Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:45:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica "zhoutonging price" formulae (unofficial)  (Read 4201 times)
M4v3R

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 11:35:33 AM

Work great here too, thank you. Could you make it also work with session login with www.bitcoinica.com? Thanks.

Thanks. I've updated the script to work with www.bitcoinica.com. Please re-download it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 01:19:17 PM

Off-topic: I received Google Alerts about this, and when I saw "pastebin", I thought it was a database dump, LOL...

Hehe, this made me chuckle, I would have loved to have seen your face (I empathise for I am in a similar position with my work)

Wink

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
chunglam
Donator

Activity: 229
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 11, 2012, 01:47:09 PM

Work great here too, thank you. Could you make it also work with session login with www.bitcoinica.com? Thanks.

Thanks. I've updated the script to work with www.bitcoinica.com. Please re-download it.

Thanks, good job.
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2012, 09:14:18 PM

I made a simple script for adding this price to the Bitcoinica UI. Looks like this:

Download it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1127246/bitcoinica.user.js

Drag it onto your Chrome browser window (should work in any browser that supports Greasemonkey scripts but I didn't test it elsewhere) and you're done. Hope it helps someone!

Note: this is my first real take on UserScripts. Any suggestions are welcome. Also, Bitcoinica UI refreshes in unusual way (instead of updating specific elements they pull whole tables with AJAX). That's why UI could flicker a bit with this (even though I'm intercepting the updater function with my code really early), I can't help with that.

Edit: Second note: this doesn't take account for LIMIT / STOP orders that you have between the current price and the min price. Maybe it will, someday.

Thanks! This is really useful.

cjgames.com
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 07:26:44 AM

I think it would be productive if you included a calculator somewhere on your site to calculate the maximum number of units that can be traded without getting a margin call.

You can get some figures from Bitcoinica UI directly. Then,

"Zhoutonging price" = current ask + (net value - maintenance) / amount

OR

"Zhoutonging price" = current bid - (net value - maintenance) / amount

Is the "amount" here the number of Bitcoins bought/sold?

Do you mean instead

"Zhoutonging price" = current ask + [ (net value - maintenance) / amount ]

OR

"Zhoutonging price" = current bid - [ (net value - maintenance) / amount ]

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 07:29:39 AM

I think it would be productive if you included a calculator somewhere on your site to calculate the maximum number of units that can be traded without getting a margin call.

OR

Do you mean instead

OR

Amount is
amount bought + BTC margin
for a long position.

amount sold - BTC margin
for a short position.

The brackets are implied by standard order of operations.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
M4v3R

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 07:29:53 AM

The square brackets aren't needed because of order of math operations - division always comes before addition/multiplication.

Edit: Gah, beat me to it Cheesy
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 08:25:26 AM

OR

Do you mean instead

OR

Amount is
amount bought + BTC margin
for a long position.

amount sold - BTC margin
for a short position.

The brackets are implied by standard order of operations.

Wow, this insomnia is killing me.

Correct me if I am wrong, but from my experience margin% = 100 / Leverage.  So if I have 10:1 leverage selected my margin % should be 10% and not 4%.  I am not complaining or anything...

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
gewure

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 05:33:40 PM

3 measurements to avoid beeing zhoutonged:

1. make use of STOP-LOSS orders! beeing stoped out with little loss can be really nasty some times, but it saves your butt most of the times!
2. don't over leverage and don't be greedy. there is no 100% probability of any movement - do wise riskmanagement!
3. in case you are still sure your position is right but face the zhoutonging price more and more: if you are SHORT exchange TO BTC, if you are LONG exchange to USD to minimize zhoutonging risk! (the ration of your deposit will have a big influence on your zhoutonging-risk because when you are short, e.g. your deposit increases the more BTC you hold in comparison to USD, so you can minimize your risk; but be warned that such hedges also reduce your overall profit (but since i suppose you NEVER EVER CONSIDER speculating leveraged with all your BTCs or USD you may find this advice usefull )

greets, gewure

Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1104

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 06:20:24 PM

could someone walk me through how to download it (on Safari if that makes a difference), I went to http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1127246/bitcoinica.user.js & see the script but have only ever downloaded things by pressing Download here buttons before, I could save it (the page?) & try & open it or something by I expect that's not how it works, sry for my tech noobness & thanks for any help

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 10:02:10 PM

could someone walk me through how to download it (on Safari if that makes a difference), I went to http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1127246/bitcoinica.user.js & see the script but have only ever downloaded things by pressing Download here buttons before, I could save it (the page?) & try & open it or something by I expect that's not how it works, sry for my tech noobness & thanks for any help

just drag and drop that file you downloaded into your browser it should install.   if you are using firefox you will need greasemonkey extension.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 10:28:49 PM

nope I'm using Safari on  Mac & when I save the page it's just a webachive & doesn't do anything but display the same page of code as the original, I tried dragging it in to Apps & on to the browser but just the same, so I guess that I need to be using either Firefox with greacemonkey extension or Chrome to make it work, by walk through how you do this I mean for someone who only downloads via clicking the download now button on sites & knows next to nada about how the Internets & computers works, i.e. one of the non geeky 99%

M4v3R

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 10:33:38 PM

Otoh: Safari has no greasemonkey support and afaik extension that can give it this support does not exists. There are some SIBML hacks reportedly, but there are ugly and harder to do by non-geek than just installing Chrome.

I could probably make this as Safari extension, but I don't know how to do that unfortunately.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 11:09:15 PM

many thanks, I have Firefox + greacemonkey & Chrome, just haven't been using them hardly since I moved to Mac for the first time a couple of months ago & tend now to just stick with Safari because my Bookmarks are there & don't migrate/update to FF or CRM except for when I first loaded those browsers & are now out of date for my needs, I like the extensions available in FF a lot but have got used to having the bookmark folders above the tabs bar now & find them even more useful, I will check it out on Chrome tomorrow - thanks again

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
January 21, 2012, 11:49:09 PM

many thanks, I have Firefox + greacemonkey & Chrome, just haven't been using them hardly since I moved to Mac for the first time a couple of months ago & tend now to just stick with Safari because my Bookmarks are there & don't migrate/update to FF or CRM except for when I first loaded those browsers & are now out of date for my needs, I like the extensions available in FF a lot but have got used to having the bookmark folders above the tabs bar now & find them even more useful, I will check it out on Chrome tomorrow - thanks again

here ill make things easy for you.  i prefer firefox mainly bc chrome has terrible adblock support.  it is really easy to transfer your bookmarks, and honestly you should get out of safari.  here are some steps to get the above to work and a few extra to keep you secure and safe, i had quite a scare last night because my roomate stupidly downloaded a virus and was afraid it could have captured my mtgox passwords and such.

1.  download firefox  http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

2. import safari bookmarks
-hit the orange firefox button > bookmarks > show all bookmarks
-a window will appear and browse to import and backup > import data from another browser

3. download these extension:
-greasemonkey: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/
-web of trust: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/
-adblock plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/
-you can now drag and drop the zhoutonging price script into the broswer and it will install

4. to secure/encrypt your saved passwords
- firefox button > options > options
- create a master password

PS you can easily change the location of your tabs/bookmarks bar in firefox.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 12:39:49 AM

many thanks

yep, I do have FF & added all the add ons that I enjoyed with my old Windows comp, then imported the bookmarks from Safari which has them in neat folders which is what I really liked, so I guess I'm best deleting FF & reinstalling to then get the whole new Safari bookmarks & folders imported, not sure once I do that I can keep adding folders though or adjusting their contents - will need to check it out again & it means that I'll have to install all the FF add ons again I guess

re 3 - thanks again I shall also add web of trust, the others already

re 4 - I use LastPass Pro with a Yubi key so that's covered

re PS - yep, I don't mind where it is, I just want to be able to keep sets of bookmarks in folders like Safari does

Many thanks again for helping me try & work this out, tomorrow i'll reinstall FF & try out the BTC Zhoutonging warning script, though hopefully not in rl

mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2012, 11:30:50 AM

Thank you Zhou.!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: