Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:17:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reviving faded coins  (Read 1783 times)
odin99 (OP)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:20:45 PM

Lets face it. There are some coins out there that could benefit from a facelift - including recent new alt coin advancements.  Why create new coins, when old ones can be revived.

Say a coin had a reasonable launch with no pre-mine, but the dev. never got fully invested (didn't make $ b/c no premine...) and since abandoned it... now its on a couple of exchanges, but forgotten.

I have several of these coins in mind...

What is the best way to attempt a revival? (i'm not capable of being a dev).  Recruit a dev. and do a community take over and relaunch?  There has to be miners would would also help fund some of these efforts by chipping in a little.

i'm sure this has been done in the past - meow i think?

DemetriusAstroBlack

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:23:26 PM

Yea great idea lets revive --- coin.  I'm a bag holder of that exact coin and want to get more money out of it. 

Tip me BTC: 1MQ3JmX3xsnQqwEu7MB75GwxMtzKxJm4ha
coinnewbit

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:23:52 PM

Isn't there a couple of reasons why it was forgotten? For example, meow was forgotten because there was already cat and doge
ning_chang

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 11:46:47 PM

Carboncoin has been revived in the best possible way. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526031.0

Was originally a pump and dump nonsense, has now been turned into an attempt to create a carbon neutral coin that offsets the electricity spent to mine it by planting trees in England and America.

Good stuff.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:21:08 AM

Lets face it. There are some coins out there that could benefit from a facelift - including recent new alt coin advancements.  Why create new coins, when old ones can be revived.

Say a coin had a reasonable launch with no pre-mine, but the dev. never got fully invested (didn't make $ b/c no premine...) and since abandoned it... now its on a couple of exchanges, but forgotten.

I have several of these coins in mind...

What is the best way to attempt a revival? (i'm not capable of being a dev).  Recruit a dev. and do a community take over and relaunch?  There has to be miners would would also help fund some of these efforts by chipping in a little.

i'm sure this has been done in the past - meow i think?

If it had no premine or instamine and was abandoned by the dev and there is an honesty community of miners.... then yes it could and should be revived if there is a call for it.

If it was a scam from the start like earth or any other of those premined dirt bags where the dev dumped and moved on.... let it die as a lesson to premined scams so people learn their lesson.

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:33:15 AM

I say that Coinye is a good candidate for this!  Grin

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
zhouhuiyan520

Activity: 182

Community

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 12:44:26 AM

lol...I agree with you . Hope you can find a dev!!! pos

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.Sow3qFsWZYbXJBqoEJgibUjZTwYgNHoP3s
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pd7k5uwwAJYfR64VyPeuBUa49riKyTWbah
SolidStateSurvivor

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

Solo Miner Legend

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 12:54:08 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 01:15:38 AM by SolidStateSurvivor

QQC - Velocitycoin, maybe? Roll Eyes

But in all honesty, you can't revive a coin, on the mining side, when the blocksize has gone down to a fraction of what it was the first 1000,10000 or 20000 blocks. It's not really there, any more.

Founding member of Hashmeisters Inc...
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 01:10:20 AM

Add merged mining to them, so that they can still easily be secured even when prices slump because it will cost miners pretty much "nothing" to continue to keep them in their merge. That can secure the blockchain giving plenty of time to do any further improvments, refinementsm branding and so on without concerns about the whole chain beign just too insecure to be used in the real world.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
btc-mike

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 01:25:54 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2014, 01:48:03 AM by btc-mike

There is a member here that has been doing that. My take was he bought tons at 1sat, "revived" the coin that the dev skipped on, and profited. I will try to find it again.

edit - I must have dreamed this. I can't find now. I remember the member had all of the coins they revived in their signature.
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:24:02 AM

you can add value to any coin by improving and adding features and good marketing. I like this idea. 
woetohice

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:49:43 AM

There is a member here that has been doing that. My take was he bought tons at 1sat, "revived" the coin that the dev skipped on, and profited. I will try to find it again.

edit - I must have dreamed this. I can't find now. I remember the member had all of the coins they revived in their signature.

I've seen that as well.  I think maybe it was not in the alt coin section.  I can't find it either, though.
bdanyo

Activity: 322

Pandacoin (PND) development team member

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 04:24:09 AM

PM sent odin99

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:30:21 AM

Great idea, start soon before people abuse the idea.

Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:37:42 AM

I'm doing this. Find the ones under 1 satoshi that need to be traded against LTC  Cheesy

Producer
gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 04:40:31 AM

this is actual buisness
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 10:57:08 AM

I guess first of all you would need to contact developers for something like it. Also which coins you have on your mind ?

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:23:51 AM

So many dead coins, so little time.
This is a growth sector..................LOL?

btc-mike

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 06:52:08 AM

I guess first of all you would need to contact developers for something like it. Also which coins you have on your mind ?

They way I recall it from my dream (or where ever it was I saw this), contact the dev first. No answer = community takeover. New announcement post, new website, fork blockchain with necessary updates.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 11:23:26 AM

you can add value to any coin by improving and adding features and good marketing. I like this idea. 

Good marketing, primarily. And that means a lot of scut work: lobbying businesses to accept the coin, etc. If you confine your marketing to here, the best you'll end up with is another pump-and-dump.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: