Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:05:13 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 349 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AC]AsiaCoin - Relaunch  (Read 400973 times)
tim14

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:42:22 PM

the altcoins community should form a committee to vet all the new altcoins

Good idea, but who will do the heavy lifting? Most of the muppets want to sit back and stuff their faces with chip bags and then soil themselves after passing out from cheap booze.   Shocked
dirtypolecat

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:43:37 PM

Well, not entirely if they copy the blockchain.

Copying the blockchain would still require surgical removal of the premine transactions all the way through the blockchain.  So you have to do that work anyways.  At which point, there's no point in a new coin, unless it's just for a "rebrand".

Anyways I see 2 methods of fixing it:

1) Allows use existing wallet.dat and db:
    - a) Pick a current block N, freeze things at that block (meaning any transactions after that is technically invalid)
    - b) Walk through blockchain from the beginning and trace the premine transactions all the way to current block N.
    - c) Find all addresses that have coins that originated from original premine transaction.
    - d) Hard code in the wallet file transaction accept code to BLOCK those addresses from allowing to send those transactions, greater than the amount of the bad "premine".
    - e) Compile, Release new wallet.

- PRO: you don't have to delete your wallet.dat or db
    - CON: going to be some huge IF statements in the code somewhere..

2) Allows use of existing wallet.dat (but throw away old db):
    - d) Do the same as above, except deviate from step d)
    - e) Derive a new list of addresses and their "real" coin amounts at block N
    - f) Code in the genesis block of a new chain, a distribution of those coins from this list.
    - g) Compile, Release new wallet.

- PRO: more streamlined blockchain/db
    - CON: you need to force all users to delete their DB but NOT their wallet.dat (may be some confusion here).

#2 sounds like the cleanest way to restore order.  I'm ready to try anything with my db and DAT files, I mean at this point I have nothing to lose.
CryptoSteam

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:45:26 PM

Well, not entirely if they copy the blockchain.

Copying the blockchain would still require surgical removal of the premine transactions all the way through the blockchain.  So you have to do that work anyways.  At which point, there's no point in a new coin, unless it's just for a "rebrand".

- a) Pick a current block N, freeze things at that block (meaning any transactions after that is technically invalid)
    - b) Walk through blockchain from the beginning and trace the premine transactions all the way to current block N.
    - c) Find all addresses that have coins that originated from original premine transaction.
    - d) Hard code in the wallet file transaction accept code to BLOCK those addresses from allowing to send those transactions, greater than the amount of the bad "premine".

- f) Code in the genesis block of a new chain, a distribution of those coins from this list.

- CON: you need to force all users to delete their DB but NOT their wallet.dat (may be some confusion here).

+1. Are you a coder? If so, it would be awesome if you can help fix this. There is a huge community here bagholding.
CryptoSteam

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:47:10 PM

I'm one of the AsiaCoin bagholders. If the dev does not come back with

version #2, then we will have to come up with solutions to fix this.

I'm going to start adding names to this list who are bagholders that

want this fixed. I'll start with my name.

AsiaCoin Bagholders who wants to see a fix:

CryptoSteam
Nicolaas.R
silencesilence
bluebit25
WildChaser777
istop08
GröBkAz
Maxikosw (Maxikose on freenode irc)
hrt
cjp007
kache
minuchi.str
amit2007gunjan
noobthegreat
EEKman (Lost 3K USD. I feel you. I lost tons myself)
Maestro1
Xuorc
probrian
artem6662
Shkembe
Wolden
probrian
bittcoinn
voisina
jarserk
dirtypolecat
masterboy
nin7672
syrota
AC2 (1.35 million AsiaCoin)
Alpinist (200K AC)
X-Laboratories

Quote from: tokyoghetto link=topic=566870.msg6530933#msg6530933

date=1399153777
You guys don't need the dev to come back. Let him rot in hell. Asiacoin

can still be saved. Create a new blockchain that destroys the hidden

premine and have people exchange their coins to the new blockchain. It

happened with ADT and with Federation Credits.

Get a bounty together and contact the developers.

Quote from: tokyoghetto link=topic=566870.msg6531107#msg6531107

date=1399154678
by looking at the blockchain and the movement of the hidden premine you

can determine where the coins went and how many.

with the amount of people involved...it will be worth it. Rising like a phoenix from the ashes will actually generate more interest in the coin, people will be amazed at how communities can rally together in the face of adversity.

The exchanges will not ignore us, the amount of trading volume this coin brings is INSANE. We need to restore confidence. We will adapt and overcome.

Quote from: micryon link=topic=566870.msg6531436#msg6531436

micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:47:29 PM

And another thing.. the clock is ticking on this.. in order to save/preserve blockchain you need to freeze blockchain, that is: agree on a certian block N, after a certain block, all transactions are invalid until the fixed wallet and/or blockchain is rereleased.

Otherwise the premine is still working its way through the network, as we speak.. The network is still live right now.  So the "bad" premine is making its way through to new accounts I'm sure, making it incrementally harder to repair it.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
Xuorc

Activity: 195

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:49:14 PM

I'm one of the AsiaCoin bagholders. If the dev does not come back with

version #2, then we will have to come up with solutions to fix this.

I'm going to start adding names to this list who are bagholders that

want this fixed. I'll start with my name.

AsiaCoin Bagholders who wants to see a fix:

CryptoSteam
Nicolaas.R
silencesilence
bluebit25
WildChaser777
istop08
GröBkAz
Maxikosw (Maxikose on freenode irc)
hrt
cjp007
kache
minuchi.str
amit2007gunjan
noobthegreat
EEKman (Lost 3K USD. I feel you. I lost tons myself)
Maestro1
Xuorc
probrian
artem6662
Shkembe
Wolden
probrian
bittcoinn
voisina
jarserk
dirtypolecat
masterboy
nin7672
syrota
AC2 (1.35 million AsiaCoin)

And see what TokyoGhetto said:

Quote from: tokyoghetto link=topic=566870.msg6530933#msg6530933

date=1399153777
You guys don't need the dev to come back. Let him rot in hell. Asiacoin

can still be saved. Create a new blockchain that destroys the hidden

premine and have people exchange their coins to the new blockchain. It

happened with ADT and with Federation Credits.

Get a bounty together and contact the developers.

Quote from: tokyoghetto link=topic=566870.msg6531107#msg6531107

date=1399154678
by looking at the blockchain and the movement of the hidden premine you

can determine where the coins went and how many.

with the amount of people involved...it will be worth it. Rising like a phoenix from the ashes will actually generate more interest in the coin, people will be amazed at how communities can rally together in the face of adversity.

The exchanges will not ignore us, the amount of trading volume this coin brings is INSANE. We need to restore confidence. We will adapt and overcome.

I am a coder but a) not in this area, my experience is in games and b) I don't have a lot of free time.   However I will try to do what I can with no promises.  I'll look through the code as soon as I can.

silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:49:55 PM

And another thing.. the clock is ticking on this.. in order to save/preserve blockchain you need to freeze blockchain, that is: agree on a certian block N, after a certain block, all transactions are invalid until the fixed wallet and/or blockchain is rereleased.

Otherwise the premine is still working its way through the network, as we speak.. The network is still live right now.  So the "bad" premine is making its way through to new accounts I'm sure, making it incrementally harder to repair it.

after the date and time of dropping cryptsy can easily eliminate residual blocks
altcoinherald

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:50:21 PM

People are still MINING this. And it's still trading on multiple exchanges.

I think the 'community' needs to take the rest of the night off, have a nice sleep, and wake up tomorrow with a fresh perspective.

The blockchain won't be stopped tonight that's for sure. Plus, exchanges would be CRAZY to allow this coin back on, regardless of a 'takeover.'

Only the largest bagholders will be motivated to continue with this, and their motivations are obvious.

Plus, where are the buyers to bail out the first class of 'investors.'
micryon

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:50:27 PM

+1. Are you a coder? If so, it would be awesome if you can help fix this. There is a huge community here bagholding.

I am.. I've created 3 coins successfully, in 2 cases it was to help an existing community that got scammed and/or had failed launches.  Checkout Realstackcoin and GPUC.

But unfortunately.. doing so isn't very profitable for my time and effort.. apparently if you are not scamming its kind of hard to make money creating coins  Smiley

Also i've found through previous experience that all this is for not, unless you have a serious and huge marketing leadership (with also money to invest).. able to convince the broader ecosystem (exchanges, blog writers), that this can be resurrected.. it's going to be hard even if a developer fixes the blockchain.

micryon

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:51:10 PM

after the date and time of dropping cryptsy can easily eliminate residual blocks

That would be a fine place to start.. as long as this is the general agreement of the community.  Just need to pick a block N... and announce it.

Xuorc

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:51:17 PM

Can we just pick a block in the very near future and declare it in this forum as the block we will reset from?  Or do we need to do something else?

micryon

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:53:14 PM

Can we just pick a block in the very near future and declare it in this forum as the block we will reset from?  Or do we need to do something else?

As with everything in cryptos.. it's just all based on distributed agreement.  So yeah.. it's really just about picking an arbitrary block,and agreeing that is the block to freeze at.  But we already have 2 candidates: cryptsy drop, or future.. so it's really about being able to come to a consensus..

silencesilence
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:53:20 PM

asiacoin-windows-v1.0.0.1-qt
http://www.filedropper.com/asiacoin-windows-v1001-qt
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:53:25 PM

I am.. I've created 3 coins successfully, in 2 cases it was to help an existing community that got scammed and/or had failed launches.  Checkout Realstackcoin and GPUC.

But unfortunately.. doing so isn't very profitable for my time and effort.. apparently if you are not scamming its kind of hard to make money creating coins  Smiley

Also i've found through previous experience that all this is for not, unless you have a serious and huge marketing leadership (with also money to invest).. able to convince the broader ecosystem (exchanges, blog writers), that this can be resurrected.. it's going to be hard even if a developer fixes the blockchain.

if you are a gun-for-hire, what is your price?
CryptoSteam

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:55:46 PM

I would do the MintPal freeze as they are the first to do it before Cryptsy.
micryon

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 10:56:18 PM

if you are a gun-for-hire, what is your price?

If I were to put a price to it.. (and note: I'm still not signing up for it).

I think it would be fair to place a 10 BTC bounty on an effort that would preserve the existing "network".  

This is a much bigger job than the WC folks.. it requires some surgical scripts to be created.

Xuorc

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:56:44 PM

As with everything in cryptos.. it's just all based on distributed agreement.  So yeah.. it's really just about picking an arbitrary block,and agreeing that is the block to freeze at.  But we already have 2 candidates: cryptsy drop, or future.. so it's really about being able to come to a consensus..

Ok cool.  My vote is a block in the future as that way we have announced it with fair notice to all concerned.  It will make the trace of bad coins harder but it's pretty hard anyway so it doesn't make too much difference.

_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2014, 10:58:10 PM

Guys. I hold no AC. So, can I share a neutral perspective. I know many people have lost money in this. It's almost criminal (actually it is criminal) what original dev has done.

But if those 3 billion coins are moving on the blockchain, then I don't think, anyone can save anything now. Is there a running block explorer for the coin and is address of 3 billion coins known?

Just watch that. If those coins are moving. Forget it really. If not, there still may be some chance.

I really wish whole anonymous coin launching goes away forever now and atleast big exchanges ask for identity verification by altcoin creators.
silencesilence
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 11:00:57 PM

I would do the MintPal freeze as they are the first to do it before Cryptsy.

this is not good, a lot of people passing the by that time their coins on wallets to the stock exchanges saw what happens
they will lose their coins
micryon

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2014, 11:01:06 PM

But if those 3 billion coins are moving on the blockchain, then I don't think, anyone can save anything now. Is there a running block explorer for the coin and is address of 3 billion coins known?

Well like i said, it's completely possible to figure out, because everyone has the blockchain.. you just need a crawler script to go through each block and trace the originating bad 3b premine transactions, to figure out all the current addresses where some of those coins exist.

And once that is computed.. then just hardcode a new forked client to block those addresses and those amounts.  

All the data is right there in front of us.. you just need a surgical script to crawl through the blockchain..

Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 349 »
  Print  

Jump to: