Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:21:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [KSC] KASHMIRCOIN - MANDATORY UPDATE! - - - "BURIED" POW - cWallet - 50% POS  (Read 123057 times)
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:31:47 AM

Helloooooooo !

Any sign of life here ??

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maki

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 02:03:35 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 12:22:34 AM by maki

Helloooooooo !

Any sign of life here ??

Since I was unable to move the new blockchain,  and no word for weeks from the dev, I'm building on the old chain.  11k more blocks and the old chain will be longer than the new v1 chain, maybe 30 days. I'll just let it sit and hash. No big deal.

I don't see any other choice of salvaging any KSC if the Dev is gone. The v1 wallet isn't moving. The old 0.8.6.2 wallet is moving, so I'll try to build it back up. Anyone else who wants to mine the old KSC is welcome to join in.

But all this is not good news for anyone with version 1 KSC coins.  And it almost certainly means KSC is going to lose SwissCex exchange. Sure you can trade on Swisscex but you can't transfer coins out because the v1 blockchain is dead.

If there is a better idea out of this situation, I would like to hear it.  Obviously, best situation is dev appears with a fixed wallet, but I am losing faith that will happen with every hour.  Find a new dev is also a good answer, if one can be had.

At least if old client works, we might get back some coins, we can mine it easily with cheap scrypt asics to keep things moving, and maybe entice a new exchange to add the old KSC.

I collect and trade rare and lost cryptocurrencies and blockchains.
Prefer fair launch/no premine, pre-2014 coins.
93under93

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:50:21 AM

Decision time...are we going to make a new wallet? Or are we going to get a new dev?
maki

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 07:35:02 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2014, 08:14:26 PM by maki

Only 9400 blocks remaining until the original blockchain overtakes the fork.
The Dev has that amount of time to either start his miners to keep ahead, or give us a plan.

I see that others are now mining KSC on the original  0.8.6.2 chain. The difficulty is rising.

I'm sorry that this dev (seems to have) screwed good trusting people over with this fork.  I think he just got in way, way over his head and gave up.  We can keep the original KSC alive easily tho.

Want to help?
Make a copy of your v1 wallet.dat, then uninstall KSC version 1. Then install the old 0.8.6.2 wallet, and try to import your v1 wallet into 0.8.6.2.  I don't really know if you can salvage any KSC or not.  OR, if you kept a copy of your original KSC wallet.dat (before the fork) you may find some coins in there.

You will always be able to go back to v1 if the dev shows up again with a good explanation (just keep a backup of your V1 wallet.dat)  

Having more 0.8.6.2 clients on the network would help restore the original KSC. Right now connections to 0.8.6.2 wallets is not 100%, which is slowing mining when connections drop.  

I just don't want to wait 2 more months before we try to salvage some part of KSC. If the dev shows and makes things work, I will happily back off.

To try and show that my intentions are honest, I have mined nearly 3 KSC on the old fork.   If SwissCEX will roll back to the 0.8.6.2 wallet and keep KSC on its exchange for at least 6 more months, I will turn over all of the 0.8.6.2 KSC that I have mined so they can reimburse investors on their exchange who lose coins as a result of the rollback.  I only see about 3 KSC of sell orders on SwissCex. I don't know how much is in user accounts, but perhaps some of the other miners of KSC since block 86k will join me in this.

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 08:36:28 PM

What a fucking piece for abandoning the community once again!

I don't get why he would have put so much fucking efforts into the latest changes and updates just to jump ship on everyone.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:44:28 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 01:20:56 PM by iluvbitcoins

I guess we can't use an exchange with the old wallet?

Looking for a signature campaign.
maki

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:35:56 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 10:56:28 PM by maki

I guess we can't use an exchange with the old wallet?
You can't send between the old wallet to the new wallet. They are on different forks since around block 82k or so (don't know the exact block at the moment, and there's no block explorer to peek around in). To trade old KSC, the exchange would also need to be running the old .8 wallet. right now, Swiscex is on the new KSC wallet, so for example the KSC I have mined on the old chain can't be sent to Swisscex's new KSC wallet.

To be 100% clear: absolutely do not send any KSC between old and new wallets, or you are guaranteed to lose it. Do NOT transact between the two chains. You won't even be warned, the coins will just be gone.

But, if you export your keys from the new wallet, and then try to import them to the old wallet, the KSC you had prior to the fork may still be accessible on the "old" blockchain.

What will definitely not be accessible would be any KSC purchased on Swisscex since the fork, and then transferred to your new wallet. That entire transaction would have occurred on the "new" chain and will not be accessible to the old.  

Again -- if you backup your v1 wallet and stash a copy of it some place safe, you can install version .8 and see how much KSC you can access. You may be surprised, pleasantly or otherwise. Its one of those "won't know till you try" things. Just *do not* send coins between old/new wallets, or they are gone forever.

I'm actually having trouble mining the original (old) chain today. No blocks found in the past 30 hours. Everything seems to have frozen up at old block 88614.   Difficulty at .5 is not too high, so not sure what's going on. I'll be setting up a few .8 nodes to see if that helps move it again.

chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 07:10:09 AM

hey! sorry guys , i have been a little busy
but here i find no activity from dev
Really Dev , if you don't have time or anything , let us join in , we will help the coin
KashmirCoin (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

David

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:31:45 PM

Hello everyone.

Thank you for supporting the coin. It's great to see such an active community even when the Dev is absent. I have to admit that KSC needs more active developer. Unfortunately, I can't be such an active developer because of problems with my health, and i don't want the coin to be affected. I've found the new devs to replace me, so they will work almost full-time. I will introduce them on Monday, with the new release (it contains Windows fix). And after that i will visit the thread sometimes as a part of the community. Our designer will continue to work, so our cWallet and promo pics will be beautiful anyway Smiley
 I haven't forget about pool payouts, my biggest apologies for all the delays. I have to read the last pages of the thread to answer all the questions.

See you on Monday!

KSC thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=550728
KashmirCoin - only 1001 coins to exist!
maki

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:17:36 AM

Yeah. Ok. Let's see what happens on Monday.

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:01:04 PM

Nice move dev Smiley

Looking for a signature campaign.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 03:09:51 PM

Hello everyone.

Thank you for supporting the coin. It's great to see such an active community even when the Dev is absent. I have to admit that KSC needs more active developer. Unfortunately, I can't be such an active developer because of problems with my health, and i don't want the coin to be affected. I've found the new devs to replace me, so they will work almost full-time. I will introduce them on Monday, with the new release (it contains Windows fix). And after that i will visit the thread sometimes as a part of the community. Our designer will continue to work, so our cWallet and promo pics will be beautiful anyway Smiley
 I haven't forget about pool payouts, my biggest apologies for all the delays. I have to read the last pages of the thread to answer all the questions.

See you on Monday!

oh! that's nice to hear that some good work was going on it...
and never knew about your health
hope you get well soon Smiley
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 10:59:19 PM

Monday, all problems solved. Great, I'll be watching.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:22:12 AM

Hello everyone.

See you on Monday!

Hello !

Thank you for the good news !
I was sad because I really like the rare coins, KSC included, but now I am OK.
Take care about you !

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
maki

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:51:48 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 12:06:41 PM by maki

Hello everyone.

... I've found the new devs to replace me, so they will work almost full-time. I will introduce them on Monday, with the new release (it contains Windows fix)....

See you on Monday!

And now it's Tuesday. And the dev hasn't delivered on his promise.  Surprise!!

Meanwhile I have been sent scam pm's trying to sell me KSC, on the "good news."  Right... how is that supposed to happen when the blockchain doesn't even work?  

KSC has become just another scam with the dev occassionally stringing along hangers-on by offerring false hope.

Expect another post from him soon, offering yet more hope, but nothing will come of that either. Scammers often plea for forgiveness, say they were "sick," or that there was a. funeral, that their electricity was out for a week, their mother is dying, that they just need a short term loan to finish a project... blah blah. It all buys them time & sympathy. The only thing that matters in crypto is performance.

KSC is dead. Good luck with it.

KashmirCoin (OP)

David

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:32:33 PM

Hello everyone.

... I've found the new devs to replace me, so they will work almost full-time. I will introduce them on Monday, with the new release (it contains Windows fix)....

See you on Monday!

Meanwhile I have been sent scam pm's trying to sell me KSC, on the "good news."  Right... how is that supposed to happen when the blockchain doesn't even work?  

KSC has become just another scam with the dev occassionally stringing along hangers-on by offerring false hope.

Expect another post from him soon, offering yet more hope, but nothing will come of that either. Scammers often plea for forgiveness, say they were "sick," or that there was a. funeral, that their electricity was out for a week, their mother is dying, that they just need a short term loan to finish a project... blah blah. It all buys them time & sympathy. The only thing that matters in crypto is performance.

I understand your feelings, there was no update yesterday, i'm still finishing the work.

I think i was extremely honest & found the new dev to keep the developement more active. I don't need any forgiveness, i just let everyone know about the situation.

Update & all the news will be released today, I HOPE in a couple of hours. Maybe a little more, but i plan to release it today.

About loans & PM. You said the serious thing. Did you mean that I sent you any PM? Of course, you did. So, KSC community knows that i would never do that, and the coin wasn't created yesterday. So, i think you're a scammer. Or maybe just a fool.

IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:20:48 PM

Hello everyone.

See you on Monday!

I understand your feelings, there was no update yesterday, i'm still finishing the work.

I think i was extremely honest & found the new dev to keep the developement more active. I don't need any forgiveness, i just let everyone know about the situation.

Update & all the news will be released today, I HOPE in a couple of hours. Maybe a little more, but i plan to release it today.

About loans & PM. You said the serious thing. Did you mean that I sent you any PM? Of course, you did. So, KSC community knows that i would never do that, and the coin wasn't created yesterday. So, i think you're a scammer. Or maybe just a fool.

Nah dev, he was not saying YOU were the one PMing people.  He is in fact correct in what he saying, just should have been more clear that it was another person.  I must say, I too found it VERY strange to have been hit up AGAIN via PM to "buy some KSC" or "loan money with KSC backing it".........RIGHT after you posted some news. 

This happened to me, if you remember I was going to do it and you were going to escrow the deal and then disappeared.  I felt this first time a few weeks ago that the guy legitimately needed help and was willing to put up more in KSC that he was asking for, was a pretty secure deal for me at the time so was gonna do it.  I also believed at the time that KSC was seeing new development and would be on the rise again!

This time however was very suspicious to me as I too received another request from this same person, this was in fact the 3rd time this person contacted me trying to get a loan.  I too found it very suspicious because of the timing, literally RIGHT after you posted some news.....he hits people up......also I wondered "how the hell does he expect to honor his side of the deal when the coins cannot even be moved"?

This is the point he was trying to make about this.....it does scream of notions such as scam.

You seem like a nice and honest guy, but the problem as I see it when it comes to you.....is you constantly break your word brother!!!  You say you will do this or that and do NOT follow through, you give deadlines which you seem to ALWAYS miss and not typically by days, but by WEEKS or more!  You need to be MUCH more cautious with your words and promises, ask yourself before hitting the "post" button, can I 100% follow through with what I am saying to the community....if your answer is ANYTHING but an unequivocal yes, then you need to reword your post so you can answer that as a yes. 

Be cautious with what you promise and the deadlines you quote!!  If you see that you are going to fail on a promised time with something, get the hell in here by or at that time and let the community know why and what is going on man!!  Just like yesterday, you PROMISED something to us YESTERDAY.......you should have posted something here to us YESTERDAY......not today!  You realized continuing to do this for ANY reason, makes you an untrustworthy person in the eyes of YOUR community right???

You promised to do an escrow for 2 of YOUR community members weeks ago, you disappeared.....broke your word again.

THIS is why you now have community members so upset with you and this project, that they are screaming out scam.  They feel like you just keep shelling out lies as you never follow through with what you say!!  As a man and a human being, your word should mean MUCH more to you than that.

You can see with all of this and the timing this guy hits people up for a "loan", what it looks like right?  Smells a bit fishy perhaps, maybe coincidence but still smells a bit fishy right?!

Personally brother, given that it is YOU that keeps letting this community down with broken words and false promises.......I REALLY think you owe this gent an apology for calling him a "scammer or a fool"!!!  He has the right to share his JUST feelings and concerns!
maki

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:24:20 PM

Hello everyone.

See you on Monday!

'Fool' is probably more accurate, as I have never asked anyone for trust or money, but I did foolishly believed your lies.

["...but i plan to release it today."]
Yes of course you will. It will all be released today. Any minute.  And everything will be perfect then. I'll hold my breath, shall I?

KashmirCoin (OP)

David

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:55:25 AM

Hello everyone.

See you on Monday!

'Fool' is probably more accurate, as I have never asked anyone for trust or money, but I did foolishly believed your lies.

["...but i plan to release it today."]
Yes of course you will. It will all be released today. Any minute.  And everything will be perfect then. I'll hold my breath, shall I?

I don't think that you should hold your breath because you have already said "goodbuy KSC" several times Smiley

IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:09:37 AM

Dev......dude, what are you doing with your responses man?!  Bad form brother!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: