Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2026, 11:29:20 PM *
News: Serious possible issue involving Ledger hardware wallets and CryptoBilis
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]
  Print  
Author Topic: [TOOL] ⭐Bitcointalk BRDb score  (Read 9975 times)
LoyceV
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 4186
Merit: 22932


Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021


View Profile WWW
October 09, 2026, 07:15:54 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2026, 09:30:20 AM by Mitchell
Merited by vapourminer (1), Mitchell (1)
 #601

Apart from reading the laptop’s technical specifications, how do you actually measure the laptop’s total power consumption? Do you use a multimeter?
I have a "Tapo Smart Plug", but it's easier to check the current energy consumption (in W) on my grid energy meter, then pull the plug on the laptop and see the difference. That's the amount I'm actually paying for.
Another rough estimate: check the remaining battery capacity (in Wh), mentioned by your OS, and see how many hours it lasts on battery.

I think it's time to end this - very interesting - discussion on low power hardware in Meta Tongue Feel free to create a topic about it and mention me there to continue.

[mod note: Mitchell agrees]

¡uʍop ǝpᴉsdn pɐǝɥ ɹnoʎ ɥʇᴉʍ ʎuunɟ ʞool no⅄
[MUSIC] The Ballad of LoyceV
*Ace* (OP)
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 560
Merit: 1153



View Profile
Today at 05:55:19 PM
 #602

So the monthly cost for everything is around €9.50, more or less this should be the cost, I have not converted the cost of the domain into euros

I'm not any expert, but I think $10 is a good number! Even my electricity bill comes down to $25-40 (monthly), and my wifi costs around $8-10, so this is most likely a good deal.

Now if you have a good enough desktop, you can reduce the cost of VPS by running your own VPS. Although, the setup would require non-stop internet, electricity and backup power in case of power outage and a bit of technicality, but it's definitely possible. I believe you have already experimented something similar with your mobile device. Am I correct?

But again, you already have a good numbers on the cost, and running your own VPS might be a hassle! Anywway, you could always experiment, to quench your curiosity! That door is always open!

I just love testing out new things you know. Unlocking the bootloader, flashing custom recovery, then CustomOS, rooting my device via Magisk or KernelSU, even installing Kali Linux one time (on a mobile device). I have tried all sorts of weird things.  Tongue

Yes, your idea is not bad, and it could be much more convenient for me, but it would increase my commitments enormously, and we only have one PC in the family, so I should buy one specifically for this purpose. I had a Raspberry Pi but it passed away this summer. There are many things to consider before turning a PC into a server.

I think less than €10 is an acceptable amount to manage a website.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!