Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:42:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you support a Litecoin [LTC] X11 hardfork?
yes
no
other (explain)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Would you support a Litecoin [LTC] to X11 algorithm hardfork?  (Read 12773 times)
dragonhunter

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:19:54 PM

This is so funny. LTC is not about to hard fork. Get real jr member.
LTC can't be hard forked, can it?
I don't know. Who can explain more ?

Hardforking LTC is actually the easy part.

The hard part is to get a majority of the pools, exchanges, shops and users to use the new hardforked client.
We are now working on the hard part.

You should also explain to kids that voted for hardfork, that investors will lose trust in LTC, LTC will lose value, and mining wont be profitable at all, for anyone, and all those coins they mined over years will be worth nothing... so what ur really doing is trying to destroy LTC, simple as that. If you have problem with ASICs, make your own coin and do whatever you want with it, and leave LTC to DEV team who proved themselfs and have community support.

Who are you? What have you done for LTC so far anyways?

Your ANN post looks like every other scam coin post, no detailed explanation, no plans, no nothing. And bunch of retarded kids following "hey, my GPU still good!!! YAY!!!", clueless how much harm you will do.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FreeSocrates!

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:32:11 PM

^ Welcome to the world of Decentralized Open Source currencies... 
FreeSocrates!

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:41:32 PM

the problem is that someone said, there are small groups with the optimized version, that's not fair at all

Who said that? I'm interested... in this thread?!?
Beeker (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Meep

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:50:37 PM

The hard part is to get a majority of the pools, exchanges, shops and users to use the new hardforked client.

You should also explain to kids that voted for hardfork, that investors will lose trust in LTC, LTC will lose value, and mining wont be profitable at all, for anyone, and all those coins they mined over years will be worth nothing... so what ur really doing is trying to destroy LTC, simple as that. If you have problem with ASICs, make your own coin and do whatever you want with it, and leave LTC to DEV team who proved themselfs and have community support.

Your ANN post looks like every other scam coin post, no detailed explanation, no plans, no nothing. And bunch of retarded kids following "hey, my GPU still good!!! YAY!!!", clueless how much harm you will do.

This topic is still an exploration phase to find out how much support there is for a LTC to X11 hardfork.

Scam? We don't accept money or LTC, there's no IPO and we cannot be bribed.
Our team is heavily invested in LTC and we want to secure the future of our investment, either by making progress for LTC or by encouriging the original developers to do so.

This is not a hostile takeover, without community support this will not happen.
But we want to make clear to the current developers that LTC is an open source cryptocurrency. They may hold a nice domainname or github, they don't own the blockchain.

Meep meep
fenghush

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 04:59:12 PM

I just have one question for you. What technical research have you done on the algos used in x11? Did you miss the FACT that each and every one of them is designed to be ASIC friendly as that's one of the requirements to be SHA3 candidate? Or you're looking to "secure" LTC short term and hardfork each time ASIC manufacturers deem it profitable to build one?

This topic is still an exploration phase to find out how much support there is for a LTC to X11 hardfork.

Our team is heavily invested in LTC and we want to secure the future of our investment, either by making progress for LTC or by encouriging the original developers to do so.

But we want to make clear to the current developers that LTC is an open source cryptocurrency. They may hold a nice domainname or github, they don't own the blockchain.

surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:00:49 PM

Or you're looking to "secure" LTC short term and hardfork each time ASIC manufacturers deem it profitable to build one?
That sounds like a very good plan. They should actually make it possible to change the algos without a hard fork (of course in a decentralized manner though).
fenghush

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:02:18 PM

Change of PoW requires a hardfork and it is NOT backwards compatible making the whole operation very risky.
Or you're looking to "secure" LTC short term and hardfork each time ASIC manufacturers deem it profitable to build one?
That sounds like a very good plan. They should actually make it possible to change the algos without a hard fork (of course in a decentralized manner though).

ptopex

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 05:03:30 PM

go http://www.ptopex.com , new and rising Kiss Kiss  Smiley
Beeker (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Meep

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:05:50 PM

I just have one question for you. What technical research have you done on the algos used in x11? Did you miss the FACT that each and every one of them is designed to be ASIC friendly as that's one of the requirements to be SHA3 candidate? Or you're looking to "secure" LTC short term and hardfork each time ASIC manufacturers deem it profitable to build one?

You hit the nail.

By changing the algorithm on a regular base no ASIC company will invest in creating an ASIC for it.

Meep meep
fenghush

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:09:31 PM

You hit the nail.

By changing the algorithm on a regular base no ASIC company will invest in creating an ASIC for it.

And you do not see the ramifications? To force people to upgrade or they risk losing their coins by sending on the different chain?
I'm all anti-asic and everything but not at this cost. I suggest to take a look at different options if you're really serious about forking LTC with a new PoW, x11 is really a bad candidate and another hardfork will be imminent very soon.

If it was any other month old coin, nobody would care or even notice in the long run, but this is LTC a well established coin with many outdated forgotten nodes.

surfer43

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:12:53 PM

go http://www.ptopex.com , new and rising Kiss Kiss  Smiley
spam.. unless you are going to join the hard fork?
dragonhunter

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 05:17:13 PM

You keep talking about your team. Who is in that team? Who are you? We know LTC developers and creator, and we trust them. They are also heavily involved in LTC, and not only by investing, also by spending time developing and improving LTC, and logic tells you they will do what is best for LTC. If ASICs are less harmfull than hardfork, so be it. Anyone can buy them and support network. And when you talk about investment, you do realise that what you are doing can (and most likely will) jeopardize it?

There is thousands of people who invested in LTC and are clueless what mining is nor they care, really. I bet they dont hang around forums, so i would say most of them cant vote and yet we can count them as part of community. How would they vote?
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2014, 05:39:00 PM

We feel the 65% in the poll is a pretty convincing number for us to continue on our project.

You're kidding, surely. 65% of the very few people who don't think the thread is/was a premature April Fool's joke not worth bothering to read think it is a good idea?

I would not expect more folk who think it is a bad idea to even bother to open the thread, not expecting anyone but idiots to vote yes and not realising this forum is so full of idiots.

I mean everyone knows there are vast numbers of idiots here but might still have hope that it just looks that way due to the idiots being the noisiest bunch.

(Which maybe this poll actually helps to show...)

-MarkM- (I haven't even bothered to vote as it is such an absurd idea, why even bother?)

EDIT: I cannot even see the results so until I read the post I am responding to I never imagined anyone but a very few idiots would have voted yes, so saw no need to bother voting. If in fact idiots are in fact the ones voting then again why bother since they evidently plan to flood out all other opinions anyway. As others have said just do it, the real vote will be in gigahashes (or maybe only kilohashes if the idiots aren't ready to put their hashes where their forum-ranting is.)

523 yes

235 no

30 whatever or other.

Wow, I am amazed there are so many who voted "no".

My impression on seeing the thread title was the notion was so obviously utterly inanely stupid that it was a total non-starter, thus that only people who didn't think it was utterly silly would even bother to open the thread except for LOLs. (Which, as I saw the thread keep somehow popping back up instead fading into the oblivion of pages two and up of topics, I eventually did myself.)

I am surprised by how many people seeing such a stupid topic keep coming up actually bothered to look at it for the LOLs, as a lot of folk don't have all day every day to haunt such a silly forum as this one let alone read the silliest idiotic threads found herein.

-MarkM-

EDIT: Users Online:    5913

And that just at this one moment in time. Seems like hardly anyone voted yet even of those online right now this moment.

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:42:13 PM

We are the Litecoin X11 hardfork team.

We are working on hardforking LTC to X11 algorithm at block ~564,480.
This poll is to gather information about the support for this hardfork, as we can't do this without the community, pools, exchanges and shops.

Main topic:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=549572

Please vote and/or give your opinion.

What I'd like to know is how are you going to do it?  There are 1,500 KncMiner orders left.  Approximately $15,000,000.  If you nabbed all of those and then kept all of the GPU's on the market you could find.  And bought up all the old gridseeds.  Then ordered half of another vendors hardware ... so maybe a 2,000,000 litecoins to take over?

I hope you know a pod of whales ... or an ocean of them.  Pus BCX?

And every day the difficulty of doing so is greater.

I mean - without destroying and re-creating litecoin seeing as the official devs aren't on board.  Anything else is just going to be an alternate crypto.
surfer43

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:53:54 PM

official devs
no
such
thing.
Ibistru

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:23:02 PM

You hit the nail.

So you actually intend to fork the coin to implement a new algorithm every time ASICs catch up? This is not just a scam, this is scam to the power of ten Cheesy

P.S. OMG I cannot believe there are people so naive to fall into this
surfer43

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:30:37 PM

You hit the nail.

So you actually intend to fork the coin to implement a new algorithm every time ASICs catch up? This is not just a scam, this is scam to the power of ten Cheesy

How is it a scam?
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:36:01 PM

While the LTC developers do not own the coin, neither do you. They do however have about 100% more credibility than you. Along with the full support of the community. Nothing will come of this hardfork.

Ibistru

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:42:22 PM

You hit the nail.

How is it a scam?

Do you actually believe that guy? If you believe that a coin can be succesfully forked with a new algo every some months without creating a big mess (and basically destroying it) then you are beyond help bro!
dragonhunter

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:13:17 PM

I wonder, how many of those votes are in fact litecoin supporters, miners, community, and how many just haters, happy to see someone trying to destroy it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: