 |
October 05, 2026, 10:36:31 PM |
|
This $250,000 monthly race seems way too good to be true. I find it difficult to believe that such a small site generates enough revenue to fund such a huge prize pool.
I have seen wager races with similarly high prize pools on small sites before. Spinarium and Xyes come to mind. However these were all scams, where the casinos made up fake players who would outwager real ones.
A year or two ago, I decided to go for Spinarium's too good to be true weekly race. I intended to take one of the top spots by wagering over $100,000 on blackjack during the last few hours of the race. When I started my session, most of the players occupying the first 100 paid places had wagered less than $10,000 over the entire week.
About an hour before the end of the race, I took the top spot. Suddenly, 95 of the top 100 "players" came alive and started playing in such a way that they overtook me within minutes. All 95 of them. Most of them, mind you, had wagered far-far less in total over the whole week before that. (There were other obvious signs too, like how close the fake wagers were to each other, how there was otherwise no movement, how these players only played during the last 15 minutes of each hour and never in the 0-45 minute interval, how these players did not appear on the daily leaderboard, etc.)
It was easy to conclude that the casino was manipulating the tournament to avoid paying out the advertised prizes. Only the bottom five of the top 100 places were occupied by real players. So the total actual prize pool paid out to players was about $500 instead of the advertised $50,000.
I would not be surprised if Kikabet were to employ the same tactics. In fact, I am fairly certain they already are.
Their site features a live bets feed that supposedly shows "All" bets placed on the site. However, the activity shown there looks extremely suspicious. If you watch it for a while, you will notice that many of these "players" seem to make just one spin on a game and then leave, switch their betting currency, choose another game, make one spin, and leave again. Rinse and repeat.
I find this play pattern quite strange, especially considering that there is no way for a player to change their bet currency...
So I must assume the live bets are full of fake players placing fake bets. These very players are then featured on the leaderboards. Just from looking at the live bets for a few minutes, I am confident that the current 2nd place "dragonfly", 12th place "b2ooba", and 15th place "hulkmania" are all fake.
The live bets feed does feature actual real players with their real bets too. It is easy to recognize them, as they generally play the same game for some time, with the same bet size and the same currency. Since I started writing this post, I have only seen one such player on the live bets feed.
If something looks too good to be true, it most likely is. Be warned that the actual monthly race prize pool might be much lower than advertised. Just as their advertised 50% rakeback is, in my experience, closer to 5%.
|