Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:22:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin (not a bitcoin fork) How-To  (Read 26789 times)
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:03:52 AM

Ok, now my cold wallet too shows up this message:
Error: refresh failed: transaction extra parse error. Blocks received: 0

So I have no access to any of my BCN coins now. The first start of my cold wallet was fine, but after some hours I got this message above. I updated the wallet sw, but the same. How to recover?

A newly created wallet on the other host is working fine, but no access to old wallets. What is happening here?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wanesst

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:52:25 AM

Big announcement!

The old version of wallet doesn't work correctly, and you must refresh binaries. You need to replace the existing files.

Here is link to BCN site - bytecoin.org

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 02:31:43 PM

Big announcement!

The old version of wallet doesn't work correctly, and you must refresh binaries. You need to replace the existing files.

Here is link to BCN site - bytecoin.org

The Linux link leads me to the version 0.8.5.306 that I'm using all the day now. On a third Ubuntu system all the same. The blockchain was 14 days back. The first step was installing this newest version. The second was syncronizing with the blockchain. The last step was starting simplewallet with yet another old wallet, the same "refresh failed" as on the other systems.

I'm installing a Windows 7 64 Bit version now, as a VirtualBox VM. All my other Ubuntu Linux 12.04 systems are VirtualBox VMs also, nothing special, standard installation.

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:39:47 PM

OK, I successfully synchronized my blockchain and wallet for the first time and my wallet already has 4 incoming transactions, totalling 13102 BCN.

Is this normal?

I had asked for a few BCN in the giveaway thread, but I'm not sure if all transactions are from the giveaway. I also don't know how to check date/time of a transaction, so can't verify.
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 04:52:40 PM

OK, I successfully synchronized my blockchain and wallet for the first time and my wallet already has 4 incoming transactions, totalling 13102 BCN.

Is this normal?

I had asked for a few BCN in the giveaway thread, but I'm not sure if all transactions are from the giveaway. I also don't know how to check date/time of a transaction, so can't verify.
I have this also. One big outgoing transaction divided into many smaller incoming parts. Is this perhaps the result of the <mixin_count> option?

sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:42:04 PM

Is this normal?

I have this also. One big outgoing transaction divided into many smaller incoming parts. Is this perhaps the result of the <mixin_count> option?

So essentially it is one transaction of 13102 BCN divided into many parts for anonymity? That's definitely possible.
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:24:05 PM

I have my coins again, so a brief aggregation now.

I'm working with Ubuntu Linux 12.04, installed as Virtual Machines on top a VirtualBox environment. My Ubuntu installation is for wallets only, standard installation, some with VPN prepared. One week before all worked as expected, I created a lot of wallets for exchanging BCN. But beginning from yesterday I got this message on start of simplewallet and every refresh:
Error: refresh failed: transaction extra parse error. Blocks received: 6321

A dozen of wallets failed, residing on three different VMs, residing on three different hardware. Also with the newest wallet version (0.8.5.306) it failed to refresh. Surprisingly newly created wallets are working, but not the old ones.

I have now installed a wallet into windows 7 (version 0.8.6.56), syncronized the blockchain, created a new wallet successfully. Then I transfered my Ubuntu wallets into windows, renamed the large wallet-file, and voila, the refresh finished without any error, showing the correct balance.

I have downloaded the newest binaries for windows or linux. I wonder that the version differs significantly between the two os. The linux version perhaps is not uptodate.

I could compile it on my own, if I would find a hint about it to be necessary. But as a marketing guy already said about BCN: If the usability does not increase, this coin is useless. What I also wonder about: as a coin with preference to anonymization and security there should be a large community of linux users here.

Do anybody use a linux os for his wallets successfully? What's the os name and version? Do I have to compile the wallet sw on my own?

Wanesst

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:08:58 AM

Is this normal?

So essentially it is one transaction of 13102 BCN divided into many parts for anonymity? That's definitely possible.

You right, this is one  transaction!

sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:43:54 AM

Is this normal?

You right, this is one  transaction!

Yep. I should have checked the transaction ID. They're all same for the 4 inputs. My bad!

And thanks for the donation Smiley
Wanesst

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:37:05 PM

Is this normal?

You right, this is one  transaction!

Yep. I should have checked the transaction ID. They're all same for the 4 inputs. My bad!

And thanks for the donation Smiley

Nice business Smiley

sgk
Legendary

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 06:27:50 PM

I just upgraded to latest binaries. My daemon synchronized OK.
After some time I received this message:

Any idea what it means?
"BLOCK ADDED AS ALTERNATIVE HEIGHT 484930"  ?
paumonte

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:03:08 AM

Greetings sorry for the newbie question but the situation is that i've downloaded the bunddle for windows but it just works on 64 bit there's no chance or a 32 bit? thank you so much for your time.
Rytir_fik

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 09:14:47 AM

Greetings sorry for the newbie question but the situation is that i've downloaded the bunddle for windows but it just works on 64 bit there's no chance or a 32 bit? thank you so much for your time.

No chance for 32 bit... only 64bit as far as I know. UPDATE https://minergate.com/downloads you can try it.

I like Bytecoin (BCN). BYTECOIN.ORG the best to mine with MinerGate
Yanakitu Tenatako

Activity: 328

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:48:58 PM

I have a problem with wallet, it wont send bcn from it. Says transfer competed, and ID but never executes transfer.
after day or two I refresh my balance an bcn is not show as purple, and balance is like I sent. But then I copy old wallet.bin and refresh and bcn added to my wallet (that bcn I want to send).

BitFinex, best trading platform ever.
Register here: https://www.bitfinex.com/?refcode=53wNhi4gTx
Marcus2914

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:30:10 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2014, 08:05:45 PM by Marcus2914

I have a problem with wallet, it wont send bcn from it. Says transfer competed, and ID but never executes transfer.
after day or two I refresh my balance an bcn is not show as purple, and balance is like I sent. But then I copy old wallet.bin and refresh and bcn added to my wallet (that bcn I want to send).

I have the exact same problem.  I was able to get 2 transfers to work but now it won't. Please any help would be appreciated.

edit: Its working now.  I don't know what the difference in 6 hours is but now it works.  Weird. 
Rytir_fik

Activity: 139

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:51:12 PM

Just in case anybody has problem with wallet especially with sending BCN. DStrange described how to manage it in this link.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.msg7716486#msg7716486

I like Bytecoin (BCN). BYTECOIN.ORG the best to mine with MinerGate
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:48:02 PM

Dear DStrange and abit2slo!
Thank you for this topic.
This coin has an ugly interface but is very intresting as a technology.

Are you calling MSDOS ugly?  Tongue

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
ReRunRod

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:00:37 PM

Dear DStrange and abit2slo!
Thank you for this topic.
This coin has an ugly interface but is very intresting as a technology.

Are you calling MSDOS ugly?  Tongue

Oldie but goody! Smiley
pilitusanelidus

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:48:42 PM

Is not projected to create a pack that can allow to run the BCN pack on windows 32 bits for the close future? thanks for your time.

███████████ ▌    GABROTECH    ▐ ███████████
   DEMOCRATISE LOYALTY REWARDS USING BLOCKCHAIN   
White Paper   ◈   Twitter   ◈   Facebook   ◈   Telegram   ◈   Token Sales
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 09:51:06 AM

Is not projected to create a pack that can allow to run the BCN pack on windows 32 bits for the close future? thanks for your time.

You could always run a lite Debian based distro on Virtualbox.  Smiley

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌