Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:42:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Solo mining help  (Read 900 times)
boggym777

Activity: 56
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 07:39:30 PM

Yeah, actually it is a young fart right now in charge. Hopefully not for long. As governments are exponents of centralization, would be a bit weird that a politician (like right now Robert Kennedy Jr.) or a government would support crypto as crypto is a symbol of decentralization. Our young fart however is on the extreme left, so he will never be in favour, and if he says he is, than this is a fat lie.
Do you by any chance know any other pools like binance? It is weird that I cannot connect to a pool in US for instance ...

Canada is a hell for cryptos, and has been for already a pretty long time (like with Ontario's situation for example). Btw, it's a good thing Binance isn't available to you, the fewer users they have (CEX, pool, partner sites) the better the crypto world will be.

To choose a pool, you can use the following web page, which shows the pools and the number of blocks solved by each of them for the last year (you can change the timeframe at the top)

https://mempool.space/fr/graphs/mining/pools#1y

It's up to you to explore them, and make your choice according to your personal situation. Some will put you under restrictions, others won't, some will have more or less variance in incomes, the choice is yours.
The most important thing is to choose a pool that pays fees to miners - I guess you don't want to deprive yourself of this source of income.

Also, regarding what I was asking about my miner, would it be possible to have 3 pools entered? Or only one?

The pool #2 will only be active when #1 is offline/dead.
The pool #3 will only be active when #2 is offline/dead.

Normally, almost all your shares will go to pool #1. Entering more than one is optional.
Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
October 22, 2023, 09:26:45 PM
Merited by paid2 (1)

Normally, almost all your shares will go to pool #1. Entering more than one is optional.

A small correction, pool 3# will only be activated when both pool #1 and pool #2 are not reachable, so think of them as
Main pool and secondary pools in order.

I think for now you should not waste more time on this, just start with Viabtc and then explore the other options.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
boggym777

View Profile
October 23, 2023, 11:39:43 AM

A small correction, pool 3# will only be activated when both pool #1 and pool #2 are not reachable, so think of them as

I think for now you should not waste more time on this, just start with Viabtc and then explore the other options.
Not with Kano pool? I thought that Kano pool is the middle way...
OK, I got it.
Thank you
boggym777

View Profile
October 23, 2023, 11:42:04 AM

I forgot to ask you. Due to the fact that binance does not have a presence in Canada, wouldn't it be possible to use its US presence for instance? Or is it not allowed?
Thank you
paid2

Activity: 686
Merit: 2080

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2023, 11:57:51 AM

I forgot to ask you. Due to the fact that binance does not have a presence in Canada, wouldn't it be possible to use its US presence for instance? Or is it not allowed?
No, you won't be able to use Binance.us
Binance.us will require US citizenship + US POA

To tell you how impossible this is: when I worked for Binance.com,, we continually had the problem of having Canadian users from Quebec blocked by the site. At the time, only Ontario was blacklisted, not the whole country. So why were users from Quebec blocked? Because their ISP assigned them an Ontario IP randomly. And for these users, the process of unblocking their account was long and complicated. So you can imagine now... even with a VPN you will be blocked because of your KYC process.

Similarly, you're allowed to use Binance.com if you're French, have a French passport and a French POA. Binance.com is even regulated in France, with an address near Paris.
However, you can find yourself banned from using the site even with LEGIT documents. But why? If, for example, you were born in Iran, emigrated to France and obtained French nationality. Your passport / ID will show your place of birth as: IRAN - Teheran for example.
Since Iran is on the blacklisted countries list, even if you're only BORN there, and have a legal nationality in the EU, you can't use their services.

It's sometimes difficult to cheat the system, and often easier to find a more appropriate solution right from the start.

Yeap but it is a small pool. If the pool is not lucky, you can maybe wait and mine for years before the pool find a block. So if you can afford to pay your elecricity without any earning for a possible very long time, Kano's pool is great and has a great support via Discord.

If you want to make more frequent withdrawals, for example to pay bills, it's better to use a pool that has more hashrate and therefore finds blocks more often.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
boggym777

View Profile
October 23, 2023, 12:07:05 PM

No, you won't be able to use Binance.us
Binance.us will require US citizenship + US POA

To tell you how impossible this is: when I worked for Binance.com,, we continually had the problem of having Canadian users from Quebec blocked by the site. At the time, only Ontario was blacklisted, not the whole country. So why were users from Quebec blocked? Because their ISP assigned them an Ontario IP randomly. And for these users, the process of unblocking their account was long and complicated. So you can imagine now... even with a VPN you will be blocked because of your KYC process.

Similarly, you're allowed to use Binance.com if you're French, have a French passport and a French POA. Binance.com is even regulated in France, with an address near Paris.
However, you can find yourself banned from using the site even with LEGIT documents. But why? If, for example, you were born in Iran, emigrated to France and obtained French nationality. Your passport / ID will show your place of birth as: IRAN - Teheran for example.
Since Iran is on the blacklisted countries list, even if you're only BORN there, and have a legal nationality in the EU, you can't use their services.

It's sometimes difficult to cheat the system, and often easier to find a more appropriate solution right from the start.

Thank you. I got it. I had no idea that Canada is so "well" viewed in the BTC world ...
ViaBTC it is then.
Have a great day

Yeap but it is a small pool. If the pool is not lucky, you can maybe wait and mine for years before the pool find a block. So if you can afford to pay your elecricity without any earning for a possible very long time, Kano's pool is great and has a great support via Discord.

If you want to make more frequent withdrawals, for example to pay bills, it's better to use a pool that has more hashrate and therefore finds blocks more often.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 23, 2023, 12:25:35 PM

Yeap but it is a small pool. If the pool is not lucky, you can maybe wait and mine for years before the pool find a block.
Um, when solo mining the size of the pool is irrelevant... All that matters is YOUR hash rate and YOUR luck. That said, kano has several nodes spread across the planet so one should be near you.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
paid2

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2023, 12:30:40 PM

Yeap but it is a small pool. If the pool is not lucky, you can maybe wait and mine for years before the pool find a block.
Um, when solo mining the size of the pool is irrelevant... All that matters is YOUR hash rate and YOUR luck. That said, kano has several nodes spread across the planet so one should be near you.

I believe OP changed his mind in page 2 and is looking for a PPLNS or PPS pool. If not, of course for solo mining, the size of the pool is indeed irrelevant to take into consideration.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
boggym777

View Profile
October 23, 2023, 01:12:06 PM

What about the Foundry pool? I saw that the fee is only 2.5% ...
I am just asking
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
October 23, 2023, 03:37:04 PM

I am just asking

1- It is KYCed, meaning you need to expose your identity, and probably source of funds and that b.s to the U.S government.
2-it is way too large and shouldn't be supported any further.

So it is up to you, if you think the 1.5% difference is worth KYCing yourself or not.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
boggym777

View Profile
October 23, 2023, 05:37:31 PM

I am just asking

1- It is KYCed, meaning you need to expose your identity, and probably source of funds and that b.s to the U.S government.
2-it is way too large and shouldn't be supported any further.

So it is up to you, if you think the 1.5% difference is worth KYCing yourself or not.
Got that.
Thank you
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 02:31:28 AM

Since the subject is 'solo', use my solo pool - it's only 0.5% fee and no KYC

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
boggym777

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 04:28:06 PM

Since the subject is 'solo', use my solo pool - it's only 0.5% fee and no KYC
Thank you very much かの.
I will see. Maybe after I will be more experienced in mining, I will use your pool, OK?
boggym777

View Profile
October 30, 2023, 05:12:33 PM

Hi guys,
I just found out from my Antminer seller about 2 other pools:
- antpool
- nicehash
What do you think of them? Are they worth trying?
Thank you
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 31, 2023, 04:24:55 AM
Merited by paid2 (1)

Hi guys,
- antpool
Requires KYC and PPLNS fees hidden as 0 fees, but in fact just a lie coz they take all txn fees.

- nicehash
Massive fees hidden under jargon and require KYC.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
boggym777

View Profile
October 31, 2023, 01:23:08 PM

Hi guys,
- antpool
Requires KYC and PPLNS fees hidden as 0 fees, but in fact just a lie coz they take all txn fees.

- nicehash
Massive fees hidden under jargon and require KYC.
Thank you very much かの.
Have a great day.
boggym777

View Profile
November 08, 2023, 02:04:45 PM

Hi all,
I checked yesterday with https://www.viperatech.com/ customer service and they suggested as pools antpool and braiins.
I heard kano's position on those. I managed to make an account on antpool and they did not ask for any KYC. Neither on braiins.
They also said something about f7pool, however I found some bad reviews about them.
What are your thoughts about this? With ViaBTC in almost 2 weeks I made with 63TH/s only 0.00052172 BTC. Is that normal?
Thank you
paid2

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2023, 03:15:38 AM

What are your thoughts about this? With ViaBTC in almost 2 weeks I made with 63TH/s only 0.00052172 BTC. Is that normal?

Seems low.
63 th/s with current difficulty should give you something like 0.0009 BTC per week on ViaBTC :

Are you mining constantly ? (I mean 24/7)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
boggym777

View Profile
November 09, 2023, 01:59:15 PM
Last edit: November 13, 2023, 02:25:21 PM by boggym777

Seems low.
63 th/s with current difficulty should give you something like 0.0009 BTC per week on ViaBTC :

Are you mining constantly ? (I mean 24/7)
Hi iwantmyhomepaidwithbtc2,
As long as I had the miner (I returned it as one of the hash boards was not responding), it went 24/7, excluding the time when I did the troubleshooting as the 1st board ceased responding, so I would say that it was almost 27/7.
Therefore I would like to explore other pools, and the customer service from vipera tech was so kind to give me info about antpool and braiins.
I have yet to figure out how to do the testing in order to see which one is best for me. I guess I will mine one week with one, and another week with the other?
I will see what my intuition is telling me.
May the BTC be with you

PS I forgot to add that the payment I chose was PPS+, OK?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: