Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:55:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 according to the Mayan calendar  (Read 5335 times)
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 31, 2011, 01:23:41 PM

I hope you know someone called John Connor

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2012, 01:39:23 AM

I hope you know someone called John Connor

Because everything that happens in movies is real...  Roll Eyes
I for one am a huge proponent of Ray Kurzweil's theories on the singularity.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 01:46:40 AM

Here's my guess as to why 2012 will have a large impact on humanity:

1)  Astrological changes lead to slight gravitational changes in our solar system.
2)  Our thoughts have mass.
3)  Our thought processes will be significantly affected by this change in gravity.  But, since this change will be distributed to everything contained in our solar system ('system' being the key word), we will be largely unaware of this shift due to relative, observable stability.
4)  Slow revolution of human consciousness begins (though I think it would be more accurate to say this change has already been occurring).
Shashi Yakuza

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 04:04:29 AM

Happy Year The Last to all. May all your wealth be counted in bitcoins and may they be your only legacy.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 08:51:01 PM

We are on our way into a great future.

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 08:51:56 PM

1)  Astrological changes lead to slight gravitational changes in our solar system.
3)  Our thought processes will be significantly affected by this change in gravity.  But, since this change will be distributed to everything contained in our solar system ('system' being the key word), we will be largely unaware of this shift due to relative, observable stability.
4)  Slow revolution of human consciousness begins (though I think it would be more accurate to say this change has already been occurring).

I don't have a great sarcasm detector... are you serious or just trolling? Tongue

(BFL)^2 < 0
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2012, 09:12:51 PM

I don't have a great sarcasm detector... are you serious or just trolling? Tongue

It's a serious guess, but of course I'm not saying it's definitive.
TheHeroMember (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2012, 04:57:30 AM

Idiocracy level will increase in 2012, i guess.  Grin

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2012, 05:19:44 AM

It's not the end of time, it's the end of the age!

We are exiting the age of pisces and entering the age of aquarius.

http://www.accessnewage.com/articles/astro/ageaq1.htm

Watch these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZgT1SRcrKE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY8HOx8qLBo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB4TPZ4UjmM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnvY991byTU
TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 07:52:41 AM

I didn't know that you are an astronomer.

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 12:52:16 PM

That's not astronomy.  It's astrology, astronomy is science and astrology is voodoo. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Swishercutter

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 05:26:21 PM

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/reality-check/201112/what-you-should-know-about-2012-answers-13-questions
TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 02:29:23 AM

That's not astronomy.  It's astrology, astronomy is science and astrology is voodoo. 

Astrologist, yup that's what i mean, the science/study of stars.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 05:16:22 AM

I'd bet money astrology isn't bogus.

And, I'd bet a lot of it.
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2012, 06:12:04 AM

Did your horoscope tell you that you would come into a lot of money or something?

Honestly... it's utter hogwash! Nothing more than pompous pseudoscience. There is nothing that astrology explains that astronomy, a proper scientific field, cannot explain with greater clarity and precision, minus all the supernatural drippings.

Astrology is not what you mean.

Astrology is all about crap like horoscopes and predicting effects on the earth caused by the orientation of the stars and the constellations and blah blah blah. As in, 'you are especially fertile on the 3rd tuesday of february because the constellation of orion intersects perpendicularly with your ball sac' ... etc.

Astronomy is the scientific study of celestial bodies, you know... with telescopes, and math, and all those fancy supercomputers.
Astrologists on the other hand have crystal balls, tarot cards and jackasses who claim to have 'psychic' powers.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2012, 12:30:27 PM

Did your horoscope tell you that you would come into a lot of money or something?

Honestly... it's utter hogwash! Nothing more than pompous pseudoscience. There is nothing that astrology explains that astronomy, a proper scientific field, cannot explain with greater clarity and precision, minus all the supernatural drippings.

Astrology is all about crap like horoscopes and predicting effects on the earth caused by the orientation of the stars and the constellations and blah blah blah. As in, 'you are especially fertile on the 3rd tuesday of february because the constellation of orion intersects perpendicularly with your ball sac' ... etc.

Astronomy is the scientific study of celestial bodies, you know... with telescopes, and math, and all those fancy supercomputers.
Astrologists on the other hand have crystal balls, tarot cards and jackasses who claim to have 'psychic' powers.

You need to get out more. 
TheHeroMember (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 04:22:12 AM

Astrology isn't just fortune telling.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 06:56:21 AM

Astrology isn't just fortune telling.

Bingo.  When you spend enough time looking at the sky, even without a telescope if you aren't presently distracted by all the high tech shit in Western society (live for a few decades in a 3rd world country where there are no city lights clouding the sky), you'll see things a different way.  Mayans, Egyptians, and Sumerians got pretty goddamn accurate with their "astrology" if you ask me.

It's like if I were to say I can't see with my ears.  Ask a blind person.

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2012, 07:50:57 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2012, 12:50:15 PM by BadBear

Bingo.  When you spend enough time looking at the sky, even without a telescope if you aren't presently distracted by all the high tech shit in Western society (live for a few decades in a 3rd world country where there are no city lights clouding the sky), you'll see things a different way.  Mayans, Egyptians, and Sumerians got pretty goddamn accurate with their "astrology" if you ask me.

It's like if I were to say I can't see with my ears.  Ask a blind person.

Please feel free to enlighten us, and try to refrain from analogies like "seeing with your ears".  And don't bring older cultures into it, back in that time period astrology and astronomy were linked and almost interchangeable in their usage.  

At the end of the 17th century, new scientific concepts in astronomy (such as heliocentrism) began to damage the credibility of astrology, which subsequently lost its academic and theoretical standing. Astrology saw a popular revival in the 19th and 20th centuries as part of a general revival of spiritualism and later New Age philosophy, and through the influence of mass media such as newspaper horoscopes.[3]

While astrology may bear a superficial resemblance to science, it is a pseudoscience because it makes little attempt to develop solutions to its problems, shows no concern for the evaluation of competing theories, and is selective in considering confirmations and dis-confirmations

That's not astronomy.  It's astrology, astronomy is science and astrology is voodoo.  

Also, how do you plan to win a bet proving astrology isn't bogus when astrology itself is a belief system, and can't really be disproven or proven (like religion).  

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
BUTAB

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 05:12:47 PM

i cant believe i never heard of this wow
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: