Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:52:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Road to 100k?  (Read 2638 times)
Sexylizzy2813

Activity: 560
Merit: 418

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 03:21:22 AM

Honestly I thought by now we would be having Bitcoin price at $100k before the halving period but it seems to be on a slow mo and no rush, investors are currently looking for the right time to smile to the bank but waiting till it gets to $100k is still a win win and a better profit.
No time is too late to start investing even though the price is taking it's time to go back to $70k, those holding can still hold because Bitcoin price is heading to a positive way that would some how hit $80k before the end of this month but can the high transaction fee be an obstacle to withdraw when Bitcoin price is right on track like to a $100k+? Because I see it as a means of slowing down business if it continues.
If you holding I see no reason why you would want to withdraw and be affected by the fee.
I will only consider if you planning to move from your CEX to a secured wallet for further keeping.
$100K shouldn't be the goal is too small
With 40% increase Bitcoin would cross it.

TBH Bitcoin beating it's all time high before the halving was outside my expectations,so am surprised people believed it would hit $100K before the halving.
Don't forget that it rose from around $15800 to $73K that's almost 500% and quite impressive in my book.

I haven't mentioned if I'm holding or not don't get me wrong on that, was only saying base on how the fee is getting higher by the day. I believe some have the intention of holding not for long and they easily get pissed and think of withdrawing, that's when things ain't working as planned. It can happen because of financial issues who knows why?
Bitcoin price was getting close to hitting $100k before the halving with Bitcoin price raising and giving much hope of getting to $100k not until we had a pause at $73k, fair enough though. I'd say since the market price went from $15k to $73k it has been a very impressive movement and I'll say the way it was elevating made many forget about some corrections too, if not I don't think we would be having that imagination of it getting to $100k before the halving. $100k can have before the year runs out but not in this month or next.

Everyone has the right to withdraw their bitcoin investment when ever they choose to but there are definitely ways to ensure that things go as planned and that is investing the right way, you can't expect someone who is gambling rather than investing not to have issues with his investment so early and think of withdrawing and that is because he is investing more than he should be able to maybe because he is thinking of taking profit from the bull run and when things start to go otherwise he wants to pull off and run, but that's not the way to invest, an investor should be considering his financial situation when investing and investing what he can afford to lose in case it doesn't go well cause its also a risk, then we can talk about keeping emergency funds as our insurance that we don't sell too soon or even touch our holdings die to any emergency that may occur and if we love to take advantage of other market opportunities like dips we can also start building or reserves for such reasons.

IMO if an investor follows and plans well he won't be in the category of those selling due to his plan failing cause its not rocket science, its just doing what is right.

At least someone agree with me that everyone has the right to withdraw whenever he pleases be you long or short time investor or should I say holder, hope Mr double JG is getting it and in investment you don't expect to always be on the winning side, there must be a time you lose, some who invest like those starters forget to keep funds for emergency like you said, they feel things will always work out as plan.
In as much as you feel you have the best investment strategy never forget that it will some how fall off the plan, the more you lose the wiser you become.
We invest to get more but it doesn't mean you should hold till we get to the last amount of Bitcoin price which is not happening and you go hungry or something, no it won't give you the medal of "best holder", since is yours you have to withdraw if you're down with fund to sort out some emergency.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 05:03:57 AM

[edited out]
At least someone agree with me that everyone has the right to withdraw whenever he pleases be you long or short time investor or should I say holder, hope Mr double JG is getting it and in investment you don't expect to always be on the winning side, there must be a time you lose, some who invest like those starters forget to keep funds for emergency like you said, they feel things will always work out as plan.
In as much as you feel you have the best investment strategy never forget that it will some how fall off the plan, the more you lose the wiser you become.
We invest to get more but it doesn't mean you should hold till we get to the last amount of Bitcoin price which is not happening and you go hungry or something, no it won't give you the medal of "best holder", since is yours you have to withdraw if you're down with fund to sort out some emergency.

Each person should be tailoring his investment to his situation, and surely there should be less ability to aggressively invest into bitcoin if you are brand new to investing and brand new to bitcoin, and so if you don't have your shit together, including having some consideration of the 9 individual factors.

And, surely I m not even suggesting that someone needs to know all his/her 9 fatoprs prior to getting started, since one of the most important things in bitcoin is to get started, yet merely because you should get started, does not mean that you should go all in, yet a newbie can consider creating a target of anything like 5% to 25% of his income to go into bitcoin, but yeah, that won't work too well if he had not figured out his discretionary income (in order to not go beyond it) and to perhaps create an emergency fund that is 3-6 month of income/expenses, but I am not even saying that the newbie guy has to create an emergency fund prior to getting into bitcoin, but if he does not have one, then he may want to pace both his entrance into bitcoin and his establishing of his emergency fund, which could cause some delays in terms of getting any kind of decently sized starting bitcoin allocation... but yeah, everyone is responsible for himself, including if he fucks up, he overinvests, and he has to sell at some time that was not in his initial plans, but there still might be ways to recover his situation, even if part of the solution might be to regroup and to sell a bit of BTC, and hopefully at least the portion that is sold is profitable (minimally) even if it might not have been a good idea to sell it,  there are sometimes needs to regroup and reasses and maybe some of that can be done slowly over time (which tends to be my favorite way of doing things), and other times, there may be needs for more extensive and quick measures in order to get things back to a more balanced state of being.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Sexylizzy2813

Activity: 560
Merit: 418

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 08:47:58 AM

Each person should be tailoring his investment to his situation, and surely there should be less ability to aggressively invest into bitcoin if you are brand new to investing and brand new to bitcoin, and so if you don't have your shit together, including having some consideration of the 9 individual factors.

That's what we do talk about on the Forum on how newbies rush into Bitcoin just because they have a little knowledge of it and they forget that they still need to learn more about Bitcoin, no plan no strategy and they engage in it because they see others benefiting from it, they feel is easy and they too can gain more than they invest, things don't work out that way in the crypto space, seeking for mentorship and advise helps a lot.

And, surely I m not even suggesting that someone needs to know all his/her 9 fatoprs prior to getting started, since one of the most important things in bitcoin is to get started, yet merely because you should get started, does not mean that you should go all in, yet a newbie can consider creating a target of anything like 5% to 25% of his income to go into bitcoin, but yeah, that won't work too well if he had not figured out his discretionary income (in order to not go beyond it) and to perhaps create an emergency fund that is 3-6 month of income/expenses, but I am not even saying that the newbie guy has to create an emergency fund prior to getting into bitcoin, but if he does not have one, then he may want to pace both his entrance into bitcoin and his establishing of his emergency fund, which could cause some delays in terms of getting any kind of decently sized starting bitcoin allocation... but yeah, everyone is responsible for himself, including if he fucks up, he overinvests, and he has to sell at some time that was not in his initial plans, but there still might be ways to recover his situation, even if part of the solution might be to regroup and to sell a bit of BTC, and hopefully at least the portion that is sold is profitable (minimally) even if it might not have been a good idea to sell it,  there are sometimes needs to regroup and reasses and maybe some of that can be done slowly over time (which tends to be my favorite way of doing things), and other times, there may be needs for more extensive and quick measures in order to get things back to a more balanced state of being.

When someone is desperate and greedy at the same time make him or her not to think about the emergency fund, you might not agree about the emergency fund but I think it has a better and positive role to play in investment concerning the newbies.
Some use all their funds to start up and hoping to get something in return like a larger amount just to feel among, 75% of this crazy investment do not work for some but it does for some. When people sell BTC these are the cause, I'm saying this because they seem to forget that having a plan B is important in every investment.
And since they can't predict the next move of Bitcoin price it put them in a confused state and some can decide to withdraw something less than the start up amount let it be that they get something to hold on to, no need to blame those withdrawing because they don't have much patience.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Dailyscript

Activity: 168
Merit: 109

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 09:43:48 AM

You are absolutely right here Jay~! There should be a good reason to sell if an investor choses to sell. I noticed that some newbie that want to go into bitcoin investment rush into it because of the hype, peer pressure or anxiety which made them jump into it without adhering to the necessary process/steps that every newbie should know before starting an investment. However i do not blame them because they are triggered by their emotions to start, but such person could have a second chance. That is where selling off their little investment comes in, its not just about selling it but the reason for selling should be that they have an ideal business plan or something that could give them money to maintain balance when they start their bitcoin investment again.

Additionally i came to their realization after the little years i have heard experience on accumulating Bitcoin, to achieve a goal is quite not easy as it seems. Bitcoin is one asset that can has a tricky entering and exit strategy, if there are no solid foundation one could possible end up destroying what he has build by collapsing his investment. This is why in as much we investing in Bitcoin there is a level of investment discipline we maintain so that we wont tap into our bitcoin from time to time.

Marvelockg

Merit: 108

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 10:35:29 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Honestly I thought by now we would be having Bitcoin price at $100k before the halving period but it seems to be on a slow mo and no rush, investors are currently looking for the right time to smile to the bank but waiting till it gets to $100k is still a win win and a better profit.
No time is too late to start investing even though the price is taking it's time to go back to $70k, those holding can still hold because Bitcoin price is heading to a positive way that would some how hit $80k before the end of this month but can the high transaction fee be an obstacle to withdraw when Bitcoin price is right on track like to a $100k+? Because I see it as a means of slowing down business if it continues.
If you holding I see no reason why you would want to withdraw and be affected by the fee.
I will only consider if you planning to move from your CEX to a secured wallet for further keeping.
$100K shouldn't be the goal is too small
With 40% increase Bitcoin would cross it.

TBH Bitcoin beating it's all time high before the halving was outside my expectations,so am surprised people believed it would hit $100K before the halving.
Don't forget that it rose from around $15800 to $73K that's almost 500% and quite impressive in my book.

I haven't mentioned if I'm holding or not don't get me wrong on that, was only saying base on how the fee is getting higher by the day. I believe some have the intention of holding not for long and they easily get pissed and think of withdrawing, that's when things ain't working as planned. It can happen because of financial issues who knows why?
Bitcoin price was getting close to hitting $100k before the halving with Bitcoin price raising and giving much hope of getting to $100k not until we had a pause at $73k, fair enough though. I'd say since the market price went from $15k to $73k it has been a very impressive movement and I'll say the way it was elevating made many forget about some corrections too, if not I don't think we would be having that imagination of it getting to $100k before the halving. $100k can have before the year runs out but not in this month or next.

Everyone has the right to withdraw their bitcoin investment when ever they choose to but there are definitely ways to ensure that things go as planned and that is investing the right way, you can't expect someone who is gambling rather than investing not to have issues with his investment so early and think of withdrawing and that is because he is investing more than he should be able to maybe because he is thinking of taking profit from the bull run and when things start to go otherwise he wants to pull off and run, but that's not the way to invest, an investor should be considering his financial situation when investing and investing what he can afford to lose in case it doesn't go well cause its also a risk, then we can talk about keeping emergency funds as our insurance that we don't sell too soon or even touch our holdings die to any emergency that may occur and if we love to take advantage of other market opportunities like dips we can also start building or reserves for such reasons.

IMO if an investor follows and plans well he won't be in the category of those selling due to his plan failing cause its not rocket science, its just doing what is right.

the only reason why you might even think that investing into Bitcoin could put you on a winning or loosing side is if you're too eager about taking your profit along certain time while you ought to be accumilating. From Bitcoin past trajectory, there is no indication to support your claim that you've got to invest with the mindset that you can iether be in profit or in loss and if a newbie gets such kind of mentality that investing into Bitcoin is a win or loss kind of scenario, it will only serve as major distraction that will possibly cause him to sell at any slight profit margin he finds himself since it's normal that people generally don't want to be in loss. And to be honest, no one is ever suggesting that you have to HODL for so long till Bitcoin gets to it climax before thinking about taking your profit and the decision to even take your profit at whatever time you dim fit to doing so is just yours and yours alone to take but that doesn't change the fact that DCAing for a longer time frame is your surest way to get a good quantity of Bitcoin and that how profitable you're in your bitcoin investment is directly proportional to the quantity of your stacked Bitcoin and I guess that's the angle where HODling for longer period of time comes into play.

That's what we do talk about on the Forum on how newbies rush into Bitcoin just because they have a little knowledge of it and they forget that they still need to learn more about Bitcoin, no plan no strategy and they engage in it because they see others benefiting from it, they feel is easy and they too can gain more than they invest, things don't work out that way in the crypto space, seeking for mentorship and advise helps a lot.
well, at some point we have to be realistic enough to know that some of us started buying the little holding we have at the moment when our knowledge of Bitcoin is still minimal and along the line we've come to learn so many things that we never felt was necessary at the outset and there had never been any form of regret at this moment that we're facing because we invested into Bitcoin before knowing so much about it. Is there even so much to know about Bitcoin investments before even starting? The basics I had known about most general investments option is always to start small and ensure that my investment is secured and that was the perfect way I started with. As long as a new investor knows how to buy Bitcoin and also knows how to secure his holding such that intruder's wouldn't steal it from him, the rest information as regarding making plans for emergency funds and even being more disciplined with our DCA normally comes while you continue stacking your Bitcoin. Sure, there might be instances where some persons might have gone all in and might have possibly invested above a percentage of there earnings that's flexible enough to have allowed them HODL for longer without being bothered about it but I have always believe that it's more important to start small and learn along the way rather than trying to figure everything out and end up being discouraged because the truth is that if you don't start buying you wouldn't know shit about what it takes to HODL for long at all.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
cxtreenal

Activity: 78
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 10:42:39 AM

You are right JJG's mentioned 9 guidelines here is a perfect investment system for beginners. Newbies may have slightly different investment strategy as they are new - in this case guidelines are quite helpful for them.

This is where storing bitcoins with income and an emergency fund is very important - because if one does not have enough income diversification, storing BTC is far away. So having a spare fund of at least 30% after balancing the expenses with the income is a helpful situation to enter the bitcoin market. Here he can be advised 10% for emergency fund and remaining 20% for bitcoin savings. Risk tolerance for emergency funds mentioned here in point 6 is important to consider before entering this market. Although the emergency fund level can be increased by individuals, newbies are free to deposit bitcoins as they can decide to invest any amount. But increasing the level of bitcoin deposits and continuing for a long time can provide a perfect level for beginners.
Ambatman

Activity: 308
Merit: 143

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2024, 12:04:13 PM

Some use all their funds to start up and hoping to get something in return like a larger amount just to feel among, 75% of this crazy investment do not work for some but it does for some. When people sell BTC these are the cause, I'm saying this because they seem to forget that having a plan B is important in every investment.
And since they can't predict the next move of Bitcoin price it put them in a confused state and some can decide to withdraw something less than the start up amount let it be that they get something to hold on to, no need to blame those withdrawing because they don't have much patience.
This is why it is adviced to invest funds that you willing to loss to prevent emotional battles with market trend
DCA should be done. With spare money not full capital or money for emergency.
You can reduce your everyday expenses and set outside some for investment and another for emergency savings.
The amount a person uses for DCA varies based on their situations
Imo, going "all in" when investing in Bitcoin is not advisable doing such can cause mental breakdown and lead to selling in loss when there's need to use some of the funds or Bitcoin bears has finally gotten to the persons head.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 05:25:10 PM
Merited by Taskford (1)

Yes.  Newbies make all kinds of mistakes, and there is ONLY so much handholding that anyone can do.

If I say get started as soon as possible, I am not saying put everything you have into BTC, so that would  be dumb, and maybe for some people, getting started right away will be working on buying $10 worth of BTC, and they are still going to have to figure out their own level of disposable/discretionary income in order to know their budget, so I am not personally talking about getting in and out, I am referring to an investment into BTC that is 4-10 years or longer, which should mean that they are both using money that they are not going to needs, and they also realize that the investment could end up going down rather than up, including going to zero, so there is a need to both invest accordingly, but to study bitcoin and your own personal circumstances, even if there is a suggestion to get started right away.  Anyone who invests too much, tries to trade or gamble or does not figure out his/her own budget and psychological situation will end up suffering the repercussions of that if such negativity outcomes end up playing out.

Forums like this provide opportunties to brainstorm and interact, but each person still has to figure out his own situation, make his plan and apply his strategy in accordance with his own circumstances.

When someone is desperate and greedy at the same time make him or her not to think about the emergency fund, you might not agree about the emergency fund but I think it has a better and positive role to play in investment concerning the newbies.

Yes.. a lot of people are irresponsible with their finances and with their emotions, so it can sometimes take a while to figure out some good balance that involves investing rather than gambling.  If someone has an income of $1.5k to $3.5k per month, and $1.8k worth of expenses (and perhaps mostly an income of $2.5k) , he already should know how to maintain a budget so that he is able to pay his expenses even during months in which the income is lower than the expenses.   He also might realize that he usually has $700 per month of discretionary income, but he has to figure out ways to make sure that he has various cash cushions, so maybe he might start out by investing $350 per month into BTC rather than $700 per month.. So he has to figure out the details of how to manage his cash including some of the inconsistencies of income and perhaps some inconsistencies in terms of expenses too...

So yeah, if he has no financial cushion of emergency fund, reserve funds and/or float, then he should put those systems in place, and if he does not do it and gets all excited about bitcoin, then he is likely going to suffer the consequences of not building and/or maintaining financial cushions.. which can be learned in the event that common sense does not exist for such a person..  which I presume an overwhelming majority of folks are able to learn skills of personal financial management, even if a lot of folks might exercise bad practices and are somewhat unable/unwilling to moderate their financial management (and emotions).

Some use all their funds to start up and hoping to get something in return like a larger amount just to feel among, 75% of this crazy investment do not work for some but it does for some.

That is their problem is they are engaging in gambling practices rather than investing practices.  Who is going to hold their hands? 

When people sell BTC these are the cause, I'm saying this because they seem to forget that having a plan B is important in every investment.

Investors with good practices have abilities to profit from those folks who develop and employ bad practices.  I see no reason to pander to the folks with bad practices, and they can have fun getting reckt over and over.. If we aspire to good plans and good practices, then some folks will learn from those, and there is ONLY so much that we can do to help or to feel sorry for folks who have inabilities to control their emotions, to make plans and to follow through with solid plans and practices.

I already gave an example, and someone like the one I described above with around a $700 per month discretionary income, who might be very skeptical of bitcoin might decide to ONLY invest $10 or $20 per week into bitcoin, and others might decide $100 and the one that is overly aggressive might decide to invest close to $200 per week into bitcoin, and it is only feasible and or reasonable to become more aggressive with their income after they make sure that they have good and solid personal financial management systems into place, but if they do not have good and solid systems (including their emotions), then why should we be overly sympathetic to them?  They need to get their shit together and exercise personal responsibility in terms of managing their finances and their emotions and if they have never learned those kinds of things, those kinds of things are within the realm of self-teaching and there should be a lot of common sense elements to them, even though there may be some needs to put good practices into place and practice the good practices over and over in order to learn how to discipline ones own self in his/her finances and emotions..

I am going to blame them, and I am going to call them dumb and I am going to call them gamblers... who may well have had overly invested and failed/refused to put their own financial/emotional management systems in place.  I see no reason to defend such persons or to suggest that any of us need to aspire to being sympathetic to such poor people who are engaged in processes of failing/refusing to establish an appropriate position size (perhaps through DCA), gambling and self-sabotage rather than building of themselves and/or their finances.

By the way, some folks might be investing into bitcoin with funds that they believe are discretionary income, yet it is not.. so they are investing with money they need or they believe they need for expenses (or wants), so if they don't have discretionary income that they are able to set aside for 4-10 years or longer and even be prepared that whatever they invested into bitcoin could go to zero, then they probably should not be investing into bitcoin.. or at least they cannot call themselves investors, rather than either traders or gamblers (yes, trying to play a less than 4 year wave in bitcoin is trading and gambling rather than investing), and maybe if someone gets through a whole 4 year cycle, then maybe at that point they might have had started to accumulate enough BTC in order to switch away from BTC accumulation and perhaps into some other kind of a strategy, that still might include BTC accumulation but might have a bit more flexibility, versus perhaps the first 4 years may well be best to ONLY focusing on buying BTC and forget about selling BTC, which means choosing a position size that is within their discretionary income and not money they need in the short term, and perhaps money that they never need. .even though surely we all invest because we believe it is a good place to put our money and to increase our options in the future, but no investment is guaranteed, including bitcoin, even though bitcoin is likely amongst the best (if not the best) investment available to normies around the world.. but the normies still need to temper their behavior to an appropriate position size and reasonable/prudent approach that fits their own circumstances... and perception of BTC prices is only one of the 9 factors that I already mentioned (cited/linked in the first paragraph above).

[edited out]
Bitcoin is one asset that can has a tricky entering and exit strategy, if there are no solid foundation one could possible end up destroying what he has build by collapsing his investment.

Even though it is good to have abilities to get out of BTC, so that you maintain ways to get in and to get out, but at the same time, there may well need to be an creation of a BTC exit strategy from the start, especially if the investment timeline is 4-10 years or longer, there could be ways to figure out various exit (or withdrawal) strategies after having had been in the investment for 4-10 years or longer.. and surely some young folks may well take 4-10 years or longer just to build a position, and they might not even have enough BTC after 10 years, so they still may figure out that they are in the building stages 10 years  from now.

This is why in as much we investing in Bitcoin there is a level of investment discipline we maintain so that we wont tap into our bitcoin from time to time.

People can figure out ways to tap into their BTC - especially after they have spent time building their position, but there are needs to be careful about ways in which a person taps into their investment, especially if they are still building it, yet each person has to figure out their own balancing in regards to when they might be in a position to start tapping into their BTC rather than continuing to build it.

You are right JJG's mentioned 9 guidelines here is a perfect investment system for beginners. Newbies may have slightly different investment strategy as they are new - in this case guidelines are quite helpful for them.

This is where storing bitcoins with income and an emergency fund is very important - because if one does not have enough income diversification, storing BTC is far away. So having a spare fund of at least 30% after balancing the expenses with the income is a helpful situation to enter the bitcoin market. Here he can be advised 10% for emergency fund and remaining 20% for bitcoin savings. Risk tolerance for emergency funds mentioned here in point 6 is important to consider before entering this market. Although the emergency fund level can be increased by individuals, newbies are free to deposit bitcoins as they can decide to invest any amount. But increasing the level of bitcoin deposits and continuing for a long time can provide a perfect level for beginners.

Your emergency fund is something you build up and would be 3-6 months of your expenses/income and it is not a continued expense that you have.. even though while you are building it, then it might be  certain percentage of your income until you get up to an amount that you have contained in such fund.

I am not sure where you are getting your numbers, but many folks have a hard time even putting away 10% of their income for savings and/or investing, so that can be why it could take so long, even 10 years to build up a whole years worth of savings/investing.
'
The more that you are able to save/invest, then the faster that you can build up your investment portfolio, but people frequently are not in positions to save/invest such large amounts, so they have to make sure that they have their discretionary income in order prior to even being able to invest anything... discretionary income is the difference between income and expenses, so it is money that you do not need.. There are some rare folks who are able to save/invest higher than 25% of their monthly income.. but that is not too common.. but it is possible if you can get high income and lower your expenses.  those are not typical, so it is better to attempt to describe situations that are more realistic... even though sometimes folks could either increase their income or descrease their expenses in order to have more money for savings/investing.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 06:47:09 PM

This is why it is adviced to invest funds that you willing to loss to prevent emotional battles with market trend
You can reduce your everyday expenses and set outside some for investment and another for emergency savings.
Imo, going "all in" when investing in Bitcoin is not advisable doing such can cause mental breakdown and lead to selling in loss when there's need to use some of the funds or Bitcoin bears has finally gotten to the persons head.
One of the main challenges when it comes on investing to crypto on which it isnt really just that limited to Bitcoin but also in other coins as well is that you would really be needing to have that good control when it comes into your emotion on which this one would really be primarily the one will really be stirring up your earlier plans or analysis and would really be off rail on which this would really be a common approach.
We do knwo that this market would really be a roller coaster ride on which it would really be just that something that will also playing up with your emotions.

DCA is something that would really be recommended but of course it would really be basing up into ones capacity since not all would really be that good when it comes to this on where there would really be
those traders/investors who would really be that afraid on doing so because of such manner. $100k is inevitable but we dont really know on when it would happen and this is where
people would really be always throwing out on those numbers that we dont even know if its realistic or not for a short period of time.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Smilevictorobinna

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 08:28:10 PM

[edited out]

You are right, is wise as a newbie to first of all  know what you are going into very well before investing and when investing as a newbie start with a small percent.
When investing on Bitcoin know that it is a long time investment, so invest what you know you can let go for a long period of time, that is why it is advisable as a newbie to start small in other for you to know how Bitcoin investment works.

STT
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1413

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2024, 09:05:47 PM

Daily highs for the last few days are both 50 day average and very near to touching the monthly average also regularly.   Could that both in the same place is enough, the lows have now fallen back to a weekly average so BTC remains positive more or less but remains obstructed in any path upwards.

This is he 4th repeat of this sequence in this area of price upwards,  we are just now about to complete a 4th repeat of the sequence downwards from 68k roughly down to 63k.   Even we beat either border we soon clip back onto this range like its the road and we hit the kerb.

No clear road forward yet so we can delay the speculation on targets far over the horizon.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Marvelockg

Merit: 108

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 09:10:51 PM

One of the main challenges when it comes on investing to crypto on which it isnt really just that limited to Bitcoin but also in other coins as well is that you would really be needing to have that good control when it comes into your emotion on which this one would really be primarily the one will really be stirring up your earlier plans or analysis and would really be off rail on which this would really be a common approach.
We do knwo that this market would really be a roller coaster ride on which it would really be just that something that will also playing up with your emotions.
when you begin to give Bitcoin the same kind of narrative that you give to other supposed crypto's out there, you might end up getting things all mixed up and end up having a totally biased narrative about the whole essence of stacking Bitcoin. To be honest, I don't subscribe to the thought process that you should invest into Bitcoin with an amount you're willing to lose and just by looking at that statement from @Ambatman, it makes it look like investing in Bitcoin is same as doing ponzi scheme or gambling with your investment. @Ambatman saying that you should invest with an amount you're willing to loose is iether coming from a trading perspective or possibly from someone that's possibly looking into altcoin or meme coins for quick profit and looking at how volatile those kind of stuff are, it makes sense if you invest into them as though you're gambling with your money and if that's th case, then I totally agree with him that one shouldn't invest into them with an amount one is not willing to loose but considering the fact that we are focused about investing into Bitcoin, then such narrative and those kind of mentality that tend to suggest that you should only invest an amount you are willing to loose isn't correct and if you have that kind of mindset, it will be deficult to build up a good portfolio since you will always try to play safe.

DCA is something that would really be recommended but of course it would really be basing up into ones capacity since not all would really be that good when it comes to this on where there would really be
those traders/investors who would really be that afraid on doing so because of such manner. $100k is inevitable but we dont really know on when it would happen and this is where
people would really be always throwing out on those numbers that we dont even know if its realistic or not for a short period of time.
maybe we should sometimes also look at Bitcoin from it original point of view of helping international transactions and giving holders the freedom that fiat couldn't offer and yeah, i know most of us here are investing for the sake of the returns we hope to get out of it but Bitcoin getting to $100k doesn't just translet to those kind of profit by default and the moment you're investing hugely because you've probably hard that after the halving that Bitcoin will shoot up high above $100k and you want to invest all your funds into it and within few days you expect such kind of scinario to magically play out so you can take out your profit, it makes you an unwise investor and if care is not taken, you might end up putting yourself in a situation where you are left with no option of selling your holding at an undure time.

$100k is a very realistic point for Bitcoin to get to within the year but you've got to ask yourself this question, what happens to my holding if Bitcoin hits $100k today? Does it directly mean I should sell out my holding at that spot? maybe if you're truthful to yourself you should have known that even if Bitcoin hits $120k tomorrow morning, if the quantity you currently have isn't much, it will be damn unwise to take out shit from your portfolio because of such event. And so outside of the fact that Bitcoin breaking new ATH serves as an encouragement that the future is bright for Bitcoin holders, every price that's bearish should necessarily be a perfect opportunity to keep stacking.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Troytech

Activity: 154
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 11:20:18 PM

I don't really believe there is much to know before getting started to buy bitcoin, all a newbie has to know is how to buy at first and them the next to hold, if there is any knowledge I consider compulsory is knowing how to manage his finances and know what he need to allocate to bitcoin without choking out himself and eventually selling off so early when he can't keep up any longer, and another thing is to have an emergency funds in place.

Yeah I can understand that a lot of persons actually get into bitcoin thinking it's a money making machine and tend to engage into short term investment and all that, and some even tend to get frustrated when holding in the bear market and might also sell of their bitcoin due to fear or panic, but what is most important for anyone to learn how to buy bitcoin and hold it.

Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 11:32:53 PM

I don't really believe there is much to know before getting started to buy bitcoin, all a newbie has to know is how to buy at first and them the next to hold, if there is any knowledge I consider compulsory is knowing how to manage his finances and know what he need to allocate to bitcoin without choking out himself and eventually selling off so early when he can't keep up any longer, and another thing is to have an emergency funds in place.

You still need to understand how it works though, being a investment platform, anyone entering the market should learn how to make money out of the market. It's not just you will buy it and then what? Although it's very easy as it's just the basic buy and hold and sell when we are on top. But others, might not have that idea in the beginning and  thinks that Bitcoin is a get rich quick scheme.

Yeah I can understand that a lot of persons actually get into bitcoin thinking it's a money making machine and tend to engage into short term investment and all that, and some even tend to get frustrated when holding in the bear market and might also sell of their bitcoin due to fear or panic, but what is most important for anyone to learn how to buy bitcoin and hold it.

That's what I'm saying, their could be newbies who think it's a magic internet money, that you will make a lot effortlessly. And probably this is also the reason why some newbies quit early because it fails their expectations.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Tmoonz

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 11:38:25 PM

[edited out]

You are right, is wise as a newbie to first of all  know what you are going into very well before investing and when investing as a newbie start with a small percent.
When investing on Bitcoin know that it is a long time investment, so invest what you know you can let go for a long period of time, that is why it is advisable as a newbie to start small in other for you to know how Bitcoin investment works.

There is no way you can know Bitcoin Very well without getting started, yeah a basic knowledge is a lead way in to your accumulation journey why you learn more on your way up. At first as a newbie there must be a self conviction of considering if Bitcoin is a coin worth investing and where after factors such as the following will be considered

1. Source of income

2. method of buying (dca or lump sum, although it is always advisable for newbies not to go all at once especially those with a lower risk tolerance level or care much about volatility.

3. risk tolerance level

4. Investment goals and objectives

5. Your storage.

FinePoine0

Activity: 392
Merit: 122

View Profile
April 24, 2024, 11:50:13 PM

Bitcoin price is going to hit 100k very soon, because Bitcoin price will be very fast when the last time of Bitcoin price halving is held. And the 2020 halving history was just like that, and I learned more from the halving history that each halving saw the highest sales price increase the year after. So looking at past halvings and where we're at now, that's exactly where the price of Bitcoin is going to top out.

Kliss

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 25, 2024, 08:41:28 AM

It's not just about Bitcoin reaching a certain price like $100k or more. The key is to accumulate a good amount of bitcoin regardless of the price. If you have a small amount of bitcoin it won't make much of difference especially when it comes to fees. It's worth noting that the longer you practice using good strategy (DCA) in accumulate bitcoin the Greater the potential for a larger quantity of bitcoin. The more bitcoin you have the more potential for profits. So HODLing for a longer period of time can play a role in maximizing the profitability of your Bitcoin investment. So instead of just wishing of Bitcoin to skyrocket, its important to focus on buying as much bitcoin as possible at different times. You can use DCA method or take advantage of the dips in the market, it's all about stacking up a good quantity of bitcoin that can potentially put you in a position where you have enough to take profits and handle whatever you need to.

For those still in accumulating phase it's important not to be eager for bitcoin to skyrocket to the moon. Because if that happens, you might end up buying less bitcoin with a bigger amount of money and take away the mindset of seeking immediate profits it can lead to selling at small profit margin. So take your time keep accumulating and focus on building a solid Bitcoin portfolio that aligns with your goals.
teamsherry

Merit: 46

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 25, 2024, 09:12:46 AM

You still need to understand how it works though, being a investment platform, anyone entering the market should learn how to make money out of the market. It's not just you will buy it and then what? Although it's very easy as it's just the basic buy and hold and sell when we are on top. But others, might not have that idea in the beginning and  thinks that Bitcoin is a get rich quick scheme.

That's what I'm saying, their could be newbies who think it's a magic internet money, that you will make a lot effortlessly. And probably this is also the reason why some newbies quit early because it fails their expectations.

Before anyone would consider buying bitcoin I think there is a level of interest they should have and knowledge have already acquired and its not as if for someone to be successful in investing in bitcoin there is a rocket science kind if information he/she needs to have about it.

What do I need to know if I want invest in bitcoin,

1. How much can I invest without putting a stress on my finances: this is what I consider the most basic cause you have a balance in what you are doing, this money must be yoir disposable income and money you won't be needing during your investment time. So you don't end up putting yourself in a state of panic and have to sell some bitcoin so early than you planned to.

2. What buying method would be okay with me, considering how my income comes. DCA would be recommended for newbies since its the easiest to understand and dose involve any technical knowledge, just buying.

3. Building an emergency funds if you don't already have one.

And this are basic knowledge that doesn't require much to learn, it's just personal management skill and that's all. Although it still does guarantee that anyone would be successful as a holder cause you must still have to build yourself not to sell so easily due to news or due to bear market.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2024, 09:49:15 AM

Maybe at least they need to know on how to deal with their bitcoins bought also they should know the risk about how these scammers would try to attract them just to steal there money and also on how they can react or create their own game plans on what to do if there's certain manipulation happen that can affect the price of bitcoin to drop so those people who have holdings will not be scared on anything negative they see on short while.

Once they learn what needed to consider then for sure that everything they want to do with their bitcoins will go smooth and they can hold it without worrying that there's some possibilities to lose in value since they know that there's still a lot of great events will happen in future which it can help them generate more profits. Some maybe participate because they think they can easily earn money from bitcoin in short time period but once they know that there's more huge risk for dealing with it for short term for sure they would know that its better for bitcoin to invest with it for long term. $100k in price is quiet not possible to predict if someone thinking about that to happen anytime soon. But for sure there's huge chance that it will happen in next  4 maybe in 8 or on 10 years of its existence.

I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 157

View Profile
April 25, 2024, 01:13:35 PM

Bitcoin price is going to hit 100k very soon, because Bitcoin price will be very fast when the last time of Bitcoin price halving is held. And the 2020 halving history was just like that, and I learned more from the halving history that each halving saw the highest sales price increase the year after. So looking at past halvings and where we're at now, that's exactly where the price of Bitcoin is going to top out.

But still have this feeling that the peak Bitcoin Is aiming for durng this bull run won't be around the range of $100k but beyond, and I believe alot of individual are already thinking that this bull run will be one of the shortest bull run, but deep I down I still believe that the main effect may take place a year after the halving which is 2025 . The first target is bitcoin hitting the range $80k , and after bitcoin surpassed the price range of $80k it's next stop would be $100k , But still my goals are beyond that.

1. How much can I invest without putting a stress on my finances: this is what I consider the most basic cause you have a balance in what you are doing, this money must be yoir disposable income and money you won't be needing during your investment time. So you don't end up putting yourself in a state of panic and have to sell some bitcoin so early than you planned to

Yeah before thinking of investing in Bitcoin, one should have some good discretionary income for their Bitcoin accumulation. Inorder to be able to continue their accumulation and holdings without thinking of tampering with their investment, due to using funds that they might not need for a long time .

2. What buying method would be okay with me, considering how my income comes. DCA would be recommended for newbies since its the easiest to understand and dose involve any technical knowledge, just buying

Yeah DCA is one of the best when it comes to accumulating of bitcoin expecially to those that are new into bitcoin. But still using other strategy still nice like lump-summing, one can use lump-summing to give he or her self a good head start in their accumulation. But still depends on one cashflow

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: