Bitcoin Forum
October 11, 2026, 04:39:53 PM *
News: Serious possible issue involving Ledger hardware wallets and CryptoBilis
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you copy and paste your bitcoin addresses safely  (Read 569 times)
X-ray
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 3752
Merit: 582


Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform


View Profile
October 10, 2026, 03:59:08 AM
 #61

Smart people in the house how did you all bypass the habit of copy pasting wallet addresses?

Is there any whitelist method where you just copy paste it?
Is there any offline methods?

Drop your own copy pasting strategy where dust txns won't reach?

The only method I still have is using wallet to scan barcode.
I find it stressful at times, what about you?
You mean qrcode instead of barcode, if you're really using barcode, i remember when setting up offline airgapped device for my wallet, barcode isn't the best practice for this because 1D barcode will be stretched long to contain address information and a scratch is enough to mess it up.

You should be using qrcode because it have reed-solomon error correction even though if you generate the code everytime you need it, it won't be a problem, but following best practice is always the best.

I also saw NFC method to transfer info about the bitcoin addresses that can be another alternative solution but it isn't really common.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████
▀▀███████▀████████████████████████████████████████
██████████
▀██▄▄████▄██▐████▀▀███████████▀▀████████████████████
█████████
▌██▐██████▌██████▌█▐█████████████▐███████████████████
█████████
▌█████████▄▄▄██████▀▀▀▀███████▌█████▀████████████████
██████████
▄███▀███████▀▀██████▄██████████▐█▀█▄███▀▀███████████
████████████
▄▄███▀▀██▄▄▄▄██▐███▀██▄█▐█▌██▀█▄██▀██▄▄███████████
████████████████
▄▄███▀██▌███████▄█▌███████▐██▌███▀█▄██████████
██████████
▀███▄███████████▐██▌█▐████████▐██▐████▄██▀██████████
█████████
▌██▄███████████▄████▄████▄██▄██████▀▄█████▄▀█████████
█████████
▌██▀███▀▀███▄█████████████████████▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▄█████████
██████████
▄██████▄▄██████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

 🎰  🎲 ..Play Smarter.. 🏀  ⚽ ..Play Now..
Olatundespo
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 938
Merit: 329



View Profile
October 10, 2026, 05:12:32 AM
 #62

Smart people in the house how did you all bypass the habit of copy pasting wallet addresses?

Is there any whitelist method where you just copy paste it?
Is there any offline methods?

Drop your own copy pasting strategy where dust txns won't reach?

The only method I still have is using wallet to scan barcode.
I find it stressful at times, what about you?
Another option to copy and paste the wallet address is to use the barcode. But I find the barcode to be troublesome most of the time. I don't know of any better way at the moment. Copy and paste is the easiest for me.

After pasting the wallet address that you intend to use for the money transfer, double check it. If it is not easy to verify all the letters/digits perfectly, double check the first and last few letters.











██
██
██████
R


▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
██████
██
██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████
 
 THE #1 SOLANA CASINO 
██████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄
▀▀██████▀▀███
██▄▄▀▀▄▄█████
█████████████
█████████████
███▀█████████
▀▄▄██████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
█████████████
████████████▀
████████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
█████████████
▄████████████
██▄██████████
████▄████████
█████████████
█░▀▀█████████
▀▀███████████
█████▄███████
████▀▄▀██████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
████████████▀
[
[
5,000+
GAMES
INSTANT
WITHDRAWALS
][
][
HUGE
   REWARDS   
VIP
PROGRAM
]
]
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
 
PLAY NOW
 

████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Jubilee58
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 420
Merit: 157



View Profile
October 10, 2026, 09:04:08 PM
 #63

I think this is an important aspect of Bitcoin investment as it concerns withdrawal, and deposit of your Bitcoin asset, and it is something that is worth giving attention. Now if you want to copy and paste, ensure you check the address very well after pasting before hitting on the authorize button . Personally, I have experienced fraud by these clipboard hijackers, my cryptocurrency address was changed after copying to the clipboard, and I ended up sending my cryptocurrency asset to another address, and couldn't recover it. Scanning your QR code is also another good method as it eliminates the problem of hijacking your clipboard. Another you should check is your Bitcoin network, ensure you are really sending your asset to the right network, otherwise you can loose your asset and cannot recover it.

███████████    B I T L I S T        🔄 MIXERS     📈 EXCHANGES     🎰 CASINOS    ███████████
████████████████████     CATALOG CRYPTO WEBSITES #KYCFREE    ████████████████████
███████████    |   Bitcointalk Archive   |   Image Hosting   |  Currency Converter  |    ███████████
drangos
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 651
Merit: 105


SIG-A043B59AE2


View Profile WWW
Today at 02:28:46 PM
 #64

What's interesting to note is that checking an address. Is not checking for address poisoning. Attackers can send a small transaction from an address that looks like one you've used before. And hope you'll type in the wrong address from your transaction history. I would like to copy directly from the verified source of the recipient or I would like to use the saved whitelist address after carefully verifying it. If the transfer is larger. It can be even helpful to make a small test transaction. But not against all attacks. Remember never trust a familiar looking address.

███████████    B I T L I S T        🔄 MIXERS     📈 EXCHANGES     🎰 CASINOS    ███████████
████████████████████     CATALOG CRYPTO WEBSITES #KYCFREE    ████████████████████
███████████    |   Bitcointalk Archive   |   Image Hosting   |  Currency Converter  |    ███████████
Nothingtodo
Sr. Member
****
Offline

Activity: 1106
Merit: 326


Vave.com - Crypto Casino


View Profile
Today at 02:46:14 PM
 #65

I usually take care when copying my Bitcoin address, especially if I make a small mistake, I will lose my Bitcoin for life and it will never be possible to recover it.
That's why when I copy the wallet address, I check it multiple times to make sure that no part is missing. Again, usually when I copy it, I definitely save it in a notebook so that I can compare it very well later.
I never accidentally copy my wallet address.

.VAVE.COM.
.NO KYC.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..PICK YOUR..
PROMO CODE

.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.VAVESPINS.
.VAVESPORT.

█▀▀
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..JOIN..
NOW

.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
█
▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!