Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:11:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is cyber crime the last resort of the struggling Nigerians  (Read 203 times)
Brainiac01

Activity: 90
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 14, 2024, 03:05:47 PM

In the case of Nigerians youths who gets involved with cyber crimes the 70% per cent analysis by the EFCC is quiet correct because from my knowledge about this case efcc has over 50 professors who are analysts and economists that knows how to make good assumptions. when they say 70% they are absolutely correct.

I'm not always interested in news about the rate of cyber crime in this country because they left them no option when the youth role models a fraudster what do you expect his follows to do. infact the country as a whole is into fraud but in diverse ways. just because yours isn't casted doesn't mean you are not included. politicians are even involved with this cyber crime, for those of you who live in port Harcourt I know a politician who has a HK around egbelu axis so this cyber crime is so broad that I don't blame the youths but they too are accountable for there actions.

I was arguing with someone recently and he was justifying himself with the fact that the politician are doing the same thing with them. Another stupid talk i hear them say is that "we take from the rich and give to the boy".
Pokapoka124

Activity: 1176
Merit: 556

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2024, 11:27:41 PM

This is what you get when the people in power do not care about the country and the people they pledge to serve. Why will they not raid students hostels in the middle of the night with guns when their own children are all schooling abroad? There is no provision for the common man in Nigeria, and if you find a way out of the rat race, the government will find a way to frustrate your efforts.
Perfectbaby

Activity: 127
Merit: 83

View Profile
January 15, 2024, 12:46:01 AM

He could be true because no study is eagerly to wait for their right job rather they want a smooth and free job were they can be inside house and be doing their hustle without going to school at the end what they wanted is just for them to graduate with good grade without even seating for it one day. We know we country is very hard but the rate which is given to us extremely touching and should how government are incompetent's of providing job for the youth and shame on our government for making any waves their entire youth rather focusing on self developments.
Kliss

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 15, 2024, 07:54:54 AM

I was going through the social media and came across this news about the Economic and Financial Crime Commission Chairman, Olukoyede saying that 7 out of 10 Nigerian students are involved in cyber crime. This is not something to be proud of because it means that 70% of Nigerian students are into cyber crime which I think it is not true entirely when deeper analysis is done about it.

We know that the rate of cyber crime within Nigerians and especially student is increasing but I don’t think it has gotten to that level that he said already. We know this moment are hard times and the economy is not friendly to everyone. Settling for cyber fraud shouldn’t be the last resort for any Nigerian. How can this be averted in the country and what are the possible solutions to stop students from involving in such criminal activities.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0gaCP0s5MJ/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Adverting cyber crime totally will be very difficult but can be reduced. Government and it agencies which supposed to set up good morals for it citizens to follow and act on laws made by them are not showing good examples rather encouraging it's citizens to indulge in these crimes because every day we wake up to hear different corruption practices in our nation. So how will one feel, people who are entrusted with public funds to make our nation better are embezzling these funds. Youths are just looking for every opportunity to make money in this nation but it's an individual decision for everyone to make in what they indulge there self on
Kingbtc2

Activity: 32
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2024, 08:41:00 AM

I was going through the social media and came across this news about the Economic and Financial Crime Commission Chairman, Olukoyede saying that 7 out of 10 Nigerian students are involved in cyber crime. This is not something to be proud of because it means that 70% of Nigerian students are into cyber crime which I think it is not true entirely when deeper analysis is done about it.

We know that the rate of cyber crime within Nigerians and especially student is increasing but I don’t think it has gotten to that level that he said already. We know this moment are hard times and the economy is not friendly to everyone. Settling for cyber fraud shouldn’t be the last resort for any Nigerian. How can this be averted in the country and what are the possible solutions to stop students from involving in such criminal activities.

I think that it is very unfair for the EFCC chairman to say that 70% of Nigerian, students are into cyber crime, I doubt that he carried out his research very well. We have a lot of hard working Nigerian students both acedemicaly and supporting themselves through school, every student that works on the internet is not a fraudster. Besides Nigeria, has millions of citizens and it is a very few minority that are into cyber crime and they are ternishing the image of the majority that are working hard and smart for their money. Let the Nigerian government prosecute and let cyber criminals face the full weight of the law, so that others coming behind them will see the fate that awaits them if they don't stop. As far as cyber crime is concerned it is a global phenomenal, it not only in Nigeria, but every part of the world.
Lord b

Activity: 24
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 15, 2024, 09:34:27 AM
Merited by hugeblack (1)

The fact that this is up for discussion points to the sheer incompetency and lack or professional ethics and intelligence on the part of the authorities,why will such news ever be announced publicly in such manners that it is being announced if not to shift public opinion away from the disastrous policies of the government and the lack of qualification and poor performance of the officials

It is important to point out that the primary strength of any nation lies in perception and projection.Ask yourself is the USA really the most powerful,richest,largest,most beautiful,most economically viable nation on earth? Of course not,it's impossible for any one nation to be better than the rest in all regards and that's not mentioning the flaws associated with the USA which will debunk all their claims but the point to take away here is that they project themselves as such and that's the way the world sees them
Ask any us official about the us and he starts by explaining how great and powerful the USA is whereas in the case of Nigeria they start by uttering gibberish and saying how lazy and corrupt the youth are

This trend is impacting negatively on how Nigeria is viewed on the global stage,it is important to note that though there may be an increase in cyberfraud in Nigeria all statistics are flawed as the government has a background of associating wealth among the younger generations with fraudulent acts but Nigeria is nowhere in terms of fraud in relation to other countries of the world like the USA,UK,and other nations in Europe who historically have always been engaged in fraud even on governmental levels

There's also another twist to this narrative,by projecting the youth as only good in cyberfraud,the government hopes to paint a bad picture thereby leading to a  hardened stance on the part of governments of developed countries to place more visa restrictions on Nigerians especially the youth and help the incompetent and hugely confused government in Nigeria solve the issue of mass emigration
KupaCrypto

Activity: 308
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 15, 2024, 07:25:07 PM

Di reason for dis increase for Naija dey always tok say na because of say di values wey dey society don dey spoil, because of di bad influence wey politicians wey dey chop money from government take do dia own private tin. Di fact say pesin no need any special qualification to enter politics mean say pesin fit become rich overnight if e enter public office. Dis get-rich-quick syndrome dey influence young people wella as dem dey try make money by all means, even if na through crime. But e get other things wey dey cause dis matter; poverty, unemployment and inequality rates dey increase. Cybercrime dey look attractive to many people because di chance say dem go arrest you dey low, and many of dis criminals get di physical and technical resources.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: