Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:42:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who wins Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou?
Anthony Joshua by KO - 5 (17.2%)
Anthony Joshua by decision - 6 (20.7%)
Francis Ngannou by KO - 16 (55.2%)
Francis Ngannou by decision - 2 (6.9%)
Draw - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Boxing] Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou - March 9  (Read 2556 times)
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 08:46:10 PM

As Dana White put it,

“You know how I feel about crossovers into boxing,” White told reporters following UFC 299 in Miami. “That’s how they end. Just like that.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/dana-white-s-how-crossovers-into-boxing-end--182037

@inthelongrun - I do agree, I think if you are really a boxing fan, we all know that at some point, the skills of AJ as boxer will take over.

However, I don't think that this will stop though, those MMA fighters crossing over and making a ton of money like what Francis got in only 2 fights as a pro boxer. And we have the classic example of Floyd vs Conor as the first cross over fights that generated tons of money to a MMA fighter.

Yeah, maybe Ngannou has a better chance of winning against Wilder because that guy has little skills in boxing.

That will be a great fight, two heavy hitters. But I think Wilder will still have the advantage.

Dana White is right, former UFC fighters crossing into a different sport ended like that. They ended up becoming multi-millionaires. Who cares about losing in another sport for a big payday. It's like Lebron James losing to Lionel Messi in a soccer exhibition game. No shame in that IMO. It only bring shame on Dana and his partners for keeping the huge part of UFC revenue.

Until UFC stars are not getting the same level of revenue share boxers are getting, it won't stop them from wanting to crossover.

It might be good if Dana will also address that, the payday in UFC is small as compare to these boxers who are getting millions in every fight if they are a champion. Unlike UFC fighters though. Perhaps fighters like Conor or Jones can command millions per fight. But the rest is getting little paycheck to paycheck. So it make sense for fighters like Francis to set greener pasteur on the other side of the fence.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2024, 10:51:39 PM

Yeah, maybe Ngannou has a better chance of winning against Wilder because that guy has little skills in boxing.
(...)

Not a big fan of Wilder, but I wouldn't say he's lacking skills. The guy has more knockouts than any other active heavyweight. He also sent Fury to the canvas few times (but then again, so did Francis).
As for the Wilder Vs Ngannou - I think the way AJ defeated Francis effectively killed his boxing hype and he's no longer seen as an attractive opponent. Ironically it would be better if he stayed down after the first knock out, as then it could be spun as a "lucky" punch, or just a brief moment of him getting careless etc. But Joshua was so dominant, that there's no doubt he was just multiple levels above Ngannou in boxing skills.

I think we're much more likely to see Wilder Vs AJ, which would indeed be a great fight to watch.

As for Ngannou, the PFL has already announced he will return to mma and will be fighting Renan Ferreira, although the date is not yet set:
https://www.pflmma.com/news/ngannou-to-make-pfl-mma-debut-against-winner-of-pfl-champions-vs-bellator-champions-heavyweight-superfight-between-renan-ferreira-and-ryan-bader

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Rruchi man
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1082

View Profile
March 13, 2024, 11:57:52 PM

For sure, Ngannou will excel in boxing with time, if puts his mind to it, at least he now knows that boxing is not only by physical strength alone but by the way one applies their defense and tactics they use to attack their opponent.
The first two fighters he has faced in his boxing career are top boxers, against less professional gamblers, I am sure Francis will win. He has had a good taste of boxing and must by now understand that a boxing professional will always be superior to a fighter from the MMA who wants to box.

It is a good learning experience for him, he made some good money while at it, the hype was surely there.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 575

View Profile
March 14, 2024, 05:17:37 AM

For sure, Ngannou will excel in boxing with time, if puts his mind to it, at least he now knows that boxing is not only by physical strength alone but by the way one applies their defense and tactics they use to attack their opponent.
The first two fighters he has faced in his boxing career are top boxers, against less professional gamblers, I am sure Francis will win. He has had a good taste of boxing and must by now understand that a boxing professional will always be superior to a fighter from the MMA who wants to box.

It is a good learning experience for him, he made some good money while at it, the hype was surely there.
And just like that, the hype have died down for Francis and it proves superiority of boxers over MMA in a boxing match and rules. Yeah, the first one might give him the taste of confidence as he put a good effort and even knock down the best HW in this generation and he could have won in the judges scorecard. But against a well prepared Anthony Joshua, it was a totally different outcome, he was knockout x3 wasn't even get close to what he did against Fury. Maybe in the second tier HW division, he could probably won some, but against the top, like AJ and Usyk, he will look like an amateur against this boxers.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
inthelongrun

Activity: 1736
Merit: 593

The Martian Child

View Profile
March 14, 2024, 07:01:06 AM
Merited by TopTort777 (1), FinneysTrueVision (1)

That will be a great fight, two heavy hitters. But I think Wilder will still have the advantage.

Yeah, Wilder still has the advantage because he is used to the sport more than Ngannou. If only Ngannou is younger, he can developed into a better fighter.

Dana White is right, former UFC fighters crossing into a different sport ended like that. They ended up becoming multi-millionaires. Who cares about losing in another sport for a big payday. It's like Lebron James losing to Lionel Messi in a soccer exhibition game. No shame in that IMO. It only bring shame on Dana and his partners for keeping the huge part of UFC revenue.

Until UFC stars are not getting the same level of revenue share boxers are getting, it won't stop them from wanting to crossover.

It might be good if Dana will also address that, the payday in UFC is small as compare to these boxers who are getting millions in every fight if they are a champion. Unlike UFC fighters though. Perhaps fighters like Conor or Jones can command millions per fight. But the rest is getting little paycheck to paycheck. So it make sense for fighters like Francis to set greener pasteur on the other side of the fence.

UFC superstars have better contracts now especially to demanding fighters. But still far from boxers' PPV revenue share and their purse guarantees. But maybe boxing superstars are overpaid or their purse guarantees are just too high which is why networks like HBO and Showtime left.

(...)

Not a big fan of Wilder, but I wouldn't say he's lacking skills. The guy has more knockouts than any other active heavyweight. He also sent Fury to the canvas few times (but then again, so did Francis).
As for the Wilder Vs Ngannou - I think the way AJ defeated Francis effectively killed his boxing hype and he's no longer seen as an attractive opponent. Ironically it would be better if he stayed down after the first knock out, as then it could be spun as a "lucky" punch, or just a brief moment of him getting careless etc. But Joshua was so dominant, that there's no doubt he was just multiple levels above Ngannou in boxing skills.

I think we're much more likely to see Wilder Vs AJ, which would indeed be a great fight to watch.

As for Ngannou, the PFL has already announced he will return to mma and will be fighting Renan Ferreira, although the date is not yet set:
https://www.pflmma.com/news/ngannou-to-make-pfl-mma-debut-against-winner-of-pfl-champions-vs-bellator-champions-heavyweight-superfight-between-renan-ferreira-and-ryan-bader

Wilder is overrated, a product of careful matchmaking and was pumping his wins against nobodies. Wilder needs 32 wins before fighting for the belt. Cherry picked opponents for his title defenses. Ducked Wladimir Klitschko for years hostage the belt and preventing the division to have an undisputed champion. Instead of challenging AJ for the undisputed belts he challenged and tried to exploit Fury who just came back from long years of inactivity and mental problems. AJ only need 15 and Usyk only 9 fights before having their title fights and were ready to unify the belts once they became champions.

I think Ngannou being inactive from MMA is taking a huge risk against Ferreira. We'll see if he takes Ferreira because Ngannou even if he lost badly to AJ might still receive bigger purse in boxing.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1436

View Profile
March 14, 2024, 09:47:41 AM

Yeah, Wilder still has the advantage because he is used to the sport more than Ngannou. If only Ngannou is younger, he can developed into a better fighter.

UFC superstars have better contracts now especially to demanding fighters. But still far from boxers' PPV revenue share and their purse guarantees. But maybe boxing superstars are overpaid or their purse guarantees are just too high which is why networks like HBO and Showtime left.

(...)

Wilder is overrated, a product of careful matchmaking and was pumping his wins against nobodies. Wilder needs 32 wins before fighting for the belt. Cherry picked opponents for his title defenses. Ducked Wladimir Klitschko for years hostage the belt and preventing the division to have an undisputed champion. Instead of challenging AJ for the undisputed belts he challenged and tried to exploit Fury who just came back from long years of inactivity and mental problems. AJ only need 15 and Usyk only 9 fights before having their title fights and were ready to unify the belts once they became champions.

I think Ngannou being inactive from MMA is taking a huge risk against Ferreira. We'll see if he takes Ferreira because Ngannou even if he lost badly to AJ might still receive bigger purse in boxing.

Good hit on Wilder Cheesy Its funny how people consider him being a heavyweight, when he weight less than Usyk, who had to gain to be a heavyweight Cheesy That being light on the feet helped him to be a little bit quicker than his opponents and connect overhands or throw those sweeping blows straight from Alabama. Plus his reach advantage.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
SatoPrincess

Activity: 966
Merit: 703

View Profile
March 14, 2024, 10:56:54 PM

Francis Ngannou started his boxing career from the top. It’s possible he could have been better off fighting lower division fighters and work his way to the top. That way he would have gained the experience of being a professional boxer but that would mean less money. His fight with Tyson Fury was impressive, and later proved to be undoing. Because he performed so well against Tyson Fury, he got a lot of respect and praise. Anthony Joshaua only showed him Boxing is not the same as MMA fighting.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2828
Merit: 575

View Profile
March 15, 2024, 04:19:26 AM

Francis Ngannou started his boxing career from the top. It’s possible he could have been better off fighting lower division fighters and work his way to the top. That way he would have gained the experience of being a professional boxer but that would mean less money. His fight with Tyson Fury was impressive, and later proved to be undoing. Because he performed so well against Tyson Fury, he got a lot of respect and praise. Anthony Joshaua only showed him Boxing is not the same as MMA fighting.
But he has a lot of hype going into the pro ranks and that's why he started at the top, fighting Tyson Fury and the hype continues because he almost pull an upset, knocking down Tyson Fury. So I don't think that he will start from below those fighters he has fought. The theme here is that there is money to be made by him, and I think this is one of the reasons why he severe his ties with Dana White as he was not offered good money although he can bring fans to the arena and sold out the octagon when he was the main card. He can still go back to PFL and make millions, so it's really a good decision by him to go and try to test the pro ranks and had plan B in case that didn't went well for his career.

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Hirose UK

Activity: 1260
Merit: 503

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2024, 05:31:13 AM

Francis Ngannou with UFC managed to become heavyweight champion but it all ended after several problems occurred which were related to what he wanted but Dana could not make it happen and in the end Francis Ngannou decided to stop fighting with UFC.
He entered boxing with great fight at the start of his career, namely against Fury, but Ngannou managed to fight well even though he suffered sensational defeat because many people said that Ngannou should have won.
But in this fight against Anthony Joshua he couldn't fight as well as before against Fury, humiliating knockout defeat made Ngannou feel how difficult it is to get place in boxing.
But Ngannou got it, he managed to earn huge amounts of money and this is one of the reasons Ngannou decided to get into boxing by fighting those top boxers and of course this created hype which was able to bring in huge amounts of money.

Before this fight, I felt that Ngannou would be able to get the win because seeing Ngannou previous fight, he was really great.
It just that Anthony Joshua has very strong punch and managed to knock Ngannou down in the first and second rounds, he is great in MMA or UFC but for boxing Ngannou needs lot of training.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
TopTort777
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1436

View Profile
March 15, 2024, 10:22:55 AM

I think he just need to switch completely from MMA training into boxing if he wants to stay in boxing. Or make a decision where he plans to fight in the future. It is impossible to sit on two chairs at once. For example in that fight, when AJ threw fake jabs or body shots what did Ngannou do? He has tried to swipe them secondary hand (not front, right hand, dunno how it is in proper English), leaving full body open. Plus his stance was way to wide for boxing. Of course Ngannou knows better how to box than me, but AJ with such fake shots quickly found a breach in defense and shoot straight. I am not a super expert in boxing, but that move with right arm he made to avoid punch was totally wrong. For MMA it would do, as he might grab that attacking hand, gloves allow that. But in boxing it is totally wrong to do.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
btc_angela

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

View Profile
March 15, 2024, 11:19:20 AM

I think he just need to switch completely from MMA training into boxing if he wants to stay in boxing. Or make a decision where he plans to fight in the future. It is impossible to sit on two chairs at once. For example in that fight, when AJ threw fake jabs or body shots what did Ngannou do? He has tried to swipe them secondary hand (not front, right hand, dunno how it is in proper English), leaving full body open. Plus his stance was way to wide for boxing. Of course Ngannou knows better how to box than me, but AJ with such fake shots quickly found a breach in defense and shoot straight. I am not a super expert in boxing, but that move with right arm he made to avoid punch was totally wrong. For MMA it would do, as he might grab that attacking hand, gloves allow that. But in boxing it is totally wrong to do.

It's called parrying in boxing,

A parry is the defensive technique of deflecting a punch by knocking it in a different direction. The word comes from the French, parez! - a fencing term, imperative of parer "ward off."

https://www.mrdenizates.com/blog/5-types-of-parry-in-boxing

And most likely Joshua and his team have seen this weakness of Ngannou that he will try to block it and so his face will be open for a right straight counter and that's what Joshua did in that 3x knockdown that he score.

Francis wasn't able to recognize it as maybe he is not used to it. However, he can't go full 100% on boxing right now as he has a contract with PFL so he will definitely will go back to MMF again in his next fight.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
March 15, 2024, 11:39:17 AM

A parry is the defensive technique of deflecting a punch by knocking it in a different direction. The word comes from the French, parez! - a fencing term, imperative of parer "ward off."

And most likely Joshua and his team have seen this weakness of Ngannou that he will try to block it and so his face will be open for a right straight counter and that's what Joshua did in that 3x knockdown that he score.

Francis wasn't able to recognize it as maybe he is not used to it. However, he can't go full 100% on boxing right now as he has a contract with PFL so he will definitely will go back to MMF again in his next fight.
Totally owned i should say on which even if he tries to parry it but he failed on that 1st round. He should make out some adjustments on which its been clear that AJ had already found that that weakness.
A one clean straight jab in the face would really be definitely be effective or could penetrate that Ngannous defense.  You could see that have right hand cover on the face and the left for parrying but
with those feints then you would really be able to weak or lower your guard down and this is something that AJ does have the edge over the opponent and it was effective.

It is really just that odd that Ngannou didnt really make out some adjustments from that 1st knockdown. He did the same thing on the 2nd and AJ did really made it
that hit hard even more.

Inwestour

Activity: 980
Merit: 926

View Profile
March 15, 2024, 11:44:55 AM

You are right, Joshua immediately started make body shots, apparently his team had worked well before this fight and they saw this flaw in his defense. It worked well for AJ and he also caught Ngannou with a good shot at the end of the first round. For AJ, everything turned out perfectly, in heavyweight fights you can’t miss such blows, because one shot can decide the outcome of the fight, in fact, that’s what happened in this fight, and after this shot he was never able to recover, or maybe he just didn’t knew what to do next.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
March 15, 2024, 11:55:58 AM

Totally owned i should say on which even if he tries to parry it but he failed on that 1st round. He should make out some adjustments on which its been clear that AJ had already found that that weakness.
A one clean straight jab in the face would really be definitely be effective or could penetrate that Ngannous defense.  You could see that have right hand cover on the face and the left for parrying but
with those feints then you would really be able to weak or lower your guard down and this is something that AJ does have the edge over the opponent and it was effective.

It is really just that odd that Ngannou didnt really make out some adjustments from that 1st knockdown. He did the same thing on the 2nd and AJ did really made it
that hit hard even more.

Right, but he could be really desperate already, as we can see that his facial reaction when he goes down the first time. And as Mike Tyson says ""Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth". So that's what happen to Francis here, once he get punched in the mouth goes to the canvass, plans were thrown out of the window.

So there's no adjustment, while AJ read it beautifully, make feints and Francis fall for it, hence he was able to get him go down three times and the last one was so powerful because it was a counter right, he cocked in like a gun and then blasted Ngannou.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
inthelongrun

Activity: 1736
Merit: 593

The Martian Child

View Profile
March 15, 2024, 01:28:15 PM

Good hit on Wilder Cheesy Its funny how people consider him being a heavyweight, when he weight less than Usyk, who had to gain to be a heavyweight Cheesy That being light on the feet helped him to be a little bit quicker than his opponents and connect overhands or throw those sweeping blows straight from Alabama. Plus his reach advantage.

Yeah, Usyk was able to transition his body as a heavyweight although still below the usual heavyweight weight. I do not know how Wilder's team assessed his weight. He's too skinny. But maybe his limited skills made his team decide that he continues to weight that way in order to maintain his decent speed. Wilder has nothing to offer except that he is gifted with a powerful punch.

I remember Wilder after his draw with Fury entered the rematch his heaviest in his career but was humiliated. He changed team and once again tried his heaviest weight in the third match but was again knocked out. After that Wilder dropped in weight like his old days but was taken to school by Parker. So I wonder how much he weigh in his next fight.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2024, 05:48:25 PM

Don't make me defend Wilder, I don't even like him.
What you wrote is just the nature of boxing. Pretty much every champion has faced accusations of charry picking opponents and avoiding tough fights. The same was said about Klitschko brothers, AJ or Fury. But eventually Wilder did face Fury, who defeated Klitschko and gave a decent fight (the first time around), to be demolished later on. I think he was pretty decent before those losses to Fury, but seems to have fragile mentality.

I would imagine that since the PFL has already announced that Ngannou will be fighting the winner of Ferreira Vs Bader, they must have had at least some sort of pre-agreement if not actual contract already signed, but we'll see.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 645

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
March 15, 2024, 06:23:28 PM

I remember Wilder after his draw with Fury entered the rematch his heaviest in his career but was humiliated. He changed team and once again tried his heaviest weight in the third match but was again knocked out. After that Wilder dropped in weight like his old days but was taken to school by Parker. So I wonder how much he weigh in his next fight.

He was the favorite during the first and 2nd fight between Fury, but in the 3rd, Fury ended and proved that he had won all 3 fights. Wilder was a 100% KO artist before he fough Fury, but he just found his kryptonite as he could not KO Fury, the guy got knock down, got up and continue like nothing happen/ I think that's really how strong Fury is, he might not be a KO artist but anyone who would fight him would struggle to beat him especially if they are thinking of pull up an impressive win.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2024, 06:56:02 PM

He was the favorite during the first and 2nd fight between Fury, but in the 3rd, Fury ended and proved that he had won all 3 fights. Wilder was a 100% KO artist before he fough Fury, but he just found his kryptonite as he could not KO Fury, the guy got knock down, got up and continue like nothing happen/ I think that's really how strong Fury is, he might not be a KO artist but anyone who would fight him would struggle to beat him especially if they are thinking of pull up an impressive win.

That is the real strength of Fury; he can deliver big punches that can knock someone out with 1 hi but he can also take the big punches (like from Wilder). To be honest, I didn't expect Fury to recover from all the hits he took in the first fight, but somehow he survived and still won 2 of the 3 fights and drawed the other one.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1352

View Profile
March 15, 2024, 10:32:29 PM

That is the real strength of Fury; he can deliver big punches that can knock someone out with 1 hi but he can also take the big punches (like from Wilder). To be honest, I didn't expect Fury to recover from all the hits he took in the first fight, but somehow he survived and still won 2 of the 3 fights and drawed the other one.

And that is the big difference between AJ and Fury, Fury has so much recuperation power, I agree with you that no boxer can comeback from that devastating big punch from Wilder and yet we see Fury on the canvass, open his eyes and get up. And this can't be teach by any boxing trainer it's either you have it or don't. And Fury also proved that against Ngannou.

Anyhow, I think the OP should lock this thread for good already.

I think we've given our thoughts on this fight, and most likely after this lost, Ngannou will go back to PFL and fight again and then see if he will go back to boxing in the future.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Balmain

Activity: 2086
Merit: 682

View Profile
March 15, 2024, 11:04:51 PM

Since Ngannou has been doing MMA fights for years, his muscle memory is actually registered for him. No matter how much boxing training he does, I think it will be revealed that they have memorized MMA because boxing is in this match. In my opinion, Ngannou can stay in boxing, this comes to my mind. He is currently 0-2, but who will he fight next? He has fought the best fighters he can fight, such as Tyson Fury, AJ. The names they will fight with from now on will not attract much attention and this means that the match will not sell. He and the people in his team know best where his career will go. AJ's comeback was extraordinary, his response to all the criticism was his strikes and knockout. In the Tyson Fury-Ngannou match, Tyson Fury was criticized a lot, but I don't even think Fury took that match seriously and prepared for it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: