Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:46:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Armed Feds Prepare For Showdown With Nevada Cattle Rancher  (Read 34635 times)
sana8410

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:50:19 PM

A Ruby Ridge-style standoff is brewing in Nevada, where dozens of armed federal agents are closing in on cattle rancher Cliven Bundy over claims that Bundy has allowed his cows to graze illegally on government land, endangering a protected species of tortoise.

Vowing to take a stand for, “your liberty and freedom,” Bundy says he is prepared to be killed as authorities surround a 600,000 acre section of public land as a result of Bundy violating a 1993 Bureau of Land Management ruling which changed grazing rights in order to protect the endangered desert tortoise.

“With all these rangers and all this force that is out here, they are only after one man right now. They are after Cliven Bundy. Whether they want to incarcerate me or whether they want to shoot me in the back, they are after me. But that is not all that is at stake here. Your liberty and freedom is at stake,” Bundy said.

Bundy’s refusal to recognize federal authority over the land under dispute and his failure to pay tens of thousands of dollars in grazing fees stems from his assertion that his family’s history trumps bureaucracy.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?449087-Armed-Feds-Prepare-For-Showdown-With-Nevada-Cattle-Rancher
“My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley ever since 1877. All these rights I claim have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and water. I have been here longer. My rights are before the BLM even existed,” Bundy said.

I hope they do not kill him...

Granted, he may be wrong, but don't show up at his house with over 200 jack booted thugs, snipers and heavy equipment. Ask the top law enforcement officer in the county (Sheriff) for assistance to serve and carry out the court order.

He may not be right, but the actions of the BLM were so over the top as to be inexcusable considering the circumstances.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:07:04 PM

AnonyMint is bang on.. BANG ON.

Shame the average American..actually any person in a 1st world country.. is scared to death of their own shadow.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 04:02:40 PM

Retaliation  from the FBI:

FBI investigates Bundy ranch supporters

http://rt.com/usa/157924-fbi-investigates-bundy-ranch-supporters

According to local Las Vegas news outlet KLAS, multiple sources have confirmed the FBI has opened a criminal investigation into the event. When Bundy declined to pay up – he claims he does not owe the government anything since his ancestors had used the land for more than a century – federal agents began seizing his cattle. As sympathetic supporters descended upon the ranch – most who believed the government was overreaching – the BLM backed off and released the cattle back into Bundy’s custody. Now, however, there are allegations that Bundy supporters went too far, with many reportedly pointing their weapons at Metro officers who got between them and BLM agents. It is illegal to point a loaded weapon at federal officials, and some Metro officials have told the FBI that Bundy’s supporters launched death threats against them.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:23:23 PM

Slightly at a tangent to the OP - but I just wanted to give a UK perspective on land ownership.

Over here we have no such thing as a Bill of Rights to worry about - and so over here we can happily  Embarrassed Cry live in a country where 0.6 per cent of the British people own 69 per cent of the land on which we live - and they are mostly the same families who owned it in the 19th century. Thats right, the UK is owned, not by the hard working populace therein (who have achieved their ownership of land/property through hard work being rewarded in a meritocracy), but by the likes of the multi-billionaire Duke of Westminster - who has done nothing to earn his wealth - and is entitled to £9.2m in subsidies each year from us, the supplicant taxpayer  Wink

The UK is owned, for the large part, by Aristocrats. Where's the justice in that ? It would seem that the injustices of the world aren't just down to fractional reserve banking after all.

So you should think yourself lucky over the pond that the land you live on isn't owned by families proclaiming a Divine Right argument - though the Bundy clan might as well be, from where I'm sat.

It's not luck.  The founders of this country and a decent enough percentage of the policy makers since were keenly aware of the issues you mention.  They knew all about the issues that crop up when nobility absorbs most of the land into their own divine fiefdoms.  Various policies over the years have tried to avoid this.  For instance, the homestead policy of the West where a person had to 'prove up' in order to take title which took time, capital, and dedication and resulted in only 160 acres of land.  Land speculation has been a source of extreme interest in the Western U.S. since the early days.  The government and the population sensed the dangers and part of the reason that there is so much public land in our Western states is a fallout from the policies of trying to avoid the European experience.

The UK is out in front on technology and infrastructure to monitor and manage the population, and I've no doubt that this is in part because it is easy for resentment to build when property ownership are so disproportionate.  Especially when the large owners are subsidized by the masses which, for political reasons, is usually what happens.  It's an ominous sign that the U.S. is catching up quickly.  And also an interesting observation that China spends more of their defense budget on internal security and external.  All three nations have a high GINI coefficient (which is related to but not equivalent to property title.)

Back here in the U.S., certain groups have been chaffing for a long time under policies which thwart their dreams.  One groups has been the Mormons (some) who literally believe in this divine right principle.  Another are people who have the capital and see a utility in using the other groups as pawns (e.g., the Koch bros.)

---

Back to the Bundy nobility experience, I note that bovids (American Bison) were not native to either the Arizona strip where Bundyville is, or the lower reaches of the Virgin valley where Bunkerville is even though they found most of the rest of North America habitable.  The Bundy tribe failed in AZ and failed in NV for the same basic reasons...they are trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole.  And creating a lot of damage to a sensitive environment which cannot recover quickly in the process.  It doesn't matter how many episodes of 'Bonanza' Cliven may have watched, it just won't work there.

With respect to 'communism', I'll again call attention to the legacy of Bunkerville:

The residents of Bunkerville, so named by Brigham Young, established a new communal effort, sharing the work and the fruits of their work, with all land being held in common. The communal experiment ended in 1880.

"Hey guys!  I've got a great idea;  You work for me for free and I'll fuck your daughter!"

How such a construct failed is baffling to me as a known commie.  That it worked for even a few years is enlightening about the deficits that existed in the original gene pool however.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:34:50 PM

It is Illegal to point your weapon at federal agents... ooooh how far we have fallen since the greatness that was America.
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:00:05 PM

It is Illegal to point your weapon at federal agents... ooooh how far we have fallen since the greatness that was America.

Nearly everything is illegal at this point. The things that aren't soon will be. The fed scumbags are fine pointing sniper rifles, but aiming at them is a skeery crime. Always two sets of rules.

http://mises.org/daily/5759/Decriminalize-the-Average-Man

This was back in 2011, and the overactive congress critters pass thousands of useless laws a year.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:38:24 PM

Granted, he may be wrong, but don't show up at his house with over 200 jack booted thugs, snipers and heavy equipment. Ask the top law enforcement officer in the county (Sheriff) for assistance to serve and carry out the court order.

He may not be right, but the actions of the BLM were so over the top as to be inexcusable considering the circumstances.

Fact-check:

The BLM didn't show up 'at his house'.  They showed up on public lands under Federal jurisdiction about 7 miles from Bundy's melon-patch/junkyard.

The BLM were active exclusively on public lands they manage rounding up trespass cattle, some with Bundy brands and some without.  And maybe little bit of the right-of-way for federal, state, and county roads.

The BLM showed up with some fire-power which, obviously, was not unwarranted given the threats to their operations.  They were unprepared to employ the fire-power they brought given that their brave and noble adversaries were using women and children as human shields.  This is a good thing in my opinion.  The Feds know they did wrong in the Weaver incident (even if the general population was fooled by the media) and seem to have learned their lesson.  I, for one, hope that this trend continues.

And the 200 'jackbooted thugs' is absurd hyperbole as well (very common around these parts.)  There may or may not have been 200 personnel in total, but a vastly fewer number were directly involved with security.  It pisses me off that my tax dollars are being wasted in this manner.  That waste is directly attributable to deadbeat welfare rancher Cliven Bundy -n- kin and their unlawful operations and criminal actions going back 20 years.

So far the Feds have not set foot on any property that Bundy owns.  That's likely to change at some point however.  Tic-toc, tic-toc...

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:16:42 PM

Forbes continues it's enjoyable propaganda hit piece:

All in the Family

A quick glance at public record documents for Bundy’s immediate family shows that his ideas have indeed been passed along with serious repercussions. While most of the family does appear to have abided by state and federal laws, at least prior to the standoff, a look at records of some of the closest relatives reveals a surprising number of criminal charges in Arizona, Utah, and Nevada.

• Driving without a license or proof of insurance
  • Passing a bad check
  • Failure to appear in court
  • Criminal contempt
  • Grand larceny of firearm
  • Burglary
  • Attempted forgery
  • Violation of probation
  • Interfering with legal arrest

Notwithstanding the somewhat misleading 'closest relatives' terminology which probably characterizes most of the local population, I don't doubt that story is factually accurate.  Else Forbes would be successfully sued.

This is exactly what I would expect to see in this situation.  And using 'sovereign citizen' principles mixed with a little dynastic entitlement, I could easily justify any one of these infractions.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:37:52 PM

In a related display of tactical and strategic brilliance:

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/220675/bundy-ranch-supporters-to-atv-all-over-navajo-archaeological-site-because-freedom/

So:

Lemme take my $10k machine which I took out a mortgage on my double-wide and neglected to feed my kids in order to get and ride it into a box canyon where it will be easily captured.

While I'm at it, lemme alienate the Native Americans who are, traditionally, among the most prone to support idiotic right-wing ideologies out West.

I stand in awe at the genius of these folk!  It remains to be seen whether the Feds really have learned their lessons on how to deal with these mouth-breathers.

AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:21:40 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 10:36:20 PM by AnonyMint

Blah, blah, blah.

Bottom line is what I wrote upthread. The Federal goverment is now 75% of the GDP in the USA (including regulation compliance, see my sources upthread).

If we can't personally defend ourselves, we will end up like the UK (where 0.2% own 69% of the land) or worse perhaps like one of the countries Hitler rolled though and put in concentration camps.

Any way, as I have admitted upthread, I think the time for physical revolution has long since passed. The majority of the population are chattel and deserve their fate.

That is why I work on anonymous crypto-currency for those who want to move into a Knowledge Age economy which is unfettered by government. I discuss this in great detail in the following thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557732.0

So I want to bow out of this discussion, because politics (e.g. tvbcof's ad hominem attacks on Bundy to misdirect attention away from the Fed govt's abusive growth) is such an enormous waste of breath and time. The only things that ever make a difference are technology that enables individual action. I point that out in the above linked thread.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
AnonyMint

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:40:16 PM

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Bottom line is political revolution can't work any more
Date:    Fri, May 9, 2014 6:37 pm
To:      armstrongeconomics@gmail.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sure hope Martin Armstrong wises up and realizes the politics is already
lost to the majority, which is a global majority of chattel managed by a
well-hidden global elite. They are even manipulating the outcome in
Ukraine. Proof is if the USA or EU was intent on Ukraine's independence,
they would ship guns to put under every blade of grass so individuals
could defend themselves (see Hitler quote below). Instead, the IMF sends
them loans in order to further the world governance plan of consolidation.

===================================================
The Ukraine situation is all about global currency and global governance.
In the
New American link you'll see a description of IMF loans to the Ukraine as
being a
vehicle to expand the SDR system.    Brandon Smith of Alt-Market is the
second link.
Gatekeeper coverage of side topics such as military factories is akin to red
herrings.
Memes of US vs. Russia "escalating tension" and hysterical pieces on the
new cold
war and WWIII are bait for world government, as well as the previously
discussed
goals of creating a dollar devaluation scapegoat; distractions from economic
contraction, corruption, spying, and police state activities; and more
justification
for heavily funding the military industrial complex against assorted faux
boogeymen.
 Smoke and mirrors.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/item/18207-imf-bailout-for-ukraine-and-a-new-world-currency

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/2126-false-eastwest-paradigm-hides-the-rise-of-global-currency

> Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 06:18:29 -0400
> Subject: Putin needed East Ukraine because of 50 military factories?
>
> http://www.businessinsider.com/why-putin-needs-east-and-south-ukraine-2014-5#ixzz317OqrXDd
===================================================

Excerpts from the following posts (click to read in context).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=564097.msg6625901#msg6625901

"I consider my firearms to be useless against the government in anything
like our current social structure and any realistic balance of power on
the basis of armaments alone."

You have no fucking clue why our forefathers wanted the right to bear arms:

https://www.google.com/search?q=forefathers+reason+for+right+to+bear+arms

http://www.rense.com/general2/right.htm

And so how did Hitler overrun Europe as easily as a hot knife slicing
through butter:

"Tyrannical governments kill far more people than private criminals. The
Nazis conducted a massive search-and-seizure operation in 1933 to disarm
their political opponents, in 1938 to disarm the Jews, and when they
occupied Europe in 1939-41 they proclaimed the death penalty for anyone
who failed to surrender all guns within 24 hours."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=564097.msg6640975#msg6640975

Blah, blah, blah.

Bottom line is what I wrote upthread. The Federal goverment is now 75% of
the GDP in the USA (including regulation compliance, see my sources
upthread).

If we can't personally defend ourselves, we will end up like the UK (where
0.2% own 69% of the land) or worse perhaps like one of the countries
Hitler rolled though and put in concentration camps.

Any way, as I have admitted upthread, I think the time for physical
revolution has long since passed. The majority of the population are
chattel and deserve their fate.

That is why I work on anonymous crypto-currency for those who want to move
into a Knowledge Age economy which is unfettered by government. I discuss
this in great detail in the following thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=557732.0

So I want to bow out of this discussion, because politics (e.g. tvbcof's
ad hominem attacks on Bundy to misdirect attention away from the Fed
govt's abusive growth) is such an enormous waste of breath and time. The
only things that ever make a difference are technology that enables
individual action. I point that out in the above linked thread.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
solarion

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:44:39 PM

So I want to bow out of this discussion, because politics (e.g. tvbcof's ad hominem attacks of Bundy to misdirect attention away from the Fed govt's abusive growth) is such an enormous waste of breath and time. The only things that ever make a difference are technology that enables individual action. I point that out in the above linked thread.

It's mindless crap like tvbcof's lefty gibberish that ensures peaceful political activism goes nowhere. "It's all the fault of those damn bible thumping right wingers! Go team blue!" Like it makes a damn bit of difference which letter appears after the name of the collectivists in power at any given time. The march of tyranny doesn't miss a beat in the US whether it's shrub jr or barry in the oval office. Mindless twinkies like tvbcof are so busy spewing their rehearsed stereotypes that they will never understand the concept of controlled opposition and the cover it provides for the collectivists. Divide and oppress is the name of the game, but so many are blind as brainwashed bats.  
AnonyMint

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 11:26:08 PM

This is where the country of chattel is headed:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/05/09/why-the-republic-leadership-needs-to-go-it-is-political-civil-war/

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/05/09/unions-want-to-tax-exchanges-to-pay-for-their-pensions/

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/05/09/taxing-whatever-moves-a-political-tradition/

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/05/08/bull-market-in-taxes/

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/05/07/a-significant-change-in-trend/

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2014/05/07/geopolitical-chaos/

You either find a way to do commerce that the govt can't steal or we go into a Dark Age.

Physical gold and silver are hoarding paradigms, and velocity-of-money (i.e. V in the M x V = P x Q ≈ GDP in the Quantity Theory of Money equation) plummets (V is already down -50% since 2007).

Revolution can't fix it. Political action can't fix it.

You've only got one hope. Anonymous crypto-currency.

bottle1water

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 02:16:32 AM

we can't see this in news in China.Chnese gov is scared of this.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:19:12 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2014, 05:19:26 PM by tvbcof

You've only got one hope. Anonymous crypto-currency.

Annoyneymint is nothing but a run-of-the-mill altcoin scammer.  I'd bet a dime to a doughnut that he was trying to peddle some 'free energy' crap last year before he heard of Bitcoin and that's how he developed his portfolio of techno-gibberish.

The trouble for scammers like Annoyneymint is that most of the suckers like Solarion have already been cleaned out by the last huckster.  I suppose that some of them might have recouped a couple of bucks through their disability payments and other government welfare programs, but there is simply no big pay-day to be had for a grifter at this level.  Remember, this is Bitcoin, and idiots tend to get ass-raped within the first few weeks of playing around with it.

Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:17:20 AM

Well folks you see how politics devolves into an invasion into personal privacy and choice.

The issue was property rights, but the Communists will always try to divert it from that of course.

The thread is basically dead, because there is nothing more to discuss.

Opt-out and let the Communists do the megadeath ritual.

Only collectivists (Communists and Capitalists) demand property rights. Real humans (communities beyond the society) don't. Communism/capitalism is the perversion of the community.

Thus you agree to let me cut off your penis. It is not your property. Your penis is a nomad that should roam and not be possessed nor owned.

Conflating property rights with collectivism is a signal you are losing your sanity.

A brain (if you have one) is not a property. It's a brain.
Demanding state-guaranteed rights is a collectivist behavior,whether your state is 'local' or global.

I never said anything about state guarantees for property rights. It is about the sovereign's ability to protect his rights, and that includes the fruit and food sources of your tribal jungle nirvana fantasy.

You should study tribal life. It was fraught with continuous war and kidnapping of women.

Bullshit. These are wellknown fairytales of civilized collectivists, distributed by Jared Diamond et al.
They don't know anything about anarchy, the times before the invention of patriarchy.
http://gerhardbott.de/das-buch/summary-in-english.html
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 07:46:06 AM

Well folks you see how politics devolves into an invasion into personal privacy and choice.

The issue was property rights, but the Communists will always try to divert it from that of course.

The thread is basically dead, because there is nothing more to discuss.

Opt-out and let the Communists do the megadeath ritual.

Only collectivists (Communists and Capitalists) demand property rights. Real humans (communities beyond the society) don't. Communism/capitalism is the perversion of the community.

Thus you agree to let me cut off your penis. It is not your property. Your penis is a nomad that should roam and not be possessed nor owned.

Conflating property rights with collectivism is a signal you are losing your sanity.

A brain (if you have one) is not a property. It's a brain.
Demanding state-guaranteed rights is a collectivist behavior,whether your state is 'local' or global.

I never said anything about state guarantees for property rights. It is about the sovereign's ability to protect his rights, and that includes the fruit and food sources of your tribal jungle nirvana fantasy.

This is what anonymint, the notorious collectivist is telling us:

"When a government attacks its own people it becomes illegitimate. The people have a right to a representative government."

He wants to be governed and patronized. He thinks that there are legitimate governments out there. What a 'living' cartoon of an anarchist!
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 09:51:50 AM

A Ruby Ridge-style standoff is brewing in Nevada, where dozens of armed federal agents are closing in on cattle rancher Cliven Bundy over claims that Bundy has allowed his cows to graze illegally on government land, endangering a protected species of tortoise.

Vowing to take a stand for, “your liberty and freedom,” Bundy says he is prepared to be killed as authorities surround a 600,000 acre section of public land as a result of Bundy violating a 1993 Bureau of Land Management ruling which changed grazing rights in order to protect the endangered desert tortoise.

“With all these rangers and all this force that is out here, they are only after one man right now. They are after Cliven Bundy. Whether they want to incarcerate me or whether they want to shoot me in the back, they are after me. But that is not all that is at stake here. Your liberty and freedom is at stake,” Bundy said.

Bundy’s refusal to recognize federal authority over the land under dispute and his failure to pay tens of thousands of dollars in grazing fees stems from his assertion that his family’s history trumps bureaucracy.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?449087-Armed-Feds-Prepare-For-Showdown-With-Nevada-Cattle-Rancher
“My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley ever since 1877. All these rights I claim have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and water. I have been here longer. My rights are before the BLM even existed,” Bundy said.

People are asking why the fed gov doesn't just put a lien on his cattle and assets instead of doing the swat raid bullshit which is what would normally happen.
Reason is now coming out. Since the feds failed to act in a timely manner after 1993, Bundy is likely covered under something called "Prescriptive Rights".
In other words, it's like squatter's rights. He has been using the land for enough time without incident by the feds that he now has rights to the land after all and BLM knows it.

solarion

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 03:42:49 PM

People are asking why the fed gov doesn't just put a lien on his cattle and assets instead of doing the swat raid bullshit which is what would normally happen.
Reason is now coming out. Since the feds failed to act in a timely manner after 1993, Bundy is likely covered under something called "Prescriptive Rights".
In other words, it's like squatter's rights. He has been using the land for enough time without incident by the feds that he now has rights to the land after all and BLM knows it.

That would imply that the thugs BLM now owe Bundy compensation for the cattle they've killed while illegally rounding them up. Anyone think there's a chance they'll pay it? The US does not operate on a single rule of law.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 04:54:10 PM

FBI investigating Bundy supporters in BLM dispute
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25469579/breaking-news-fbi-investigating-bundy-supporters-in-blm-dispute
LAS VEGAS -- A dramatic development in the saga surrounding rancher Cliven Bundy, the FBI has entered the case.

The 8 News NOW I-Team has learned that FBI agents have started an investigation into the events surrounding a potentially deadly showdown one month ago.

It is one thing for Cliven Bundy and his supporters to square off against an assortment of Bureau of Land Management employees. It is quite another when the FBI enters the picture, and that is exactly what has happened.

The I-Team has confirmed that FBI agents have launched a formal investigation into alleged death threats, intimidation and possible weapons violations that culminated with a dangerous showdown on April 12, and the first people to be interviewed by FBI agents are Metro Police, starting with Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillispie.

Federal employees suspended their roundup of Cliven Bundy's cattle, following a confrontation outside the BLM compound near Bunkerville. At the urging of Metro Police, Bundy's cattle were released, but BLM's new director announced the matter wasn't over and would be resolved, one way or another. We now know what that means.

Last week, the I-Team talked with Metro officers who intervened to protect the lives of federal employees from the 400 or so Bundy supporters and armed militia members. Officers told the I-Team they feared for their lives that day because of the assembled firepower, and because many in the crowd had pointed weapons at officers, taunted them, told them they should be ready to die.

Assistant Sheriff Joe Lombardo, who was left in charge of the Metro contingent by Sheriff Doug Gillespie, told the I-Team that such alleged behavior would be the subject of a criminal investigation.

"The federal authorities are conducting an investigation and I am pretty confident it is going to go into the future," Lombardo said.

"(Would there be consequences for somebody there on video tape, on a news camera pointing a gun at a Metro officer, pointing a gun at a federal ranger?) Yes, there is definitely going to be consequences, definitely. That is unacceptable behavior. If we let it go, it would continue into the future," Lombardo said.

The I-Team has learned that Lombardo was interviewed by FBI agents earlier this week. The first person to be questioned by the FBI team was Lombardo's boss, Sheriff Gillespie.

The sheriff confirmed to 8 News NOW that he was asked about what he saw the day of the showdown, whether guns were pointed at metro officers. He declined to say what he said to the agents.

FBI agents also spoke to an entire squad of Metro officers, who were on the scene to act as a buffer between the crowd and the BLM. Bundy supporters have insisted in emails and calls to 8 News NOW that no one in the crowd pointed weapons at BLM or Metro, but officers told the I-Team that is exactly what they saw, that many with guns set up behind women and children.

"It is not a rumor. When we first got out there and made a left to divide I-15, that is all you saw. You saw kids and women and horses in the backdrop and then men with guns, laying on the ground, in the back of pickup trucks. We're going, 'wow, this would never happen in Las Vegas,' But it was there. That is not a rumor. It is reality and I saw it with my own eyes," Metro Police Sgt. Tom Jenkins said.

Sgt. Jenkins has been interviewed by the FBI. A second squad is expected to be interviewed by week's end. The bureau does not confirm or deny the existence of any investigation but the I-Team have confirmed from multiple sources that a criminal investigation is underway.

It is illegal to point loaded weapons at federal agents, and most people know what would happen, if a suspect pointed a gun at a Metro officer in the Las Vegas valley. The flip side is A-Ok. Undecided

Bundy supporters have been adamant in saying no weapons were aimed at the feds or police, that the BLM rangers were the ones pointing guns.

From the sound of things, they will be given the chance to prove those allegations because the FBI is coming their way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: