Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:30:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Scam_Exposer is a nuisance and is trolling several threads.  Vote yes.
Yes, Ban Scam_Exposer - 169 (88%)
Please, Ban Scam_Exposer - 23 (12%)
Total Voters: 192

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition to Ban Scam_Exposer from Bitcointalk. 162 Votes and climbing!  (Read 5836 times)
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:54:45 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 03:12:38 AM by dbt1033

I'm hoping at least one mod has taken notice of this thread.
keithersb

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 02:12:03 AM

EXTORTION! Did Scam_Exposer commit extortion by threatening to leave up his bad posts unless he gets Bitcoin?
EnTiTy77

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 06:50:49 AM

I noticed that there is no option in the poll to vote against banning Scam_Exposer.

For this poll to be fair I think you should have included that option in the poll.

If this guy is extorting dev's then I absolutely agree that he should be banned. What, however, is to stop him from just re-registering with a new name?

OzDigger

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 10:12:40 AM

This is interesting.

I am an Australian and I came across Australia Coin, they banned me from their forum and locked their thread and started a new one as me and others kept asking the following.

Who are the people behind this so Called Australia coin.
Where are you located in the world
Why is the coin Red/blue/white  ( nothing to do with Australia btw)

They claim they are Australians but won't avoid answering any questions, banned me for abuse but of course I did nothing wrong and they were actually abusive and acted like a 10 year old child, the people who went in on the IPO are not happy either!

They also paid extra to hide who owns and where their website is registered

He then tried to intimidate me by PM'ing me a link to Facebook thinking it was me, what he did not realise I have some decent hash power so I am mining the crap out of the coin and dumping it, he will need deep pockets to keep it afloat !  all because he refused to be honest and upfront which is the Australian way.

I mention this as his actions are similar to the clown you have listed here.

What does it say about Scam_exposer if he trolls a coin as its alleged to be a scam and then demands money to have it removed!   it tells me he's about extortion as he's contradicting what he is letting us believe he is!

His posts are also childish behaviour as he thinks he can hide and no one can stop him or he can't be held accountable so he thinks no risk.

if the Mod's can get his IP and ban that it should slow him down.

Well thats my thoughts guys and I guess this won't be the last of the unethical people, is there any way the Mods can expedite how they deal with people like this as the longer they go on the more people get hurt let alone the negative effects to everyone as we have better things to be doing!
gloryninja

Activity: 345
Merit: 250

Trusted Member

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2014, 10:22:08 AM

What needs to be done is the admins/dev should start asking for money to post any alt coins in the altcoin thread.  Yes, there are many useless coins out there, but honestly... Moderate the altcoin section to prevent any tom dick and harry to post there shitty coins.

This needs to change! I am not going to vote or anything but i do disagree with scam_exposers methods.

Custom Built Gaming Desktops and GPU Rigs!
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:34:27 PM

Why is the coin Red/blue/white  ( nothing to do with Australia btw)

Umm have you ever looked at the flag of your country? Red blue and white are the only colors used:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Australia

Although the configuration is curious it looks like an upside down Russian flag.  Roll Eyes
fenghush

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:39:14 PM

"Ban him" or "Please ban him" does not constitute as a voting, this thread is useless, get over it and stop releasing copy/paste coins, it's getting nobody no where.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 12:39:53 PM

If he highlights only the facts then he should not be banned from the forum.  If he has lied about coins and demanded money then that is different.

However if he has highlighted facts that indicate scams..... that is the coins problem..... don't scam then people are unable to pick  up on a scam.

dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:41:59 PM

"Ban him" or "Please ban him" does not constitute as a voting, this thread is useless, get over it and stop releasing copy/paste coins, it's getting nobody no where.

I noticed that there is no option in the poll to vote against banning Scam_Exposer.

For this poll to be fair I think you should have included that option in the poll.

If this guy is extorting dev's then I absolutely agree that he should be banned. What, however, is to stop him from just re-registering with a new name?

This is a petition.  A petition does not have a "no" option.  I only had to include another option because I was required to.  

In a petition, you sign your name, or you don't.

I have no power to ban him, so why would I include a no option?

I'm hoping a moderator takes notice of how many people want him gone.  

And it's not just extortion, there is much more to the story.  I encourage anyone to read his post history to see what I am talking about.
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:45:25 PM

If he highlights only the facts then he should not be banned from the forum.  If he has lied about coins and demanded money then that is different.

However if he has highlighted facts that indicate scams..... that is the coins problem..... don't scam then people are unable to pick  up on a scam.

I agree with you 100%.  However, he doesn't just highlight facts that indicate scams.  He uses all caps, big red letters, and has launched personal attacks on many people for no reason.  He has taken spam to another level.

Please read his post history.  He jumps in several threads on launch and starts screaming SCAM SCAM SCAM.  

But one post isn't enough, he lingers in the thread almost 24/7 and posts every couple of pages.  

If he showed up, said it was a scam and why, and disappeared then I would have no issue.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:49:35 PM

I agree with you 100%.  However, he doesn't just highlight facts that indicate scams.  He uses all caps, big red letters, and has launched personal attacks on many people for no reason.  He has taken spam to another level.

Please read his post history.  He jumps in several threads on launch and starts screaming SCAM SCAM SCAM.  

But one post isn't enough, he lingers in the thread almost 24/7 and posts every couple of pages.  

If he showed up, said it was a scam and why, and disappeared then I would have no issue.

Yes well if he says it and there is no proof it is a scam.... then that's not good.

Proof of scam to me says he's entitled to use any means he sees fit to highlight this fact. He is in this case putting in effort to stop scams.

Asking for money to allow scam to continue = very bad

depends what has been happening.... a lot of people behind or involved with scam coins may be voting him off so we do not know.

Really evidence is required to show he needs to be removed.

dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 01:53:16 PM

Yes well if he says it and there is no proof it is a scam.... then that's not good.

Proof of scam to me says he's entitled to use any means he sees fit to highlight this fact. He is in this case putting in effort to stop scams.

Asking for money to allow scam to continue = very bad

depends what has been happening.... a lot of people behind or involved with scam coins may be voting him off so we do not know.

Really evidence is required to show he needs to be removed.

Correct!  But he is not the "Scam God" of Bitcointalk.  He has harassed several people in several threads of coins that may or may not be scams.

I agree, if it's 100% scam, blow it up...  but there are several threads he has posted in that could be legit.

It makes finding good comments difficult.

I encourage you to read his posts.

Edit:  I do realize this poll probably won't do anything.  At the least, maybe Scam_Exposer will say, "You know what?  I've pissed off a ton of people, it's time to behave myself".  
scam_exposer

Activity: 252

Keeping People Honest - Don't Get Scammed

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:54:29 AM

You seem to have been very busy spamming every thread you can asking people to vote to ban me.  You and a few others have made a concerted effort to blatantly lie about my motives and things I have actually done.

You post a printscreen showing another user named sitefive asking for some pathetically small amount of btc to stop calling a coin a scam and say it was me.  Your own proof doesn't prove anything other than sitefive is a worthless scammer.  

The coins I have called out were all scams or worthless crap clones that do nothing but make a joke out of crypto.  I have been right on the coins I called out.  They are the worst of the worst.  You make it sound like I have been posting in all of the 300 or so altcoin threads.  That is not the case.  The amount of threads I have posted in is less than ten.

So basically:

1. You are falsely accusing me of trying to blackmail a coin.
2. You are working in coordination with scammers who's coins I stopped.
3. You have been spamming the forum by posting your nonsense in every coin thread.
4. You need to realize that I am not the only one pointing out scams just maybe the most obnoxious.
5. You're entire concept of having me banned is ridiculous as there is no way to keep me away.
6. You need to get a life.
7. You need to realize that you will never get rich off a crypto scam as long as I'm around.

Now run along.  You've proved that your goal is nothing but revenge for me stopping you and your friends from scamming the users on this forum.  People like you are the reason that crypto is more and more looked upon as nothing more than a environment prevalent with scammers and ponzi schemes.  The sooner you and your kind are exposed and prevented from running your scams and taking other peoples btc, the sooner we can right this ship and sail away with a strong crypto community.  

It's going to get worse before it gets better.  But as long as the community stands together and exposes theses scammers that are here only to prey on the naive then we can all move forward with a strong crypto community that everyone can benefit from.

Just another quick note.

I realize that I have not used the best methods to do what I was trying to achieve.  I have decided that I will tone down my rhetoric, stop using caps and bold red letters, refrain from petty bickering and personal attacks, And focus only on the aspects of a coin launch that are obviously suspect.

If I post in a new coin ANN it will be for the sole purpose of asking specific questions related to the coin that I feel is suspect.  If I don't get an answer I will ask again.  If I still don't get an answer I will post what I think is wrong with the coin and how it is likely to fail.  Beyond that there is nothing I can do.  If people still decide that they are going to let themselves be scammed then they will have to reflect on that themselves.

I would also like to thank those that have offered support via PM.

Good day.  

Oh, I also want to point out that I have a -6 trust rating yet I have done no trading or any other form of exchange with anyone on this forum other than posts in the threads.  That's how far these lying scammers will go to discredit me. 

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all ICO's are SCAMS
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 12:58:30 AM

I like him. I vote to ban OP.  Shocked
dbt1033 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:03:32 AM

I like him. I vote to ban OP.  Shocked

Make a thread!  Wink

And to Scam_Exposer, spam is when you post in a thread multiple times to the point where you become annoying. (Since you don't seem to understand the definition).

128 People so far agree that you are a nuisance.  Numbers don't lie.

I suggest this:  Go ahead and call out the scams...good for you.  But call them out, and move on.  Please stop spamming threads, this in particular is what pisses me off the most.

LOL and please, don't tell me to "get a life" when you spend as much time as you do discrediting altcoins...  what a hypocrite.  Do you not have a job?
scam_exposer

Activity: 252

Keeping People Honest - Don't Get Scammed

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 02:19:16 AM

I like him. I vote to ban OP.  Shocked

Make a thread!  Wink

And to Scam_Exposer, spam is when you post in a thread multiple times to the point where you become annoying. (Since you don't seem to understand the definition).

128 People so far agree that you are a nuisance.  Numbers don't lie.

I suggest this:  Go ahead and call out the scams...good for you.  But call them out, and move on.  Please stop spamming threads, this in particular is what pisses me off the most.

LOL and please, don't tell me to "get a life" when you spend as much time as you do discrediting altcoins...  what a hypocrite.  Do you not have a job?

You posted in every thread your "Ban scam_exposer" spam and you have the nerve to ask me to stop spamming?  I've posted in less than ten compared to your dozens or more.  And you call me a hypocrite.  Amazing.  Take a look in the mirror.  What you'll see is what you're complaining about.

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all ICO's are SCAMS
peterlustig

Activity: 812

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:02:23 AM

No.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2014, 09:14:16 AM

Guys.. Stop that shit.. Please.. Finally...

Please dont post your private pics around, just found this one again

https://i.imgur.com/TL4vqc9.jpg

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 09:16:55 AM

No, i like him.
shai_

Activity: 728