mugs relatively cheaply. Due to the holidays, it will probably take at least two weeks before I have the final product in hand. Do we want to wait that long before I send the Thank You package?

BTW, the mugs will run about 1.75 BTC each and look like this:

Still around.
sadpandatech

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 05:01:28 PM

Okay, I found someone local who can produce the mugs relatively cheaply. Due to the holidays, it will probably take at least two weeks before I have the final product in hand. Do we want to wait that long before I send the Thank You package?

I don't think a wait will detract from the message as the Thank You letter will be the important thing, imho. Most offices run very slim and some of them are chaotic from Dec.24-Jan.2 or so anyhows. Were you able to convert any of the current bitcoins while the price was up? How many mugs did you have in mind? What is the total BTC needed and how many more do you need to pay for it?

Cheers,
   Derek

- GA

Bitcoin 100

View Profile
December 22, 2011, 05:18:56 PM

I don't think a wait will detract from the message as the Thank You letter will be the important thing, imho. Most offices run very slim and some of them are chaotic from Dec.24-Jan.2 or so anyhows. Were you able to convert any of the current bitcoins while the price was up? How many mugs did you have in mind? What is the total BTC needed and how many more do you need to pay for it?

Cheers,
   Derek

Yea! Let us know what else you need. I'm willing to send 2 BTC more for the cause. I like these cups! I can envisioned them lined up on the shelves in that South Park episode I mostly penned. Of course, in the episode, Bitbrew is referred to as BethBrew, derived from BethCoin, named after Chef's (S.N.) eleventh true love, Beth Anne Konig. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55252.msg657726#msg657726
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: