Bitcoin Forum
September 29, 2026, 12:46:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What will the verdict be?
1: Relegation - 1 (12.5%)
2: Stripping of titles - 1 (12.5%)
3: Points deduction, financial fine, transfer ban - 5 (62.5%)
1+2 - 0 (0%)
1+2+3 - 0 (0%)
1+3 - 0 (0%)
2+3 - 1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Manchester City's 115 charges verdict be delivered? Poll  (Read 1755 times)
TedMosby
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1386
Merit: 579



View Profile WWW
Today at 09:02:40 AM
 #181

I personally don't really care about the charges against Man City and how they will be punished, like a points deduction or the possibility of their titles being stripped and awarded to another team. I am more interested in how that event will have an impact on the sports betting market involving Man City. Like a bet on the Premier League winner if Man City is found guilty. Will there be any compensation, or is the result final?

Imagine all the bettors who lost because of this decision wanting their money and winnings back from the sportsbook, so they sue the sportsbook. The sportsbook then sues the Premier League because they gave them the wrong results. If that really happens, it will become a death spiral Grin

.◼.◼.Vega.bet.◼.◼.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

...100 FS + 750% BONUS..MAX.WIN.$5,000...

███...FAST PAYOUTS  |  NO KYC  |  10% LOSSBACK...███
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

...Play Now...
Sticky Bomb
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 826
Merit: 471



View Profile
Today at 09:31:25 AM
 #182

My team isn’t getting a trophy if the premier league strips those titles, so it’s not like I have a selfish interest in the case. Should they decide to make those seasons void, it would forever represent the dark days of the EPL when they almost allowed money to ruin the league.
Even if they decided to strip Manchester City of the titles they won, they shouldn't be awarded to the runners-up or any other team that didn't win the league on the pitch. Those cardboard titles don't mean anything because they weren't achieved on the field of play. A comparison can be made to the Calciopoli scandal back in 2006, when the Italian Federation stripped Juventus of two titles, punished a bunch of clubs, and awarded one of the league titles to Inter. That's a cardboard scudetto from Temu. They didn't win it.
I agree to this, not only because they didn't merit it, but because it raises another important question in my mind

  • Would the cardboard title be rewarded with the financial dividends and other benefits as title winners for those years?
  • Would Manchester city be asked for a refund of the dividends they received as champions?

Although I see very slim chances that they're stripped of those titles or given capital punishments, England is not stupid, football is one major economy booster of the UK and if they get that harsh, they may loose one of the clubs which brings in the bulk of the revenue.

Silikiem
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 630
Merit: 318



View Profile
Today at 09:35:09 AM
 #183



Manchester City have been a great team for a very long time but this chargers I don't see anything too serious to happen that's if it has been confirmed, I mean their decision. For what the former Tottenham boss said about the punishment, I completely agree with him, it seems pointless but my question is why wait till now? It happened before and some how they might bury this pressure they have on City till the end of this season and the case will come up again.

So from Pochetino’s comments Above is he trying to suggest that Manchester city should go Scot-free after being charged and confirmed that they have violated the FFP rules and are found guilty of 114 count charges. I know most rival fans will be bitterly angry about Manchester City and many will want a very harsh punishment for them not because they deserve such punishment but because of club sentiment and hatred but I think the right thing should be done. If according to their book that club found guilty of 114 count charges will deserve a certain level of punishment then they should be punished accordingly without being biased. If the law says they should be stripped off their titles and be relegated to the second division then they should pass the judgement. I read that the club have 14 days to appeal and if they failed in their appeal then they should be served with the appropriate penalty for violating the rules.

KTChampions (OP)
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3192
Merit: 2499


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile
Today at 10:36:41 AM
 #184

Actually no, I looked into the matter and there is quite an interesting situation there. If the Premier League imposes a points deduction on City (for example, 90 points) that results in the club's relegation, the Championship will be obliged to accept City. If City were to be directly expelled from the Premier League, the Championship would have no obligations toward City (nor would the other professional leagues). Therefore, if the professional leagues adopt the Premier League's decision and align themselves with it, City will have to start in the National League (I don't know the exact name - I think it's the fifth division or something like that). Yes, it sounds fantastic, but why not dream?
Ah you're right. I looked it up myself. Relegated teams must be accepted into the Championship but an expulsion then leaves City at the whims of EFL (which governs all the professional leagues below Prem). Very interesting scenario!

National Leagues, yeah, fourth division after League Two. Love this dream, I won't mind putting $10 on it if you see such a market, let me know haha.



- the face of a postman from Sunday League acting as a goalkeeper who realizes he’ll be facing Haaland’s shots today.
Yes, I wouldn't mind spending 10 dollars on something like that either!  Grin
For now, judging by Polymarket, the probability of City being stripped of their titles is close to 30%, while the probability of relegation is just 18% - a figure that encompasses both standard relegation due to a points deduction and outright expulsion.
I don't even know yet which outcome is worth betting on, if I find an interesting market, I'll definitely tag you  Wink

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!