Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:01:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why me and a bunch of others believe in Auroracoin  (Read 1230 times)
marine4u

Activity: 673
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 07:36:19 PM

I'm in the same boat as OP.. sold at around $70, but have recently bought back at $3.

I still fundamentally believe in the AUR network as a currency for iceland, and maybe that region.  Mostly based from the activities I see on Facebook with AUR trades on secondary market goods.. i think it's found a niche to start with..

Now .. I don't know if that means the value should be $3 or 10 cents... but i've bought back the coins that i sold at $3 just because i think it's a cool experiment..  so.. go go AUR Smiley

I believe the price will go further down, as more air-drop progresses less than 10 cents as people get them for free without any expense, they will just sell it at lower and lower racing it down to get actual cash. It will take years after that to recover if ever.

I still find it troubling to understand how people get involved with this "currency" knowing the inevitable and still have faith in it.
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:27:37 PM

they will just sell it at lower and lower racing it down to get actual cash.

It seems though that there's no indication that's actually happening... it seems that the icelandic people that are receiving these coins, are actually using this to trade for goods without cashing it out.  It seems to me that they are being made believers of using cryptos and holding on to them..

I guess the market will reflect what is the reality, but my guess is that these guys are not in a hurry just to cash out to BTC/USD...

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
Canaanite (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:33:12 PM

It seems though that there's no indication that's actually happening... it seems that the icelandic people that are receiving these coins, are actually using this to trade for goods without cashing it out.  It seems to me that they are being made believers of using cryptos and holding on to them..

I guess the market will reflect what is the reality, but my guess is that these guys are not in a hurry just to cash out to BTC/USD...

+1
I also think that the market is being led by few whales who decide on the price and try to make some money on us
there is no way knowing what is the real value of AUR. we will have to wait for consistent higher volume of trade
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 09:42:01 PM

+1
I also think that the market is being led by few whales who decide on the price and try to make some money on us
there is no way knowing what is the real value of AUR. we will have to wait for consistent higher volume of trade

it will crash lower no doubt, even if they decide to look into crypto they will probably trade into something better.

micryon

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 09:49:19 PM

it will crash lower no doubt, even if they decide to look into crypto they will probably trade into something better.

Although that's possible.. it's also possible that a nationalism sentiment could be in play here that will make them want to choose AUR over other admittedly more established cryptos (like LTC/BTC).  Could go either way, i agree..

All i know is that i haven't seen anyone actually buy anything with BTC/LTC without cashing into USD via bitpay/coinbase/exchange of some kind...

But I *do* see the people of iceland buying things DIRECT using AUR without cashing out to fiat.. (Now admittedly i haven't been here all that long..) But imo, it means something to me... that's my rationalization anyhow Smiley

NationOwnedCCNow

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 10:49:00 PM

I'm not really sure when or where i first heard about AUR but hell Yeah! Actually, it was on the 25th. Anyway, this CC has the potential to be the sht. Ofcourse a lot of People gonna cash out but as the price drops, who really cares to do it? Why Waste Your coins for a buck and a half when it has potential to be a ton more in the Close OR far future.

But, in the end, it's up to the icelanders. I do however strongly believe they have what it takes to Wake up and realize the opportunity. They suffered from the 08 crash more than anyone in Europe and they actually JAILED their criminals instead of throwing more Money at them like all other countries. Well you know all this so ill just stfu.

AUR nr 2 CC by end of 2014 is my prediction and opinion.
micryon

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 11:06:59 PM

But, in the end, it's up to the icelanders. I do however strongly believe they have what it takes to Wake up and realize the opportunity. They suffered from the 08 crash more than anyone in Europe and they actually JAILED their criminals instead of throwing more Money at them like all other countries. Well you know all this so ill just stfu.

That aligns with my thoughts as well.. go go icelanders! Smiley

Canaanite (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 09:16:01 AM

+1

I would like to know what is better?
Im always looking for a good investment as long as its really good, innovative and with a real potential (not a ponzi/pump&dump)
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:10:32 PM

Any any reason to believe Isracoin wont end up like Auroracoin / Mazracoin?
SuperKing

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:07:38 PM

I wish I can still believe.
But the price is hit me again and again recently.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. T4RUpqFJdQ627N4HJSXxUqDn4qCveZ4Qs5
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: