Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:30:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Strong Hands Are Buying  (Read 3099 times)
Inwestour

Activity: 980
Merit: 926

View Profile
December 09, 2022, 10:46:42 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

There is no absolute "need" to diversify either, especially when someone is early in his/her investment and while still in the relatively early stages of building an investment portfolio..  So if someone is new to investing, and can only invest a few thousand per year, it may well be o.k. to just balance in cash and bitcoin.. and to formulate various simple accumulation strategies... after a few years, the investment portfolio may well end up growing to $20k and then to $40k, and then at some point (upon your own choosing), there might be some benefits to diversifying into some other assets .. but even then, diversification might not be necessary, so each person will need to consider how much diversification is comfortable...

As far as shitcoins are concern, I find all of them quite problematic, and sure there might be some ways to get in and out of them, yet many times there may be too many distractions from the main investments.. so individuals have to measure if they might consider 5% to 10% or some reasonable and prudent amount and maybe they feel some desire (or reason) to learn about other matters, and consider their investments of time, money and energies to help channel their learning.. which might be o.k. if it is down in moderation and does not end up devolving into some BIG distraction that ends up causing loss of focus and even loss of time and loss of some if not all of the power of compounding.. which is something that comes from investing a long time, rather than bouncing around.
Understanding that diversification is not necessary does not come immediately, and as very often happens, we learn from our mistakes. Now when I can draw conclusions from my first unsuccessful investments, I will say that it is difficult for me to call shitcoins an investment, I mean that it is dangerous to buy shitcoins for a long-term investment, since this will most likely lead to a loss of funds. They may in some cases be suitable for short-term trading, but this is not an investment, this is a different kind of activity, and it requires a lot of time and knowledge.

If we are talking about investing several thousand dollars a year in bitcoin, then there really is no point in being distracted by shitcoin, because even 10% will only be a few hundred and we will probably spend more time looking for a shitcoin than it will bring profit. It is better to focus completely on bitcoin, and spend your free time looking for additional sources of income that can be additionally channeled for investing in bitcoin. I have never been very successful in trading, but I always find opportunities for additional income, this is the best option for me.

When you have precisely decided on your strategy, you know for sure that you will only invest in bitcoin, you will not be distracted by shitcoins or trading, then you get free time that you can use more rationally. The order in the investment portfolio and the order in the head is very important, because if the portfolio consists of many coins, you start to follow each of them, it takes a lot of time and the focus is lost.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 09, 2022, 02:26:04 PM

There is no absolute "need" to diversify either, especially when someone is early in his/her investment and while still in the relatively early stages of building an investment portfolio..  So if someone is new to investing, and can only invest a few thousand per year, it may well be o.k. to just balance in cash and bitcoin.. and to formulate various simple accumulation strategies... after a few years, the investment portfolio may well end up growing to $20k and then to $40k, and then at some point (upon your own choosing), there might be some benefits to diversifying into some other assets .. but even then, diversification might not be necessary, so each person will need to consider how much diversification is comfortable...

As far as shitcoins are concern, I find all of them quite problematic, and sure there might be some ways to get in and out of them, yet many times there may be too many distractions from the main investments.. so individuals have to measure if they might consider 5% to 10% or some reasonable and prudent amount and maybe they feel some desire (or reason) to learn about other matters, and consider their investments of time, money and energies to help channel their learning.. which might be o.k. if it is down in moderation and does not end up devolving into some BIG distraction that ends up causing loss of focus and even loss of time and loss of some if not all of the power of compounding.. which is something that comes from investing a long time, rather than bouncing around.
Understanding that diversification is not necessary does not come immediately, and as very often happens, we learn from our mistakes. Now when I can draw conclusions from my first unsuccessful investments, I will say that it is difficult for me to call shitcoins an investment, I mean that it is dangerous to buy shitcoins for a long-term investment, since this will most likely lead to a loss of funds. They may in some cases be suitable for short-term trading, but this is not an investment, this is a different kind of activity, and it requires a lot of time and knowledge.

If we are talking about investing several thousand dollars a year in bitcoin, then there really is no point in being distracted by shitcoin, because even 10% will only be a few hundred and we will probably spend more time looking for a shitcoin than it will bring profit. It is better to focus completely on bitcoin, and spend your free time looking for additional sources of income that can be additionally channeled for investing in bitcoin. I have never been very successful in trading, but I always find opportunities for additional income, this is the best option for me.

When you have precisely decided on your strategy, you know for sure that you will only invest in bitcoin, you will not be distracted by shitcoins or trading, then you get free time that you can use more rationally. The order in the investment portfolio and the order in the head is very important, because if the portfolio consists of many coins, you start to follow each of them, it takes a lot of time and the focus is lost.

The first 4-10 years of investing and building an investment portfolio might seem kind of boring because it seems to take a long time to really build up value, so measuring how you are building it up and figuring out your various strategies might contribute towards feelings of impatience and frustration... and like you suggested, if you are investing a few thousand per year because you are still building, it could take you 4-10 years before you start to get to a sizeable amount of somewhere between $20k and $50k.. and where you might start to feel some of the compounding effects.. yet even compounding effects are likely to take even longer than 10 years before you start to feel them in terms of the size of your investment portfolio.

So surely these periods of "down" prices are opportunities to buy - but at the same time, many of us likely realize and appreciate that there are a lot of people who are losing their abilities to feel comfortable investing and/or to feel that they have a sufficient amount of extra cash that they can invest... .so in that regard, sometimes the extra cash is going towards increases in expenses, even the basics food, lodging, energy (utilities/transportation)..

Nonetheless, there are always ways to buckle down and to focus on how to invest, such as investing in bitcoin... or even another matter of various ways to invest in yourself and to attempt to improve your current lot or your future earning potential (if you are young)... so yeah.. strong hands are buying.. but if they might feel that they do not have a lot of cash they also may be figuring out ways to increase the strength of their hands.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Zanab247

Activity: 1176
Merit: 118

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 09, 2022, 03:35:03 PM

Quote from: Bambozled
I don’t think only big hands are investing in bitcoin, but also small investors like us are also investing in Bitcoin.
This is good for both.
The opportunity is for both the poor and the rich to use this year to prepare ahead of a great future, because the price of Bitcoin started reducing early this year to allow those that willing to move higher in income earning to continue buying and wait for the desire time to come before they can sell to earn big money. Both the big investors and small investors that invested in Bitcoin this season will have the access to win big income when bull takeover the market.

ajiz138

Activity: 1484
Merit: 784

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2022, 04:02:26 PM

Diversifying assets with altcoins is pointless, you can invest in altcoins, but that's not called diversification. If you want to diversify your investment, like JayJuanGee said, invest in other assets like real estate or gold instead of bitcoin and altcoins. I also don't hate investing in altcoins, and I agree with you that investing at this point is too risky while bitcoin is very cheap so investing in bitcoin is a perfect choice. Altcoins are only suitable for the short term and should be invested during the bull season to get good returns and minimize risks.
It's true that the right investment and diversification really needs a difference to other investments but it's not crypto anymore, altcoins don't expect too much this will kill us if we diversify in altcoins but for those who believe it's okay in my view it's too bad to diversify into altcoins.

It needs other considerations, don't just make it an investment in bitcoin, even though it's the best choice, there must still be diversification in other assets, gold and property are still feasible for us to invest as long as we understand the same as investing in bitcoin, we also need a broad understanding, meaning we have to invest more with the allocated value and I think smart people do that instead of putting it in one basket, it remains a strong choice that I am indeed strong enough to hold all directions with the investment that is held.

Gold and property can be said to be stable assets, because we need these assets.
Bitcoin is an asset with high volatility but in reality bitcoin can bounce.
Altcoin: 0 is useless to me.

All of that has to be the right current for ourselves.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Inwestour

View Profile
December 10, 2022, 12:59:44 PM

The first 4-10 years of investing and building an investment portfolio might seem kind of boring because it seems to take a long time to really build up value, so measuring how you are building it up and figuring out your various strategies might contribute towards feelings of impatience and frustration... and like you suggested, if you are investing a few thousand per year because you are still building, it could take you 4-10 years before you start to get to a sizeable amount of somewhere between $20k and $50k.. and where you might start to feel some of the compounding effects.. yet even compounding effects are likely to take even longer than 10 years before you start to feel them in terms of the size of your investment portfolio.

So surely these periods of "down" prices are opportunities to buy - but at the same time, many of us likely realize and appreciate that there are a lot of people who are losing their abilities to feel comfortable investing and/or to feel that they have a sufficient amount of extra cash that they can invest... .so in that regard, sometimes the extra cash is going towards increases in expenses, even the basics food, lodging, energy (utilities/transportation)..

Nonetheless, there are always ways to buckle down and to focus on how to invest, such as investing in bitcoin... or even another matter of various ways to invest in yourself and to attempt to improve your current lot or your future earning potential (if you are young)... so yeah.. strong hands are buying.. but if they might feel that they do not have a lot of cash they also may be figuring out ways to increase the strength of their hands.
Often, with an increase of income, people's expenses increase, they understand that they can buy something that they have long dreamed of, and perhaps if this is some kind of reward for themselves for the ability to increase their income, this is not bad, but if they start spending additional income on everyday needed, buy more food, or more clothes, or whatever, if it's not very important, it's not very good. If people used to do without it, then why spend on it now? I hear people say that you don't need to deny yourself and try to save money, you need to learn how to earn more. To some extent I agree, you need to maintain a good standard of living to be comfortable, but when it comes to earning more, well, I don’t mind earning more, but learn to channel this additional income into the right investments and increase in this way their chances of becoming self-reliant and independent. But this is the choice of everyone, someone likes to live for today and not worry too much about what will happen tomorrow, and someone wants to be sure of tomorrow and does not want to spend their whole life on work. So strong hands will buy, strong hands are very good, but even better combination of strong hands with a smart head.

Perhaps for some, the first years of investing will be boring, I don’t know, it will soon be a year since I started investing in bitcoin, for me this time has passed very quickly, it seems that several months have passed. To some extent, I am glad that this was a bear market year, it passed in favorable conditions for investing. I'm looking forward to seeing how my investment will grow when the bull market comes back.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2022, 05:29:33 PM
Merited by darkangel11 (1), Inwestour (1)

Often, with an increase of income, people's expenses increase, they understand that they can buy something that they have long dreamed of, and perhaps if this is some kind of reward for themselves for the ability to increase their income, this is not bad, but if they start spending additional income on everyday needed, buy more food, or more clothes, or whatever, if it's not very important, it's not very good. If people used to do without it, then why spend on it now? I hear people say that you don't need to deny yourself and try to save money, you need to learn how to earn more. To some extent I agree, you need to maintain a good standard of living to be comfortable, but when it comes to earning more, well, I don’t mind earning more, but learn to channel this additional income into the right investments and increase in this way their chances of becoming self-reliant and independent. But this is the choice of everyone, someone likes to live for today and not worry too much about what will happen tomorrow, and someone wants to be sure of tomorrow and does not want to spend their whole life on work. So strong hands will buy, strong hands are very good, but even better combination of strong hands with a smart head.

Perhaps for some, the first years of investing will be boring, I don’t know, it will soon be a year since I started investing in bitcoin, for me this time has passed very quickly, it seems that several months have passed. To some extent, I am glad that this was a bear market year, it passed in favorable conditions for investing. I'm looking forward to seeing how my investment will grow when the bull market comes back.

I am speaking somewhat from experience, and I have been building my investment portfolio for more than 30 years.. Of course, bitcoin was not available for all of that time, and I ONLY started to add bitcoin into my investment portfolio in late 2013.   

I feel that I had frequently attempted to employ decently strong strategies to invest 10% of my income or more no matter what, and sure when I look back I can see a lot of mistakes that I made, and I can even see that there were a lot of periods in which it seemed as if I was just spinning my wheels and not really making much progress... yet in some sense the amounts did continue to increase and even the amounts were able to out-pace inflation.. and if i compare what I did to some of my colleagues, there can be a decently large difference between someone who had a life of saving and trying to live within his her income rather than spending on consumer debt...

I would also not suggest to deprive ones self from living and even increasing consumption and even buying nice things as income goes up.  There are ways to project the level of income going up, but there are also ways in which the income might end up going up higher than the conservative projections...

Let's say that the person who has a $3k per month income has been investing 1/3 of his income $1k per month, so if his income ends up going up by more than the cost of living (goes up to nearly $4k per month.. and maybe cost of living is $3,500, so then has an additional $500 per month to do what s/he likes), then s/he can choose the extent to which to invest that extra income or to increase his/her standard of living.. and it does not need to be all or nothing - even though there could be some advantage and incentives to invest with the money in order to either accelerate the timeline of getting to fuck you status or to increase the odds of getting to fuck you status... which maybe instead of taking 40 years to get to fuck you status, the investor might be able to get to fuck you status in 30 years.... or maybe less time to get to fuck you status if there might be some greater luck along the way... .. both preparations and luck.. but not just expecting luck without making preparations along the way.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1123

View Profile
December 10, 2022, 05:53:16 PM

Let's say that the person who has a $3k per month income has been investing 1/3 of his income $1k per month, so if his income ends up going up by more than the cost of living (goes up to nearly $4k per month.. and maybe cost of living is $3,500, so then has an additional $500 per month to do what s/he likes), then s/he can choose the extent to which to invest that extra income or to increase his/her standard of living.. and it does not need to be all or nothing - even though there could be some advantage and incentives to invest with the money in order to either accelerate the timeline of getting to fuck you status or to increase the odds of getting to fuck you status... which maybe instead of taking 40 years to get to fuck you status, the investor might be able to get to fuck you status in 30 years.... or maybe less time to get to fuck you status if there might be some greater luck along the way... .. both preparations and luck.. but not just expecting luck without making preparations along the way.
I hope I understood something from the quote above, especially about the time it takes to achieve success in investing. Not everyone will succeed from their investment within 1-5 years, most require a longer time, namely 10-30 years. However things can be different when we invest in bitcoin especially when they invest heavily on down cycles. I would think investors do well to earn good returns if they are willing to be long term holders or when they are taking advantage of price cycles.

I believe bitcoin investing will provide good returns if we take advantage of down cycles. I mean when the correction has reached 70% since ATH, then this is the best time for investors to take profits by investing more. Accumulation can be thought, buy on the dip and obviously these are the best of times.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
arabspaceship123

Activity: 868
Merit: 190

I'm a web developer. Hire me for your work.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2022, 06:06:13 PM

I am speaking somewhat from experience, and I have been building my investment portfolio for more than 30 years.. Of course, bitcoin was not available for all of that time, and I ONLY started to add bitcoin into my investment portfolio in late 2013
I didn't invest in bitcoin until years late. I'd like to ask your portfolio holdings if it isn't personal to share.

I feel that I had frequently attempted to employ decently strong strategies to invest 10% of my income or more no matter what, and sure when I look back I can see a lot of mistakes that I made, and I can even see that there were a lot of periods in which it seemed as if I was just spinning my wheels and not really making much progress... yet in some sense the amounts did continue to increase and even the amounts were able to out-pace inflation.. and if i compare what I did to some of my colleagues, there can be a decently large difference between someone who had a life of saving and trying to live within his her income rather than spending on consumer debt...
Investing 10% of your income isn't a bad strategy, you acted on what you thought was good to do. It's about experience & risk taking. When you're investing you enter learning & discovery phases in life. By out-pacing inflation in some increases your investments were wise.

I would also not suggest to deprive ones self from living and even increasing consumption and even buying nice things as income goes up.  There are ways to project the level of income going up, but there are also ways in which the income might end up going up higher than the conservative projections...
What's the reason for portfolio investment? A proportion of profits shouldn't be banked. Extra dividends can bring luxuries in increasing consumption honestly earned by investors. Life needs to be lived.

██████████   ARABSPACESHIP 123     سفينة الفضاء العربية ١٢٣   ██████
|  | ||     |   
avatar & signature available to rent   |     || |  |

█████████████████  
Hire me to design your websites   █████████████████
Doan9269

Activity: 854
Merit: 576

View Profile
December 10, 2022, 06:14:27 PM

I don’t think only big hands are investing in bitcoin, but also small investors like us are also investing in Bitcoin.
This is good for both.
The opportunity is for both the poor and the rich to use this year to prepare ahead of a great future, because the price of Bitcoin started reducing early this year to allow those that willing to move higher in income earning to continue buying and wait for the desire time to come before they can sell to earn big money. Both the big investors and small investors that invested in Bitcoin this season will have the access to win big income when bull takeover the market.

What needed to be understood is that there's no time one cannot get in for bitcoin investment as long as you have the good idea of what you're coming after with your bitcoin investment, some trade within a short period during dip or even when the price surges to realize their own interest base on choosing a particular trading strategy they understand best, some also invested for a long period and hold after they would have bought the dip, what is needed is for everyone to first define his or her aim and strategies to use and put in place and not that we begin to conclude that only the strong hands are buying, the bitcoin market is nit meant for the whales alone, everyone can participate as long as you're interested and have all it takes to set in.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2022, 06:57:07 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2022, 07:08:45 PM by JayJuanGee

I hope I understood something from the quote above, especially about the time it takes to achieve success in investing. Not everyone will succeed from their investment within 1-5 years, most require a longer time, namely 10-30 years. However things can be different when we invest in bitcoin especially when they invest heavily on down cycles. I would think investors do well to earn good returns if they are willing to be long term holders or when they are taking advantage of price cycles.

I believe bitcoin investing will provide good returns if we take advantage of down cycles. I mean when the correction has reached 70% since ATH, then this is the best time for investors to take profits by investing more. Accumulation can be thought, buy on the dip and obviously these are the best of times.

There are all kinds of ways to attempt to project out how long it might take a person to reach fuck you status - if things go correctly, and there are a lot of people who work 30 or 40 years or more and they never make it to fuck you status.  So, just making it to fuck you status would be a great thing..

Let's say that you are pretty young and you are in your early 20s, you could project out starting with $500 per month investing ($6k per year) and then perhaps seeing your income and the amount that you are able to invest go up through the years.... .. so you can project out an average rate of return and even attempt to figure out whether you are able to be consistent in your investing and even to be able to keep up with the cost of living increases.

Before I got into bitcoin, I figured that my first  more than 20 years of investing, I had averaged about 5.5% increase per year in my investment portfolio size that was due to appreciation, so over course there were good years and bad years, but on average I was able to achieve 5.5% increase per year which was o.k..  and better than nothing and maybe even lucky that it seems to have gone up more than the cost of living... some people are not even able to achieve that level of return or even to be able to consistently invest for more than 20 years...

So maybe even if you project out $6k per year and then going up to $20k per year.. and with around a 6% return, that may or may not allow you to get to fuck you status, but it could increase your odds, if you are consistently investing and not making too many BIG mistakes.

The first 3-5 years that I was in bitcoin, the bitcoin portion of my investment was underperforming my historical returns; however, starting in late 2016 or 2017 or so, the BTC portion of my investment outrageously outperformed the remaining portions of my investment portfolio.. and I did not choose to diversify out of my BTC investment.. but to just continue to let my winner ride.. and sure in this last year, there has been downward performance, but BTC's performance is still at least 8x higher than the remaining portion of my investment portfolio... so that outperformance does increase the chances to get to fuck you status and even to potentially get there sooner than if I would have just kept going with my various traditional investment portfolio assets.

Sure, historical performance is no guarantee of future performance results, but it still seems that bitcoin remains amongst the better (if NOT the best) of investment asset options.

I am speaking somewhat from experience, and I have been building my investment portfolio for more than 30 years.. Of course, bitcoin was not available for all of that time, and I ONLY started to add bitcoin into my investment portfolio in late 2013
I didn't invest in bitcoin until years late. I'd like to ask your portfolio holdings if it isn't personal to share.

Of course, we look at bitcoin differently if we have already established some kind of an investment portfolio as compared if we are brand new to investing.

Prior to investing into bitcoin, I had mostly been investing into various kinds of index funds that would be a mixture of stocks and bonds, and then some property and business investments.  

When I first got into bitcoin, I created a 6 month budget for myself, so by the middle of 2014, my six months was over, so I largely extended my investing into bitcoin and my budget for another 6 months, so by the time that the end of 2014 came, I was attempting to reassess what I should do, and at that point, I had largely reached around 10% of my total investment portfolio to have been into bitcoin, so I thought that I had largely met my goal.. however, if you look at the charts, you will see that bitcoin prices continued to go down and to stay down through almost all of 2015, so my ongoing buying of BTC during 2015 had caused my BTC allocation to go higher than my 10% preference, and I had gotten up to around 13.5% allocated into BTC by the end of 2015.

I reassessed various times and tried to figure out what to do, an largely I decided not to reallocate my BTC.. but just let my BTC investment ride and to take various risk management (volatility) strategies within my BTC holdings by selling very small amounts (less than 1% of the holdings for every 10% the BTC price went up) on the way up and using that money to buy back.. so there can be some additional fees in that kind of a strategy, too.

Investing 10% of your income isn't a bad strategy, you acted on what you thought was good to do. It's about experience & risk taking. When you're investing you enter learning & discovery phases in life. By out-pacing inflation in some increases your investments were wise.

Well maybe there were times in which I might have ONLY been making small amounts of money, so figuring out how to construct some kind of a savings plan, and so sometimes when my income went up at later points in my life, I did not feel that I needed to buy a bunch of stuff, so I could invest way more than 10%.. and maybe even getting up to periods in which I was investing 30% or more... but it was good to always have an ongoing practice of investing.. even though I believe that there were several times that I made mistakes in terms of taking some of the investment money and believe that I was investing into solid projects, when those investments were not very good... so for sure, over the years, mistakes can be made.. and even sometimes not very good management of where to put the money so that it could grow without too much risk.. .. but sometimes there would still be needs for some risk.

I would also not suggest to deprive ones self from living and even increasing consumption and even buying nice things as income goes up.  There are ways to project the level of income going up, but there are also ways in which the income might end up going up higher than the conservative projections...
What's the reason for portfolio investment? A proportion of profits shouldn't be banked. Extra dividends can bring luxuries in increasing consumption honestly earned by investors. Life needs to be lived.

You can build up your investment portfolio and you can also live at the same time.. it is not an all or nothing proposition.  You can have some money in banks and some money that earns interest and some money in property or businesses, index funds and now days we have bitcoin... so then each of us have questions regarding how large our investment portfolio already is and how much of that we might want to put into bitcoin, how much cash do we want to have available or floating.  When I was younger, I did not need to have a very large float and I could project shorter periods of time forward, but it seems that as I grew older some of my finances and some of my financial instruments, business and family arrangements have caused me to have more complicated finances, so instead of projecting my cashflow out 6 months, I tend to project my cashflow out a couple of years, even though of course, the next 2-3 months are more urgent than later down the road, but if you do not project out ahead, you might not realize whether you might have a cashflow problem that might be coming up several months down the road...or even to figure out some of your potential cashflow issues a couple of years in advance can be helpful in determining how much of a cash cushion that you would like to keep on a regular basis and how much you want to keep in whatever emergency funds that you have so that you do not have to dip into your bitcoin investment at a time that is other than a time of your own complete choosing.

This is good for both.

What needed to be understood is that there's no time one cannot get in for bitcoin investment as long as you have the good idea of what you're coming after with your bitcoin investment, some trade within a short period during dip or even when the price surges to realize their own interest base on choosing a particular trading strategy they understand best, some also invested for a long period and hold after they would have bought the dip, what is needed is for everyone to first define his or her aim and strategies to use and put in place and not that we begin to conclude that only the strong hands are buying, the bitcoin market is nit meant for the whales alone, everyone can participate as long as you're interested and have all it takes to set in.

You do not need to be rich in order to be "a strong hand."

Strong hands tend to have plans and they do not sell on the way down and they tend to buy on the way down rather than being scared, but they do not need to be rich in order to be "a strong hand."

MinoRaiola
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1585

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2022, 10:06:53 PM

We not only have strong hands at the moment, maybe also a lot of courage. It takes a lot of patience, the year 2023 and the forecasts do not look good. I hope it will turn out differently, but we have to wait few months. Costs are rising and also the inflation, and how long will it take for it to stop? 2023 will be a year for Diamond hands and I hope in 2024 all different.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
S A KHAIR

Activity: 952
Merit: 108

1xBit recovered their reputation

View Profile
December 10, 2022, 10:18:41 PM

We not only have strong hands at the moment, maybe also a lot of courage. It takes a lot of patience, the year 2023 and the forecasts do not look good. I hope it will turn out differently, but we have to wait few months. Costs are rising and also the inflation, and how long will it take for it to stop? 2023 will be a year for Diamond hands and I hope in 2024 all different.
I have also heard many predictions that 2023 will be a bad economic year because then interest rates will really come into play and businesses will have even more difficulties. I am not an economist but most of the predictions are very bad and if that happens then the market will continue to suffer and move in a bad way because we are part of the economy too. The weak hand will continue to sell bitcoin and the diamond hand will continue to buy bitcoin, who we will become is for us to decide.

MinoRaiola
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1585

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2022, 10:31:12 PM

I have also heard many predictions that 2023 will be a bad economic year because then interest rates will really come into play and businesses will have even more difficulties. I am not an economist but most of the predictions are very bad and if that happens then the market will continue to suffer and move in a bad way because we are part of the economy too. The weak hand will continue to sell bitcoin and the diamond hand will continue to buy bitcoin, who we will become is for us to decide.
I think in such times there will be opportunities and if history repeats, which I believe it will, then good times will come again in the future. The Corona years were hard for the economy and the people. Financially we have to catch up, but the next crisis is here... Energy prices. We need time and I hope all of us have a good financial chance to stay loyal to Bitcoin.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
December 10, 2022, 10:33:36 PM

Strong hands tend to have plans and they do not sell on the way down and they tend to buy on the way down rather than being scared, but they do not need to be rich in order to be "a strong hand."

True. Holding 0.1BTC for more than 2 years makes you a strong hand. Investing in bitcoin should not be a game of who has the most, but who has.
It's a funny thing, but I've been here when people were gathering in those 100 bitcoin clubs because owning 100 BTC meant you have around $100k invested, which according to those people made uou special, a part of the elite.
Nowadays we're coming closer and closer to a situation where an owner of a single bitcoin is a member of the elite.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1123

View Profile
December 11, 2022, 07:06:55 AM

There are all kinds of ways to attempt to project out how long it might take a person to reach fuck you status - if things go correctly, and there are a lot of people who work 30 or 40 years or more and they never make it to fuck you status.  So, just making it to fuck you status would be a great thing..

Let's say that you are pretty young and you are in your early 20s, you could project out starting with $500 per month investing ($6k per year) and then perhaps seeing your income and the amount that you are able to invest go up through the years.... .. so you can project out an average rate of return and even attempt to figure out whether you are able to be consistent in your investing and even to be able to keep up with the cost of living increases.
It makes more sense to expect a profitable investment to change living standards in 5 to 10 years than to work your whole life in a job that is increasingly hated because of its ridiculously low salary. Most people can afford to work 20 to 30 years for a company that pays them a subpar salary, but it would be very strange for them not to be able to wait for their investment to provide a commensurate return in 10 years.

Many people complain about the low salary they get from real jobs, but unfortunately they never find a way to change their economic status to become more prosperous with investment. I'm talking about a lot of people outside the forum or other than the crypto community, which makes no sense when I have to hear their complaints day after day while they have no choice but to endure and accept reality.

So far I am really grateful for what I have earned and invested. I haven't come to the conclusion that status is to damn to think about, but the more I ignore it and enjoy whatever I get today the more enjoyable life becomes. So maybe in the end status is bullshit, but I think a lot of people have gone crazy chasing a better status.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Ahli38

Activity: 798
Merit: 733

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2022, 08:36:05 AM

This is good for both.
Yes, everyone has the same opportunities and choices. what matters is who dares to enter and who is strong enough to hold out until the bullrun returns.
be it small investors or big investors they all have the same choice. and sometimes people who dare to take risks are more likely to get high profits later. well the point is courage is needed to start. And do it with DCA. every time there is a decrease we buy. so that the average purchase price we become relatively cheaper. every time we accumulate in every decrease. automatically makes our average purchase price cheaper.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2022, 05:30:26 PM

It makes more sense to expect a profitable investment to change living standards in 5 to 10 years than to work your whole life in a job that is increasingly hated because of its ridiculously low salary. Most people can afford to work 20 to 30 years for a company that pays them a subpar salary, but it would be very strange for them not to be able to wait for their investment to provide a commensurate return in 10 years.

Many people complain about the low salary they get from real jobs, but unfortunately they never find a way to change their economic status to become more prosperous with investment. I'm talking about a lot of people outside the forum or other than the crypto community, which makes no sense when I have to hear their complaints day after day while they have no choice but to endure and accept reality.

So far I am really grateful for what I have earned and invested. I haven't come to the conclusion that status is to damn to think about, but the more I ignore it and enjoy whatever I get today the more enjoyable life becomes. So maybe in the end status is bullshit, but I think a lot of people have gone crazy chasing a better status.

There seems to be a certain amount of futility described in your post Falconer, and I was trying to describe a situation in which there are not any guarantees that any of us are going to make it to fuck you status - yet at the same time, we have much better odds to reach fuck you status.. and/or to reach it sooner if we start our preparations sooner.. even if we might screw up several times along the way and even if we might have some bad luck along the way too... such as some of our investments not holding the value that we expected that they were going to hold by the time we get to an age in which we either no longer want to work or we want to significantly reduce the amount that we work.

Sometimes people describe these matters as all or nothing, and I recall several ways that I invested 30 years ago and even anticipated to keep those systems going, that would not really work as well today, especially after bitcoin has become one of the options that I know about.. and sure some people know about bitcoin but they fail/refuse to put anything into it and they just wait for opportunities that may well not come...

So a decent part of potential success is acting.. and of course, I consider that it would be way smarter for a person who is just starting (and in his early 20s) to be investing only into bitcoin and attempting to focus on bitcoin, and then work his/her way out from there.. 10 years later, 20 years later.. and of course continuing to reassess along the way, while having a decently strong starting point.  There might be points of time in which small tweaks are made and then points in time which decently major shifts are made.

So as I already described, when I came across bitcoin in late 2013, I had more than 20 years of around 5.5% average annual profits.. so I had been able to build a decently strong investment portfolio (even if we might assess the overall portfolio as kind of whimpy and lack-luster), but still the whole investment portfolio was much better to bring to BTC rather than to have had been losing and starting over .. which frequently happens to people who might build their investments for several years and then they take too many chances and lose a lot of principle at various points along the way.

Let me go back to my example... and let's say that if I had a plan that projected that if I invested a reasonable amount and I tried to increase the amount that I was investing as my income went up, so in that sense I could project out better case scenarios, worser case scenarios and average scenarios, and there would be some scenarios that might see me getting to fuck you status in a short period of time, and likely the most realistic scenarios would ONLY allow me to get to fuck you status if I remained somewhat persistent through the years.  

There are scenarios in which a lot of people operate is that they are never really able to build up their investment portfolio, and for example, if you proclaim that your fuck you status level is getting to $2 million and you consider that you may be able to get there in about 30 years if everything works out, but every time you build your investment up between $50k and $150k, you find some kind of a project in which you cannot resist to buy, dip into your investment fund, and you are never really getting to a kind of supra $150k stage in which you are going to start to benefit more from the compounding effects of having more value in your investment fund.

I guess my point is that a lot of things can come up and some of them are within your control and others are not, even though you might be able to perceive that if you kept a lot of your money in cash, you might feels safe.. but at the same time, the cash might not hold its value very well, especially if you are looking out 10-20 years or more.

panganib999

Activity: 1736
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2022, 06:27:24 PM

I believe that has been the case since time immemorial. People who are aware of how the market works will always find the best opportune time to buy more and more crypto so they could profit once the bull market kicks in.

True. Holding 0.1BTC for more than 2 years makes you a strong hand. Investing in bitcoin should not be a game of who has the most, but who has.
It's a funny thing, but I've been here when people were gathering in those 100 bitcoin clubs because owning 100 BTC meant you have around $100k invested, which according to those people made uou special, a part of the elite.
Nowadays we're coming closer and closer to a situation where an owner of a single bitcoin is a member of the elite.
Agree on both of you. The fact that people misconceive huge bagholders and whales for strong hands are a common trope in this industry. Everyone and anyone can be a strong hand as long as they have the guts to hold their coins for a very long time. and it's not like bitcoin isn't trustworthy. The cryptocurrency literally made millionaires in the past and is set to make another batch of millionaires soon as the bear market comes to pass. Not saying that everyone who has holdings on bitcoin will become millionaires someday, but what I'm saying is that these people didn't get their millions from pulling their investments out at the first sign of a decline or stagnation in price.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2022, 07:17:59 PM

I believe that has been the case since time immemorial. People who are aware of how the market works will always find the best opportune time to buy more and more crypto so they could profit once the bull market kicks in.

Agree on both of you. The fact that people misconceive huge bagholders and whales for strong hands are a common trope in this industry. Everyone and anyone can be a strong hand as long as they have the guts to hold their coins for a very long time. and it's not like bitcoin isn't trustworthy. The cryptocurrency literally made millionaires in the past and is set to make another batch of millionaires soon as the bear market comes to pass. Not saying that everyone who has holdings on bitcoin will become millionaires someday, but what I'm saying is that these people didn't get their millions from pulling their investments out at the first sign of a decline or stagnation in price.

I think that recent history should teach us that it may well be a good idea to be consistent in your investment, to activity get involved in investing, but don't get too greedy or too soppy so that you either end up overly investing with leverage that blows up or you are not able to pay back.. or that you end up getting rug pulled by a counter-party, who you should not have trusted to hold much if any of your value.

Be aggressive, consistent and persistent without overdoing it and without presuming that you are going to become rich.. but instead that it is likely that you will be able to improve your lot in life.. whether you are able to invest $10 per week, $100 per week, $1k per week or some other amount that is likely to add up and the value is likely compound over time.. so long as you do not screw up too much..

One of the advantages of bitcoin is that the person with $10 per week is able to invest and no one can stop him/her, and historically that person with $10 per week was precluded from investing until s/he saved in cash for 10 years or more in order to have a large enough sum that could be eligible to invest.  Bitcoin gives the opportunity for the $10 per week person to be able to invest and to take responsibility for investing, which could pay off very well so long as that person does not screw up by over-investing or committing other errors to lose his/her principle.  It seems that the person with $10 per week should still be able to profit from bitcoin, even if the person with $100 per week is likely to be able to objectively measure 10x more payoff than the person with $10 per week. 

In other words, even if the person with $10 per week is able to proportionately equally profit from investing in bitcoin, s/he should not be attempting to invest $50 or $100 per week, when s/he can ONLY afford $10 per week.. and if his/her budgetary situation changes (or improves) then adjustments can be made along the way to become more or less aggressive with the quantity invested each week... 

Inwestour

View Profile
December 12, 2022, 12:59:28 PM

Another 10 years will pass and we will talk about only 0.1 BTC to be a member of the elite.

In other words, even if the person with $10 per week is able to proportionately equally profit from investing in bitcoin, s/he should not be attempting to invest $50 or $100 per week, when s/he can ONLY afford $10 per week.. and if his/her budgetary situation changes (or improves) then adjustments can be made along the way to become more or less aggressive with the quantity invested each week... 
You are right, we need to invest that amount that is comfortable at the moment, because if we increase this amount, it is likely that we will have to save on something, which is bad. We need to live comfortably, if a person wants to increase the amount that he will invest in Bitcoin, then he needs to increase his income. There is a lot of ways for this, he can get increas salaries at work, or find an additional income and invest this money. To be more aggressive in the bear market is good, it can give us the greatest profit in the future. When the market will growth again, then you can return to the usual order, and look how your investments grow. Of course, several hundred dollars that we can invest in a week will bring a significantly better result than $ 10 and we need to strive for this.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██