Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:31:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New  (Read 161799 times)
ntz

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:10:17 AM

Betahash.com - Québecoin pool
http://betahash.com/getting_started

- Anonymous pool, no registration required

- Autopayouts from 0.01 Québecoin once an hour

- PROP Payouts , 1% fee

- Stratum protocol: 8885

stratum+tcp://betahash.com:8885 -u YOUR_OWN_WALLET_ADDRESS -p WHATEVERYOUWANT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 10:57:02 AM

Different kind of available wallets are most important for any coin.

When it comes to volume, that is not what coin need, that is something coin must be.

Hard to say right now how is it going to develop.

En2142

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:33:48 AM

- PROP Payouts , 1% fee

wow i got the first block in your pool ^__^
YYmeans

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:51:13 AM

JP, will you still support the coin? You have left us here for days!

ntz

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:00:37 PM

- PROP Payouts , 1% fee

wow i got the first block in your pool ^__^

6 blocks already Smiley
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:48:15 PM

I think it's a lot more embarrassing to market your Pre-Ann with how dedicated you are to the coin, how you're working on it on all hours of the night and posting here about it, only to essentially disappear after the IPO. Not to mention this ridiculous maple syrup situation.

The problem with crypto right now is not only saturation, but even more so copy/paste "developers" with a lack of integrity.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:56:00 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 07:51:04 PM by Lemayilleur

Hey guys,

I'll start off by saying that I feel guilty for being both and investor, and a believer at the same time. I was on a PowerShell course last January, and for some reason I began day dreaming. I thought of a coin, a crypto-currency. One for the people of Quebec. But I'm far from a developer… I'm good at a lot of things(and very willing in general), but expert of none. I couldn't push myself to take action on my Quebec crypto idea. I ended up trying to find out if there was any action around crypto and decentralization “dans mon pays!” – in Quebec. Things led to another and I stumbled on this thread in the early pages. Needless to say I got very excited. This was better than what I had day-dreamed about.

I feel guilty because I can easily be called out as biased since I'm both invested and excited. But the truth is, I'm an enthusiast in all thing decentralized, open source and technology. I’d really like this coin to execute it’s original plan; a coin for the people of Quebec.

I came late into the crypto-game, but I managed to ride Dogecoin and Vertcoin creation. I’ve seen the community grow and get excited about these 2. I’ve seen people work together. They slowly made these coins what they are today. For some reason I just leeched on them. I couldn’t get my lazy ass to participate. So I rode on the back of their community. But Québecoin… that one struck me differently. It meant something right from the start. For this reason, I decided I would spend a little bit of my spare time on the coin. Even if it’s just 1, 2 or maybe 4 hours a week. That is time I would usually spend, or as some would say "waste", playing video games. If 5, 10 or 3000 bodies spent just that: 1 hour a week "working" on QBC, then all of a sudden we have a giant rolling stone. You know what we say: “pierre qui roule n'amasse pas mousse” – “A rolling stone gathers no moss”

In barely 2 weeks I already found a handful people that are as excited as me about QBC/Crypto/Quebec. I have been in contact with folks that showed interest in the coin.  One of which offered me a place to work on a Wiki page. This person seems to be extremely resourceful. Another one offered and created, a forum template where  the QBC community could potentially build a nest. It’s only the beginning, but I can already see the potential. I know there are more people that believe in this coin. And to those of you - I say be vocal about it! It’s much needed to counter-weight to the FUD and hate.

The coin is really nothing much at this point.  But keep in mind it is very early and this coin isn't ment to excite nobody but Quebecer, tourist, and Quebec-fans if any. It will VERY LIKELY develop in something bigger than what it currently is. How much bigger? – well that depends on all of us. We just need to act semi-quickly and get the few ones who believe - the ones who hope this coin will succeed - to assemble and participate. We need to be able to keep track of what's happening, what’s cooking and brainstorm it all.

I’m sure a lot of Quebecer and Quebec developer will jump in as soon as they’ll hear about QBC and crypto-currencies. That’s most likely going to happen during the next crypto hype bubble, and the ones after. Sure thing is we’re going to see another bubble like the November 2013 one. It’ll happen before the first QBC air-drop. We must prepare Québecoin for that. We need the word out - We need accessible, easy to understand information - We need Québecoin to be, and stay, on the radar. If we do that, the right people will have but no choice to cross road with us at some point in the next 10 years.

I’m still sitting on my IPO share, and I plan nothing but to keep it warm under my phat glutes yo. I’m planning to keep it until it can be useful to a project that involves QBC. I’m also planning to get more(way more), and I have been. But I’m not in this to get rich. I’m in because I’m excited about technology and advancement. I’m also very curious as to what the future will look like. I want to be present as it shapes up and transforms itself.

QBC will see better days.

That - or - we can just sit here, complain and troll.  Grin
sonysasankan

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 03:51:38 PM

Jesus fucking christ!! Talk about rosy glasses being in denial!! Let me remind you some facts. This is not pessimism or FUD. These are FACTS.

JP is MIA after raking in 20+ BTC .

He refuses to reveal the premine address.

He is holding on to 21 million QBC!

The rest is all speculation. Now don't get me wrong. I would like nothing more than him to get back.... It would save everyone a lot of trouble. Prices will rise and I can sell my 200 or so QBC and move on. I have no incentive to spread FUD around here or even looking to lower the prices to buy cheap. The prices were going down even before I came along. Now looking at these three facts, anyone with half a brain can come to their own conclusions without extrapolating too much.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
Same Same

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:53:40 PM

Hey guys,

I'll start off by saying that I feel guilty for being both and investor, and a believer at the same time. I was on a PowerShell course last January, and for some reason I began day dreaming. I thought of a coin, a crypto-currency. One for the people of Quebec. But I'm far from a developer… I'm good at a lot of things(and very willing in general), but expert of none. I couldn't push myself to take action on my Quebec crypto idea. I ended up trying to find out if there was any action around crypto and decentralization “dans mon pays!” – in Quebec. Things led to another and I stumbled on this thread in the early pages. Needless to say I got very excited. This was better than what I had day-dreamed about.

I feel guilty because I can easily be called out as biased since I'm both invested and excited. But the truth is, I'm an enthusiast in all thing decentralized, open source and technology. I’d really like this coin to execute it’s original plan; a coin for the people of Quebec.

I came late into the crypto-game, but I managed to ride Dogecoin and Vertcoin creation. I’ve seen the community grow and get excited about these 2. I’ve seen people work together. They slowly made these coins what they are today. For some reason I just leeched on them. I couldn’t get my lazy ass to participate. So I rode on the back of their community. But Québecoin… that one struck me differently. It meant something right from the start. For this reason, I decided I would spend a little bit of my spare time on the coin. Even if it’s just 1, 2 or maybe 4 hours a week. That is time I would usually spend, or as some would say "waste", playing video games. If 5, 10 or 3000 bodies spent just that: 1 hour a week "working" on QBC, then all of a sudden we have a giant rolling stone. You know what we say: “pierre qui roule n'amasse pas mousse” – “A rolling stone gathers no moss”

In barely 2 weeks I already found a handful people that are as excited as me about QBC/Crypto/Quebec. I have been in contact with folks that showed interest in the coin.  One of which offered me a place to work on a Wiki page. This person seems to be extremely resourceful. Another one offered and created, a forum template where we the QBC community could potentially build it’s nest. It’s only the beginning, but I can already smell the potential. I know there are more people that believe in this coin. And to those of you - be vocal about it! It’s much needed to counter-weight to the FUD and hate.

It's really nothing much at this point.  But keep in mind it is very early and this will VERY LIKELY develop in something bigger. How much bigger? – well that depends on all of us. We just need to act semi-quickly and get the few ones who believe - the ones who hope this coin will succeed - to assemble and participate. We need to be able to keep track of what's happening, what’s cooking and brainstorm it all.

I’m sure a lot of Quebecer and Quebec developer will jump in as soon as they’ll hear about QBC and crypto-currencies. That’s most likely going to happen during the next crypto hype bubble, and the ones after. Sure thing is we’re going to see another bubble like the November 2013 one. It’ll happen before the first QBC air-drop. We must prepare Québecoin for that. We need the word out - We need accessible, easy to understand information - We need Québecoin to be, and stay, on the radar. If we do that, the right people will have but no choice to cross road with us at some point in the next 10 years.

I’m still sitting on my IPO share, and I plan nothing but to keep it warm under my phat glutes yo. I’m planning to keep it until it can be useful to a project that involves QBC. I’m also planning to get more(way more), and I have been. I’m not in this to get rich. I’m in because I’m excited about technology and advancement. I’m also very curious as to what the future will look like. I want to be present as it shapes up and transforms itself.

That - or - we can just sit here, complain and troll.  Grin

Awesome spirit!

I did not invest in this coin, but I've been mining this coin since the launch because I believe it as great potential.

I work in the SEO/SEM field and can spend few hours per week on this project. Please let me know if you guys need help.
Also, as stated previously, I can have articles published on Geekbecois which is a perfect audience for this kind of technology.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 05:18:37 PM

Hey guys,

In barely 2 weeks I already found a handful people that are as excited as me about QBC/Crypto/Quebec. I have been in contact with folks that showed interest in the coin.  One of which offered me a place to work on a Wiki page. This person seems to be extremely resourceful. Another one offered and created, a forum template where we the QBC community could potentially build it’s nest. It’s only the beginning, but I can already smell the potential. I know there are more people that believe in this coin. And to those of you - be vocal about it! It’s much needed to counter-weight to the FUD and hate.

It's really nothing much at this point.  But keep in mind it is very early and this will VERY LIKELY develop in something bigger. How much bigger? – well that depends on all of us. We just need to act semi-quickly and get the few ones who believe - the ones who hope this coin will succeed - to assemble and participate. We need to be able to keep track of what's happening, what’s cooking and brainstorm it all.

I’m still sitting on my IPO share, and I plan nothing but to keep it warm under my phat glutes yo. I’m planning to keep it until it can be useful to a project that involves QBC. I’m also planning to get more(way more), and I have been. I’m not in this to get rich. I’m in because I’m excited about technology and advancement. I’m also very curious as to what the future will look like. I want to be present as it shapes up and transforms itself.

That - or - we can just sit here, complain and troll.  Grin

Thanks a lot for being reasonable and keeping our spirits up. I'm actually trying to buy more QBC, so my actions reflect my own optimism.

The Robert Micro and the standard «dictionnaire pour anglos» are all-but looking at me as I write this. Smiley After all, the heart of the QBC community will be in French: nothing else will do for «maîtres chez nous».

I might end up really bilingual instead of being stuck with Français «manglo»!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:30:32 PM

Jesus fucking christ!! Talk about rosy glasses being in denial!! Let me remind you some facts. This is not pessimism or FUD. These are FACTS.

The rest is all speculation. Now don't get me wrong. I would like nothing more than him to get back.... It would save everyone a lot of trouble. Prices will rise and I can sell my 200 or so QBC and move on. I have no incentive to spread FUD around here or even looking to lower the prices to buy cheap. The prices were going down even before I came along. Now looking at these three facts, anyone with half a brain can come to their own conclusions without extrapolating too much.

Yeah, I understand why those who still hold the coin and believe in it, write support posts. I mean, it's common sense, as they still hold the coin and negative comments may lower its value. I actually have more QBC than when I started, but it's still not much, around 200 or so coins too ... it'd be great if I could cash them out for a decent price.

But we need to be realists. The issue isn't the price even, community or support. It's simply the dev needs to be about here more, lock up the premine, do some promotion and get the coin on at least one or two other exchanges. And mail that syrup.

It’s only the beginning, but I can already smell the potential. I know there are more people that believe in this coin. And to those of you - be vocal about it! It’s much needed to counter-weight to the FUD and hate.

Sometimes supporters of a coin perceive negative comments as FUD/Trolling, but really I don't see that in this thread, surprisingly, at least not to a large degree. I guess it's because most trolls pick on more popular coins and they have an ulterior motive, namely to drive the price down, to buy in... then back off and cash out. If people were spreading FUD or Trolling, you'd see giant fonts, red text, and crazy insinuations (Quebec isn't a real place, it's made up!), repeated non-stop. Instead we just have people asking for the dev to stop in here more often.
kiki6990

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:55:40 PM

Here is the transaction link http://cryptexplorer.com/tx/8d187425647c6f307df5d0f59638ed61917695bb0236cfffb9fa25eb9bde8106#i0
He moved the premined QBC amount to a new adress QXBSRAcSZCiaxEoxcRMLuahtqM2TNJE4HV
The amount is not yet redeemed as you can see, so you can relax, the dev didn`t run with the premine. He just moved the premine to another address!

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 06:28:22 PM

Here is the transaction link http://cryptexplorer.com/tx/8d187425647c6f307df5d0f59638ed61917695bb0236cfffb9fa25eb9bde8106#i0
He moved the premined QBC amount to a new adress QXBSRAcSZCiaxEoxcRMLuahtqM2TNJE4HV
The amount is not yet redeemed as you can see, so you can relax, the dev didn`t run with the premine. He just moved the premine to another address!

Oh... did not notice that he had revealed the address here. I take everything back... there is hope after all Smiley

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:39:59 PM

Oh... did not notice that he had revealed the address here. I take everything back... there is hope after all Smiley

Heh, worried he'd spend that premine? I can understand wanting to see it all locked up safe, but that isn't really a big concern, at least to me. There is simply nowhere he could spend it if he wanted to. I think a couple thousand coins alone would crash the Bittrex market.
JPGagnon (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 07:09:25 PM

Heh, worried he'd spend that premine? I can understand wanting to see it all locked up safe, but that isn't really a big concern, at least to me. There is simply nowhere he could spend it if he wanted to. I think a couple thousand coins alone would crash the Bittrex market.

Listen guys I know it's hard to have trust in anything in the crypto world (especially these last few weeks with edgecoin this time and some devs disappearing) but I haven't run away with anything, I paid out the QBC IPO and bounties and haven't touched anything else. I even left the IPO BTC in it's place a part from paying out the windows/mac wallet bounty and reimbursing someone who had sent some IPO funds after it was closed. Right now I'm using my own money for day to day expenses and will tap into the IPO BTC when I need it only.

In my last post I said that I'm working behind the scenes and I am, anonymousxx got it spot on, right now it's simply not worth spreading the word to merchants about QBC, the market isn't liquid enough. Nation coins are not the current trend so we haven't gotten the same amount of volume as the others, it would have helped. Let me do my thing and show a bit of patience and also respect to others. Sonysasankan you've been spreading a lot of useless fear with your posts, I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere but someone said there are like 600 cryptos now, it takes a bit more than just an honest dev and good features to make it and that's what I'm working on.

As for the maple syrup, I will guarantee that it will be shipped before May 11th (Sunday). I'll post a pic before having them sent out too.

I know you guys are excited to make it work and spread the word and for those who have been really enthusiastic, don't let that die down but save it for later. Right now isn't the time to spread the word like crazy about QBC, that will come once we have some stability in price and better market liquidity.

For the short term, we will be Hardforking within the next 2 weeks to DGW3, the removal of the exponential moving average makes the difficulty adjustment much smoother which will in return keep our block time closer to the 2.5 min mark.

So, don't give in to the FUD, I'm still here even if I'm not posting every day and QBC isn't done by a long shot.

Québecoin - QBC [X11 - DarkGravityWave] Take a look! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=552561.0 - http://ww.qbc.io
poornamelessme

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:22:36 PM

I know you guys are excited to make it work and spread the word and for those who have been really enthusiastic, don't let that die down but save it for later. Right now isn't the time to spread the word like crazy about QBC, that will come once we have some stability in price and better market liquidity.

So, don't give in to the FUD, I'm still here even if I'm not posting every day and QBC isn't done by a long shot.

I personally think you should rethink that strategy and try to post here at least every other day. People have very short attention spans in cryptoland ... go a week without seeing a dev, and people think the worst. You can argue, probably rightfully, that logically it doesn't make any sense, nor will it affect the coin longterm. But people here base decisions on conjecture and hype more than logic, quite often.... or probably most of the time.

I still think you should at least outline your plans and dates for distributing small amounts of coins locally, locking the premine, and move up promotion/getting on other exchanges. One way to increase volume is through arbitrage trading.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:30:14 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 08:47:40 PM by Lemayilleur

The Robert Micro and the standard «dictionnaire pour anglos» are all-but looking at me as I write this. Smiley After all, the heart of the QBC community will be in French: nothing else will do for «maîtres chez nous».

I might end up really bilingual instead of being stuck with Français «manglo»!

I was raised French and I live in French. I was never good at grammar and structure. Then I learned English by playing online games and watching TV. I found a job in English and I've been losing my French ever since. Now I'm stuck right in the middle of two language, yet master of none.

Yeah, I understand why those who still hold the coin and believe in it, write support posts. I mean, it's common sense, as they still hold the coin and negative comments may lower its value. I actually have more QBC than when I started, but it's still not much, around 200 or so coins too ... it'd be great if I could cash them out for a decent price.

But we need to be realists. The issue isn't the price even, community or support. It's simply the dev needs to be about here more, lock up the premine, do some promotion and get the coin on at least one or two other exchanges. And mail that syrup.

It’s only the beginning, but I can already smell the potential. I know there are more people that believe in this coin. And to those of you - be vocal about it! It’s much needed to counter-weight to the FUD and hate.

Sometimes supporters of a coin perceive negative comments as FUD/Trolling, but really I don't see that in this thread, surprisingly, at least not to a large degree. I guess it's because most trolls pick on more popular coins and they have an ulterior motive, namely to drive the price down, to buy in... then back off and cash out. If people were spreading FUD or Trolling, you'd see giant fonts, red text, and crazy insinuations (Quebec isn't a real place, it's made up!), repeated non-stop. Instead we just have people asking for the dev to stop in here more often.

You are right on most points. And yes, FUD might be a wrong pick to describe what's going on. It would be cooler to have him around shit-chating with us. That's fo sho.

EDIT: Hadn't red the whole post before posting lol. So JP shit-chatted back - Things just got a lot cooler.
klembyklem

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:33:53 PM

As for the maple syrup, I will guarantee that it will be shipped before May 11th (Sunday). I'll post a pic before having them sent out too.

Good, I need it on my http://a407.idata.over-blog.com/500x375/5/92/16/38/Images-aleatoires/Les-crepes-sucrees-au-beurre-noisette.JPG

Smiley Smiley
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:06:22 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 09:17:17 PM by Lemayilleur

JP, what would be your favourite tool or place for project enthusiast to discuss? An un-moderated thread isn't effective. IMO.
sonysasankan

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 09:10:19 PM

Sonysasankan you've been spreading a lot of useless fear with your posts,

Oh please do not pull that card on me!! We all know what a missing dev with a bagfull of IPO money is an indication of. You created an obligation when you took people's money in return for your services. Pointing to the lack of that does not equal spreading fear. If there is anything specific that I said that does not make sense or looks like obvious irrational fearmongering, please do quote me on that instead of vague "stop the FUD" replies. You cannot be deemed trustworthy by insisting you are. You need to show it. And disappearing does not help that at all. You are doing a pathetic job at being transparent.

Pages: « 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 »
  Print  

Jump to: