Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:42:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Armed Feds Prepare For Showdown With Nevada Cattle Rancher  (Read 34635 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:50:15 AM

<meme pic>

Utter bullshit.  Annoyneymint produces vast quantities of complete cut-n-paste stuff and spams multiple threads with it.  Some threads are dedicated to cross-posting the spam from other thread.

It doesn't matter if a guy is explaining the secrets of the universe.  Spam is spam.  Someone doing this comes across as a self-centered deadbeat leaching on other people's resources (time, CPU, etc.)  In the case of most of Annoyneymint's stuff, a skim of it seems that it's not even all that interesting and often enough not even relevant to any particular topic (which, by nature, can deviate from the OP.)

On the contrary, anyone producing original material which is relevant to a particular effort and is spending some time trying to be fair about what they trim has my respect even if I find them to be completely wrong and ignorant.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 08:56:59 AM

<meme pic>

Utter bullshit.  Annoyneymint produces vast quantities of complete cut-n-paste stuff and spams multiple threads with it.  Some threads are dedicated to cross-posting the spam from other thread.

It doesn't matter if a guy is explaining the secrets of the universe.  Spam is spam.  Someone doing this comes across as a self-centered deadbeat leaching on other people's resources (time, CPU, etc.)  In the case of most of Annoyneymint's stuff, a skim of it seems that it's not even all that interesting and often enough not even relevant to any particular topic (which, by nature, can deviate from the OP.)

On the contrary, anyone producing original material which is relevant to a particular effort and is spending some time trying to be fair about what they trim has my respect even if I find them to be completely wrong and ignorant.

Yes, because I am sure no one else could also describe you in this way. This is the cost of free speech, some times you are offended by what others say. You don't have a right to not be offended. The moment you limit one persons speech you limit everyone.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 04:20:27 PM

Does anyone have any idea why the USDA would want that?

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=9fc3a01217d03b0354e1e18b69aa7bad&tab=core&_cview=0

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/usda-releases-request-for-40-cal-sub-machine-guns/

solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:01:02 PM

That weapon has only one purpose.

Previously benign alphabet agencies adding heavily armed enforcement divisions has been the norm for some while.

This is from an article dated sept 14, 2013 though the numbers have likely climbed further by now:

The Environmental Protection Agency, whose armed agents in full body armor participated, acknowledged taking part in the Alaska Environmental Crimes Task Force investigation, which it said was conducted to look for possible violations of the Clean Water Act.

However, EPA officials denied the operation was a “raid” and didn't address speculation about whether it was connected to possible human and drug trafficking.

“Imagine coming up to your diggings, only to see agents swarming over it like ants, wearing full body armor, with jackets that say "POLICE" emblazoned on them, and all packing side arms,” gold miner C.R. Hammond told the Alaska Dispatch.

The other federal agencies participating in the operation were the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the Coast Guard, the National Oceanic and the Atmospheric Administration and the U.S. Park Service.

The Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management and Park Service are among 24 federal agencies employing more than 250 full-time armed officers with arrest authority, according the federal report, which is based on the 2008 Census of Federal Law Enforcement Officers.

The other 16 agencies have less than 250 officers and include NOAA as well as the Library of Congress, the Federal Reserve Board and the National Institutes of Health.

The number of federal department with armed personnel climbs to 73 when adding in the 33 offices of inspector general, the government watchdogs for agencies as large as the Postal Service to the Government Printing Office, whose IG has only five full-time officers.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/14/armed-epa-agents-in-alaska-shed-light-on-70-fed-agencies-with-armed-divisions/

This is just more evidence of the unconstitutional fourth branch of government usurping authority that rightly belongs elsewhere. If the pencil pushers at the BLM have a problem with someone in Nevada, they're required to utilize the duly elected county sheriff to enforce laws. There's no provision in the Constitution that allows the BLM to attack a citizen of the state of Nevada directly. Until state legislatures grow some balls and begin pushing back against federal tyranny this crap will continue.
practicaldreamer

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:04:48 PM

The moment you limit one persons speech you limit everyone.

Not really.

Maybe not the best example, but if I go to a wife swap party (which I wouldn't BTW) and Annoynymint shows up with just a tub of lube and a bag of salted peanuts, well, its not cricket so to speak, is it ? I mean, he's not playing the game. He's bringing nothing to the table.

Do you see what I mean ?

What do you do ? Let him bang your wife - cos if you limit one persons right to bang your wife you limit everyones ?

Or do you tell him to GTFO and boot his arse out the door ?
solarion

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:11:00 PM

The moment you limit one persons speech you limit everyone.

Not really.

Maybe not the best example, but if I go to a wife swap party (which I wouldn't BTW) and Annoynymint shows up with just a tub of lube and a bag of salted peanuts, well, its not cricket so to speak, is it ? I mean, he's not playing the game. He's bringing nothing to the table.

Do you see what I mean ?

What do you do ? Let him bang your wife - cos if you limit one persons right to bang your wife you limit everyones ?

Or do you tell him to GTFO and boot his arse out the door ?

Beg pardon? What does switch hitter wife banging have to do with 1st Amendment rights?

What a strange post. You do realize you can just click the ignore button right? You're not required to even see anyone else's posts.
practicaldreamer

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:53:14 PM

Beg pardon?

Sorry - sometimes I have a tendency to "think aloud", especially online.

Let me put it another way - "Rights" of the individual don't exist "a priori" - they aren't written in stone or God given. They are granted to an individual according to how the community, within which the individual coexists with other individuals, see's fit - and according to how much the community can afford (before the succesful organic survival of the community is threatened). The "rights" of the individual could almost be seen as possible courses of action that are accredited to the individual according to an outlay by the community that can be (agreed upon and) afforded. Rights have to be paid for. They are not dissimilar to privileges.

Does that make it any clearer for you ?
solarion

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:04:43 PM

Beg pardon?

Let me put it another way - "Rights" of the individual don't exist "a priori" - they aren't written in stone or God given. They are granted to an individual according to how the community, within which the individual coexists with other individuals, see's fit - and according to how much the community can afford (before the succesful organic survival of the community is threatened). The "rights" of the individual could almost be seen as possible courses of action that are accredited to the individual according to an outlay by the community that can be (agreed upon and) afforded. Rights have to be paid for. They are not dissimilar to privileges.

Crystal. TY.

You're describing the difference between a democracy and a Constitutional Republic.

The United States of America is the latter, though federalist usurpers would have you believe otherwise.

There is ZERO ambiguity here:

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 06:04:53 PM

Beg pardon?

Yes it makes it very clear. Very clear to me you do not understand constitutional law. They are RIGHTS not privileges. Privileges are granted, rights are basic and inherent. The writers of the constitution very clearly state your rights ARE God given and INALIENABLE - which literally means no lien can be place upon it removing it. In reality you have to fight to actualize your rights, that doesn't mean some one who doesn't fight still doesn't have a right, they just don't get to enjoy it because they let people take it.    

My original point which clearly went over your head was that if you make censorship for one group ok, no other groups are safe. No rights for one, no rights for all.
practicaldreamer

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 08:09:10 PM

The "rights" of the individual could almost be seen as possible courses of action that are accredited to the individual according to an outlay by the community that can be (agreed upon and) afforded.

Fuck me - I'm talking about Bitcoin here aren't I ?

Rights are arrived at via consensus - they aren't God given at all, there is no God FFS. Rights change over time and by place/culture.

Bitcoin and Communitarianism - there's a Ph.d thesis here for someone.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 08:31:24 PM

The "rights" of the individual could almost be seen as possible courses of action that are accredited to the individual according to an outlay by the community that can be (agreed upon and) afforded.

Fuck me - I'm talking about Bitcoin here aren't I ?

Rights are arrived at via consensus - they aren't God given at all, there is no God FFS. Rights change over time and by place/culture.

Bitcoin and Communitarianism - there's a Ph.d thesis here for someone.
You are thinking about it, clearly not talking about it. Try saying the words it helps communication. Additionally just because you are talking/thinking about Bitcoin doesn't mean you get to redefine my point. This is the politics and society section after all. It doesn't need to be cryptocentric.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:29:12 AM

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: "Human rights" and "just" society are mass delusions
Date:    Thu, May 15, 2014 8:34 pm
To:      "Armstrong Economics" <armstrongeconomics@gmail.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=564097.msg6754006#msg6754006

These numbnuts will complain about others milking the collective trough,
but they don't admit to themselves that their own financial status is due
to the $223 trillion global total debt, $1000+ trillion of global unfunded
future liabilities from government to constituents, and another $1000+
trillion of global derivative swaps to hedge all of this and hold into
place beyond the point where it should have all defaulted in 1998 with
Long Term Capital Management when the velocity of money peaked as the
Knowledge Economy started to rise with the dot.com (computer network
effects) boom.

In other words, the numbnuts single out others without admitting to
themselves that they are too milking the trough and will be pay the (Grim)
Reaper eventually too.

They think so highly of themselves and the (repeating throughout all human
history) imminent megadeath society.

As for (constitutional or inalienable) rights, these don't exist except in
illusory lies for the formation a such a "just" society.

Rather rights exist only individually enforced when you possess knowledge
of a freedom frontier.

"Human rights" is always a manipulation of society by the power vacuum of
centralized control (a.k.a. democracy) that must control it.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
Nemo1024
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 06:06:45 PM

An interesting read here on this topic (haven't been following it too close, though):

http://rt.com/op-edge/159436-us-agriculture-submachine-guns-weapons/

What does the National Weather Service, Social Security Administration and now, the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), all have in common? These government agencies are all hoarding weapons and ammunition for no good reason.

In an interview prior the BLM’s announcement, Bundy said he was impressed by the level of support he had received.

"I'm excited that we are really fighting for our freedom. We've been losing it for a long time," he said.

Ironically, however, thanks in part to Bundy’s victory, and yet another US government agency arming itself to the teeth for unstated purposes, it looks like American freedom is more at risk than ever.

Related?

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:47:32 AM

Good news, pot heads!  The Feds will now be restricting your use of Federally-seized and re-hypothecated "public" water resources.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2014/05/20/227933/feds-wont-allow-water-for-pot.html?sp=%2F99%2F100%2F&ihp=1

the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation said today it will not allow any federally-controlled water to be used on marijuana crops.

"This water is needed for the desert tortoise," said a Federal government spokesperson.  "Try smoking heroin instead."

(quotes not guaranteed accurate)

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:14:14 PM

There are a contingent of individuals who are still potentially useful in future psyops.

Here they come.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 03:16:04 PM

Coincidence: Las Vegas Shooter Jerad Miller Interviewed by NBC News During Bundy Standoff www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jerad-miller-shows-support-cliven-bundy-n126941
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:03:39 PM

There are a contingent of individuals who are still potentially useful in future psyops.

Here they come.

It must be Comicon's fault...  Cheesy

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:01:27 PM

Coincidence: Las Vegas Shooter Jerad Miller Interviewed by NBC News During Bundy Standoff www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jerad-miller-shows-support-cliven-bundy-n126941

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/06/14/busted-media-fails-mention-vegas-shooters-involvement-occupy-movement/

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 03:16:29 PM

Video of Jerad Miller Speaking at Cliven Bundy Ranch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LV3rwdEN80

What an embarrassment.  Angry
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:09:48 PM

Video of Jerad Miller Speaking at Cliven Bundy Ranch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LV3rwdEN80

What an embarrassment.  Angry

Where is the embarrassment in the video?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: