Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:32:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sexy Question  (Read 4117 times)
Bitram

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:39:18 PM

I expected Aprils Fools joke, but i guess not Wink

Sexy Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:41:52 PM

Lads, keep your standards high. If you must partake, always practice safe hashing, especially with they whose affections are negotiable.

Sloots always gonna sloot, so be wise.

Neither literal prostitutes (ladies of the night) nor figurative prostitutes (men of the IRS) likely fully understand your precious cryptocoins as well as you do.

serenitys (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 05:23:59 PM

The point of the question or OP wasn't for a meltdown about social standards and morality - it was legitimately inspired by the article mentioned that touched on sex workers and being unable to track them, and made me wonder in light of the IRS classifying bitcoin as property, wouldn't that change the definition of "whore" since it's more closely accurate to that of "wife" - because wives generally marry for status and bank (and property) even when they've lied to themselves about what they're up to.

I am female, anti marriage, atheist and open minded about sex. I recognize human sexuality has no intrinsic value outside procreation and mating economics, I'm not a romantic sort and consider the idea of leveraging body parts against our self worth to be imbecilic and ignorant but that's how society has embraced sex and virtue because it fancies itself the masters of the universe with a special purpose and can't accept the fact we're none of those things at the end of the day - we're just mating animals trying to mate, it's not special or sweet, it's just what we do and it shouldn't have become a social commodity (nearly replacing a reproductive one).

I've got self esteem and my sense of worth is tied into what sort of person I am and not whether or not I'd have sex for money, have sex for free, have sex with more than one person, the same gender, or not at all. It's not tied to sex one way or the other, which is the most productive and healthiest approach. It hasn't got anything to do with "standards" or my virtue.

While I'm not the sort who would exchange sex for money, I've never taken issue with it and my position is that more power to ya. I'd support it any day because it's not that big a deal to me. I'd rather support legalizing prostitution than gay marriage - ONLY BECAUSE I don't think marriage should be legal or a thing at all. I'd much rather see marriage outlawed than prostitution or homosexuality  Grin

So, that's all it amounts to.  Cheesy

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
Brangdon

Activity: 365
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 06:55:04 PM

Prostitution is illegal
Not in the UK. Lots of activities around it are illegal, such as kerb-crawling and soliciting. The law is mostly geared around protecting women from being forced into prostitution, and protecting non-prostitutes from being hassled, and protection of minors. (It's not always ideal for achieving those goals.)

As an aside, one problem with Bitcoin for websites is that it doesn't have a good subscription model. There isn't infrastructure to make monthly recurring payments.

Bitcoin: 1BrangfWu2YGJ8W6xNM7u66K4YNj2mie3t Nxt: NXT-XZQ9-GRW7-7STD-ES4DB
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 07:37:12 PM

wives generally marry for status and bank (and property) even when they've lied to themselves about what they're up to.

I disagree with this statement, and find it offensive, repulsive, and disgusting.  It's quite sad that this is your concept of a committed relationship.

I've got self esteem and my sense of worth is tied into what sort of person I am and not whether or not I'd have sex for money, have sex for free, have sex with more than one person, the same gender, or not at all. It's not tied to sex one way or the other, which is the most productive and healthiest approach. It hasn't got anything to do with "standards" or my virtue.

I'm glad to hear it.  It just a shame that you choose to believe that a committed (or sexual) relationship between two people relies on one of those people "buying" the commitment (or sex) of the other one with status, bank, and/or property. And even more of a shame that you assume that men are the ones doing the buying and women are the ones doing the selling.

While I'm not naive enough to believe that there aren't any women that sell their commitment (or sex) in exchange for status, bank, and/or property, I think its quite naive and prejudiced to assume that there aren't men that do so as well, or to assume that there aren't committed (or sexual) relationships that aren't on equal standing built from an emotional connection driving mutual attraction.

serenitys (OP)

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:05:26 AM

wives generally marry for status and bank (and property) even when they've lied to themselves about what they're up to.

I disagree with this statement, and find it offensive, repulsive, and disgusting.  It's quite sad that this is your concept of a committed relationship.

I'm glad to hear it.  It just a shame that you choose to believe that a committed (or sexual) relationship between two people relies on one of those people "buying" the commitment (or sex) of the other one with status, bank, and/or property. And even more of a shame that you assume that men are the ones doing the buying and women are the ones doing the selling.

While I'm not naive enough to believe that there aren't any women that sell their commitment (or sex) in exchange for status, bank, and/or property, I think its quite naive and prejudiced to assume that there aren't men that do so as well, or to assume that there aren't committed (or sexual) relationships that aren't on equal standing built from an emotional connection driving mutual attraction.

I specifically distinguished between healthy relationships and typical females banking on marriage as their financial salvation = whores at the end of the day. Read the OP again and pay attention Smiley

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
jesse11

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Ants Rock

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:11:13 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 06:45:27 AM by jesse11

I'd totally pay for sex with Bitcoin, especially if it's completely legal.

Talk to your local pimps about accepting Bitcoin.
This Guy must be ugly as SIN LOL

I GET IT FOR FREE LOL

Mining with: BE's,BE Cubes, K16's, AntMiners U1's and AntMiners S1's
grifferz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:51:38 AM

I specifically distinguished between healthy relationships and typical females banking on marriage as their financial salvation = whores at the end of the day. Read the OP again and pay attention Smiley
I too disagree with the characterisation of "general" and "typical" females as being gold diggers, and it's your use of "generally" and "typical" that is the problem. I've also seen quite a few male gold diggers.

This is a bit of an extreme view and also not really related to Bitcoin (any more).
grosminer

Activity: 718
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:25:42 PM

lol!

Localbitcoinpimps.com ?
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:39:24 PM

I found a video of him!

The OP is a female so..
I doubt that very much, but alright.

I'm married; I've deduced that women think about sex way more than men do. Most women don't talk about their sexual thoughts freely outside of their own close (same sex) social niche.
Related:

http://www.alternet.org/sex-dawn-9-interesting-things-weve-learned-about-sex-studying-our-ancient-ancestors

http://www.salon.com/2010/06/27/sex_at_dawn_interview/

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
serenitys (OP)

Be Here Now

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 03:18:46 PM

I found a video of him!

The OP is a female so..
I doubt that very much, but alright.

I am OP and I am female Cheesy Not all women are sappy romantics who live only to get married and dress up like a princess. I got better things to do! Cheesy

Equus

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

Why the long face?

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 04:28:57 PM

I don't know where you live, but none of the wives I know (including my own) are exchanging sex for princess costumes.

If a man is demanding sex from his wife in exchange for property and giving his call girl gifts to show his devotion, then he is doing it wrong.

Good on you for being self-fulfilled and having goals outside of marriage.  I think you make a mistake by thinking that you are not typical.

-.-. -.-. -- ..-.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2791

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2014, 05:09:18 PM

Looks like someone has stumbled across the next alt coin (BTP) BitPimps   Cheesy

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: