Bitcoin Forum
June 10, 2024, 03:36:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Confession from an infamous scam coin cloner  (Read 2848 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:54:44 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 10:03:19 AM by Spoetnik

I'd like to present to you all the forward to a coin cloning guide written by well know scam coin creator SHAKEZULU.

Before i post what he said and a link for reference i want you to consider he did not mention anything in his guide
about security in the slightest nor did he mention anything about the overall long term effects of coin cloning..

can any of you read the following and say this is healthy for our Crypto scene ?

I'd say it's the equivalent of handing out guns to toddlers..

Oh and if you don't know who that guy is don't worry you can be forgiven he uses an endless amount of names online,
he must have forgotten to mention in his guide that your suppose to hide who you are like a coward changing your name constantly lol

Ok so here is what the start of the guide said and the end part.. his cloning coins for profit tutorial (SHA256 edition)
Oh and by the way thanks for making a mess of our scene and making us all look bad and lowering the value of older legit coins etc Shake good job buddy.
thanks for "ushering in a whole new era of cloned coins"

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=sha256_altcoin_cloning_guide

How to clone SHA256D Coins for Fun and Profit

Oh, here we go again! So hot on the heels (or not so hot as the case may be considering its been nearly a year since I started writing about this stuff) of my Scrypt coin cloning guide, I present to you another version, this time targeted at making SHA256 coins, based on Bitcoin 0.8.x.
Why? Why? Why?

Why not? This whole journey has been about the code for me. I've tried to learn these coins inside and out and have had some spectacular success and some epic fails along the way. Cryptocurrency is FULL of “coulda, woulda, shoulda” to coin a phrase I hear quite often escape my wife's lips. If you're not enjoying the ride, there's no point. I got started in this scene to expand my knowledge of programming and networking, meet new people around the world, and to make a few bits doing something I like. Its turned in to a nearly daily routine for me–get up, research, read, try something, try something else. After awhile I've found many of the techniques and answers to a lot of questions. I've also found what coin source code works best for cloning and developed my own versions. You're likely familiar with 'foo' and 'bar' coins by now? How about all the coins released that say 'adam m!' in the About dialog? Yea, you've seen them, you've mined them.

If you've read Scrypt Altcoin Cloning Guide you're most likely wondering why I don't finish the Scrypt Altcoin Troubleshooting Guide. This is the reason. I've been working on a good, clone-able version of Bitcoin for awhile. Thanks to some help from an outstanding Dev from the other side of the world (at least from me, remember I said this is partly about making new friends?) I am back at it, ushering in a whole new era of cloned coins in SHA! Old is new again, eh? Ha, yes it is. ASIC devices are rampantly sweeping the market place and in return, the difficulty of Bitcoin is skyrocketing. The alt-coin phase enters a new era as these devices get down in to every day folk's hands. What to mine with my Block Erupters? How about your own coin? Yes!

Conclusions, as if.
Hmm, wrap it up nicely in a bow here–or perhaps not. Once again, I've simply set out to make this as easy as possible for you and hopefully to give you something to fill up a weekend. If you can't/don't want to figure this out, I'm generally willing to answer intelligent questions and can be found via my website https://andarazroflove.org or IRC on freenode in #fridaynightunix.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:59:09 AM

If there is nothing wrong with any coin cloning then i would like to formerly request a list of coin(s) dev's cloner's have made.
Shakezulu (and other cloners) what coins have you made, posted or worked on ? Please list them here for us all to see.
And please also list all the various forum account names you have used too..

If there is nothing wrong with it all and there is nothing to hide then why are you guys bending over backwards hiding ?
For example i have spotted several new posts today alone with new domains that are as usual using a domain registration hiding service.
(so we can't see who created the domain)

pickitlickit

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 10:14:36 AM

Replying to his own post again.  Talk to yourself much?
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:39:07 PM

What this is really all about is; spoetnik went all in on litecoin and these scamclones are diluting his marketshare. He wanted everyone to just buy litecoins and make him a billionaire.
brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 02:56:06 PM

The big problem is that we dont have enough clones. We need hundreds if not THOUSANDS of clones, vey similar to each other to cloud and make a mess out of cryptocurrency.

Here are a few example coin names to make FUZZY cloud around bitcoin:

bitcoino
bitconio
bitcoin2, bitcoin3, bitcoinalpha, bitcoinbeta, batcoin,. biticoin, bitacoin, botcoin
bittcoin bittycoin, bitcoim , bitkoin, ....

Once we make all these shit coins, and all new comers start getting into those (not even knowing its not the original bitcoin), buying them, trading and selling, then maybe the community will come together and realize the easy cloning is the biggest threat to cryptocurrency and find a solution to save it.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 06:42:05 PM

Replying to his own post again.  Talk to yourself much?

6 posts and you think you earned an opinion here ? lol cute
nice job staying on topic by the way ..since i think your dumb i will point out that is sarcasm Wink
hey make more shell accounts to Troll on me please, it's not obvious at all masked scared little scammer lol

and hey that goes for the other idiot too thanks for dodging the topic at hand and *trying to attack me personally.
Litecoin ? sure ok then smart ass.. if you have a shred of proof to back up your rather weird claim have at 'er let's here it lol

and guy no. 3 i agree lol

these scammers are cowards and the public overall has no idea the depth of scammyness these guys are caught routinely involved in..
i should start doing a daily expose showing the fraudulent activity these guys are involved in to help people be aware
of what truly goes on behind the scenes.. if you pull back the curtain you see roaches and maggots scurrying for cover..
their cowards which is why none of them are going to grow some balls and come clean.

NOTHING TO HIDE ? THEN WHY ARE YOU HIDING COWARDS ?

DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:20:38 PM

One man army thinking he is standing up for everyone fighting another army that doesn't exist.

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
woetohice

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:50:53 PM

LOL.  Anyone posting the name of a coin here is just begging to be the next victims of the extortionists.

I guess you guys are getting too lazy to hunt down victims and you want them to just come to you.

If you are so big on openness, how about getting your Operation Shitcoin buddies to admit which coins they created?

Of course, there is no way that is going to happen, because the real purpose of Operation Shitcoin is to bolster the value those very coins.  (And to make money through extortion, of course.)
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 08:54:31 PM

I'm not sure if its litecoin you hold spoetnik, but what I am sure of is you hold old guard crypto, and you are fighting new clone coins not because you want to be our hero and save us from getting scammed, you want us to buy your old guard cryptos and pump up their value. You see us buying these other coins and think hey that money should be flowing into the coin I hold not these new scam coins I don't hold.
wasamata

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 09:13:06 PM

I would like to know what is the possibilities of someone copyrighting their algorithm?
That may be the only way to stop the simpletons cloning someone's hard work for a few bucks.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:25:11 AM

most of you are reaching pretty hard to attack or discredit me but your doing a bad job of it..
bad enough that your crap here does not warrant anymore replies than the 1 already gave.
You have some proof on me with these wild accusation then go for it post em.. otherwise i'm ignoring you guys your just trolling.

and yeah copyright the algo not sure that can be done since they are all already open source i think but
devs could start doing coins with closed source code and that would be one hell of a shake up in the community lol

ok well, i lied i will respond to one of the nutcases earlier lol
I do not ask because i want to extort anyone in anyway.. i asked because i think the majority of us all would like to know
and i know damn well it will make a lot of these guy that hang out here posting clones non stop look REALLY bad and
hopefully give people out there a more fair and accurate picture of what is going on so that they can make more informed investment decisions.
all these cloners spend vast amounts of time and energy hiding and covering their tracks. Why is it a problem to know the truth ?
What are they hiding ?

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:27:58 AM

Here are a few example coin names to make FUZZY cloud around bitcoin:

bitcoino
bitconio
bitcoin2, bitcoin3, bitcoinalpha, bitcoinbeta, batcoin,. biticoin, bitacoin, botcoin
bittcoin bittycoin, bitcoim , bitkoin, ....
these aren't going to make an exchange.  the damage of misspelling coins is not a huge concern.

lots of cloned coins?  can't stop it now.  better figure out an alternate strategy.

a roving pack of killer scrypt asics will help prune out the weak in the near, dystopian future.

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 11:53:43 PM

Not even one "dev" wants to tell us all how many coins they have made and how many forum accounts ?

I bet a lot of them don't even know they posted so many Sad

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 11:59:54 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 12:13:01 AM by iGotSpots

Don't know why I even bother, but I'll bite...

Spots, Copper Bars, Tickets, and possibly one more coming soon, because I hate odd numbers, but have a good idea

I am very far from being anonymous on here. Attack them with your one GPU, try to extort me, whatever. The only person that can actually do any harm is BCX, but I believe the two of us are on good terms, and have been for quite some time. I stay out of his way and he stays out of mine

micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:42:49 AM

Sure I'll bite, I've created 3 cloned coins:

Realstackcoin: RSC  , first coin i made as a learning project for myself and also help compensate the people of the Stackcoin scam.  I joined an community and made some good friends in the process.

GPUCoin: GPUC , second coin i created after seeing 2 failed attempts at launching an interesting experiment/business model.. decided to help them create the coin so we can see the experiment in action.

Planetdollar: PDR , third coin testing out an experiment to distribute coins via facebook. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=524080.0

How much money did I make out of all of these efforts?  around -2 BTC.. worth of costs of servers, bounties and promotional payouts from my own pocket.  So yes.. very profitable business, this is... Wink  I ain't complaining this was all fun, and I'm much better off for it learning bitcoin protocol/code.

I would recommend the OP to stop blaming their financial missteps on people making coins for fun and educational purposes.  Ultimately it's not up to you.. or anyone, and you won't be able to control what happens in this market.  It's a free and open internet.. your posts, my posts.. all of our posts on this thread will have little affect on what will eventually transpire.... we are all just people wasting time on a forum (which I'm guilty of as well).  Better time spent.. looking at code..

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 12:45:51 AM

Ok so here is what the start of the guide said and the end part.. his cloning coins for profit tutorial (SHA256 edition)
Oh and by the way thanks for making a mess of our scene and making us all look bad and lowering the value of older legit coins etc Shake good job buddy.
thanks for "ushering in a whole new era of cloned coins"

Not sure why you are getting so worked up but

1. Satoshi made his code OPEN SOURCE for a reason - so that if people wanted to take it and make their own versions, they could. Having multiple SHA256 coins is not that different to having multiple browsers based on the Chromium open source browser system. Are you using Google Chrome to view this thread? Well, Google Chrome COPIED the code from Chromium, and released it under their own badge (and lots of the stuff they added slowed the browser down, but people use it because hey, marketing works in getting people to adopt your stuff).

2. There arn't that many SHA256 coins, most of the alts released are scrypt.

3. Not sure why you are so angry that Shakezula wrote an article about how to do it. This is how science works, Spoetnik - the knowledge is shared openly. It isn't hidden or buried under a load of patents.

Get a life and stop getting worked up because other people are sharing information. Shakezula hasn't broken the law of any country anywhere on earth in sharing how to code an altcoin. In any case, even if he hadn't written that article, you cannot ban information. Once it's out there, it's out there. (And who do you think you are trying to ban people from sharing information - the petty dictator of bitcoinworld? Get a life.)

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2014, 12:47:04 AM

1. Satoshi made his code OPEN SOURCE for a reason - so that if people wanted to take it and make their own versions, they could. Having multiple SHA256 coins is not that different to

Agreed this is what open source , innovation and the open internet is all about...

This is why github exists, and has an awesome "fork" button Smiley

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
powersup

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 01:04:15 AM

1. Satoshi made his code OPEN SOURCE for a reason - so that if people wanted to take it and make their own versions, they could. Having multiple SHA256 coins is not that different to

Agreed this is what open source , innovation and the open internet is all about...

+1, also the code is written in C++, one of the oldest, and arguably simple languages to understand.  The code is also written to allow simple parameter changes and to create a new unique genesis block and hence a new blockchain.  if it was Satoshi's intention to limit others from creating their own coin/blockchain he would have done things very differently.

Cyrptocoins are about consensus, individuality, voice, and thinking for yourself.
wasamata

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:02:51 AM

Yeah its real awesome, lets all lose money by saturating the market with shit coins, so all our investments go down in price.
Your a genius bro, a pure genius! May I please fork you right now ?
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 01:34:09 AM

Don't know why I even bother, but I'll bite...

Spots, Copper Bars, Tickets, and possibly one more coming soon, because I hate odd numbers, but have a good idea

I am very far from being anonymous on here. Attack them with your one GPU, try to extort me, whatever. The only person that can actually do any harm is BCX, but I believe the two of us are on good terms, and have been for quite some time. I stay out of his way and he stays out of mine

you lied non stop about having any involvement with TIX / Tickets coin and said you had changed one line on the gpu miner and compiled and released it.
only after being confronted with all kind of evidence did you admit to it on chat waaaaay after the fact
and after lying through your teeth about it endlessly for a week or two..
you kept saying over and over like a broken record that you had no idea at all who made the coin
and that some guy came along and cloned YOUR coin and modded it to make TIX
and i said well that is fishy because you made the gpu miner and had it ready to be posted publicly
on launch day and you had posted advertisements on chat non stop.. why would you advertise some other guys coin that was cloned form your previously posted coin ?
remember that ? remember lying a 1000 times ? does that make a shred of sense i kept saying..

oh and remember me saying how you guys scammed the public with flash mining it privately ?
You guys made no topic here for it anywhere near close to launch but instead created an ANN topic on Prime the cryptsy Mod's own crypto web site..
and you said YES and admitted Prime's web site had an exclusive to be able to post it first and when i pointed this out
you ran over here asap and started modding and older topic where you mentioned as you said making the coin on page 50 of some random topic..
you then went and made that unrelated topic by editing the title etc into the NOW official TIX topic to try and cover your tracks.
Meanwhile BitJohn is still telling me publicly on chat he knows who made it but won't tell me or any of us on chat who kept asking who made it..
and jeez guys.. Prime posted the ANN topic *exclusivly on his site and Mullick compiled the binaries (i was pm'd by an informant who wants to remain anonymous on that)
meanwhile ALL of you sat there lying and playing dumb and using shell acounts etc to troll on me and anyone that asked who mad the coin..
and YES i have your lying scammy ass logged hard on it so don't even think of trying to deny it.

i was not around when you finally admitted it, i think Zack or someone told me when i came back and i was stunned you finally admitted it !
and i also have chat logs to back up how worse it gets.. your a liar period.
What makes it worse is you lied SOOOOO MUCH that when you finally came clean about it, it highlighted how bad all your previous lies were !
And that goes for Cryptsy staff too who helped make the fucking coin then right along with you kept lying about it all.
and YES i have fucking logs and shitloads of witnesses who watched you sleezy pricks do it all.. you couldn't even try denying it if you wanted to !

like how you lied about not having or using any other account (back then during the TIX drama) here
other than the one you just used then later you slipped up and admitted publicly
you and others guys have been taking turns logging into the TIX account here.. YOU SAID YOURSELF
you keep getting caught lying so much its ridiculous.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: