Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:32:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN/INFO] CARDSMITHS - CURRENCY SERIES 1 TRADING CARDS  (Read 23339 times)
Mrstacy
Copper Member

Activity: 1247
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 04, 2023, 05:43:21 PM

Found 2 more complete sets. Nice. Redemption may be full now though  Angry

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

https://diviproject.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
March 04, 2023, 05:49:42 PM

Be ultra careful getting your sets together.  I had duplicates and some missed in some instances.  I wonder if they'll let you resolve minor issues or is it one strike and you're out.

Our rapidly changing world requires a financial ecosystem that can keep up. Through our innovative technology and philosophy, we’re transforming the future of finance, for the better.

PreciousMetapsICT

Activity: 868
Merit: 178

Thank God Runes solved Bitcoins fee problem! lmao

View Profile
March 04, 2023, 06:02:51 PM

FFS! Can I get a confirm email or one saying I’m shit out of luck already?! 

How hard is it to count to 62!  Fuuuuuck!

Unfortunately Yoda - you will either get an email saying yours has been accepted or put on a waitlist. You never know if someone claimed more sets than they have already or claimed a lot more than they already have. Good luck - I’ll let you know if I hear anything else
Otillio1330

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2023, 12:11:01 AM

Can anybody tell me the difference in cards 1,1A, and 53 for the holofoil and crystal sparkle differences? I have multiple of each card, but they are all either crystal sparkle or holofoil, and I can’t seem to be able to tell which. I’m trying to make sure I have a complete set of each version, and these are the only cards I’m having an issue distinguishing. Thanks for anyone who can help out.
PreciousMetapsICT

Activity: 868
Merit: 178

Thank God Runes solved Bitcoins fee problem! lmao

View Profile
March 05, 2023, 12:15:57 AM

Can anybody tell me the difference in cards 1,1A, and 53 for the holofoil and crystal sparkle differences? I have multiple of each card, but they are all either crystal sparkle or holofoil, and I can’t seem to be able to tell which. I’m trying to make sure I have a complete set of each version, and these are the only cards I’m having an issue distinguishing. Thanks for anyone who can help out.

Send me pics on messenger and I am pretty sure I can distinguish them
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
March 05, 2023, 12:24:13 AM

Received some redemption cards today.  Really like what cardsmiths is doing with that. Good luck finding that 1btc card. I struck out again.

CoinageMint

Activity: 478
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 05, 2023, 12:57:07 AM

I think this was briefly discussed a few pages back: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5406560.msg61789448#msg61789448

Received some redemption cards today.  Really like what cardsmiths is doing with that. Good luck finding that 1btc card. I struck out again.
I am surprised nobody has posted that they have found a 1 BTC or at least a 1 ETH redemption card yet, apparently there is “more than 5 x 1BTC cards” and “20 x 1 ETH redemption cards”
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
March 05, 2023, 01:14:41 AM

I think this was briefly discussed a few pages back: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5406560.msg61789448#msg61789448

I am surprised nobody has posted that they have found a 1 BTC or at least a 1 ETH redemption card yet, apparently there is “more than 5 x 1BTC cards” and “20 x 1 ETH redemption cards”

Each box sold increases the odds ever so slightly.  But redemption cards might be collectible beyond face value

Todamont

Activity: 602
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 05, 2023, 01:35:11 AM

I'm looking for the CS #53 if you have an extra, I would make a good offer. The holos are more rainbow, the sparkles are pretty sparkly.
Todamont

View Profile
March 05, 2023, 08:45:54 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2023, 09:01:52 PM by Todamont

Received some redemption cards today.  Really like what cardsmiths is doing with that. Good luck finding that 1btc card. I struck out again.

To be honest, I'm not super-happy with how the redemption thing went. I spent a lot of money and time collecting base sets and putting them together, without any errors or ommissions in my sets, and it seems that now I won't be able to get any redemption reward because I happened to work late one night last week and didn't log into this thread on this forum late at night, and respond by 5am. I was hoping to get something cool in return for my effort and now I feel like I've been sort of left out in the cold, and I feel kind of silly for collecting these base sets which have now had their value plummet off a cliff because they can't be redeemed any longer. To be honest I'm feeling a bit of remorse right now, for having participated in the base set collection effort, and that's not fun.

I would prefer to see a program where people can continue to redeem base sets, or at least another refractor redemption with a known time for event to begin, so that those of us who work late nights might be able to participate next time.

If we were put onto a "wait list" it would be nice to understand how that will work. If someone lied about how many sets they have, then they have 60 days to procure more sets and turn them in? Mail doesn't really take 60 days... Then what happens if they don't meet their deadline? The next person in line then gets notified and gets another 60 days? So how long might I wait on this wait list? It seems like it could be a long long time, lol. I guess one day in the distant future I might get an email. It's not good to leave your most devoted followers just hanging like that. Maybe at least a status update on how many diamond refractors have been sent out so far, or if they have all been claimed, would have been nice, in the first week.
Cryptogreatdane
Copper Member

Activity: 963
Merit: 397

View Profile
March 05, 2023, 09:40:39 PM

Received some redemption cards today.  Really like what cardsmiths is doing with that. Good luck finding that 1btc card. I struck out again.

To be honest, I'm not super-happy with how the redemption thing went. I spent a lot of money and time collecting base sets and putting them together, without any errors or ommissions in my sets, and it seems that now I won't be able to get any redemption reward because I happened to work late one night last week and didn't log into this thread on this forum late at night, and respond by 5am. I was hoping to get something cool in return for my effort and now I feel like I've been sort of left out in the cold, and I feel kind of silly for collecting these base sets which have now had their value plummet off a cliff because they can't be redeemed any longer. To be honest I'm feeling a bit of remorse right now, for having participated in the base set collection effort, and that's not fun.

I would prefer to see a program where people can continue to redeem base sets, or at least another refractor redemption with a known time for event to begin, so that those of us who work late nights might be able to participate next time.

If we were put onto a "wait list" it would be nice to understand how that will work. If someone lied about how many sets they have, then they have 60 days to procure more sets and turn them in? Mail doesn't really take 60 days... Then what happens if they don't meet their deadline? The next person in line then gets notified and gets another 60 days? So how long might I wait on this wait list? It seems like it could be a long long time, lol. I guess one day in the distant future I might get an email. It's not good to leave your most devoted followers just hanging like that. Maybe at least a status update on how many diamond refractors have been sent out so far, or if they have all been claimed, would have been nice, in the first week.

I dont think all the diamond sets are gone. The page is still up for submission. They are just taking their time sending out emails. They will contact you and you will get a diamond. I agree that communication could be better. Mr stacey was referring to the btc redemption cards not the diamond. No one has received a diamond yet. They said 6-8 weeks before the diamonds are sent. Be patient bud. Im sure you will be rewarded for your loyaly and early love of cardsmiths currency
Todamont

View Profile
March 05, 2023, 09:52:10 PM

I hope you are right Great Dane. Even then, it would be cool to see another redemption in the future, maybe one where people are limited to one per customer, and/or nobody gets left out if they have a set they want to redeem, or gets put onto a potentially long-term waitlist, or has to wait while other people may still be collecting their sets for months...
xSlyy
Copper Member

Activity: 315
Merit: 126

All you need is... Bitcoin

View Profile
March 05, 2023, 10:58:38 PM

In regards to the current conversation… I’m sure just like how we want Bitcoin in the hands of more people, Cardsmiths feels the same about their project. If the Diamond card is meant to be an illusive reward for the most hardcore collectors, then having only a handful of people with 15, 20, 30 Diamond cards makes no sense from a ‘decentralized’ standpoint. Just my two sats. I’ll remain hopeful that 62 Diamonds will be distributed to 62 individuals.
CoinageMint

Activity: 478
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 05, 2023, 11:31:36 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2023, 03:05:15 AM by CoinageMint

If anyone is looking to purchase a base set (62 cards) send me your offer via DM
Due to some rush purchases I ended up with an extra set
Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
March 06, 2023, 03:51:25 AM

Base sets will be much more rare after redemption ends.  Even more so once second redemption program is (if it is) announced.  Keep the faith.

JUPITYR

Activity: 463
Merit: 74

View Profile
March 06, 2023, 10:59:48 AM

Trying to let the discussion flow as organically as possible, but I will address a couple of quick things.

Diamond Gemstone set redemption confirmations are going out slowly.  They are not finished yet, but getting closer to the end.

There are only so many scenarios that can ever be predicted ahead of time.  Obviously, we'll learn from this first one and hopefully improve some things for future promotions whether for Currency or our other sets coming out.  Especially with respect to timing the announcement of future promotions and specific limits as to when we need to receive redemptions by.

As for the 1 redemption per person versus first come, first served concept....the feeling was both that there wouldn't be that many individuals with multiple sets due to the difficulty in pulling all 62 unique cards.  Also, it would be unfair to restrict the possible number of redemptions someone could make if they have supported the set in a substantial way.

I will say that I'm personally surprised at the number of sets some individuals put together as it is no easy feat.  Keep in mind that in any event, the person redeeming those sets are giving up something they value in exchange for something else they value.  If it was a freebie or giveaway then we would surely want to see a more equal distribution, but there is a "bargain" of sorts that takes place when you are giving up something in exchange for something.

Lastly, you never know what the future holds.  I don't mean that as a cheeky hint that there is definitely something in the works, but we will definitely see how this first promo goes and then go from there.  There aren't a lot of companies in the trading card space doing promotions like this, so there will inherently be a few wrinkles to iron out both now and in future offerings, should there be any.

Mrstacy
Copper Member

View Profile
March 06, 2023, 03:06:16 PM

Trying to let the discussion flow as organically as possible, but I will address a couple of quick things.

Diamond Gemstone set redemption confirmations are going out slowly.  They are not finished yet, but getting closer to the end.

There are only so many scenarios that can ever be predicted ahead of time.  Obviously, we'll learn from this first one and hopefully improve some things for future promotions whether for Currency or our other sets coming out.  Especially with respect to timing the announcement of future promotions and specific limits as to when we need to receive redemptions by.

As for the 1 redemption per person versus first come, first served concept....the feeling was both that there wouldn't be that many individuals with multiple sets due to the difficulty in pulling all 62 unique cards.  Also, it would be unfair to restrict the possible number of redemptions someone could make if they have supported the set in a substantial way.

I will say that I'm personally surprised at the number of sets some individuals put together as it is no easy feat.  Keep in mind that in any event, the person redeeming those sets are giving up something they value in exchange for something else they value.  If it was a freebie or giveaway then we would surely want to see a more equal distribution, but there is a "bargain" of sorts that takes place when you are giving up something in exchange for something.

Lastly, you never know what the future holds.  I don't mean that as a cheeky hint that there is definitely something in the works, but we will definitely see how this first promo goes and then go from there.  There aren't a lot of companies in the trading card space doing promotions like this, so there will inherently be a few wrinkles to iron out both now and in future offerings, should there be any.

Great answer.  I know topps does redemption similar to the single cryptocurrency redemption card scratch off, but I never heard of a multiple card redemption program.  So, this is uncharted territory.   But...in blockchain we've seen burning mechanisms so the cardsmiths program is doing something that is if not game changing quite rare.  Now they need to figure out how to give blockchain rewards for staking.  Lol

YodasRedRocket

Activity: 670
Merit: 562

Nobody dies a virgin… Life fucks us all.

View Profile
March 06, 2023, 06:46:58 PM

I received my confirmation email finally stating I have a spot.  I'm pretty relieved unless I end up getting that damn Tally Stick card  Roll Eyes

As for Yoda, I intend to block you on Twitter. Please be mindful of your language, as using terms as "bitchh" reflects poorly on you. ~ 1HoDLUrFuNdZ
markinaz

Activity: 408
Merit: 125

View Profile
March 06, 2023, 06:51:36 PM

Yes, looks like they are getting caught up, I just got my email as well:

Hello Mark:

Congratulations!  Your Currency Series 1 set redemption request has been approved.

Now the only bad thing is I have to give up my only complete set, time to start building another one!
montreal1

Activity: 269
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 06, 2023, 07:16:41 PM

Heads up: The address listed on my redemption letter was:

Cardsmiths, LLC
Attn: Redemptions
180 S Western Ave. #269
Carpentersville, IL 60101-1738
image loading...

I believe the correct address is:

Cardsmiths, LLC
Attn: Redemptions
180 S Western Ave. #269
Carpentersville, IL 60110-1738

Please make sure you enter the correct zip
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: