Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:11:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][IPO] Numus (Pow/Pos - Scrypt-Jane) | Decentralized Exchange |Cloud Storage  (Read 19857 times)
Duff___Man

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:40:08 PM

Numus, mark it first
??

ShareCoin : SMiSgsNN3A8onLPU4bpAB17w6GJX4g8bU8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nj_47

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:41:44 PM

I finally registered an account just so I could respond to this post.

While you are getting some flack in this thread, you have made some very good points about how cryptocurrencies and the general public and clearly have ideas in place on how to improve adoption.

I agree with your thoughts there very much.

However, here is the reason I registered to make this post. Integrating a lottery system into the currency? I don't know if you could do anything DUMBER if you goal is widespread adoption.

a.) It sends the message the currency is shady, that people use it to gamble, etc. Because, for god sake it's integrated right into the wallet itself, it is a fundamental aspect of it! Even worse, it is the 1st goal after the client is complete! Instead of working on things that actually would be beneficial, the cloud storage, and decentralized exchange.

b.) Even more importantly, lotteries are regulated by the government. This coin, in its very nature is illegal. That is going to scare the hell out of developers and VCs, the people you most desperately need for this to succeed.
BTCspoon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:32:49 PM

While you are getting some flack in this thread, you have made some very good points about how cryptocurrencies and the general public and clearly have ideas in place on how to improve adoption.

However, here is the reason I registered to make this post. Integrating a lottery system into the currency? I don't know if you could do anything DUMBER if you goal is widespread adoption.

a.) It sends the message the currency is shady, that people use it to gamble, etc. Because, for god sake it's integrated right into the wallet itself, it is a fundamental aspect of it! Even worse, it is the 1st goal after the client is complete! Instead of working on things that actually would be beneficial, the cloud storage, and decentralized exchange.

b.) Even more importantly, lotteries are regulated by the government. This coin, in its very nature is illegal. That is going to scare the hell out of developers and VCs, the people you most desperately need for this to succeed.

^
This.

Remove the IPO, remove the premine, remove the lottery, keep the marketing, add a technical innovation to the coin, enjoy the success and wide adoption.
Jamestty

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:40:39 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 08:46:24 AM by Jamestty

I am very interested and I have to say I also feel that the built-in lottery should take a backseat to the decentralized exchange.

I've said it before in the EXO thread and I'll say it again here - the first crypto to successfully launch a built-in, anonymous, decentralized exchange is going to absolutely explode as it will eliminate the need for centralized, TOR-based web sites such as SR was. If Numus can pull this off, it will spawn a thousand SRs and its popularity will skyrocket.

I assume that since Numus will contain cloud storage, the exchange will allow for the asset creator to post some descriptive text and images regarding their asset? Please confirm.
Numus (OP)

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:15:14 PM

Our original goal for the lottery system was to allow people to get a chance to win a jackpot. We believed that this would promote enthusiasm in the community if users could stand a chance to win a large sum of cash only by buying a ticket worth a small amount of NMS. We never intented it to promote Numus as a sort of "gambling currency"
Duff___Man

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:56:04 PM

o info about how fast the block reward decreases. (in time)
No formula for block reward.
No way to know the effective size of the premine. (how long does it take to catch up for the miners.
I'm pretty sure this is the same as in Peercoin.

Duff___Man

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:47:53 AM

Good to see 5 Investors already

Numus (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:34:44 AM

We are currently in talks with Anon136 over escrow for the IPO.
Numus (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:30:38 PM

We have updated our Proof of Work Specifications and our Whitepaper.
ms983845

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:31:30 PM

Our original goal for the lottery system was to allow people to get a chance to win a jackpot. We believed that this would promote enthusiasm in the community if users could stand a chance to win a large sum of cash only by buying a ticket worth a small amount of NMS. We never intented it to promote Numus as a sort of "gambling currency"

I would drop the gambling aspect and put the resources into innovation of your cryptocurrency. Its one of the major things putting me off investing in the IPO.
Numus (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:37:38 PM

I would drop the gambling aspect and put the resources into innovation of your cryptocurrency. Its one of the major things putting me off investing in the IPO.

We are currently considering to push the Lotto System lower down the development road map and prioritize development of the decentralized exchange and cloud storage system.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:17:25 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 12:16:37 AM by Anon136

I am now offering optional escrow for Numus

Please read the following carefully:

The fees will be higher this time than with exo_coin because the bitcoin price has fallen dramatically since I originally set those prices. I hope you will understand. The fee will be 0.02BTC or 0.9% which ever is greater.

Additionally YOU MUST BE IN PERSONAL POSSESSION OF AT LEAST ONE OF THE PRIVATE KEYS THAT YOU SEND FROM I will require digital signatures to release any funds or make any changes to the status of your order. Don't worry, its not as complicated as it sounds and I will be here for anyone who needs help to walk them through every step. You don't even need to know how digital signatures work yet, I can help you with that when the time comes, for now though just make sure that you send from a software client located on your machine or if you prefer e-wallet than use blockchain.info DO NOT SEND DIRECTLY TO ME FROM AN EXCHANGE

You will have the choice of releasing your funds after the investor only build is released in order to get your Numis early or you may wait a few additional weeks to evaluate the finished software.

Ok so if you have read everything carefully and agree to these terms feel free to send to this address when ever you are ready.

1B6HVyYkPSfFkTpgJ1LsFjWrSRGUhfT6Ri

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Numus (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:24:01 PM

I am now offering escrow for Numus

The fees will be higher this time than with exo_coin because the bitcoin price has fallen dramatically since I originally set those prices. I hope you will understand. The fee will be 0.02BTC or 0.9% which ever is greater.

Additionally YOU MUST BE IN PERSONAL POSSESSION OF AT LEAST ONE OF THE PRIVATE KEYS THAT YOU SEND FROM I will require digital signatures to release any funds or make any changes to the status of your order. Don't worry, its not as complicated as it sounds and I will be here for anyone who needs help to walk them through every step. You don't even need to know how digital signatures work yet, I can help you with that when the time comes, for now though just make sure that you send from a software client located on your machine or if you prefer e-wallet than use blockchain.info DO NOT SEND DIRECTLY TO ME FROM AN EXCHANGE

You will have the choice of releasing your funds after the investor only build is released in order to get your Numis early or you may wait a few additional weeks to evaluate the finished software.

Ok so if you have read everything carefully and agree to these terms feel free to send to this address when ever you are ready.

As you can see in the post above Anon136 is providing the optional escrow for the IPO.
Duff___Man

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:52:14 PM

Why not keep the Lotto System? It would be the first of its kind.

InsertUsernameHere

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:15:12 PM

Why not keep the Lotto System? It would be the first of its kind.
Why not just rebrand it, under a new name so that w]people won't think of it as "gambling"

ShareCoin : SiAMsjQv2jG1epUS55V9pyz2CrxRLg4yAu
GoatGuy

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:25:02 PM

Hi there

I heard about this recently on overclock.net and invested in it today through your website. I registered here because I'm not sure whether I need to be a Bitcointalk member to receive my NMS.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:17:05 AM

I am now offering escrow for Numus

As you can see in the post above Anon136 is providing the optional escrow for the IPO.

the word optional added for clarity

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
deedou

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:57:31 AM

keep watching untill the project got new developments
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:49:58 AM

So, IPO with no innovation?
You want our money for "Development" when theres not much you need to develop that you can't find open source code for....

Also 60% of the IPO goes to development (otherwise known as your wallet)?
So far you are not doing anything unique. Why the hell should we spread ourselves even thinner by supporting you when there are already so many promising coins out there?
Oh right, because you need to make money too.

Lets pay someone to paint a wall, then when it's dried we will have them paint it another color, and so on and so on.
Why? because there is obviously nothing more productive they could be doing with their time and they need to make money...  Roll Eyes

GoatGuy

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:36:38 AM

So, IPO with no innovation?
You want our money for "Development" when theres not much you need to develop that you can't find open source code for....

Also 60% of the IPO goes to development (otherwise known as your wallet)?
So far you are not doing anything unique. Why the hell should we spread ourselves even thinner by supporting you when there are already so many promising coins out there?
Oh right, because you need to make money too.

Lets pay someone to paint a wall, then when it's dried we will have them paint it another color, and so on and so on.
Why? because there is obviously nothing more productive they could be doing with their time and they need to make money...  Roll Eyes

Dude did you even read their whitepaper? Cloud Storage System and Decentralized Exchange, I don't really see where you can find open source code for those. The only reason I invested in this coin was beause it was different than others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: