Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:53:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread  (Read 165232 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:35:24 PM

It seems like once a week I see a "where is J.R." question somewhere.

Every time I poke my head in here I try to emphasize - it doesn't MATTER where I am. I could be dead, and project would see very little impact. I participate in many ways, but we have so many smart people my presence is no longer critical to the success of the project.

People who keep asking where I am don't seem to be getting that message. What matters is the state of the project, not where J.R. is. I would argue that Satoshi's disappearance helped bitcoin more than hurt it. Too bad everybody knows my real name, or I could mysteriously disappear too! Smiley

The stuff with Counterparty is very . . . interesting. I didn't see it coming, but the distancing makes sense. It's too early to bet entirely on one horse (unless you are crazy like me). I doubt they are severing their relationship, but they probably did some more research and saw that there are a lot of projects which have a shot at becoming the next big thing, and didn't want to limit their options going forward.

Thanks for the update JR.

I think the real concern amongst MSC investors who want to see the tech succeed, but also gain from being an early source of financing for Bitcoin 2.0, is what is the future of MSC? Omni is a promising product, but hearing about factoids (and maybe other tokens) makes the MSC investor wonder whether MSC is playing any further part in the Omni plans.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 12:09:49 AM

Thanks for the update JR.

I think the real concern amongst MSC investors who want to see the tech succeed, but also gain from being an early source of financing for Bitcoin 2.0, is what is the future of MSC? Omni is a promising product, but hearing about factoids (and maybe other tokens) makes the MSC investor wonder whether MSC is playing any further part in the Omni plans.

OMNI === MSC; Mastercoin has been renamed to Omni. No new tokens are getting a piece of the pie.

JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 01:27:26 AM

Hi JR,

Its good to see that monkey avatar around here again. After reading Craigs updates, 2015 seems like it is going to be an exciting year for omni.

Even if the project doesn't require you, I guess we don't really know what you do. Would it be possible to give us an overview of what you do do?

Would it also be possible, if not to much trouble, to give us a summary of the journey so far of the development of msc and the move towards brand omni. (The trials and tribulations of msc/omni)

Thanks
gomei

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 03:07:11 AM

It seems like once a week I see a "where is J.R." question somewhere.

Every time I poke my head in here I try to emphasize - it doesn't MATTER where I am. I could be dead, and project would see very little impact. I participate in many ways, but we have so many smart people my presence is no longer critical to the success of the project.

People who keep asking where I am don't seem to be getting that message. What matters is the state of the project, not where J.R. is. I would argue that Satoshi's disappearance helped bitcoin more than hurt it. Too bad everybody knows my real name, or I could mysteriously disappear too! Smiley

The stuff with Counterparty is very . . . interesting. I didn't see it coming, but the distancing makes sense. It's too early to bet entirely on one horse (unless you are crazy like me). I doubt they are severing their relationship, but they probably did some more research and saw that there are a lot of projects which have a shot at becoming the next big thing, and didn't want to limit their options going forward.
finally hear Jr again in new year,
hope you can work well for the project.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
dacoinminster
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 07:53:05 PM

Hi JR,

Its good to see that monkey avatar around here again. After reading Craigs updates, 2015 seems like it is going to be an exciting year for omni.

Even if the project doesn't require you, I guess we don't really know what you do. Would it be possible to give us an overview of what you do do?

Would it also be possible, if not to much trouble, to give us a summary of the journey so far of the development of msc and the move towards brand omni. (The trials and tribulations of msc/omni)

Thanks

I mostly concentrate on guiding the evolution of our specification (https://github.com/mastercoin-MSC/spec). I also talk a lot to people interested in using our platform (we have more than ever before).

Perhaps the biggest "trial" for Mastercoin/Omni was the first few months when I tried to hold down a dayjob while running everything. I think it's fair to say that a couple early blunders could have been avoided if my time had not been split. Now other people are making those kinds of decisions, so my mistakes have far smaller impact Smiley

littleblue

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:56:56 AM

Too bad some MSC dev decided to dump hes DEVMSC lol! again!
udecker

Activity: 142
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:51:16 AM

@littleblue have some respect, please.  Sometimes the reasons why some people sell their earnings is because they have to.  Kids, rent, food, etc.  Sitting there laughing about it ignores that fact that their need outweighed the knowledge that it could adversely effect the market, and the holdings of the people they’ve been working with - which can’t ever be an easy decision.  So please, don’t be a jackass.

Craig

]
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 09:26:31 AM

There is a very fine line here - where do we draw the boundary for what an issuer can and cannot do with the assets created?  If I purchase an asset, and then lose the key to my address where it is stored, depending on what securities regulation exists, I should be able to get a new asset from the issuer.  But if I cannot prove I own that address (can’t sign with a key I’ve lost), what guarantees can I give the issuer that the asset was in fact lost?  If the asset issuer could “invalidate” the tokens in that address with a lost key, they must have the ability to invalidate the asset in *any* address.  It might be the guy I just sold it to, and I never lost the key at all.

This is where P2SH/multisig comes into play. Let's say there is a service provider and a customer. When opening a new account (...), three keys are created:

• A) the customer's very private key
  • B) the customer's other key
  • C) and a key held by the service provider

A script can be created such that tokens or coins are spendable, if:

• the customer signs with key A
  • or the service provider and the customer sign with key B and key C

The later would serve as fail safe for the exceptional case where the customer loses access to his key A, while at no point there is risk that the service provider escalates its privileges.

gomei

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:27:52 AM

WHO?
can you figure out? the dev selling now?

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
jrmg

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:38:14 AM

And proof that jr is alive and well, and flush with cash.
where is Jr?

Where is Jr wife?

WHO?
can you figure out? the dev selling now?

Jr wife are selling now?
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2015, 06:35:27 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 06:54:49 PM by vokain

I see a pleasantly surprising announcement while signing on BFX today Smiley
Congrats to ya Craig & co.!

https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/announcements/?id=31
udecker

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:27:38 PM

Nice!

Thanks, guys!  It’s been a long hard road, but we’re excited to have Tether live on the largest US Dollar digital currency exchange in the world! 

For those who missed it, Bitfinex is running Omni Core and has enabled US Dollar balances to be withdrawn as Tether on the blockchain Omni layer:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tether-introduces-real-world-currency-160000085.html

More announcements are coming for both Tether and Omni, and I sincerely appreciate the community’s commentary, enthusiasm, support and patience for the past few months while we made Omni Core strong enough for the big players.

Another big one today was HOPE Gold - who now have 5 metric tons of gold backing their charitable trust & coin:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/comstock-mining-inc-licenses-mineral-130100342.html

Factom and LaZooz coming soon, too.  All on Omni.

And y’all thought Mastercoin was dead.  Grin  If Mastercoin is dead, then long live Omni.

Round of applause for the team, please - they’ve done an amazing job.

Craig

]
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:05:21 AM

Craig
Three big cheers for the team!!!  Way to go Craig.  Keep up the good work.

Omni rules.
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 12:35:21 AM

Do I have this right? If so let's let the idea sit for a second: the Tether project basically consolidates all KYC/AML requirements of crypto businesses that desire to work in USD to one place
littleblue

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 12:43:52 AM

Nice!

Thanks, guys!  It’s been a long hard road, but we’re excited to have Tether live on the largest US Dollar digital currency exchange in the world! 

For those who missed it, Bitfinex is running Omni Core and has enabled US Dollar balances to be withdrawn as Tether on the blockchain Omni layer:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tether-introduces-real-world-currency-160000085.html

More announcements are coming for both Tether and Omni, and I sincerely appreciate the community’s commentary, enthusiasm, support and patience for the past few months while we made Omni Core strong enough for the big players.

Another big one today was HOPE Gold - who now have 5 metric tons of gold backing their charitable trust & coin:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/comstock-mining-inc-licenses-mineral-130100342.html

Factom and LaZooz coming soon, too.  All on Omni.

And y’all thought Mastercoin was dead.  Grin  If Mastercoin is dead, then long live Omni.

Craig

Congrats to you!Thanks .
udecker

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:01:53 AM

Do I have this right? If so let's let the idea sit for a second: the Tether project basically consolidates all KYC/AML requirements of crypto businesses that desire to work in USD to one place

Quite astute, sir.

]
jrmg

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:24:13 AM

Nice work.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:21:16 AM

We are still on "The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread"

If you don't have a platform to discuss on, you could at least "rebrand" this thread as well and maybe make a more decent main post..
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 02:09:37 AM

ejinte

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 08:00:01 AM

We are still on "The Official Mastercoin Foundation, Master Protocol & Mastercoin Thread"

If you don't have a platform to discuss on, you could at least "rebrand" this thread as well and maybe make a more decent main post..

And you still have the mastercoin logo as your avatar.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: