Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:05:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: [POLL] Would you support a Litecoin Hardfork to X11 (or other) to prevent ASIC.
Yes.
No.
Not sure.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Would you support a Litecoin Hardfork to X11 (or other) to prevent ASIC.  (Read 691 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:07:16 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 05:44:17 AM by digitalindustry

Unfortunately the other topic was locked, this is not in keeping with to open way in which a community crypto functions and I think the discussion should continue.

I personally think that a hard fork could benifit the most in the long term.

-  with either X11 or a derivative of it with a Ramdom function adding a significant amount of resistance and handing mining back to CPU GPU feilds

- Major point no one talks about, a hard fork would hurt confidence in ASIC supporters because if it was done once who will take the significant risk that it does not happen again ?

- the real X11 miner does not have the % advantage over the released one compared to either ASICs or CPU v GPU at the start of LTCs life , and the real miner will be quickly optimized by the community, meaning the field will be reset essentially.  

- this would drive ASIC underground and into obscurity, providing the benefits to the larger part of the community.

Discuss,  this topic is here so the community can have a voice, the largest segment cant be silenced and that is the GPU and CPU miners.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:13:45 AM

Unfortunately the other topic was locked, this is not in keeping with to open way in which a community crypto functions and I think the discussion should continue.

-  with either X11 or a derivative of it with a Ramdom function adding a significant amount of resistance and handing mi ing back to CPU GPU feilds

- Major point no one talks about, a hard fork would hurt confidence in ASIC supporters because if it was done once who will take the significant risk that it does not happen again ?

- the real X11 miner does not have the % advantage over the released one compared to either ASICs or CPU v GPU at the start of LTCs life , and the real miner will be quickly optimized by the community, meaning the field will be reset essentially. 

- this would drive ASIC underground and into obscurity, providing the benefits to the larger part of the community.

Discuss,  this topic is here so the community can have a voice, the largest segment cant be silenced and that is the GPU and CPU miners.

Has anyone ever converted a scrypt coin to x11 or QRK algo before?

would the switch have to happen like adt's swap over? or as simple as downloading  a new QT and off we go?

Also isn't x11 just the latest fad, how is it actually better than any other multi algo like qrk or whatever?

What about x22 are there 22 algos that can be thrown together?  is more better?

iopq

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:18:01 AM

How about a new algorithm to further fragment cryptos? So something like Groestl x Blake

even if you do fork the network the old litecoins will still be on their own network so you'd have to change the name of the currency
maybe LiterCoin

you'd probably want to change stuff so it doesn't try to connect to old Litecoin peers either
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:24:06 AM

Miners don't buy they dump, traders buy, traders will buy LTC if its stays as is, asics or no asics, change to X11 crappiness and they'll dump.

In any case you can argue this forever, simple fact is it ain't going to happen.
memecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:31:45 AM

Why is everyone so afraid of ASICs?

Am I spamming? Report me!
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:37:00 AM

Litecoin, no way! Don't mess with such a structural coin.

Secondary or experimental coins, maybe. And to hefty or keccak. Low power PoW, Cuda and OpenCL support for these, only OCL for X11.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
jollyriffic

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 02:48:04 AM

Why is everyone so afraid of ASICs?

all asic will do is make the coins value go up along with the diff.
but they can simply move to another coin with less hash.. not sure why everyone is freaking out.. i'm happy about it and i only mine with a 7950.
think i'm one of the very few people that understand that asic will do nothing but help the market for any scrypt coin.
cant wait till -n gets asic, can finally stop sitting on these coins i've minded.

UVC: Uc4hCM76fL8iQWgDJE34QA6hrnp2rGTq43    
EMC2: EKwkYKT6LE79ywhKhQtgqkbzcDhzRoB5kP   LTC: LZ7ffsTS93pR5cSZ9KMQMVunkEHRtPrZn9   
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 02:51:57 AM

-  with either X11 or a derivative of it with a Ramdom function adding a significant amount of resistance and handing mi ing back to CPU GPU feilds

Discuss,  this topic is here so the community can have a voice, the largest segment cant be silenced and that is the GPU and CPU miners.

Has anyone ever converted a scrypt coin to x11 or QRK algo before?

would the switch have to happen like adt's swap over? or as simple as downloading  a new QT and off we go?

Also isn't x11 just the latest fad, how is it actually better than any other multi algo like qrk or whatever?

What about x22 are there 22 algos that can be thrown together?  is more better?

I agree, "X11" means multi algorithm cPoW basically Quark and SIF were the first of such .

The point being the Sgminer can generally mine them all as long as it supports the C algos .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:01:14 AM

Yes I would support it. Nothing out there is profitable on X11 to mine. Even DRK is going down in value.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: