Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:11:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gameover for a few coins this week it seems.  (Read 4554 times)
stokecrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:26:21 AM

Further, to hack a 3-4Gh/s network, you need to know a pool with over 2Gh/s, which I would like to see anyone have before ASIC comes out. (that's 2000 x R9 290x at max config)
If you want to worry about Worldcoin being hacked, you have a LOT MORE to worry before that I think.

When do you think the new ASIC's will come out and how high a hashrate do you think one person could get with a lot of them?

When pools started destroying coins Kimoto invented his gravity well to neutralize the threat. Is it possible someone could invent something to neutralize the threats posed by the new ASIC's?

I know Kimoto's gravity well is not perfect and people on this forum are talking about possible attacks they can make on coins using it, but it's a start at defense.

well, when ASIC is out, everyone can get them.
so people mining will also be mining on a much higher hash rate.
I will be one of the first people lining up to get a lot of them myself!

unless somehow a hacker can get his hands on ASIC before everyone does, by then the hashrate of everything will be MUCH higher,
so shouldn't need to worry about that either.

you need to realise that Scrypt asic is already out and has been for a while now. look at the power on wemineltc, thats no gpu farms
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dewon

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:41:56 AM

I have been waiting for a week like this for a long time
there were too many crapcoins out there that ought to have died long ago.

and here's this week's list: (on cryptmarketcap.com 7day price% drop >25%)

NXT -33.15%
Aurora -88.0%      (whoa, gameover man)
Quark -26.0%      Just keeps sliding since mined out.
Vertcoin -26.7%   Was a fake pump, and everyone knew it.
Primecoin -33.6%  How it is still here already is a good question.
Megacoin -30.0%  about time this monkey show dies. KGW recently proven inferior.
YBcoin - 28.41%    This is a china coin, guess I never get to know it.
Spaincoin -64.2%   Another Joke that ought to have dispersed before it started.

If you still have any of the above, you probably best off switching to a coin that have hope.
I have my list of hopeful coins, but I know no one agrees to that. (which is fair)

though the drop of the above list is for all to see, and to be honest, an investment that can drop 25% in 7 days?
lol, you know it is a joke. 

my advise is GET OUT while you can.

How about BTC ?  It has the same drop.
And all country coins are scams, being definitely dying.
HysonCorp

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:46:32 AM

NXT -33.15%
Aurora -88.0%      (whoa, gameover man)
Quark -26.0%      Just keeps sliding since mined out.
Vertcoin -26.7%   Was a fake pump, and everyone knew it.
Primecoin -33.6%  How it is still here already is a good question.
Megacoin -30.0%  about time this monkey show dies. KGW recently proven inferior.
YBcoin - 28.41%    This is a china coin, guess I never get to know it.
Spaincoin -64.2%   Another Joke that ought to have dispersed before it started.

If you still have any of the above, you probably best off switching to a coin that have hope.
I have my list of hopeful coins, but I know no one agrees to that. (which is fair)

though the drop of the above list is for all to see, and to be honest, an investment that can drop 25% in 7 days?

[/b]

0.00267555 (Cryptsy)
+1.10 %

Vertcoin has go up and not down. The Coins you tell are not crapcoin you are SPAM

one day price up means nothing.
he quoted 7 days avg.
maybe learn to read?

I guess you are here to defend Vertcoin after that fake pump, from which if you count 2weeks, it came off 35%.
You see, the OP was kind enough not to quote 2 weeks, cause that might make your coin look even worse. but you just had to bring your 1 day gain, forcing me to reveal facts. sigh.

This is the OP's source:
http://cryptmarketcap.com/   go there, click 7days under %/price, and see for yourself.
then ask yourself who is SPAM? and don't shoot yourself, let me tell you some more.

see it this way.. sure Vertcoin did well comparing to the rest of the newer coins.
but it is already discussed that Scrypt-N means nothing with DRAM support on ASIC,
which means Vertcoin's 'only' perk is actually.. pointless..
Further, brand, Vert = green in french, who the hell will try to put wealth into a 'Vert' coin?
I will give it that Vert coin has a rich community trying to back it up, but do remember it slipped under 2mm USD marketcap before the community leader attempted to rescue it with a fake pump.
which since it is grinding down everyday.

On this, Doge does a LOT better in getting media attention, etc.
As for Worldcoin, I am just betting on their brand and developers, I do not know will it work.
But I do admire the air time they put on Radios and the fact they survived for 9mth, there's an interesting chance there.
Litecoin already made it, and will only get more famous here on.
If any of the above drop, I will put in another 5-10 BTC.

I am analyzing Darkcoin, and might put 3-5 BTC into just to see.

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:07:03 PM

Why XPM and VTC are scam for u?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:16:00 PM

XPM is a perfectly fine botnet-coin, it seems.

It also might have some use for people who are paying for third party server machines but have nothing more profitable to consume their CPU cycles with.

Not sure though if it is the most profitable such coin. I still use it on some of my third party servers mostly through inertia. If something else would subsidise those servers better I'd like to know of it, if it is long term better not just a "right this moment if you could mature some coins and get them to an exchange" better. (I won't be actually selling any of the coins the servers mine for maybe even years yet.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:40:11 PM

This is great all these crap coins are dying.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:45:41 PM

Only noobs would pay any attention to this thread. There are some of the strongest coins out listed in  the OP.

Coins fluctuate that much daily ever since i have been trading. Plus all alts are down on the dec pump.

Lol - yeah best get choosing some coins with more hope and better communities than  NXT, QRK. XPM, MEC

Yeah kimoto is obviously a waste of space and moronic.... i mean all other coin devs on here are way superior. The fact alone that KGW has been improved upon just proves mec is a waste of time. Kimoto is just obviously clueless.

Yeah coins that can drop 20% in a week in crypto are dead.  Have you not noticed these coins can go up 200% per day or down 50% one day and up the next. These markets are very easy to move in terms of price. Some of these coins are no longer minted. Therefore most of the minting is held as investment and only a tiny fraction goes on an exchange.
That tiny fraction is so easy to move up and down but means NOTHIING about the future of the coin or its community.

Really this thread is funny. The only people that would possibly base their decisions upon what is said in the OP are total noobs who have zero experience in crypto trading markets.

ALSO there are coins down way way more than listed in the OP in one day ..... saying down in a week makes ZERO sence either i mean some of those coins go up and down 50% in a day ... like most crypto except the most stable like btc and ltc and the very large coins hence why they are more a storage of wealth.

You can NOT judge coins with zero minting against coins that are still being minted either.

Yep game over for nxt and qrk.

Wait have you notice BTC sometimes can move down 20% in a day?  game over quick  pull all your BTC out into something that seems more trendy for it's 5 mins of fame.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:47:34 PM

Wait i notice LTC is trending down  .......it was 48 dollars just a few weeks back now it is 13 dollars... in that time it has even been added to some of the largest exchanges in china, and still it's price is sinking....

Quick add that to the crap coin list whilst i move all my ltc out into noodleapplegoogley coins.

I just noticed all coins are dying except the new wave of shit that will rise for a few minutes before crashing as new pump and dump vehicles arrive on the scene.

It is easy to call coins crap , dying etc. Show me some coins that are better than the one in the OP. Of course aurora coin couldn't really work out too well for the reasons i have said before, but a lot of the others on there are way better than 90% of all other alts.

NAME SOME EXCELLENT COINS -  i need to tell these people selling nxt , qrk, xpm, mec just where to put their money. I mean if they are selling at these low prices where can they head to for better returns than staying where they are?

fpmk

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:56:31 PM

Are these all crap coins?
If so, it's time to leave.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS.BNr9JtcRjHiPUk2wHhdnyzCPkw22KFpjNn
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:59:47 PM

Yes don't listen to the sock puppets and look at the 24 volume .

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 01:11:24 PM

I think that most of those coins are going to be going down a lot more, but I feel like NXT has a very promising future.  Lots of groundbreaking work is going on there right now.  The future is 2.0 platforms and NXT has a good chance of dominating the area, or at least becoming a big player.

Basically..... one of these is not like the others.

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 01:23:11 PM

Even if they go to one satoshi, so what, provided they retain sufficient hashing power or other means of securing their blockchains to be secure?

Mere drop in price is merely a shaking out of coins from weak hands to stronger hands unless it is due to drop in security of the blockchain/ledger or causes a drop in security of the blockchain/ledger.

GRouPcoin is not even on an exchange yet and it still has quite a bit of hashpower, so price is not particularly important once a coin gets onto a merged mining pool, except inasmuch as increases in price could lead to more merged mining pools adding the coin to their merge.

Drop in price is no reason for such pools to drop coins since merged mining costs such marginal amounts that the simple fact a secure coin is more likely to go back up in value than an insecure coin, momentary memes/hype aside, suffices to make it worthwhile not to bother dropping a coin once you have added it to your merge.

Also once you do not drop it on account of a fall in price, you have also added the cachet of the coin's miners being loyal, like wow, look how much it dropped in price yet its hashing power did not drop, that coin's miners are actually serious about securing chains instead of being fly by night bait and switch scammers scamming people into thinking a chain has a decent amount of mining while really planning all along to abandon it at the drop of a price.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
ceric35

Activity: 585

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:30:27 PM

I think that most of those coins are going to be going down a lot more, but I feel like NXT has a very promising future.  Lots of groundbreaking work is going on there right now.  The future is 2.0 platforms and NXT has a good chance of dominating the area, or at least becoming a big player.

+1

And for now, price is going down because big stakeholder are selling a lot to improve distribution.
This is good news for NXT.
HysonCorp

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:40:27 PM

look at volume
look at 7days % change

both important
try this site
http://cryptmarketcap.com/
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 01:58:06 PM

Yeah again volume is not a HUGE indication of value Smiley  how can you compare volume of coins traded with zero minted coins  and those minting out billions per day. Miners tend to have to sell to pay electricity, coins that are not being mined are not essentially having to be sold. Hence you will get less volume at times of lower value than people want to sell for. The big holders of some of the already minted coins never sell. So you can say their coins are worth nothing but then again they will not sell them to you for nothing so they are worth what they SAY they are worth in that case. It is not a buyers market when there are none for sale or scarce. It is then a sellers market. If all parties are willing to hold.  Things are way more complicated that a few simple values on a chart. Also these things can be argued either way in some cases. But yes if nobody willing to buy for the prices they are asking it becomes a standoff which is what you are seeing with some currencies. Those ones will have more time to bring on services and bolster value than coins still being minted in large numbers because they do not need many buyers coming in to keep a balance.

Trading volume is not always an accurate indication of value. IF the market has huge volumes  of SELL orders at realistic prices then yes  low volume can be acknowledged.  We are also talking volumes not total value of sale orders this is another misleading variable. I often see 100BTC in coins for sale then i look in the order books and someone has a couple of million leaf,flappy,mooon at a sale price of 0.001 btc each lol. This totally throws it all out of perspective.  They need to slash off these crazy prices from the totals for sale really.  You need to look at the number of coins for sale at a reasonable price compared to the total minting.

I mean really there are so many possible factors to look at it becomes impossible to analyse .......... news is the number one factor to watch for on all coins. The tech is very important but big events non related to the coin design or sometimes not even related to the core community are the most important.

You hear tomorrow  walmart accepts only noodleyapplegoogley coins or whatever they are called, you will immediately see that coin is no longer dead it's game is far from over. A lot of big announcements come out of nowhere....then you can enjoy a seat on the rocket.

Some of the smartest dev teams are working on projects most hear including myself know nothing about. However all of  a sudden something will happen as if out of nowhere and you realise someone was working on that all along. They do not announce it since what is the point of giving other communities the change to get the jump on them.

If this OP has listed doge and knocked off aurora coin it would almost look like a reasonable investment guide of what to invest in rather than what to avoid.

Things can change so fast in crypto... there are no sure things.

Look to all the coins you see mentioned over and over and have some history. Those that often come out with new news and things that show you there is activity in the background even if it is not overly displayed in the forum.  Look for coins where the majority of holders are holding as investment not just because it is the latest trending coin that will get forgotten in a couple of weeks.

Sure it is easy to get scooped up in the hype of the latest fashionable coin.... only to realise it has no staying power.

HysonCorp

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:24:10 PM

i respectfully disagree.

Volume is one of the PRIMARY thing I look at.
and my portfolio in crypto is currently over 150 BTC in size. (around 75,000 USD this moment)

I have NO INTEREST in buying a coin that has less than 10BTC trading size per 24hrs.
to me, if something happens, I just cannot get out in time without completely destroying the market.
this is why I never considered several coins that I won't name here for myself.

Volume is EXTREMELY important to anyone serious about Investments.
In fact, I will apply a filter of anything under 10 BTC in daily volume and not even waste time in researching it.
and I believe I speak for all professional traders in commodities/equities/bond trading as well.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 02:29:44 PM

Welcome to the strange and perplexing land of buy low and sell high. A land whose challenges and traps mean you can be right and still lose; a land where having your balls busted is the customary hazing. A land of embitterment, where cynics are the life of the party and normal people dare not go. A dark tunnel, where even the sight of light releases anxiety and disheartenment. A land as far away from popularity seeking as Hell is from God.

But the people there are quite nice...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 02:31:44 PM

i respectfully disagree.

Volume is one of the PRIMARY thing I look at.
and my portfolio in crypto is currently over 150 BTC in size. (around 75,000 USD this moment)

I have NO INTEREST in buying a coin that has less than 10BTC trading size per 24hrs.
to me, if something happens, I just cannot get out in time without completely destroying the market.
this is why I never considered several coins that I won't name here for myself.

Volume is EXTREMELY important to anyone serious about Investments.
In fact, I will apply a filter of anything under 10 BTC in daily volume and not even waste time in researching it.
and I believe I speak for all professional traders in commodities/equities/bond trading as well.

Actually for serious finance you should also want options.

You can set up the volume you require easily in anything that has options.

Just get a put option at the volume you want to be able to exit at before buying in.

If any of the coins listed at http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/latestrates.inc are among those you wished to see more volume in do please private message me.

I linked that page because it has some more-speculative ones than are so far incorporated into the historical tables and plots linked from

http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html

-MarkM-

rockstar888

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 02:35:01 PM

NXT -33.15%
Aurora -88.0%      (whoa, gameover man)
Quark -26.0%      Just keeps sliding since mined out.
Vertcoin -26.7%   Was a fake pump, and everyone knew it.
Primecoin -33.6%  How it is still here already is a good question.
Megacoin -30.0%  about time this monkey show dies. KGW recently proven inferior.
YBcoin - 28.41%    This is a china coin, guess I never get to know it.
Spaincoin -64.2%   Another Joke that ought to have dispersed before it started.

Fuck you dude. Megacoin is far from dead.
Both Vertcoin and Megacoin are strong as hell, everyone should BUY THESE NOW!!!

sell DOGE, BUY MEGA, BUY VERT, if you don't you are STUPID.
Yeah, Maybe VERT pump was manual driven, SO Fucking WHaT?
I have been paid by their community to support Vert now too, so Money changes everything.

oh yeah, Quark is dead, that we know.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 02:39:33 PM

Does megacoin even have as much hashing power as litecoin or DOGE, both of which are rather borderline themselves due to their inability to be merged mined together fragmenting the scrypt space?

-MarkM-

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: