Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:18:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HOC] ★ HouseofCoins | Community | Business | Power  (Read 46593 times)
BitOffer (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2014, 10:07:05 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 10:19:33 PM by BitOffer

My Hubby is working on Chinese translation as we speak. I am also getting ready for IPO at some point today as well. I am surprised it's quiet in here. This thread should be buzzing. Smiley

Ya, I'm wondering if it's because the launch is still a week off. Either way we are going full speed ahead.
Rigimon

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:10:51 PM

Seems pretty interesting

I am starving
Please donate some WC so I can buy some food.
WC: WX8vccXQ4nEhtAnMiMrMC5r95bsGpCKyth
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 12:40:05 PM

Another IPO shit scamcoin with huge premine.

No amount of words will hide the fact. Give it up.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

BitOffer (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 07:38:49 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 08:10:14 PM by BitOffer

Another IPO shit scamcoin with huge premine.

Ok, i'm not going to convince you otherwise. Some people just don't like the crowd funding model. That doesn't mean it doesn't/wont work at founding successful businesses.

This isnt like a regular IPO. I don't have control of the investors funds, the house does, and if you're concerned about getting your coins you can wait for escrow. I wouldn't be opposed to giving over "Coin Distribute Bank" control over to a (REP) member that everyone can trust either. I'm a reasonable person that will listen to reasonable offers.
BitOffer (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:37:27 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2014, 11:34:03 PM by BitOffer

Something that needs to be said, but is not easy to say ..

I'm a gpu miner. I have a small GPU farm. I will be on the front line with everyone else in the anti-asic community fighting to build up alternatives to (LTC) that will keep gpu's relevant and most important profitable. I'm also a realist. I'm in the financial business and know how to measure risk reward. Everything points to Asics taking over the (LTC) market soon. That is a fact!

The rich will take over mining scrypt coins, it's inevitable. The world is haves and have-nots. You either have asics or you don't. We all watched what happen with (BTC) gpu mining. I know script asics wont have such a great impact as btc asics did(memory requirements), but it will still take over. I want to be on the winning team. If you want to be on the winning team this is an opportunity to buy-in on your fair share of an "Knc Titan Miner"(or whatever "Asic" that passes the house's due-diligence tests). If things don't work out for some reason(always want to have a backup plan), I would hope that the house figures something else out or refunds everyone.

qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:13:17 AM

I am still waiting on some sales of coins to do my ipo part is tha to.k? I have a few more days yes? I had migraine today so not much I could do. Smiley
BitOffer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 01:40:27 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 08:50:50 AM by BitOffer

I am still waiting on some sales of coins to do my ipo part is tha to.k? I have a few more days yes? I had migraine today so not much I could do. Smiley

I just updated the (Registered Members List Page) with a "Deadline to register seats" countdown clock. It will be more accurate the closer we get to launch.
http://forum.houseofcoins.us/index.php?topic=3.0

Omnivion

Activity: 145

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 02:05:44 AM

If this coin is basically acting like a group/decentralized investment fund, I would think that proof of stake is a better fit.  If you plan to do something like buy a few asics and pay out dividends or reinvest mining returns, there's no gain from the proof of work model since there's no need for a wide distribution after the initial launch.

Proof of work only really seems to make sense if you want to use the initial funds to reinvest and grow the coin as a more widely used currency (building infrastructure and advertising), rather than just as an investment fund/store of value.  Otherwise you're diluting the coin's value over time with no real gain for doing so.

Seems like an interesting idea, have my doubts it'll take off without a clear direction though.  Also seems like it needs a permanent escrow to handle the funds, which might be hard to find.

Blockchain for Apps | Blockchain for Business | Blockchain for Future
BitOffer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:49:06 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 06:52:55 AM by BitOffer

If this coin is basically acting like a group/decentralized investment fund, I would think that proof of stake is a better fit.  If you plan to do something like buy a few asics and pay out dividends or reinvest mining returns, there's no gain from the proof of work model since there's no need for a wide distribution after the initial launch.

Proof of work only really seems to make sense if you want to use the initial funds to reinvest and grow the coin as a more widely used currency (building infrastructure and advertising), rather than just as an investment fund/store of value.  Otherwise you're diluting the coin's value over time with no real gain for doing so.

Seems like an interesting idea, have my doubts it'll take off without a clear direction though.  Also seems like it needs a permanent escrow to handle the funds, which might be hard to find.

That's exactly right. The (proof of stake) is something that I don't know so well and that is why I'm doing what I know (Proof Of Work). Right now POW is 'tried and true for me' and as a GPU miner it's what I familiar with. I'm going to look more into that now that you mention it, you are probably right, it may be a better fit. This coin only needs a small amount of miners to keep the business side up and running, but I want to see how it does with the added innovation of mining share incentivization. What I don't want to do is create another coin that just gets pumped and dumped like normal. It's just not interesting anymore, time for the next level.

Figuring out how to create a "Permanent escrow" would be an incredible accomplishment. I have thought about giving the keys to multiple benefactors, but if one of the chain links break the entire piano falls two stories high. It has to be a simple solution. Someone who is trust worthy and has a reputation to lose if the contract is broken. I have to believe that there is something that hasn't been invented yet that will do escrow in this way without added counter parties.

If I was to buy 5 "Asic Knc Titans" and something goes wrong(Knc never delivers or does a BFL) I lose or tie up $50,000. If we all put in what we can afford to lose, we wont take as big of a hit if something goes wrong. Basic risk assessment methodology. Investing in Asics has it's risks and anything we can do to off-set them should be applied strategically. There is no guarantee that Asics will have a decent "ROI"(return on investment) and I wouldn't want to put all my eggs in that basket. As an investor, I think the risk reward is good(70-90%) and worth putting 10-20% down on Asic Investments. Also having the Asics ran by the right people is also a factor. The difference between 100-200% gains over strait (LTC) mining.

youngcave

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:53:39 AM

People want Bounties so i decided to pay for them out of the %2 administration fee. I will be paid "0" for this launch.

The first Pool hoc.talesfromthescrypt.org definitely gets one.
Any translation services will get one.

The amount of bounty will be comparable to other coin launches(let me know what is fair).

I'm getting some interest on the investor/business side so everything is looking on track.

We taking the Chinese translation please..
I can get Hubby to do it this weekend and we coming in the IPO tomorrow too.. Smiley

what can you Hubby do?
lolcoind

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:14:11 AM

Reward System: Full Stratum/Vardiff system with PPLNS
Server Location: Europe / America
Pro Hardware: Connections: 10 gigabit network hypervisor/storage. Direct connection to AIMX, MSX
Storage: Fast ZFS based environment with SSD cache and 32 disks.
CPU: Xeon 64bit / 16 powerful CPU cores
Ram: 128 GB RAM.

Security:
Two different geo-locations Hot wallets (primary and instant back-up).
Offline secured cold Wallet.
Automated back-ups and warning system for operators.
Ddos protecion.
kencoles

Activity: 244

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:22:28 AM

Another IPO  scamcoin with huge premine.

BitOffer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:54:16 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 08:04:57 PM by BitOffer

Tweaks made to specs, and updates to try and prevent KGW exploit.

Initial Block Reward: 100
Block halving: 150,000
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 11:44:26 PM

Whack as fuck

qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 02:18:20 AM

People want Bounties so i decided to pay for them out of the %2 administration fee. I will be paid "0" for this launch.

The first Pool hoc.talesfromthescrypt.org definitely gets one.
Any translation services will get one.

The amount of bounty will be comparable to other coin launches(let me know what is fair).

I'm getting some interest on the investor/business side so everything is looking on track.

We taking the Chinese translation please..
I can get Hubby to do it this weekend and we coming in the IPO tomorrow too.. Smiley

what can you Hubby do?

He can translate into and from Mandarin Chinese. He is at this moment translating the ANN THREAD POST. Smiley
Hundsstern

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 03:32:22 AM

http://crycoco.de
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:53:39 AM

Tweaks made to specs, and updates to try and prevent KGW exploit.

Initial Block Reward: 100
Block halving: 150,000

The Noir Group is engaged in a model similar to this plus more, i would suggest you move away from sCrypt, while it is the easiest to clone, it is also the worst out there, either go for merged mineable sha256 or get something completely unique, if you need a suggestion on which algo to use, jus PM me and i'll tell you free of charge, would like to see how far you can go using the same model as us.
btcsnippers

Activity: 217

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 06:59:58 AM

Is the stackcoin gif banned ?

entering into this Ipo without having his First born as collateral is madness.
btcsnippers

Activity: 217

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:53:39 AM

Seems like an interesting idea, have my doubts it'll take off without a clear direction though.  Also seems like it needs a permanent escrow to handle the funds, which might be hard to find.

That's exactly right. The (proof of stake) is something that I don't know so well and that is why I'm doing what I know (Proof Of Work). Right now POW is 'tried and true for me' and as a GPU miner it's what I familiar with. I'm going to look more into that now that you mention it, you are probably right, it may be a better fit. This coin only needs a small amount of miners to keep the business side up and running, but I want to see how it does with the added innovation of mining share incentivization. What I don't want to do is create another coin that just gets pumped and dumped like normal. It's just not interesting anymore, time for the next level.

Figuring out how to create a "Permanent escrow" would be an incredible accomplishment. I have thought about giving the keys to multiple benefactors, but if one of the chain links break the entire piano falls two stories high. It has to be a simple solution. Someone who is trust worthy and has a reputation to lose if the contract is broken. I have to believe that there is something that hasn't been invented yet that will do escrow in this way without added counter parties.

If I was to buy 5 "Asic Knc Titans" and something goes wrong(Knc never delivers or does a BFL) I lose or tie up $50,000. If we all put in what we can afford to lose, we wont take as big of a hit if something goes wrong. Basic risk assessment methodology. Investing in Asics has it's risks and anything we can do to off-set them should be applied strategically. There is no guarantee that Asics will have a decent "ROI"(return on investment) and I wouldn't want to put all my eggs in that basket. As an investor, I think the risk reward is good(70-90%) and worth putting 10-20% down on Asic Investments. Also having the Asics ran by the right people is also a factor. The difference between 100-200% gains over strait (LTC) mining.

people are going to give you 50.000 Usd Are u for real??
you want 50k upfront and you say your'e barely able to do a vanilla copy paste so u cant do a Pos  coin what makes a lot more sense for this model.
and we would all have to trust you with the 50k and If as you say the machines dont arrive thats just to bad.. and the "If we all put in what we can afford to lose" OMFG .
BitOffer (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:12:26 AM

Other coin models I'm watching are having trouble with KGW exploits causing the blockchain to freeze. I'm going to remove it from this coin. I don't want the interruption, as I'm not planning on forking this any time soon. I'm multipool friendly so its no big deal to me anyway. Specs are going to be very similar to the proven solid (BTC), except half the coins will be pre allocated. This fits with what I'm trying to design system wise. It's my decision until the house takes over.

Just an update and bump... I'll read and respond to messages&posts tomorrow
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: