Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:12:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you support a Litecoin [LTC] X11 hardfork?
yes
no
other (explain)

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Would you support a Litecoin [LTC] to X11 algorithm hardfork?  (Read 12771 times)
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:25:06 AM

this idea is beyond dumb scrypt asics will only increase the price, if you change the algo you would ruin ltc............ price would drop under 5$

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:25:50 AM

Let's set some shit straight:
ASIC's do not make a currency more or less secure, because ASIC's cost more than pocket change but not immence amount, small companies instead of individuals are going to be in charge of the network. Indirectly manufacturers of ASIC's also have influence.
Bitcoin is already a currency mined entirely by ASIC's. It has Upsides and Downsides.

Litecoin should be interesting, even if X11 is not that GPU resistant would mean that manufacturers will be discouraged from making ASICS for it, since Litecoin would just switch again. A GPU does have respectable amount of computing power, so if one was to design an algorithm for executing which GPU would be a perfect platform, gainst in performance achieved by ASIC's would be negligible, and thus the network could not be hijacked even if malicious entity would be willing to design their own chips (highly improbably)

Dude to all of the above X11 is a step in the right direction, thus i support this.

If you want to fork the coin to x11 for these reasons, you'll basically give the scrypt coin birthright away to doge.

the largest scrypt coins are on track to be secured by scrypt asics.  for litecoin to survive long term it needs massive asic support.  power hungry gpu mining litecoin is an obsolete activity.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
kache

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bored

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:44:52 AM

Yes, of course, but I don't think LTC has any future. I'd rather see Doge hardfork to X11 because Doge is the future.

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:47:28 AM

Yes, of course, but I don't think LTC has any future. I'd rather see Doge hardfork to X11 because Doge is the future.
if doge is the future support hardfork of LTC to X11.

being the next biggest scrypt coin, doge will gain the support of the scrypt asics to strengthen its blockchain, and LTC-X11 will fail.  

kache

Bored

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:50:08 AM

being the next biggest scrypt coin, doge will gain the support of the scrypt asics to strengthen its blockchain, and LTC-X11 will fail.  
No, ASICs will kill Doge. Doge is a coin based on community, a community of people that come, mine and tip other people. If the coin wasn't worth mining with GPUs anymore (and impossible with CPUs) Doge would die.
So it's important for doge to move to X11 as well.

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:51:53 AM

No, ASICs will kill Doge. Doge is a coin based on community, a community of people that come, mine and tip other people. If the coin wasn't worth mining with GPUs anymore (and impossible with CPUs) Doge would die.
ok we disagree.  

regarding the 'community', i'd bet less than 1% of the doge 'community' mines.  most people don't care to learn how to mine.

the currency generated by mining is not as important as the mining nodes which are responsible for the blockchain, and to pass along transactions.

look at the power consumption for 20mhash/sec of GPU, vs. the power consumption for 20mhash/sec of ASIC.  asics will be left on and mining long after GPU has been turned off.

i believe asics secure coins.

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:59:02 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 01:20:23 AM by Wipeout2097

Well, there's where we depart...

While I can see Doge changing due to popular opinion, or even in worse case vocal loud mouths on the Internet, that doesn't really matter much because it's a coin for fun and giggles.

Litecoin is not. It is a coin where people invest or look as a plan B if Bitcoin's decentralized trustless system fails. Hardforking litecoin so that it can be ASIC resistant is opening a can of worms and making a mockery of the scene. So where's the decentralized trustless coin that an authority can't revoke? Can the next Litecoin fork blacklist addresses or force to register at some website too?

And I say this being a GPU miner and without having invested in Litecoin. So, if someone came up with ASICs and miners will robustly mine Litecoins, pushing forward transactions and securing the blockchain, then I just have to adapt to a situation where the greater good prevails and move my gpus elsewhere

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:09:19 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 01:22:49 AM by Propulsion

So if a hard fork does happen, that means I effectively have double the coins. I sell once at Cryptsy on the regular Scrypt LTC, and then I sell my same address coins on the X11 LTC chain (probably hosted on some shit exhange). What's your plan to stop that from happening?

Questions aside, your either going to double the value of my LTC or half it. More then likely half it.
Make your own coin don't touch LTC.
IloveAnonCoin

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:47:44 AM

The OP is not Litecoin dev, if you want to clone, then clone. Don't try to ack like you are Litecoin dev. You cannot do anything about Litecoin. If you are not Coblee, or Warren, or Pooler, please don't BS.
manywelps

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:11:52 AM

You don't need the pools or miners.

All you need to get to change are the Fiat exchanges.  Everyone else will be forced to follow.

Basically get BTC-E to change, and maybe the chinese exchanges, and you're set.

Everyone else will have no choice.
96redformula

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:29:44 AM

Yes, the whole point behind LTC was ASIC resistant.  Its time to move on once more.
IL MinaTore

Activity: 218

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:01:12 AM

Would be the best thing litecoin is dying because of Asic miner and will always farther down no action is taken, the big production companies have operated ogy Their machines are destroying the currency and currently Has 80% of the asci miner digging on this one thing and also ridiculous comes to an asci 100,000 Khash and if you put a company which Has 200 asci in stock functional and enabled on excavation explain you Because we are still falling, and with this it also leads down behind the bitcoin they need to monetize

Those who vote no and absolutely asic miner X11 brings Considerable lowering and exploitation of the hardware

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QcjYLdE5Nia3EDpqDkKR7GwXYTNNP4xAT2
xiaowei

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:19:56 AM

asic is only going to help LTC.. not sure why you'd want to hurt the coin by changing up the algo
mzfish

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:06:54 AM

x11 is better Grin
Duhas

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:13:03 AM

ASIC is only going to help they owner to get more money in the first monthf after it's release..

imo changing the algo is good idea, and we need to do this each year or two...

ASIC killing decentralisation ideas..we need not mant MH/s, we neew work that is hard to be done..  many people invest into ASIC not to supporting of crypto, but only to get ROI multiple times..

PS Beeker, does changing some constants in Scrypt not help for ASIC resistance?
fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:19:48 AM

You do realize that x11 is no where near memory intensive as scrypt which makes asic design that much easier, then what, another fork?
At the moment people love x11 because the public miners are very much unoptimized which keeps their GPUs cool, but not for long.

toxick

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:58:29 AM

I pretty much never post anything on here but because this is possibly the most retarded thing I've seen in a while, I felt compelled to.

The only possible reason that anyone would vote yes is because they are Litecoin hating trolls. Which is fair enough. However, if you actually voted yes and like/hold LTC, you should immediately delete all your wallet.dat files and burn your computer. You may as well, because it would destroy the price of LTC overnight and probably make anyone that has invested in (all) crypto-currencies lose faith instantly!

As many people have suggested on this thread, If you are determined to keep on mining with a gpu or cpu (or you're god damn botnet) then just mine vert, dark or whatever coin takes your fancy.

Wow, if people are actually thinking this is a good idea, then there is no hope left for humanity  Grin

I voted no, surprisingly  Tongue
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 10:08:16 AM

Seems reasonable,  but you would certainly need to get the exchanges on board,  and show that the majority want it.

Maybe you should make an LTC X11 foundation ha ha.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:44:59 AM

Here's our response: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18166.0

El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:54:48 PM

Great response.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print