Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:28:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is ANC So Low?  (Read 1286 times)
Armis (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:09:08 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 12:25:29 AM by Armis

One day as a child walking along the beach I found a $5 bill, it made me so happy ...

Was looking at Anoncoin (ANC) moments ago for the first time, from the charts it looks ripe for the picking, so then I looked at the site (didn't like what I read), then I looked at long term charts (back to 2013), it looks like a solid CC, what I don't understand is the low volume extremely low price, particularly at this point in time -- WHY?

Now that I've gotten older, I have massive doubts when something looks too good to be true, so with this find I come to the "experts" the (BTC forum), because there is no better group of cryptocurrency industry pros anywhere -- is there anything wrong with ANC in the past few days or anticipated to happen in the immediate future?

thanks
BroTroxer

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:21:33 PM

It is likely due to the lack of hype and cheerleaders other coins have tons of. Almost all resources goes towards general development, and implementation of new technologies to improve the coin. Without supporters to promote it the price and volume is likely to remain low for a long time, even with Zerocoin implemented.
jparsley

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 12:30:49 PM

Maybe not enough demand for the coin

please unban me.
BroTroxer

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:33:12 PM

Maybe not enough demand for the coin

Not very likely as Darkcoin seems to enjoy a much higher price and volume with only a semi-anonymous solution (coin-join) coming..
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:36:01 PM

There is also very little anc for sale. Just look at the orrderbook at cryptsy, which show the 100 lowest sell orders. It is not more then 3535,404126 anc in those 100 sell orders combined for a total value of 6,65 btc. If someone were to buy just those anc it would drive the price up 43,65%. Compared to drk, if someone were to buy the 100 lowest sell orders it would only drive the price up 7,87%. This is current numbers, copy pasted to excel, and should not be used for reference. Smiley
Armis (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:32:47 PM

There is also very little anc for sale. Just look at the orrderbook at cryptsy, which show the 100 lowest sell orders. It is not more then 3535,404126 anc in those 100 sell orders combined for a total value of 6,65 btc. If someone were to buy just those anc it would drive the price up 43,65%. Compared to drk, if someone were to buy the 100 lowest sell orders it would only drive the price up 7,87%. This is current numbers, copy pasted to excel, and should not be used for reference. Smiley

I don't know who the F you are, but may I call you Sensei - that was exceptionally sharp and mind-opening analysis -- thanks

and it just so happens that I'm considering both of the coins you referred to. 

well it looks like the sleeping giant ANC has awakened and since the coin appears to be legit, I might as well grab what I could before it's too late.

BroTroxer

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 05:39:05 PM

I don't know who the F you are, but may I call you Sensei - that was exceptionally sharp and mind-opening analysis -- thanks

well it looks like the sleeping giant ANC has awakened and since the coin appears to be legit, I might as well grab what I could before it's too late.

I think this is the time to grab some too judging by the cryptsy orders. Looking a month back it's currenly at half the price it was, and looking even further back the cost is currently about 15% of the all time high.

Great observation by shtako  Grin
Raxe.io

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 06:14:43 PM

I don't think development is being continued on it. Along with the fact there is very little demand for the coin itself.

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:28:43 PM

I don't think development is being continued on it. Along with the fact there is very little demand for the coin itself.
? are you sure development has ceased ?

others are sayinging they are implementing zerocoin into it soon?
which is correct , dead or still developing hard?

BroTroxer

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:37:32 PM

? are you sure development has ceased ?

others are sayinging they are implementing zerocoin into it soon?
which is correct , dead or still developing hard?

That development has ceased is _not_ correct. The development has continued steadily for 8 months, with various updates, and improved wallet in regards to making the i2p/tor setup a lot easier. You can view some  of the recent ZC progress at https://twitter.com/anoncoinproject

The progress is described more in-detail as of last months blogpost at https://sigterm.no/blog/6/

It's just about ready to wake up.  Grin
Armis (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:49:25 PM

I think this is the time to grab some too judging by the cryptsy orders. Looking a month back it's currenly at half the price it was, and looking even further back the cost is currently about 15% of the all time high.

Great observation by shtako  Grin

exactly what you did is how I did my critical analysis

Question, what else looks like a sleeping giant? 

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:47:03 PM

I started reading this and thought oh here's another stupid attempt at pumping a coin, and then I kind of agreed and went to Cryptsy and sold all my Darkcoin and bought Anoncoin.
BroTroxer

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:18:39 PM

I started reading this and thought oh here's another stupid attempt at pumping a coin, and then I kind of agreed and went to Cryptsy and sold all my Darkcoin and bought Anoncoin.

Your statement just made my day, awesome!  Grin

I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence or if you are a serious investor. Either way, great graphs at cryptsy right now.

Armis (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:22:57 AM

Your statement just made my day, awesome!  Grin

I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence or if you are a serious investor. Either way, great graphs at cryptsy right now.

I get into ANC then when I thought there wasn't much UP left in the swing ran to DKC, actually I was in both for a few pennies a bit then decided to liquidate the stuck-in-the-mud VRT to get in deep with DKC, was investing nicely then all of  a sudden the crash shown, most of the time I would dive right in, but THIS time I thought, waitttttt a second, what if this crash goes longer than my wallet, let's just throw in a couple pennies let's some others have some fun and let's see it it goes lower than the 124 ... NOPE.   Yeah, it backfired and I'm still pissed, now I'm looking at 130s again and NO movement (just like VRT).

well, time for a nap, when I wake I'll take a look at  "QRK, HoboNickels, DGC" as suggested, hope I would not have slept though a good opportunity with any of those.

drAGon925

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:34:11 PM

Anc is on move,
I hope people realise how important is anonymity.
Anonymity is not a crime, it is freedom.

Some little rise of volume, and price is UP!
There are not many coins , just 878k, and total will be 4.2M
IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:13:10 PM

Anc is on move,

We will see 50$ per ANC soon...
x0rcist

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:25:26 PM

Agree with all that is said above.
When the testnet goes live in the next week(s) i expect more people to jump in.

The only worthy competitor atm regarding Anonymity is CryptoNote (which uses ring signatures and one time addresses)
Armis (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:07:36 AM

Anc is on move,

It looks like much of the Gox situation was essentially ANCed

Anc is on move,

hahahahaaaa ... you might see Jesus before that happens

The peak of BTC was approx $1200, the peak of ANC was .0148 BTC that results in about $18 ... as such if all of the stars align just for ANC, you should not expect to see  more than $20
IloveAnonCoin

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:43:52 AM

Anc is on move,

It looks like much of the Gox situation was essentially ANCed

Anc is on move,

hahahahaaaa ... you might see Jesus before that happens

The peak of BTC was approx $1200, the peak of ANC was .0148 BTC that results in about $18 ... as such if all of the stars align just for ANC, you should not expect to see  more than $20

During BTC peak, ANC didn't have Zerocoin yet. This time is different.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:21:01 AM

The reason that ANC is not taking off is simple:
There are other far superior coins such as Darkcoin or even Fedoracoin.
ANC used i2p which basically makes your IP address private, but you can still trace transactions to a given address.

Darkcoin addresses this issue with darksend, which splits up the transaction across multiple nodes, so you cant directly link the sender.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: