Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:48:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN/INFO] CARDSMITHS - CURRENCY SERIES 1 TRADING CARDS  (Read 23339 times)
CoinageMint

Activity: 478
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 06, 2023, 09:28:54 AM

READY!! Got a stack ready to burn and post pics. Time to drive down mintages and drive up rarity. Of course, only base cards, lol
Hopefully it is Cardsmiths burning cards from unsoldo boxes, It would be better than asking collectors to burn some of their collection I would prefer that no gemstone or redemption cards are burned, only base, CS and MR cards should be burned

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JUPITYR

Activity: 463
Merit: 74

View Profile
January 06, 2023, 04:48:31 PM

FYI....we are going to be announcing a "card burn" program in the coming weeks.  If you haven't already put together a complete set (or two so you can keep one), this might be a good time to fill the holes in your set.   Wink
Sounds interesting, can’t wait to hear more about it.

Please make the process as transparent as possible, maybe a live stream burn..

Perhaps "burn" is too strong of a word.  An "exchange" would be more appropriate.  

Regardless, the "exchanged" sets would be destroyed, likely not in an actual fire though.  It would be another process that would be safer for our employees.  ;-)

The idea is you would get something very exclusive in return for each complete set you turn in.  
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

Activity: 963
Merit: 397

View Profile
January 06, 2023, 07:08:54 PM

I like the idea. Goes with crypto token burns. Drives up value of still existing cards. They cant burn unsold cards. There are rare cards still in boxes that need to be found. All the rare refractors need to be released. Dont worry all the boxes will sell eventually. Its the base cards that need to be burned. I was really hoping on actually burning them in fire. Some cards i have as many as 10 of them. But excited to see what cardsmiths comes up with for an exchange.
TheNovemberMan
Copper Member

Activity: 458
Merit: 134

View Profile
January 06, 2023, 07:35:41 PM

I never recieved a case that I paid for... who would I contact?

Thanks.
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

View Profile
January 06, 2023, 07:44:16 PM

I never recieved a case that I paid for... who would I contact?

Thanks.
  Just curious. Did they never mail it or it never arrived? Did you track the package?
TheNovemberMan
Copper Member

Activity: 458
Merit: 134

View Profile
January 06, 2023, 07:47:26 PM

In no way am I accusing them of not mailing it out  Smiley... there is just some confusion as one of the orders paid with Bitcoin didn't have enough payment, which made things a little confused!
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

View Profile
January 06, 2023, 08:10:27 PM

In no way am I accusing them of not mailing it out  Smiley... there is just some confusion as one of the orders paid with Bitcoin didn't have enough payment, which made things a little confused!
  Gotcha, thanks for sharing. Im sure they will straighten it out for you. I have had good interactions with them. Best of luck and keep us posted on outcome.
JUPITYR

View Profile
January 06, 2023, 09:24:03 PM

I would definitely reach out to customer service for assistance:

https://cardsmiths.com/pages/contact
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
January 06, 2023, 11:45:08 PM

Perhaps "burn" is too strong of a word.  An "exchange" would be more appropriate.  

Regardless, the "exchanged" sets would be destroyed, likely not in an actual fire though.  It would be another process that would be safer for our employees.  ;-)

The idea is you would get something very exclusive in return for each complete set you turn in.  

I am uncomfortable with this concept and would be reluctant to make any further purchases if this were to become a thing.  You would be better off having a cut of date in say six week's time or new orders then put the unsold boxes aside for five to ten years and then gift a two pack box with a purchase of X amount of whatever you are selling at that time.

In years to come new users will be searching out past issues of cards - please don't deny future users their chance to own first issue cards.

Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

View Profile
January 07, 2023, 01:03:10 AM

I am uncomfortable with this concept and would be reluctant to make any further purchases if this were to become a thing.  You would be better off having a cut of date in say six week's time or new orders then put the unsold boxes aside for five to ten years and then gift a two pack box with a purchase of X amount of whatever you are selling at that time.

In years to come new users will be searching out past issues of cards - please don't deny future users their chance to own first issue cards.
  I do agree with you that in the future these cards will be hard to get and it would seem ridiculous that people early on burned them.personally i just have a ton of base cards. I was thinking that burning base cards might make for good pictures and publicity. Might even help future sales if people think there getting scarce. If their only exchanging full sets i think this burn wont go far. Full sets are hard to put together. There are just so many base cards close to 800,000 i think. Any burn wont even put a dent in it. Just a publicity stunt. But cant wait to hear details and everyone's opinions
geophphreigh
Legendary

Activity: 1235
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 07, 2023, 01:34:18 AM

I tend to think that if the "burn" option is limited and not available indefinitely, then the exchange item for the burned set will be more rare than a full set over time.  Creating a full set will always be possible simply given number of base cards (not possible to burn them all), granted in the future it may be more challenging or costly.  The exchanged set item will become the rarity given the ratio of full sets to redeemed full set item and the inability to "burn" them in the future.

Not sure if that makes sense to anyone be me.

geo
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
January 07, 2023, 01:59:54 AM

A work of art attributed to Banksy self shreaded moments after it was sold supposedly the bidder keeps the shreadded work while Banksy pockets the millions. Would you be okay with your cards having an inbuilt fade to black after six months feature?

Why not go to a public library/hospital /women's shelter near you and donate them to their children's play area? The children might be inspired to become artists by the works of art on the cards.

JUPITYR

View Profile
January 07, 2023, 03:28:41 AM

That is your choice of course.  You are certainly welcome to your opinion. 

As an aside, this is not an unheard of practice in the trading card industry.  And many collectors are drawn to sets based on the relative scarcity of supply.  The art will always be available in digital form regardless of how many exist in physical form.  No future generations will be deprived of seeing it, I can assure you.
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

View Profile
January 07, 2023, 03:28:53 AM

I hadnt considered that trading in a full set might be for some rare cardsmith collectible or card. Excited to see what they come up with
Todamont

Activity: 602
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 07, 2023, 07:04:47 PM

I was only collecting one set of each, now I need two! The CS and holos are not super-easy to collect the entire set, I don't know how many people out there have a whole set, the number might be kind of low...
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

View Profile
January 07, 2023, 11:41:50 PM

I was only collecting one set of each, now I need two! The CS and holos are not super-easy to collect the entire set, I don't know how many people out there have a whole set, the number might be kind of low...
  I was assuming they were talking about a full set of base cards. I wont be sending in any holos or sparkles, thats crazy. Spent thousands getting those together
geophphreigh
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2023, 12:15:35 AM

I was assuming they were talking about a full set of base cards. I wont be sending in any holos or sparkles, thats crazy. Spent thousands getting those together

I agree. I am also assuming this has been about the base card set. The hunt for a full set of base, holo, and sparkle results in extra full base sets, so I really don't mind turning them in for an exclusive item. But I would really have to think twice, and three, then four times over before turning in a full set of base/holo/cs. The incentive item would have to be absolutely amazing to do that.

geo
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
January 08, 2023, 12:38:21 AM

The art will always be available in digital form regardless of how many exist in physical form.  No future generations will be deprived of seeing it, I can assure you.

Would that be like a 20 year old person throwing paint, tinned soup or even fuel/petrol/paint thinner on the Mona Lisa and saying it's okay because we have a photograph to remind us of it?

One last suggestion to anyone contemplating giving away their cards in bulk - get a padded mailing bag - put the cards inside along with a note to yourself explaining a few things such as how much the cards and packs cost and their bitcoin equivalent along with your user name here in the forum and a short message about what was being proposed in the short term to bump up the prices of the cards.

Seal the jiffy bag ensuring the cards won't move about inside the bag and write "do not open until 2035" or some arbitrary date more than ten years into the future (20+ years if you're a long way from retirement) then put the bag in a quiet corner of the attic, closet or basement (where it won't get water/infestation damage) then open at that later date and sell the cards in bulk or one at a time.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2203

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2023, 01:27:41 AM

FYI....we are going to be announcing a "card burn" program in the coming weeks.  If you haven't already put together a complete set (or two so you can keep one), this might be a good time to fill the holes in your set.   Wink
Sounds interesting, can’t wait to hear more about it.

Please make the process as transparent as possible, maybe a live stream burn..

what warrants a full set? just the base cards or all the specialty cards/redemption cards as well?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
geophphreigh
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2023, 03:57:55 AM

The art will always be available in digital form regardless of how many exist in physical form.  No future generations will be deprived of seeing it, I can assure you.

Would that be like a 20 year old person throwing paint, tinned soup or even fuel/petrol/paint thinner on the Mona Lisa and saying it's okay because we have a photograph to remind us of it?

One last suggestion to anyone contemplating giving away their cards in bulk - get a padded mailing bag - put the cards inside along with a note to yourself explaining a few things such as how much the cards and packs cost and their bitcoin equivalent along with your user name here in the forum and a short message about what was being proposed in the short term to bump up the prices of the cards.

Seal the jiffy bag ensuring the cards won't move about inside the bag and write "do not open until 2035" or some arbitrary date more than ten years into the future (20+ years if you're a long way from retirement) then put the bag in a quiet corner of the attic, closet or basement (where it won't get water/infestation damage) then open at that later date and sell the cards in bulk or one at a time.

Timelord - I agree with you that destroying things can be counterproductive and harmful in many ways. However, I think we are talking about apples and oranges here.
Destroying the Mona Lisa? Thats a one of a kind, priceless piece of art history. Of course a photo is not the same.
I have multiple full base sets of these Cardsmiths Currency cards and I know others do as well, so not quite the same as a single rare painting.

I will be doing exactly what you suggest . . . and more.
I will keep unopened boxes/packs.
I will keep full sets protected. (I'll even do exactly as you say, seal some up until 2035 AND 20 years from now).
I will burn full sets and keep the redemption reward protected.

I agree with you that if there was only ONE set of base cards, destroying it would be criminal. But the truth is there are thousands of these base cards and by burning a small percent of them the remaining cards become more valuable.

I think a better analogy is Bitcoin. Think of it like the several million bitcoin lost to missing keys, boating accidents, and burner addresses. People don't seem to mind that their BTC has more value because the supply is now less than 21M. Do I hate to see those BTC gone, sure. But there are many still left (like base sets) and they are now more prized. Furthermore we always say "you get bitcoin at the price you deserve". Simply put, early entry has higher risk. Same thing here. You buy cards now, you take a risk they aren't worth anything later, but maybe they will be. I liken it to early OG collectors who "burned" some of their Bitcoin for now treasured tokens like a Casascius coin (I get that the BTC was not actually burned for this). Cas coins are no longer made, harder to get now, but still available for a price (like a card burn prize). What's more valuable, the Cas coin or the BTC; the burn prize or the base set? I know it's not a perfect analogy, but simply an attempt to show how I think about this dilemma/opportunity.

We can agree to disagree, no hard feelings, but honestly I am glad that there may be an option for my extra base cards that could have value or be more rare than an actual base set in the future.

Geo

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: