Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:41:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Major correction to rally coming...  (Read 11016 times)
panerai

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 10:01:29 PM

It may still touch $5 before end of year. I'm shorting now, waiting for a big dump in the $4-4.15 range.

"I'm shorting now?"
you need to keep up, that was so 10 minutes ago lol

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ineededausername (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 10:02:21 PM

It may still touch $5 before end of year. I'm shorting now, waiting for a big dump in the $4-4.15 range.

"I'm shorting now?"
you need to keep up, that was so 10 minutes ago lol

look guys, a daytrader on bitcoinica!  :O

(BFL)^2 < 0
Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 10:02:39 PM

Come on, baby!  Keep on correcting!!

Mousepotato
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 10:09:46 PM

Is it just me, or can't I buy more Bitcoins on Bitcoinica to go long with? It says "No Reserve" when I place an order. Are so many people long that it actually drained their Mtgox account completely from all their USD? :p Roll Eyes Pretty Bullish sign isn't it?

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
smickles

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 10:11:37 PM

My oscillator is showing some scary divergence on the 480 minute chart, and has almost established a peak on the daily chart Sad
I wonder if that means the rally is almost over.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 10:16:35 PM

Is it just me, or can't I buy more Bitcoins on Bitcoinica to go long with? It says "No Reserve" when I place an order. Are so many people long that it actually drained their Mtgox account completely from all their USD? :p Roll Eyes Pretty Bullish sign isn't it?

If that's the case, it indicates bullishness among bitcoinica users, but it is a tempting opportunity for anyone with the funds to try and squeeze those longs.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 10:50:07 PM

If that's the case, it indicates bullishness among bitcoinica users, but it is a tempting opportunity for anyone with the funds to try and squeeze those longs.

What the hell. A friend of mine can't even liquidate his short because of the "no reserve" error. Sucks being stuck with a short if you think the market is going to go up...

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 10:51:42 PM

What the hell. A friend of mine can't even liquidate his short because of the "no reserve" error. Sucks being stuck with a short if you think the market is going to go up...

Are you kidding me?
smickles

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 10:52:57 PM

This would be upsetting if it weren't hearsay

Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 10:53:45 PM

Are you kidding me?

Nope. And there seem to be more people with the same problem: http://help.bitcoinica.com/discussions/questions/48-no-reserve

Looks like their entire balance is currently in BTC, preventing everyone from going long or from liquidating their shorts...

ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 10:55:34 PM

Are you kidding me?

Nope. And there seem to be more people with the same problem: http://help.bitcoinica.com/discussions/questions/48-no-reserve

Looks like their entire balance is currently in BTC, preventing everyone from going long or from liquidating their shorts...

hahahahahaha!  bullish sign.  When zhoutong gets more float, we are going to see a massive spike.

(BFL)^2 < 0
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 10:59:03 PM

Here's two orders. One I tried to go long for 1BTC, which didn't work. Then I went short for 0.1BTC as a test, which did work. When I tried to liquidate the position, another order of 0.1BTC showed up, which again isn't able to go through.

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 11:00:26 PM

Huh, and I was just wondering why the volume on Mt. Gox is so low despite the interesting situation. Just how much of the trading on Gox does Bitcoinica drive these days?

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 11:01:31 PM

Huh, and I was just wondering why the volume on Mt. Gox is so low despite the interesting situation. Just how much of the trading on Gox does Bitcoinica drive these days?

They are responsible for roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of Mtgox's volume.

smickles

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2011, 11:19:38 PM

<snip>

Here's two orders. One I tried to go long for 1BTC, which didn't work. Then I went short for 0.1BTC as a test, which did work. When I tried to liquidate the position, another order of 0.1BTC showed up, which again isn't able to go through.
Huh Shocked

ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 11:20:20 PM

zhoutong better fix this ASAP.

(BFL)^2 < 0
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
December 28, 2011, 11:24:58 PM

zhoutong better fix this ASAP.

How? If Bitcoinica's out of USD, they either need to get a loan somewhere or some longs need to be liquidated. Before long, the latter will happen, but it's an interesting question how the folks left hanging onto their shorts will be dealt with if the rates go up before things balance out.

Or am I completely missing something here?

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 12:09:19 AM

The only way to fix this is involves selling a large amount of btc in order to restore bitcoinica's USD reserve.
I think that bid wall is going to get eaten up pretty soon.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
ineededausername (OP)

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 29, 2011, 12:09:57 AM

Repost:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55931.0
Official Bitcoinica statement: they aren't actually out of funds, and the problem will be fixed in a couple of hours.  

(BFL)^2 < 0
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2011, 12:12:08 AM

Repost:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55931.0
Official Bitcoinica statement: they aren't actually out of funds, and the problem will be fixed in a couple of hours.  

Why is the official bitcoinica line coming via you and not bitcoinica themselves? Did you contact them about this or did you hear about it elsewhere? So is this for sure a software problem? I wonder if they are going to 'fix' it by selling a ton of btc.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: