Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:23:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DARKCOIN (NOW KNOWN AS DASH) BIG SCAM?? let's take a closer look  (Read 13880 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptojumper

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:19:26 AM

and where can they be bought safely ?  Smiley

Depends on where you live, but Bitfinex is one of the largest exchanges in the world and considered safe.

i live in europe, is there any exchange where i dont need to upload my personal info and documents to trade?

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 06:47:07 PM

and where can they be bought safely ?  Smiley

Depends on where you live, but Bitfinex is one of the largest exchanges in the world and considered safe.

i live in europe, is there any exchange where i dont need to upload my personal info and documents to trade?

For trading purposes you can use Bitfinex or Crypsy (make sure you use 2 factor authentication for additional security).
If you are a new customer you most likely need to wait a few days before you will be able to transfer out, keep that in mind.

For cashing out you probly will need to provide personal info and documents, for transferring out that is not needed.

Crypsy : has largest tradeable volume of DRK
Bitfinex : is more professional setup and provides perhaps more security as well

dont hesitate to ask any questions about Darkcoin / DASH in our own forum : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.0 or https://darkcointalk.org/     

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
coincreeper

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 09:21:24 PM

After all these attacks, a suspicious site claims to accept bitcoin/darkcoin for your "needs". It seems Silkroad related (weird language though   Tongue)

http://unbouncepages.com/cooltag/
Polycoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 12:35:32 AM

1. Dark coin (called some other name back then) was launched  and the BLOCK EXPLORER shows a HUGE amount of blocks being instamined almost.....well INSTANTLY.

These are the points how scam coins are starting be careful.

true true

What can we say about it... People are following scammers like sheeps Sad

the sheeps following fake money and caught up in it.

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
cryptojumper

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 06:33:23 AM

but the price of darkcoin is rocketing, maybe its time to buy some.. is it because of these darkmarkets or due to some btc recent failures... ? Roll Eyes

Polycoin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:03:33 PM

let us buy darkcoin now renamed dash. let us.

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
TheDasher

Activity: 346

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 11:06:00 PM

DASH is a huge instamine-circlejerk-multi-scam.  Stay away but if you choose to get involved make sure you wear a rubber body suit so you dont get covered by seamen from head to toe as a result of the biggest circle-jerk in crypto history.
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 08:32:26 AM

U hate us, but we still love you DASHER Wink

this is what is happening when someone dump their coins for pennies and 5min after that it goes moonshine ...

so many hate Smiley

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
muhrohmat

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:38:46 PM

dark coin its used in a very huge site like cex.io and can veven be mined x11 soo i dont think they are not investigating that i belivedark coin its stable.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 10:56:31 AM

Was there some instamine? "I" wouldnt call it instamine where the developers got all the coins as in a premine, but there was a good amount that was mines in the first 24-48 hours. I my self as one of the developers I mines ~120k DRK. and realized this could be a problem in the futures and gave away around 50k to get people interested.

Yes, there was an issue that the blocks stayed at 500DRK vs going down and that was promptly fixed. So yes there was the ability for people that got in at the launch that was able to get a larger share of the coins, but we felt that this was a better idea then to allow premining, where the devs get ALL the coins. I myself started up 100 amazon ec2 hosts to mine. But there were alot of others that did the same.

Windows wallet? NO there was no windows wallet at the very beginning, but according to our research most of the miners especially at the beginning used linux anyways, Shortly after we found someone to get the windows wallet built, and even paid they to get my computer setup to build the windows wallets, as we are primarily linux based programmers. We also around that time found someone to get the MAC wallet built.

While I agree things could have been better at the beginning to limit the coins I dont think you can group this coin with the other coins that were OBVIOUSLY were built just to pump and dump and leave. I hope you, and others, can see that this was not designed to be a scam, we just wanted to build something that others have not and keep putting new features into this coin and eventually opensource the code so others can build upon it a well.

We have a great community following darkcoin and they have helped greatly in getting new features into the coin and point out problems. There are several people following that at the beginning were asking questions and brining up the same issues you have and now are happy with what we have been trying to do and now greatly support the coin. As we hope you and others can too.

I have tried to address the concerns you you have brought up and I hope this helps, other wise im sure you will just delete this response too..

after reading this thread I just noticed I never took full note of what was said here...

I as ONE of the devs mined 120k darkcoins Huh  He says he gave away 50k? I actually even believe him since why say you mined 120k

I myself started up 100 amazon ec2 hosts to mine??

How many did evans himself mine and how many did he give away?

What is 120k dark/dash worth about now?

Remember Evans offering in this thread to air drop 2 million dark? but let the dark community vote on it??

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 11:06:09 AM

The way I looked at it a larger block size at the beginning is the incentive for people to get it at the start. If the block reward we low at the beginning its would be harder to get people to start mining. Miners need a reason to stop mining what ever they were currently mining and move to darkcoin.

Am I wrong?

Don't insult the intelligence of people on this board with this rubbish.

We want to attract miners lol.... start by providing a windows QT ...you want minerslol  but you don't want them to be able to mine???  It was a scam plain and simple.

How can anyone argue with this - there is no justification for cutting windows users out from this super instamine period. That windows users were cut off from.... please understand the magnitude of this Instamine it is MASSIVE>

1.  The block reward was 500 every couple seconds at launch!  Not 20 or 50 coins every 2.5 minutes as listed.  There was also no windows wallet so only linux users could mine.  This allowed about 1.7-2 million Darkcoins to be instamined in the first 24hours.  Representing about 50% OF ALL DARKCOINS CURRENTLY IN EXISTENCE!!!  All mined in the first 24hours by just a few wallets.  Then the rules were changed increasing the block time to 2.5 minutes and eliminating the 500 block reward, (but only after the instaminers had claimed 2 million or so coins first.)

2.  Today many of those day 1 instamined coins have already been sold and right now approx 24% of all Darkcoins are held in just 10 wallets.  This could be 10 people or it could be simply Evan with 10 different wallets.

3.  My opinion is that it is unfair and unfortunate that this occurred and IMO it represents a very real risk to Darkcoin in that there is an opening for a good dev to make an Identical X11 coin that has all the attributes of Darkcoin, plus a few more features, and have a truly fair and equitable launch.  The instamining will continue to be brought up as it currently represents about a 10% premine given the Dev recently reduced the total coins that will ever be in existence to around 22million!

Want to fix this once and for all? Vote:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=559932.0

Lets reopen this option ?

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 11:19:58 AM

Last post June 05, 2015
New post by OP : Dec 31,2016

To OP : At least make the effort of changing the name of this hate threads title, we changed name from Darkcoin to Dash some time ago
and thank you for confirming your obsession with Dash to the whole cryptoscene.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 11:31:44 AM

Last post June 05, 2015

To OP : At least make the effort of changing the name of this hate threads title, we changed name from Darkcoin to Dash some time ago

Keep bumping and await the airdrop poll. You will become a pariah to the dash community.

itsaworry

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:49:45 PM

Last post June 05, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/VLmxhtH.png

Keep bumping and await the airdrop poll. You will become a pariah to the dash community.
. . . Dash is running at around $300 today . . . . is it still being regarded as a scam . . . . what's the story now . . ??
dashfan

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:33:36 PM

I think know you can tell for sure than is isn't a scam !  Wink
tasmemphis

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 02:03:19 AM

done