Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:24:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you support a Litecoin [LTC] X11 hardfork?
yes
no
other (explain)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Would you support a Litecoin [LTC] to X11 algorithm hardfork?  (Read 12773 times)
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 09:42:42 AM

What exactly would prevent the new algo from having an ASIC developed for it? Surely it's impractical to fork every time ASICs come on to the scene?

I'm all for forking, and people starting projects to work on but I think keeping the name will cause confusion and hurt Litecoin rather than help it.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Beeker (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Meep

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:57:02 AM

What exactly would prevent the new algo from having an ASIC developed for it? Surely it's impractical to fork every time ASICs come on to the scene?

I'm all for forking, and people starting projects to work on but I think keeping the name will cause confusion and hurt Litecoin rather than help it.

Litecoin will keep it's name. After the hardfork, Litecoin still is Litecoin, nothing changes except for the algorithm.
Some people may stay on the old fork by not updating their client but it will die soon as no exchange or pool will except it.

Meep meep
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:19:32 AM

This x11 bullshit is such a fail. Dev just wants to make money on this so fuck off we already have enough coins. This coin will get many haters and won't get far anyway and i'm not even holding Litecoin.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:21:50 AM

This x11 is such a win. Original Litecoin Devs just wants to make money of their ASIC investment. This coin will show everyone that the power is in the hand of community and not corporations.

Everyone that is against it is obviously an ASIC investor.
HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:22:20 AM

THE ACTUAL LITECOINS DEVS MADE A STATEMENT THEY DONT WANT THIS.PISSOFF WITH YOUR BULLSHIT POLL AND MAKE YOUR OWN COIN.IF U CARRYING ON WITH THIS I HOPE THERE IS A LEGAL AVENUE THEY CAN TAKE TO SORT THIS OUT. >:(NO ONE BELIVES YOUR BULLSHIT VOTING POLL

HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:26:30 AM

This x11 is such a win. Original Litecoin Devs just wants to make money of their ASIC investment. This coin will show everyone that the power is in the hand of community and not corporations.

i am not and investor or have any pre-orders.i just have alot of litecoin.what am i suppose to do when they kill it.this is just fuking bullshit.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:31:44 AM

i am not and investor or have any pre-orders.i just have alot of litecoin.what am i suppose to do when they kill it.this is just fuking bullshit.

Either you are lying or you don't get it.

ASIC scrypt mining is 14 times more effective than GPU mining in term of investment.
Before, you invested 100, you get 200 after a time.
Now you invest 100, you get 2800 during the same time.

Your Litecoins are going to be divided by at least 10 and possibly much more as ASIC will increase performance.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 12:42:50 PM

We feel the 65% in the poll is a pretty convincing number for us to continue on our project.

You do understand how polls work on this forum, correct?

There are users here with literally hundreds of accounts. That's about as unscientific as it gets in regards to polling.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 02:27:45 PM

We feel the 65% in the poll is a pretty convincing number for us to continue on our project.

You're kidding, surely. 65% of the very few people who don't think the thread is/was a premature April Fool's joke not worth bothering to read think it is a good idea?

I would not expect more folk who think it is a bad idea to even bother to open the thread, not expecting anyone but idiots to vote yes and not realising this forum is so full of idiots.

I mean everyone knows there are vast numbers of idiots here but might still have hope that it just looks that way due to the idiots being the noisiest bunch.

(Which maybe this poll actually helps to show...)

-MarkM- (I haven't even bothered to vote as it is such an absurd idea, why even bother?)

EDIT: I cannot even see the results so until I read the post I am responding to I never imagined anyone but a very few idiots would have voted yes, so saw no need to bother voting. If in fact idiots are in fact the ones voting then again why bother since they evidently plan to flood out all other opinions anyway. As others have said just do it, the real vote will be in gigahashes (or maybe only kilohashes if the idiots aren't ready to put their hashes where their forum-ranting is.)

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:36:16 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 02:46:43 PM by LiteMine

Litecoin will keep it's name. After the hardfork, Litecoin still is Litecoin, nothing changes except for the algorithm.
Some people may stay on the old fork by not updating their client but it will die soon as no exchange or pool will except it.

Talking about it like it's happening, lol!

No large pools will follow you.

Any algorithm can have an ASIC built for it, so you buy GPU miners what, a year? Or better yet, you will kill Litecoin, the backbone of GPU mining right now. Good job, assholes!
pbj sammich

Activity: 272

Fighting Liquid with Liquid

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:47:18 PM

Talking about it like it's happening, lol!

No large pools will follow you.

Nice rigged poll, btw

Exactly, i find it quite funny.

On another note, I've polled my friends, and 65% percent of them agree, I should be in charge of Amazon. Im sure Jeff wont mind
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:49:43 PM

Sounds like GPU farm owners are a little upset that ASICS are coming. Thats all I get from this thread. I don't understand why you guys don't just buy a whole bunch of asics with all those bitcoins you mined.

fenghush

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:51:49 PM

Sounds like GPU farm owners are a little upset that ASICS are coming. Thats all I get from this thread. I don't understand why you guys don't just buy a whole bunch of asics with all those bitcoins you mined.

Because they spent it all on hookers and cocaine.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:56:04 PM

because asic can't mine other algo lol
LiteMine

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:11:48 PM

All the hardcore oldschool crypto people clamoring for a hard fork should support Darkcoin, it's more anonymous than BTC/LTC and uses X11, so half the power usage and maybe I'd stop popping cards like it's the 4th of July (damn you, Gigabyte!) Smiley
fenghush

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:22:39 PM

Get it through your head people, just because the current miners are unoptimized doesn't mean the algo somehow magically is 'low power' just means the hardware is not utilized fully.

LiteMine

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:30:11 PM

Get it through your head people, just because the current miners are unoptimized doesn't mean the algo somehow magically is 'low power' just means the hardware is not utilized fully.

But hashing power is relative, so if everyone's miners are unoptimized, then the net result is lower power consumption.
FreeSocrates!

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 03:56:57 PM

But hashing power is relative, so if everyone's miners are unoptimized, then the net result is lower power consumption.

But then power consumption would be relative too...
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 04:04:17 PM

You're kidding, surely. 65% of the very few people who don't think the thread is/was a premature April Fool's joke not worth bothering to read think it is a good idea?

I would not expect more folk who think it is a bad idea to even bother to open the thread, not expecting anyone but idiots to vote yes and not realising this forum is so full of idiots.

I mean everyone knows there are vast numbers of idiots here but might still have hope that it just looks that way due to the idiots being the noisiest bunch.

(Which maybe this poll actually helps to show...)

-MarkM- (I haven't even bothered to vote as it is such an absurd idea, why even bother?)

EDIT: I cannot even see the results so until I read the post I am responding to I never imagined anyone but a very few idiots would have voted yes, so saw no need to bother voting. If in fact idiots are in fact the ones voting then again why bother since they evidently plan to flood out all other opinions anyway. As others have said just do it, the real vote will be in gigahashes (or maybe only kilohashes if the idiots aren't ready to put their hashes where their forum-ranting is.)

523 yes

235 no

30 whatever or other.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:05:36 PM

But then power consumption would be relative too...

the problem is that someone said, there are small groups with the optimized version, that's not fair at all
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: