Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:08:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [KSC] KASHMIRCOIN - MANDATORY UPDATE! - - - "BURIED" POW - cWallet - 50% POS  (Read 123057 times)
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 05:52:00 AM

I'd love to host you coming over - lol - Find you way from India to GU - \o/ YEAH !!!!!
Host might be the wrong word but you understand what I mean :-D

I don't think the exchange wants 0.1BTC per month - could be wrong - but - more like an "application fee" to get listed - please correct me if I'm wrong, maki

hahahah yeah i got it! Cheesy

I think we can manage 0.1 btc one time fee

0.1BTC * $240 = $24
Yeah - chump change - lol

I'm sure my "silent partner/investor" would be okay with contributing a portion of this fee to get listed but I want MOST of our "so called ISSUES" resolved before we approach any Exchange to list us.

Once we get all the things "together" - the sky's the limit - lol - so ta speak
Just please do me a favor - never say, "To the Moon" - lol - I'm really starting to hate that phrase - lol

To the Moon is for Pumper and Dumpers
I'm sure that once we get listed and if we can start to generate some interest - we'll get Pump & Dumped at some point - who knows - lol

Once I get all my personal stuff done in the States and finally moved to GU - I'll have all kinds of time to work this project properly
I'll hire 2-4 little hottie females, international girls that speak Spanish, to run my floating restaurant and all I have to do is collect money and keep it supplied \o/ YEAH !!!!

All aside i think i want to visit you now hahahah
All sounds good Smiley
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AK19

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:38:41 AM

Hallo can somebody help me to Import my privatekey from swisscex? I have 1 KSC there...i found the debug console but what is means [Label], when i type importprivkey <S....> then there Comes an error: Method not found (code -32601)
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 12:06:12 PM

Hallo can somebody help me to Import my privatekey from swisscex? I have 1 KSC there...i found the debug console but what is means [Label], when i type importprivkey <S....> then there Comes an error: Method not found (code -32601)

No idea how to do it!
Hopefully maki who did it himself can help you
maki

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:21:20 PM

The last time I listed a coin on Cryptobe.com for an explorer, the cost was .1 btc. Total. It might vary a little but they are very reliable and affordable.

The exchange, Cryptopia, has a vote process. If KSC is listed on voting, you can add pay votes for KSC (using DOT cryptocurrency).  If we are patient and wait for the right week, we can get it on there at good price.  Otherwise it takes 5,000,000 DOT to guarantee a listing, which right now is about 1 btc -- still not bad.  But having those two things, an explorer and an exchange, would keep the network stable.

For mining, I just setup the standard config I've used on 100 other coins.  I know KSC is not giving rewards to miners, but I thought it might still accept pow blocks and that might help move the network along. Now I suppose it will not. When I tried to mine , I get the "application terminated in an usual way" err and then have to reboot the machine before I can run the KSC wallet again.

Still Scrypt, right? They didn't change that?

I collect and trade rare and lost cryptocurrencies and blockchains.
Prefer fair launch/no premine, pre-2014 coins.
AK19

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:23:52 PM

Thanks for your answers. My wallet dont sync. I dont know where i can find the config.file. I have send my private key to you Mangled Blu...hope you can help me. Maybe its not working because i have wrote Import privatekey and my key in the debug window before. But my 1.4 ksc are not in my wallet :-(
I have get my private key from swisscex via email on saturday. But they said i have only this month (may) then they shut the doors
JennySmith

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 11:40:46 AM

Guys, I'm here!!
I had a good trip to the river the sea Smiley
My node is still running though Vultr blocked it for some time past week because my balance turned red. I had a phone with TeamViewer connected to my PC at home so i managed to get it running again Smiley
@chronicsky, big thanks for the bounty! You are using windows, right? I will try to create a simple tutorial about nodes or something like that.
@MB, it's great that you cloned the repo. I don't know if someone fixed the source but i compiled my wallet from the last "official" github, and it runs. I have no time to be active dev, but i will try to contribute as much as i can. I agree that we really need to create the new thread with the actual information.

JennySmith

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:42:18 PM

One more little contribution: i got $ 50 Vultr credit for free and setup a simple exchange, look:
kashmircex .tk (i cannot post it without space so remove it of course)

You can trade, deposit & withdraw even without email activation, but i recommend to set 2-factor-auth.

I have enough funds to run it for about 2-3 weeks so far. Lets test it. If you will find any bugs you can send me a message through the ticket system  Smiley

chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 04:28:30 PM

One more little contribution: i got $ 50 Vultr credit for free and setup a simple exchange, look:

You can trade, deposit & withdraw even without email activation, but i recommend to set 2-factor-auth.

I have enough funds to run it for about 2-3 weeks so far. Lets test it. If you will find any bugs you can send me a message through the ticket system  Smiley

I don't rally understand anything here :-|
What do we need?
JennySmith

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:49:04 PM

I have enough funds to run it for about 2-3 weeks so far. Lets test it. If you will find any bugs you can send me a message through the ticket system  Smiley

I don't rally understand anything here :-|
What do we need?

Sorry for my language Smiley

I just created an exchange: kashmircex .tk (remove space before .tk)
You can trade if you want  Smiley
maki

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:13:59 PM

I setup a basic website here,  http://kashmircoin.tumblr.com/

If I missed any good links, let me know.

I suggest Mangled Blue setup a new moderated thread, announce the take over, and reserve the first two posts.  That would let KSC start to build a legit presence on bct.

I can turn over the website later to whoever wants to do it.

JennySmith

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 12:59:32 AM

I suggest Mangled Blue setup a new moderated thread, announce the take over, and reserve the first two posts.  That would let KSC start to build a legit presence on bct.

I like it, simple & informative. Great work!

+1 for your suggestion. @MB, what do you thing about the exchange?
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 05:59:50 AM

I agree , andthe exchange looks great.
JennySmith

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 11:55:27 AM

Guys, exchange will be closed today for some hours, i need to update some things. Will keep you informed.
JennySmith

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:45:43 AM

I've not logged in yet - but I did look at the home page
Honestly it scares me

For one - you are open to the world and I doubt you have registered with any governing body as a money transmitter/handler - I hope your in a country that you cannot be extradited from to a USA jail/court
(did I just spell extradited correctly- lol - had to spell check it this time - lol)

I've had way to many pints right now and I have to keep fixing my letters because I type like I walk - thank god for spell-check - lol

I love you folks/peoples but you have to understand - even as a dead "shitcoin" as they like to call us - we have to follow the laws of each and every country

The internet to not a game and/or toy as it was when I was a child

You just can't start a website that handles "money"
You could be put in jail for a really LONG time - being accused of money laundering

There are a LOT of people here in the USA that run HONEST business's and they have their ENTIRE LIVES confiscated by the Federal GOV - simple because they deposit less-than $10000 USD a day/week/month at a time but they are never charged with a crime and they never get their money back- EVER!!!

Sorry I got off on a tangent - You need to SHUT DOWN that exchange and we need to let a LEGAL exchange pick us up in DUE TIME!!!

THINK before you act.-  K?

I understand that you mean well - but what your doing is like something that NO GOV will legally allow unless you register with the Financial Police of each country.

PLEASE - stop what you're doing and ask a registered Crypto-Exchange pick us up

BUT - not right now !!!

We are not ready to go Public again buy any means.

We can't even find the latest binaries to compile the code.

Please THINK PEOPLE!!!! - before you act!!

If you want to do something - PLEASE run it by me first.

I ask that you SHUT-DOWN that exchange and do things right.

If it was 4 years ago - I might think other-wise

Hear my words but - you're gonna do want you want.

If this continues - I will not "stick around" - seriously

I have a full time job and this is a part-time pleasure.

Figure out what you want to do and let me know but I'm not gonna go to jail because you think you are above the law

SHUT IT DOWN - NOW !!!!

Please -

You're a damn fool if you think other wise......

Wow Smiley

Well, I registered it without any money transfer etc.  Smiley

I just created a service for our community - it doesn't accept real money - only btc & ksc. I have no plans to do an advertisement or accept any currencies, it even has no fees for traders so we can't call it real exchange. I hoped that we (people in the thread) could use it to exchange our coins. But if you seriously scared & nobody here wants to use it I would shut it down because it is expensive to run it.

But I don't think that something you wrote about can happen, to say the truth Smiley So I think other wise Smiley

So, if somebody wants to create a couple of orders - let me know, I'm ready to run it.
JennySmith

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:52:29 AM

I have updated the node IP: 185.92.220.83

And here is the block-explorer: http://185.92.220.83/
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:37:21 AM

Running an exchange is a massive undertaking. I was thinking about it for a while, but was never comfortable enough with the potential security and logistical issues.

I recently ran across an exchange that showed an application error page when trying to withdraw Bitcoin. The stack trace returned a remarkable amount of information... not the sort of thing that should be shown to end users. I ended up discovering that their Bitcoin daemon has its RPC port open to the world. No IP restriction. This means that you only need the username and password to be able to clear out all their funds. Any web exploit which can view the contents of their scripts or configuration files would be able to reveal that information. I was flabbergasted that an exchange would run their Bitcoin client like this, ignoring at least two layers of basic protection which would prevent the loss of funds if the u/p did happen to get into a hacker's hands...

1. RPC port firewalled (NOPE, WIDE OPEN)
2. Connections limited to 127.0.0.1 or known trusted IPs (NOPE, CONNECT ALLOWED FROM ANY IP)
3. Correct username and password

Huh  Roll Eyes
chronicsky
Legendary

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 03:18:56 AM

Just to let you guys know , am watching all but half of this is going over my head.
@JS As i think , please close the exchange as it is not legal(maybe) and i don't think people will be comfortable with depositing their ksc/btc to a new exchange easily. Thanks for keeping the node alive

@MB Well, that escalated quickly Cheesy , chill out bro! it's gonna shutdown hopefully!
JennySmith

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:23:05 PM

It shut down. Has anyone noticed block explorer?
JennySmith

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:09:21 PM

Well, nobody cares so I can shut it down too
maki

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:40:27 PM

It shut down. Has anyone noticed block explorer?

The block explorer is useful and much needed. Thanks for that. I added to the website. Thank you Jenny.

The exchange is also really impressive. I didn't realize there was open source software for exchanges. I watch this space closely, and my amateur opinion based on what I've absorbed is that I don't believe there is a problem with US Fincen laws, so long as it doesn't trade fiat. To trade in fiat creates a huge headache for US regulations. But still, keeping hackers out is a huge responsibility and probably very difficult.

When we are ready, I think we can make a successful run at getting on Cryptopia.

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: