Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:34:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ANY coin even Attempting Mass Adoption, Seriously!!!!  (Read 5226 times)
krostue

Activity: 186
Merit: 120

post history is my own and doesn't represent other

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 02:57:59 PM

major institutions in the financial market have been investing in Ethereum technology over the last month or two. The rest of the world will catch up eventually, if they realize it or not... The services it provides can be branded as anything.

my first musical NFT on namecoin m/eow was registered in 2014. my specialization is cryptoart and my preferred platform is CounterParty Feel free to give feedback on the Treatise on cyproart I wrote in 2019, well before the NFT hype-train pulled into town. This Gallery includes multiple works made by, with or for me. for sale @ ethereum.properties : ethereum.training ethereum.contractors ethereum.computer ethereum.systems ethereum.training ethereum.support ethereum.solutions list obo
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Imste

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:05:14 PM

Easier said then done..

I am sure 95% of the coins want that, but so few have anything that compete with against Bitcoin.
TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 06:45:19 PM

Kobocoin is attempting Mass adoption in Africa which is the largest mobile fintech market on the planet by a very long way. I believe that cryptocurrencies can take on and beat the other offerings available. Mobile fintech from Africa is now being exported to other parts of the globe.

Read more at these links:
Mobile Banking - https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/03/why-mobile-banking-is-the-key-to-financial-inclusion
Where is Mobile Banking most popular - https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/11/where-is-mobile-banking-most-popular/

Kobocoin has had it's challenges over the last year since being fairly launched on 7th February, 2015, but we're still here putting one foot in front of the other. We're now starting to get recognition and partnering with other projects that are also trying to make it happen.

Kobocoin latest update: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=920290.msg14312587#msg14312587

I know most people on this board only see BTC, and now some of the new 2.0 services. I'm also invested in some of them but Africa might surprise you all and take a real lead in crypto adoption.

EDIT: Also, Kobocoin been listed as one of the Top 100 FinTech companies in Africa and been nominated for an African Fintech Award

The African FinTech 100 and The African FinTech Awards

Interesting reading, but 0.1BTC daily trading volume on YoBit?? You've got a long way to go!

For sure, but we're on the right path. My tech role models are Skype, Uber and Pegasystems Inc. They were around for years, didn't lose track of their goal, and they got there in the end.
 Smiley

LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:56:59 PM

Maybe we should define mass adoption? Depending on the answer even bitcoin is not there yet
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 12:47:00 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2016, 12:57:45 AM by Fuserleer

I've been following this thread for a while, but hadn't commented so far because I was unsure what to say without sounding like an arrogant ass Smiley

I still can't think of anything to say without sounding like an arrogant ass, so I guess I'll have to run the risk  Roll Eyes

Mass market has been the goal for eMunie since day one, and its part of the reason why eMunie has taken so long because we weren't willing to compromise it in anyway.  Before I get to that, lets define what mass market is:

Mass market is the general consumer, period!  Its Joe public, your Grandma, your technically illiterate girlfriend, people who don't care about how money works or decentralization.  Its a $40 TRILLION per year market and rising fast each year (almost $1T per year at present).

Nothing in crypto at present, released or in development has the means to capture that market...other than eMunie and I'll tell you why.

Attracting the mass market can not be achieved by just one thing.  Features and tech alone won't do it, nor will marketing.  There are a number of critical requirements and ALL of them need to be met, otherwise you'll fail.

To achieve it the following is required (in no particular order):

Scalability - VISA alone processes on average 2000 transactions per second.  Add on Mastercard, Paypal, and all the consumer bank-bank transfers, the total volume is approaching 10,000 transactions per second.  Holiday periods are at least double.

Ease of use - Products for the consumer need to be 110% fool proof.  ANY action that requires them to have to think will result in them discarding and leaving.  That is not because they are stupid, but because they EXPECT products to be simple.

Incentives - Mass market doesn't care about liberalism, decentralization, and all that jazz which attracted us here in the first place.  The incentives to use it need to be different and relate to them as a consumer.

Women - 60-70% of consumer purchases are made by women.  Women make lots of small value purchases, men make fewer higher value purchases.  Women also influence men to make purchases they otherwise may not.  You need women!

Stability - The value of the currency HAS to be stable.  "Stable" is defined as no more than 2% +/- value movement in each 24 hours over the long term.

Integration - It should integrate with the existing infrastructure as much as possible without forfeiting control to that infrastructure.  That means both physical and virtual debit cards (read no middlemen) that operate with existing point of sale hardware, and it should be FAST!  Longer than 10 seconds and you'll annoy customer and merchant.  Easy online payment API's should also be available and be easy to use.

On/Off Ramps - Efficient and reliable on/off ramps for fiat are required, again without giving away control.  Buying crypto at the moment is difficult and time consuming, it needs to be simple and easy.

Advertising - A smart, maintained, targeted advertising strategy is needed, and it should use ALL forms, internet, TV, radio, billboards, magazines, newspapers, etc.  Unless you are Apple or some other large corp, you won't have the budget to advertise globally and succeed!  Start with small, promising territories first and build up.  Oh and don't forget that what works in one territory might not in another due to cultural differences.

Acceptance - Users will want to spend it, so you need to have at least some general consumer acceptance in place.  Internet service providers and online gambling will not cut it, consumers will want to buy real everyday products.

I could go on and on (an marketing document I'm currently working on is almost 70 pages, and that's just for internal use), but they are some of the primary requirements that are absolutely critical.  There are many more besides these which, while not deemed to be critical, still require careful forethought and action.

All of the above (and more) have had a lot of time spent on them to ensure that eMunie will truly stand a chance to penetrate the mass market.  Whether it be the technology, the marketing strategy, the infrastructure consideration, or the preparation of merchant relationships, all have been clearly defined and implemented into the project and the long term roll out plan.

If you're a crypto project and are targeting mass market, and haven't at least got clear direction on ALL of the above...you need to rethink everything, or save your time and effort!

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:12:14 AM

I will share some of my secrets with you.

Incentives - Mass market doesn't care about liberalism, decentralization, and all that jazz which attracted us here in the first place.  The incentives to use it need to be different and relate to them as a consumer.

I think that is a critical error. The mass market doesn't but the early adopters will. Wink

Stability - The value of the currency HAS to be stable.  "Stable" is defined as no more than 2% +/- value movement in each 24 hours over the long term.

I think this is another critical error. Rise in price is what drives speculators to HODL. You don't need stability of exchange price. Rather you only need adopt it as their unit-of-account. Wink

On/Off Ramps - Efficient and reliable on/off ramps for fiat are required, again without giving away control.  Buying crypto at the moment is difficult and time consuming, it needs to be simple and easy.

Or eliminate the need for on/off ramps. Wink

Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 01:17:59 AM

I will share some of my secrets with you.

I think that is a critical error. The mass market doesn't but the early adopters will. Wink

Where is it defined that the early adopters can not be the mass market users themselves?

I think this is another critical error. Rise in price is what drives speculators to HODL. You don't need stability of exchange price. Rather you only need adopt it as their unit-of-account. Wink

Disagree, rife speculation and a lack of real utility is what has caused Bitcoin in particular to become so unattractive to the mass market.  Consumers will not use it due to the resulting volatility (among other issues), nor will merchants.  A currency that is only used for speculation is not a currency, its a commodity.

I hope you aren't suggesting helicopter money Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:29:45 AM

Why does it always have to be "the coin I'm interested in is the only coin that will ever make it"? It really gets tiring reading it.

THERE WILL BE A GLOBAL CRYPTOCURRENCY ECOSYSTEM. THE COIN YOU ARE BACKING IS NOT THE ONLY COIN THAT WILL MAKE IT.

Can everybody hear me?? I'm off to bed!
Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 01:35:24 AM

Why does it always have to be "the coin I'm interested in is the only coin that will ever make it"? It really gets tiring reading it.

THERE WILL BE A GLOBAL CRYPTOCURRENCY ECOSYSTEM. THE COIN YOU ARE BACKING IS NOT THE ONLY COIN THAT WILL MAKE IT.

Can everybody hear me?? I'm off to bed!

I did say I ran the risk of sounding like an ass  Cheesy My apologies.

I'm just calling it the way I see it right now from my past experiences of creating products intended for mass market.  Of course that doesn't mean there can't be another (or many).  I hope there is, but no one else IMO is targeting mass market with any real conviction nor with any real solutions for the required critical challenges today.

Mass market will be HARD to achieve, and to me it seems like a lot of projects with potential have been distracted by corporations and banks, thus are now moving in the opposite direction because its "easier".

Radix - DLT x.0

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:17:05 AM

Do you have a problem with helicopters?

Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 03:32:25 AM

Do you have a problem with helicopters?

When used as a primary economic policy...yes.  Otherwise, not at all Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 07:32:36 AM

This is exactly the reason why I'm saying that Africa might surprise everybody.

Barter is very important in Africa. If something has value, then people are happy to exchange it for what they need. I personally think that fiat money is not as important to people the world over as what it can do for them. If you can replace fiat with another form of 'trusted' value transfer then people will be more than happy to adopt it.

The mighty M-Pesa only exists now because people in Kenya were spontaneously using airtime as a proxy for money transfer. They were transferring airtime to their relatives or friends who were then using it, or reselling it. M-Pesa's business model is based on that proxy use of airtime that was going on. This shows that people are happy to use whatever is of value for their own purposes. It doesn't have to be fiat money. There are lots of places in the world where people don't see fiat money as the only way to get what they want/need.

In summary, soon an 'on ramp' will be all that's needed.

Vicodin (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 12:42:22 AM

IOTA already has adoption plans by companies. Just read the Forbes magazine article on Iota.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 12:54:31 AM

IOTA already has adoption plans by companies. Just read the Forbes magazine article on Iota.

Iota has plans to scam everyone that is the only plan.

130 sats now demanding 3000 sats.

It's not that special. Do you realise many coders can use dag to create a token???

vicodin - iota pumper and scammer. Avoid him and iota scam.

Vicodin (OP)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:00:17 AM

Iota has plans to scam everyone that is the only plan.

130 sats now demanding 3000 sats.

It's not that special. Do you realise many coders can use dag to create a token???

vicodin - iota pumper and scammer. Avoid him and iota scam.

I love this guy. Microsoft, Forbes, it doesn't matter its a scam.

The United nations could pass a resolution, it could have a commercial on the superbowl, the Dali lama could....

You get the idea. Poor guy just loves to follow me around. He's my challenged sidekick, but you cant help but love him

Fuserleer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 02:00:16 AM

Targeting and being adopted by companies is not the same as targeting and being adopted by the mass market.

In that case you only achieve mass market use by proxy, and if/when those companies that are acting as your proxy decide that there is an alternative product that suits them better, you're gone. 

Your "borrowed mass market users" won't even know (or care) so long as the service they were getting continues.

Radix - DLT x.0

JollyTrades

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:03:36 AM

Check out WAVES.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: