Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:44:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CgminerMonitor.com - cloud monitor for all your miners!  (Read 23325 times)
chrison999

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:11:04 PM

Thanks for the clarification.  The website and client instructions were fairly clear, but I wanted to confirm how I was interpreting things.

In my case I'm using 1 Raspberry Pi to manage 6 rigs - one Gridseed rig and 5 GAWMiner Fury rigs - so I'm running 6 instances of the client.  When I do "ps -A | grep miner" I get this output:

1206 pts/0    00:00:05 cgminer01
 1212 pts/1    00:00:03 cgminer01
 1218 pts/2    00:00:03 cgminer01
 1227 pts/3    00:00:03 cgminer01
 1998 pts/5    00:00:26 cgminer-gridsee
 2176 pts/7    00:00:29 CgminerMonitorC
 2184 pts/9    00:00:28 CgminerMonitorC
 2191 pts/10   00:00:28 CgminerMonitorC
 2199 pts/11   00:00:28 CgminerMonitorC
 2205 pts/12   00:00:30 CgminerMonitorC
 2355 pts/6    00:00:27 CgminerMonitorC
 2497 pts/13   00:00:01 cgminer01

The lines that say "cgminer01" is a version of cgminer for running the Furys, and the line that says "cgminer-gridsee" is of course the gridseed rig.  So, what I need is to be able to differentiate which cgminer is for which rig when I'm using  the cgminer start, stop and restart features.  When the computer boots, the bash script I've created does this based on the config file name (each rig has a different config file, for instance cgminer-gridseed.conf).  Can I do this in my config file for CgminerMonitor client?  If so, how?

Btw, I can live with the "WorkerRebootCmd" and "WorkerShutdownCmd" functions rebooting the computer and all six rigs...  I just gotta remember that that's what it does.  Wink

Thanks for your help...

Regards,

Chris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chrison999

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 03:18:23 PM

Btw, there's one other remote control feature that would be very handy...  resetting the statistics for a miner.  Sometimes, when there's a problem with a rig I tinker with various settings and then I reset the stats by hitting "D" and then "Z" to see if the changes have effected anything.  Sure, I could stop/restart the rig and the stats would reset, but that interrupts the mining for a minute or two so just resetting the stats is quicker/easier.

Can that feature be added in a future release?

Thanks!

Chris
cgminermonitor (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 01:19:28 PM

Thanks for the clarification.  The website and client instructions were fairly clear, but I wanted to confirm how I was interpreting things.

In my case I'm using 1 Raspberry Pi to manage 6 rigs - one Gridseed rig and 5 GAWMiner Fury rigs - so I'm running 6 instances of the client.  When I do "ps -A | grep miner" I get this output:

1206 pts/0    00:00:05 cgminer01
 1212 pts/1    00:00:03 cgminer01
 1218 pts/2    00:00:03 cgminer01
 1227 pts/3    00:00:03 cgminer01
 1998 pts/5    00:00:26 cgminer-gridsee
 2176 pts/7    00:00:29 CgminerMonitorC
 2184 pts/9    00:00:28 CgminerMonitorC
 2191 pts/10   00:00:28 CgminerMonitorC
 2199 pts/11   00:00:28 CgminerMonitorC
 2205 pts/12   00:00:30 CgminerMonitorC
 2355 pts/6    00:00:27 CgminerMonitorC
 2497 pts/13   00:00:01 cgminer01

The lines that say "cgminer01" is a version of cgminer for running the Furys, and the line that says "cgminer-gridsee" is of course the gridseed rig.  So, what I need is to be able to differentiate which cgminer is for which rig when I'm using  the cgminer start, stop and restart features.  When the computer boots, the bash script I've created does this based on the config file name (each rig has a different config file, for instance cgminer-gridseed.conf).  Can I do this in my config file for CgminerMonitor client?  If so, how?

Btw, I can live with the "WorkerRebootCmd" and "WorkerShutdownCmd" functions rebooting the computer and all six rigs...  I just gotta remember that that's what it does.  Wink

Thanks for your help...

Regards,

Chris

The best solution would be to change cgminer01 process name for each rig. You can just create multiple copies of cgminer with different name making the process name different. E.g. cgminer01, cgminer02, cgminer03 which would be run by your scripts. Then just specify appropriate name in CgminerMonitorClient config (or change CgminerProcessName and CgminerKillCmd parameters).

Btw, there's one other remote control feature that would be very handy...  resetting the statistics for a miner.  Sometimes, when there's a problem with a rig I tinker with various settings and then I reset the stats by hitting "D" and then "Z" to see if the changes have effected anything.  Sure, I could stop/restart the rig and the stats would reset, but that interrupts the mining for a minute or two so just resetting the stats is quicker/easier.

Can that feature be added in a future release?

Thanks!

Chris

As far as I can see on this site: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/API-README
Cgminer doesn't allow to do that by API... Therefore I am afraid I can't deliver that feature for you.
chrison999

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:14:11 PM

The best solution would be to change cgminer01 process name for each rig. You can just create multiple copies of cgminer with different name making the process name different. E.g. cgminer01, cgminer02, cgminer03 which would be run by your scripts. Then just specify appropriate name in CgminerMonitorClient config (or change CgminerProcessName and CgminerKillCmd parameters).

Yeah, I thought of that last night.  It means having to rework my scripts a bit, but that should do it.  Thanks!

As far as I can see on this site: https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/API-README
Cgminer doesn't allow to do that by API... Therefore I am afraid I can't deliver that feature for you.

Too bad cuz that would be *really* cool!  Thanks for checking, though.

Regards,

Still loving CgminerMonitor!  VERY nice!

Regards

Chris
cgminermonitor (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 12:44:49 PM

Hello coinme.info, I've just sent a request for info to Bitmain technologies, I'll get back to you with additional information from them.

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing CgminerMonitor working on the Antminer S1!
I've just received response, that Bitmain miners support cgminer API. Can you tell me if Antminer is visible under 127.0.0.1 or it has own IP address? In that case, I will introduce another config parameter and everything should be ok.
Could you check that please? Unfortunately I don't have any Antminers... so I have no idea how it looks like.
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 12:46:35 PM

Hello coinme.info, I've just sent a request for info to Bitmain technologies, I'll get back to you with additional information from them.

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing CgminerMonitor working on the Antminer S1!
I've just received response, that Bitmain miners support cgminer API. Can you tell me if Antminer is visible under 127.0.0.1 or it has own IP address? In that case, I will introduce another config parameter and everything should be ok.
Could you check that please? Unfortunately I don't have any Antminers... so I have no idea how it looks like.

Hi i have a few i can test
leave it with me and i will have a go
cgminermonitor (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 12:25:51 AM

Cool! How it's going?

BTW. just published new worker details page (looks like kind of web interface for cgminer Smiley):

You can display worker details by clicking on worker name on dashboard or by visiting http://cgminermonitor.com/Settings/Workers page
chrison999

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:18:46 PM

Nice!  I like it!

Chris
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:21:51 PM

Cool! How it's going?

BTW. just published new worker details page (looks like kind of web interface for cgminer Smiley):

You can display worker details by clicking on worker name on dashboard or by visiting http://cgminermonitor.com/Settings/Workers page

I just got to say

WELL DONE TOP JOB VERY NICE

tuanvie

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 06:58:02 PM

require the hosting itself to use this?
or simply fill in some data and direct connect?

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
cgminermonitor (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:22:10 PM

require the hosting itself to use this?
or simply fill in some data and direct connect?
No need to host anything on your machines. Simply run CgminerMonitorClient along with cgminer. More info here: http://cgminermonitor.com/GetStarted
Kifissia

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:14:30 AM

Excellent service! I ve been using it for quite some time.

One thing though, one of my computers is not reporting hardware stats. Any idea what could be wrong?
cgminermonitor (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:23:40 PM

Excellent service! I ve been using it for quite some time.

One thing though, one of my computers is not reporting hardware stats. Any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks!
Any error messages? Maybe you are using linux? There is currently no hardware stats on linux machines.
Kifissia

Activity: 81

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 04:37:57 PM

No, Windows ofc, I always read the faq Smiley

Only error is that it says:

Error occurred while sending StatHardware data.

When running it with -v it says:

Error code: UE, Message: Wrong Input Data
itraxe

Activity: 264
Merit: 252

alt coins trader/miner.

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:50:45 AM

do massive controlling for rigs

i have 50 rigs on pimp

and its hardly to change pool on all of them

or change configs on alls rigs

cgminermonitor (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:11:18 PM

i have 50 rigs on pimp

Could you explain what do you mean? The site is slow or you need additional functionality?

No, Windows ofc, I always read the faq Smiley

Only error is that it says:

Error occurred while sending StatHardware data.

When running it with -v it says:

Error code: UE, Message: Wrong Input Data
I will update the client to allow me to figure out what is going on. For now there was no problems with that..
chrison999

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:13:28 PM

Could someone post a config file for version 0.0.7.0 please?  I had to re-install everything and lost my configs, and now I'm not completely sure what each parameter means and what should go in them.

Thanks.

Chris

P.S.  Maybe you could update the config.md file in the doc directory for the next release too?
cgminermonitor (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:24:47 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 02:57:22 PM by cgminermonitor

i have 50 rigs on pimp

I've added 'select all'/'deselect all' options on http://cgminermonitor.com/WorkerRemoteControl/Manage page. Hope you will like it.

I just finished getting CgminerMonitor running on my Raspberry Pi that's controlling 3 gridseeds and 5 GAWMiners furys.  Looks great, although there is a display problem with the chart for CrazyCanuck Rig #2A for some reason:

http://tinyurl.com/CrazyCanuck

Any ideas how to fix that minor glitch?

Thanks!

Chris

Chris, thanks for reporting that! I'll fix that as soon as remote management will be published.
I've just fixed that glitch. Your dashboard looks perfect now Smiley

Could someone post a config file for version 0.0.7.0 please?  I had to re-install everything and lost my configs, and now I'm not completely sure what each parameter means and what should go in them.

Thanks.

Chris

P.S.  Maybe you could update the config.md file in the doc directory for the next release too?
Thanks for information about config.md, I'll update it soon. Here is example config file:

Code:
{
  "ClientVersion": "0.0.7.0",
  "CgminerPort": 4028,
  "WorkerApiKey": "2ef2ef2ef2ef2ef2ef2ef2ef2ef2ef2e",
  "CgminerProcessName": "cgminer",
  "ControlOptions": {
    "AllowWorkerPowerControl": true,
    "AllowCgminerPowerControl": true,
    "AllowCgminerConfigReadingAndWriting": true,
    "AllowCgminerControl": true,
    "CgminerStartCmd": "sh -c '/home/xxx/Dropbox/miners/cgminer/manualmine_xxx.sh'",
    "CgminerKillCmd": "pkill -9 \"cgminer\"",
    "CgminerConfigFileLocation": "/home/xxx/Dropbox/miners/cgminer/cgminer_xxx.conf",
    "WorkerRebootCmd": "shutdown -r 1",
    "WorkerShutdownCmd": "shutdown -p 1",
    "RootPrivilegesCmd": "whoami",
    "RootPrivilegesCmdResult": "root"
  }
}

Edit: just updated config.md: https://github.com/cgminermonitor/cgminermonitorclient/blob/master/doc/config.md
chrison999

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:21:16 PM

Quote from: cgminermonitor
I just finished getting CgminerMonitor running on my Raspberry Pi that's controlling 3 gridseeds and 5 GAWMiners furys.  Looks great, although there is a display problem with the chart for CrazyCanuck Rig #2A for some reason:

Thanks!

Chris

Chris, thanks for reporting that! I'll fix that as soon as remote management will be published.

Thanks for the info on the config file...  that's really helpful.  However, I'm still having issues with the graph display:

http://imgur.com/Qfm2Ecj

Thanks again...

Regards,

Chris
cgminermonitor (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:47:22 PM

Quote from: cgminermonitor

Thanks!

Chris

Thanks for the info on the config file...  that's really helpful.  However, I'm still having issues with the graph display:

http://imgur.com/Qfm2Ecj

Thanks again...

Regards,

Chris

Please log out and log in. If you have still issues, press Ctrl+F5 to "hard refresh" the website (while being on dashboard page).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: