Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2026, 06:49:53 AM *
News: Serious possible issue involving Ledger hardware wallets and CryptoBilis
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have You Ever Lost Some Bitcoins Because You Were Careless?  (Read 1205 times)
Queentoshi
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 1274
Merit: 365


★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!


View Profile
October 07, 2026, 11:04:16 PM
 #81

I remembered this incident because sometimes, I do not cross-check addresses when I send small funds. Have you lost some bitcoins because of carelessness?
I likely would have lost some Bitcoin by now had I been an individual who does not read, or one individual who does not follow instructions or lessons learned. Your ability to profit from Bitcoin and benefit from it depends directly on your ability to avoid little errors like this. It is best not to be an individual who likes to learn from their own experience all the time this is why sometimes you do not need to wait for you to have a personal experience or something before you follow your technician's advice to change something in your vehicle.

One questions to ask for those who have lost bitcoin like this is.
Did I learn from the experience, am I much more careful now?

║
★
║
BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]
║
★
║
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀
║
★
║
║
★
║
✔ Rainbot
✔ Daily Quests
✔ Faucet
TheButterZone
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1146


RIP Mommy


View Profile WWW
October 07, 2026, 11:22:27 PM
 #82

The most careless thing I've done is use an exchange, when they get hacked with near-impunity.

Big Dirams
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 378
Merit: 170


Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013


View Profile
October 07, 2026, 11:38:52 PM
 #83

The most careless thing I've done is use an exchange, when they get hacked with near-impunity.
I assume this might occur during your new days to the system, exchanges can not be relied on when we are thinking of investing for a long term and exchanges are always not the best option in times of investment no matter how long they have stayed in the system. One of the high risk is just what you mentioned now, they can get hacked and still go free without any consequences but when we hold our investments in a non custodial wallets then we will be free from exchanges hacked or maybe exchange vanish all of a sudden.
 However, non custodial wallets doesn’t free us from hackers totally but we get to stay safe as long as we don’t give out our seed phrase or maybe store them online. For a long term holding, non custodial wallet are the best to hold our tokens.

TheButterZone
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1146


RIP Mommy


View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 03:09:34 AM
 #84

The most careless thing I've done is use an exchange, when they get hacked with near-impunity.
I assume this might occur during your new days to the system, exchanges can not be relied on when we are thinking of investing for a long term and exchanges are always not the best option in times of investment no matter how long they have stayed in the system. One of the high risk is just what you mentioned now, they can get hacked and still go free without any consequences but when we hold our investments in a non custodial wallets then we will be free from exchanges hacked or maybe exchange vanish all of a sudden.
 However, non custodial wallets doesn’t free us from hackers totally but we get to stay safe as long as we don’t give out our seed phrase or maybe store them online. For a long term holding, non custodial wallet are the best to hold our tokens.

Yes, I used the present tense GET, not the past tense GOT, because exchanges will always get hacked with near-impunity.

Whatever it takes to bump post count for advertising, IG.

BlackBoss_
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1512
Merit: 750


Rollbit is for you. Take $RLB token!


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 07:29:26 AM
 #85

However, non custodial wallets doesn’t free us from hackers totally but we get to stay safe as long as we don’t give out our seed phrase or maybe store them online.
Online or offline, you must secure your wallets and wallet backups properly. If you do it badly in security, you will lose your wallets and bitcoins.

It's true to warn about risk of wallet backups online.
How to back up a wallet seed phrase?
Security checklist.

Quote
For a long term holding, non custodial wallet are the best to hold our tokens.
Not sure you want to talk about altcoins and expand your recommendation from Bitcoin to altcoins but if it's only your advice about Bitcoin, it's inaccurate and misleading information.

bitcoin is a native currency on Bitcoin blockchain, and it's a coin, not a token. A token does not have its blockchain but it is deployed on an available altcoin blockchain and uses that blockchain's native currency (an altcoin) for transaction fee.

R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||.
|
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄▄
▄▄█░▄▀█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▀▄░█▄▄
▀▄█░███▄█▄▄█▄███░█▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
█░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
████████████░███████▀▄▀
████████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
████████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
slaman29
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1569


Viva La Masia


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 07:37:32 AM
 #86

Never happened to me before that I've lost my btc BUT I have to admit I'm getting more 'careless' the more I'm experienced. Definitely sent to wrong account (still mine but different platform or wallet than I thought) or wrong pool (like on this forum I have so many pools every year) but it never results in lost coins as the address is known or trusted, just assigned wrongly Smiley

Just my habit, to double check address is correct.

Now habit to assign wrong tag to address? Also me Smiley

5W-KILO
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 443
Merit: 196


Spinly.io - Next-gen Crypto iGaming Platform


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 07:44:35 AM
 #87

If you haven't lost Bitcoin or crypto before it shows that you are a newbie or a beginner, there is no way that anyone in here can come out and say they have never lost anything and they are not a newbie.

I lost alot of money in alts too believing that the market was just getting  started, stupid me, I have read about similar stories on this forum too so I am not the only one  and today I've not even recovered 20% of the lost money.

Some of the coins are also dead, I learnt a big lesson and I hope that somehow I bounce back in the future, I am not giving up too and I hope everything works out better.

Uhwuchukwu53
Sr. Member
****
Online Online

Activity: 1064
Merit: 261


★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 07:47:01 AM
 #88

The so challenge faces many who are into Bitcoin without hood knowledge it may not really be a result of carelessness but ignorant while copy the wallet from different block chain, remember most wallet seem similar it take user who have good understanding to identify the block chain that have as they are resemblance in nature, it have nit happened to me in person but heard of cases of such mistake , I don't perceived it as careless but see it as ignorant as no one will be willing to loss it asset intentionally though it's my stand which may not be correct as individual difference exist, I won't conclude on careless nature of many when dealing or handling things that need attention.

║
★
║
BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]
║
★
║
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀
║
★
║
║
★
║
✔ Rainbot
✔ Daily Quests
✔ Faucet
welovebit
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 473
Merit: 47

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 07:59:15 AM
 #89

Here it is already mentioned about how few lost their bitcoin due to relying on exchanges. The same happens with me; I lost enough just because of this. Now I am still facing troubles because they never come back things are getting worse just because of this. I never trust any exchange; it always recommends everyone to have a wallet with their own control.
Usually things like this happen when newbies trust centralized exchanges too much and put their funds blindly. Hacks and freezing accounts are done by them, which are regular, and newbies have never been able to do things for recovery. I lost nearly 3 Bitcoins they hacked, and then few emails arrived, but they never put in any solid effort to give my money back.
My life was completely ruined due to this mistake with the lesson "Never trust any exchange" always stay safe.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
● PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPIN ║ BITVEST ║ PLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sobz
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 319
Merit: 131



View Profile
October 08, 2026, 08:26:22 AM
 #90

The so challenge faces many who are into Bitcoin without hood knowledge it may not really be a result of carelessness but ignorant while copy the wallet from different block chain, remember most wallet seem similar it take user who have good understanding to identify the block chain that have as they are resemblance in nature, it have nit happened to me in person but heard of cases of such mistake , I don't perceived it as careless but see it as ignorant as no one will be willing to loss it asset intentionally though it's my stand which may not be correct as individual difference exist, I won't conclude on careless nature of many when dealing or handling things that need attention.
I think if we should look into what as led people to the lose of their Bitcoin, I'm sure those who lose their Bitcoin due to carelessness wont be as much as those who have have lose their bitcoin due ignorance.  Ignorance has made many to lose their bitcoin because many dont even do research and they go about things with just the understanding they have with making findings if their understanding is accurate. Ignorance is a more reason people lose their bitcoin because you can be careless but still have your bitcoin but if you are ignorance it is an easy wsy of one losing bitcoin because one thing about bitcoin is all about what you understand.

bhadz
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 3304
Merit: 645



View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 08:40:51 AM
 #91

The only time that I've been careless I guess when I've pressed that convert or swap button of our local exchange when I have no freaking idea that I was selling the ones that I've held before. Yes, a complete noob and that's okay because I've learnt from it already. But sending to a wrong address, never happened to me. And it's due to the unique wallet addresses that we have. Unless a PC is infected by that malware copy pasta virus and you don't cross check addresses before sending then that's the only possibility that someone will fall for it.


███████▄▄███▄███▄
███▄▄████████▌████▄
▄██████████████▐███▌
██▄███████████▌████▌
████████▀███████▐▌█
███████████████▌█▌▐
████████▄████████▐▐
██████████████████▌
███████████████▄██▄
██████████████▀▀▀
█████▀███▀▀▀

█▄▄▄██████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████
████▌█████▀███▌█████▀▀███████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▌█████▄███▌█████▄███▐███████████████████▄
▐████████████▀███████▄██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀
▐████████████▄██▄███████████▌█████████▄████▀
▐█████████▀██████████▌█████████████▄▄████▀
██████████▄█████▀████████▐███▌██▄██████▀
██████████████▀███▐███▌██████████████████████
████▀██████▀▀█████████▌███▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌
 
      P R E M I E R   B I T C O I N   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K      

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

  98%  
RTP

 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

 HIGH 
ODDS

 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀
 
..PLAY NOW..
SeriouslyGiveaway
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 868
Merit: 276


Bitz.io Best Bitcoin and Crypto Casino


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 08:50:50 AM
 #92

Here it is already mentioned about how few lost their bitcoin due to relying on exchanges. The same happens with me; I lost enough just because of this. Now I am still facing troubles because they never come back things are getting worse just because of this. I never trust any exchange
Saying never is not true with your case.

You trusted centralized exchanges, stored your fund there, and lost it, it's your story. You can say like from your experience, since your loss, and when you realized risk of centralized exchanges for fund storage, you have changed your practice and you no longer store your fund on centralized exchanges.

Quote
it always recommends everyone to have a wallet with their own control.
The hint and trap are: some people believe wrongly that custodial wallets like centralized exchange accounts are safe and can give them full control.
Reminder: do not keep your money in online accounts.

When they understand "It's private key, it's their coin, it's their full control, it's their own bank", they will change their practice.

███ 
███████▄▄███▄███▄
███▄▄████████▌████▄
▄██████████████▐███▌
██▄███████████▌████▌
████████▀███████▐▌█
███████████████▌█▌▐
████████▄████████▐▐
██████████████████▌
███████████████▄██▄
██████████████▀▀▀
█████▀███▀▀▀
Bitz.io███ ████████▄████▄▄▄█████▄▄
██████▄████████▀▀██▀▀
█████▀▀█████▀▀▄▄█
███████████▄▀▀███
████████████████▐▌
████████████████▐▌
███▄▄█████▄▄█▄▄█████▄▄
█▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██
███████████████████████
▀██
█████████████████████▀
█▀████
█████████████████▀
███▀▀████▀▀██▀▀█████▀▀
98%
RTP
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████
██████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
HIGH
ODDS
 ███
█████████   ██

......PLAY NOW......

██   █████████
███ 
Achalugo BTC
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 462
Merit: 258


★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 09:09:54 AM
 #93

I think if we should look into what as led people to the lose of their Bitcoin, I'm sure those who lose their Bitcoin due to carelessness wont be as much as those who have have lose their bitcoin due ignorance.  Ignorance has made many to lose their bitcoin because many dont even do research and they go about things with just the understanding they have with making findings if their understanding is accurate. Ignorance is a more reason people lose their bitcoin because you can be careless but still have your bitcoin but if you are ignorance it is an easy wsy of one losing bitcoin because one thing about bitcoin is all about what you understand.
Totally agreed with you. Ignorance means lacking the knowledge of Bitcoin investment, while carelessness means not doing the right thing despite knowing what to do and before they realize it, they may have already lost some of their Bitcoin. That is why it is important for those who want to become investors to first of all acquire knowledge about Bitcoin through research before taking any action, because if they choose to invest in their own way without following the proper principles, this can lead them to make financial mistakes that can ruin them. And you know, there is no customer service to help restore Bitcoin once it is lost. In addition, I will say carelessness can sometimes lead to ignorance, as one can look for shortcuts to get what they want because of laziness.

║
★
║
BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]
║
★
║
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀
║
★
║
║
★
║
✔ Rainbot
✔ Daily Quests
✔ Faucet
gracreavix
Full Member
***
Online Online

Activity: 448
Merit: 194



View Profile
October 08, 2026, 10:33:38 AM
 #94

This is i know, whatever you tolerate in small quality will be done in big quantity. You know the funniest thing, you might not know when you do it. It's best you start developing the habit to be extra careful sending your Bitcoin in small amounts because you might be nonchalant too with big amounts.

Now you said you don't pay much attention in sending small amounts because it's small. You can afford a lot of it. But the thing about attitude is that you might not know when you will do it when doing something big. Address the issue now, you might say it isn't an issue and you can manage it. Don't be surprised if you do otherwise. Best treat as urgent.

red4slash
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 2170
Merit: 641



View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 01:11:37 PM
 #95

The so challenge faces many who are into Bitcoin without hood knowledge it may not really be a result of carelessness but ignorant while copy the wallet from different block chain, remember most wallet seem similar it take user who have good understanding to identify the block chain that have as they are resemblance in nature, it have nit happened to me in person but heard of cases of such mistake , I don't perceived it as careless but see it as ignorant as no one will be willing to loss it asset intentionally though it's my stand which may not be correct as individual difference exist, I won't conclude on careless nature of many when dealing or handling things that need attention.
Lack of understanding as well as carelessness also make the situation more difficult to control and I have felt both of these things at the beginning when I was in the initial phase when getting to know bitcoin. Error copying address, carelessness when placing assets on the exchange that actually turned into a disaster and the wrong choice in holding assets that should never have been done I have felt it but this is an experience that can actually be good because after I felt the loss due to carelessness and lack of understanding I became more careful when trying to trade etc.

If before I just copy paste the address when I want to send or receive something but now I pay more attention to this because one mistake makes the loss even though it is small but still we will regret it.
There may be some of us who have never felt this way but it's only a few of the vast majority who have ever felt this actually avoidable mistake.

 
█▄
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT▀█ 
  THE #1 SOLANA CASINO  
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
........5,000+........
GAMES
 
......INSTANT......
WITHDRAWALS
..........HUGE..........
REWARDS
 
............VIP............
PROGRAM
 .
   PLAY NOW    
Giwagi56
Member
**
Offline

Activity: 152
Merit: 28


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 02:03:33 PM
 #96

I haven’t lost a bitcoin because of my carelessness but I have someone who have done that before, one of my friend that introduced me to bitcoin make that mistake and that is the first day that happened to him, and since then i realised that no one is perfect and we all can make mistakes even if we know how bitcoin, he wants to send a bitcoin to one of his wallet to use it for something else, because he told me that he was having a financial problem that he must touch his bitcoin as he don’t want to borrow that kind of money from anyone, he then sent a bitcoin to one of the wallet that he has sent bitcoin to before and the person is not close to him,  he nearly collapsed because he thought he can not get it back but at the end he recognised the owner of the wallet and call him to send it back.
Taricoins
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 560
Merit: 156



View Profile
October 08, 2026, 04:36:18 PM
 #97

OP, I've been the most careless person when it comes to this, this your experience has happened to me a couple of times, I had to locked my right address in my clipboard so that I won't make the mistake again but the interval of the mistake was close but still it was a $500 and $760 worth of mistake which pains me till now and another mistake u made a long time ago ago was when I lost my pass key to my butcoin investment when I started a long time ago

virasisog
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 2184
Merit: 537


View Profile WWW
October 08, 2026, 05:34:01 PM
 #98

Yup I did lose some Bitcoin before.
I moved some to my newly created wallet, I forgot to copy the private key and sent some.
Also experienced sending in a wrong addy, investing in an investment scheme that was already been proven to be a scam.
bitcoin-shark
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 3598
Merit: 605


Creating a Safer Crypto Ecosystem


View Profile
October 08, 2026, 05:57:22 PM
 #99

It happened to me too—luckily, it was only a few satoshis; i lost the wallet passphrase. As for transactions, i double-check the destination address carefully, and i frequently use escrow when dealing with new people.

 
  WeLive  CRYPTO  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 
  Check NOW!  
Muba20
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 1246
Merit: 326



View Profile
October 08, 2026, 06:08:15 PM
 #100

There is a common word is that if you learn from a mistake, it cannot be called a mistake. It is true, some mistakes can certainly teach you a lot, but it is difficult to recover the damage of that mistake. It is very natural to make mistakes but unusual for a person not to make mistakes. I am not saying that everyone has to learn by making mistakes. If someone learns from a mistake, it does not always mean losing. We often see experiences in forums where a person makes a mistake or loses his wealth due to his own stupidity. Those of us who see those incidents and learn from them can warn ourselves from those mistakes without losing anything, that is, if we understand the mistakes that others make, we can correct ourselves. In my case too, I have not made any big mistake that caused me a lot of damage, but if I had not learned from the mistakes made by others, I could have easily suffered a lot of damage.











██
██
██████
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
██████
██
██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████
 
 THE #1 SOLANA CASINO 
██████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
[
[
5,000+
GAMES
INSTANT
WITHDRAWALS
][
][
HUGE
   REWARDS   
VIP
PROGRAM
]
]
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
 
PLAY NOW
 

████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!