Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:11:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-e account hacked :(  (Read 4642 times)
icet208 (OP)

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:59:10 PM

lesson learned..the hard way..Sad
Kipsy89

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Relax!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:41:07 PM

Hello

About a week ago my btc-e account got hacked..he bought Ltc with all my Btc and us and withdraw all (also hacke my cryptsy.com account; didn't had may btc there)..in total he withdraw about 3 btc...I think he had acces to may email aswel..although he didn't left any clue..(no mails from btc-e.com or cryptsy.com..not in spam, trash..) Don`t know how this was possible..maybe keylogger...I had bitdefender total security last version and it didn`t intercept anything..I sent ticket to btc-e.com and they sent me the log (didn't had 2fa). The ip is : 93.115.84.195  It is a VPN from Romania. What should I do next?

Ltc wich he withdraw: http://block-explorer.com/address/LecyuhVDyn1djAZ286uzX7bG6Sbk6KBmTU

Awww man, I'm so sorry to hear that! I don't like all those scammers! I think it's very very bad for your karma do scam anyone and trick them out of their money. People need to be nicer to other people or we will all end up in a world where no one can be trusted anymore. Sometimes I think Bitcoin just accelerates this a lot!

agharezai

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:53:56 PM

how should I ask yahoo to give me login logs?
icet208 (OP)

Activity: 762

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:17:27 PM

how should I ask yahoo to give me login logs?

don`t think they will wive you logs..you can se the activity for past 2 days if I`m not mistaking
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:51:53 PM

My btc-e account was hacked on Thursday 7th and my 1100NMC + 1400PPC where withdrawn without me. they hacked my email too. the address they send my NMC to is: NKoRGdKkDHNQSTXwednEdyMsgnJA2oyxk2 and the address they used for PPC is: PXsMukRtNKo7rYrNoarMRnfqoNkff9k5E6 .
I sent tickets to btc-e support and they said: Your funds are gone out of the exchange and we can't bring them back to you.
what should I do???

Check for malware.
Generate new secure passwords for your btc-e account, email account, e-banking acconut and all other important accounts (different password for different site).
Enable 2FA for the sites.
aronnov

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:39:50 AM

i think btc-e account has a superior security that can not be hacked by the hacker, i hope IT security in btc-e account can make security more secure to prevent lossing user data, hoperfully ...
amir123123

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:06:28 AM

i think btc-e account has a superior security that can not be hacked by the hacker, i hope IT security in btc-e account can make security more secure to prevent lossing user data, hoperfully ...

nothing is impossible dude.
use 2FA.
heybigboy1

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:08:11 AM

Ouch, that hurts the soul Sad Sorry about your loss. I had around 3 BTC and my laptop fell in water(long story).
Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:44:38 AM

nothing is impossible dude.
use 2FA.

But do you think maybe it's the fault of BTC-e, since some people say they're very shady. It seems no one even knows where they're located. Form my experiences, people often do illegal things when they don't want to be found. They stay hidden for a reason, you know!!!

BowieMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:48:35 AM

Ouch, that hurts the soul Sad Sorry about your loss. I had around 3 BTC and my laptop fell in water(long story).

How did that happen??? Please elaborate! A water damage doesn't necessarily destroy the hard drive or the data on it. When was that Do you still have the drive and did you try rescuing the data on it???

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:53:47 AM

Passwords i think is really hard to hack especially if you have lots of symbols, upper and lowercase letters. IF they got into you account then often times this is due to keyloggers, browser apps and downloading untrusted files. Else its the fault of BTC-e.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:44:08 AM

Passwords i think is really hard to hack especially if you have lots of symbols, upper and lowercase letters. IF they got into you account then often times this is due to keyloggers, browser apps and downloading untrusted files. Else its the fault of BTC-e.

What to you mean by "hack"... You are just talking about trying to guess the password using heuristics and brute force. If you get hold of the password, it doesn't matter if it is '123456' or a 25-character random string. It's cracked. Bam. 2FA is an awesome protection against that, because you need to get access to 2 passwords (1 2FA key), and the 2FA keys are one time tokens, so stealing them won't do you any good.

celeron21

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 02:01:32 PM

so sad to hear...
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:21:15 PM

Very sorry to hear this, unfortunately there is not a lot you can do after you have been hacked aside from learn from any mistake you may have made that resulted in the hack and try and pull yourself back. Hopefully you can do this as it can not be a nice feeling knowing that everything you managed to make has been taken.
agharezai

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:28:51 AM

can anyone help me monitor the coins that where they are now?
The address where my 1101.3NMC where sent to is: NKoRGdKkDHNQSTXwednEdyMsgnJA2oyxk2
The address where my 141.54PPC where sent to is:  PXsMukRtNKo7rYrNoarMRnfqoNkff9k5E6

Please help me find the location. Asking other exchanges about the final address is a good idea. does anyone help?
thanks
HashFarmer

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:33:16 AM

The address where my 1101.3NMC where sent to is: NKoRGdKkDHNQSTXwednEdyMsgnJA2oyxk2
The address where my 141.54PPC where sent to is:  PXsMukRtNKo7rYrNoarMRnfqoNkff9k5E6

Please help me find the location. Asking other exchanges about the final address is a good idea. does anyone help?
thanks

Its almost impossible to find the location of the hacker, might as well find other ways to get it back..
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:14:22 PM

I'm not sure how large an amount of BTC your account was hacked for but I'd suggest not keeping large amounts of Bitcoin on the exchange from now on.  Best to have a wallet you control solely and play it safe.  Sorry for the loss of funds but now you know what not to do for next time and can prevent being a victim again. 
Pony789

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:15:34 PM

thanks

Sorry to hear the loss. Those NMC and PPC worth about 2.6 BTC at current price, but I think you need to take it as an expensive lesson as the chance of getting your coins back is almost zero. Sad

cookiemonsterwhat

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:01:48 PM

i heard too many horror stories with delayed btc-e deposit slips, anyone know where i can find btc-e codes instead?''

its a bit off topic, and im aware his account got hacked, but its some what a similar issue with accounts.
Moneyunmaker

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:30:32 AM

Remember to use different pass for accounts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: