Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:07:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What anonymous coin will succeed?  --still adding new coins, PM me details if you miss some coin here--    DO NOT MISS MY NEW POLL, loking for altcoin badboys here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=723764.0    Buy FTC now
Anoncoin [ANC]
Darkcoin [DRK]
Fedoracoin [TIPS]
Other
Bytecoin [BCN]
Zerocash
Monero [XMR]
HoneyPenny [HP]
Libertycoin [XLB]
Quazarcoin [QCN]
Fantomcoin [FCN]
Pinkcoin [PC]
Cryptcoin [CRYPT]
Orangecoin [OC]
Cinnicoin [CINNI]
Vericoin [VRC]
BitcoinDark [BTCD]
Cloakcoin [CLOAK]
XCurrency [XC]
VootCoin [VOOT]
Vertcoin [VTC]
Supercoin [SUPERCOIN]
Credits [CRD]
MammothCoin [MAMM]
Boolberycoin [BBR]
Aerocoin [AERO]
Stealthcoin [XST]
Synccoin [SYNC]
Incognitocoin [IGC]
Keycoin [KEY]
Lockcoin [LOCK]
Boomcoin [BOOM]
[NEM]
Shadowcoin [SDC]
NEOS
Feathercoin [FTC]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] What anonymous coin will succed?  (Read 90271 times)
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:18:41 PM

Voted DRK as it's seems to be the most well-known. Wish I knew more about XMR though...

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:25:26 PM

Has to be Drk for anonymity. can;t think of any other altcoin more anonymous.

You aren't thinking hard enough.

If someone would create a coin which would have cool zero knowledge proofs and be "more anonymous", but it could only handle one transaction per minute, would you declare that coin the winner?

A bitpay like processor would make transaction times almost irrelevant though.

And how would that work in the scenario of 1 tx per minute if it were to reach the size of Visa/MC in terms of daily transacted volume. Pure hypothetical. I'll give you a hint, it doesn't.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:32:02 PM

Has to be Drk for anonymity. can;t think of any other altcoin more anonymous.

You aren't thinking hard enough.

If someone would create a coin which would have cool zero knowledge proofs and be "more anonymous", but it could only handle one transaction per minute, would you declare that coin the winner?

A bitpay like processor would make transaction times almost irrelevant though.

And how would that work in the scenario of 1 tx per minute if it were to reach the size of Visa/MC in terms of daily transacted volume. Pure hypothetical. I'll give you a hint, it doesn't.

It's best not to think about, "what if this/that reaches Visa levels", because that's a long time away if such a thing ever happens. Even Bitcoin is no where even close to Visa yet.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 12:12:29 AM

Navajo will b the only truly anonymous  double encryption not even dark coin has that ...I have been with this  coin from the start  i mine i bought it  i support it all the way ......so if you have something to say about this, your saying to wrong guy there has never been any BS with this coin     SO GO FINE SOME OTHER COIN TO BULLSHIT ABOUT  CAUSE YOU PICK THE WRONG ONE NO BBBBSSSS HERE.......WE ALL NO WHAT PHOTO SHOP LOOK LIKE WHEN YOU  SEE ONE .......

Aside from the fact that he was caught speaking as if he were Hendo420 (42coin's dev), here is why I left soopy/hendo a negative trust rating.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=158610

That was almost 9 months ago and he is STILL stringing the gullable noobs along.

mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:37:42 AM

but it could only handle one transaction per minute, would you declare that coin the winner?

Which technology are you proposing to have such a probable limitation?
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:08:03 PM

Just wondering what the major differences would be between an "anonymous coin" and bitcoin using tumbler/mixers?

equipoise

Activity: 794

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 01:02:43 PM

^With DRK it's not a big difference, but Monero is mixing with past transactions from the blockchain on the protocol level, so the privacy set is the whole blockchain.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

^With DRK it's not a big difference, but Monero is mixing with past transactions from the blockchain on the protocol level, so the privacy set is the whole blockchain.

Actually, with DRK it's totally different. You don't have to trust a tumbler to not steal your coins nor fear it getting hacked, and you don't have to fear that the tumbler is a honeypot tracking all users' coins. Darkcoin's anonymization is trustless and decentralized.
hashmaster1

Activity: 851

Do You Even Onion Bro?

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:49:29 PM

Yes Navajo will b the  only one that is truly anonymous coin with double encryption  ....March 1

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░░
         ░▒▓████▓░                            ░▓███▓▓▒▒░░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒▒░              ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█░               ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███░
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█░           ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████▒
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████▒
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓░
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒░
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓▒
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:10:36 PM

if you know you have anonymous coins, anon is a gimmick
do something nasty and arrange beforehand through a distant friend to tell us what has happened to you

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
othe

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:30:30 PM

Actually, with DRK it's totally different. You don't have to trust a tumbler to not steal your coins nor fear it getting hacked, and you don't have to fear that the tumbler is a honeypot tracking all users' coins. Darkcoin's anonymization is trustless and decentralized.

Because the 3 letter agencies don't have access to all the cloudhosters you use? And they cant just confiscate coins to own the network? good joke.

bf4btc

Activity: 568

Smoke weed everyday!

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:01:15 PM

Never knew there was that many anonymous coins out, that is alot indeed would have to say one of the main 2 drk or xmr will succeed obviously but with that many on the market it seems a near impossibility that a few more will not brake out this year or early next. There must be away where Bitcoin can become anonymous other than Tumblers/Exchanges etc maybe future development can implement something. Drk coin just does not sound like it is going to go any further than the dark web imo so i will give my vote to XMR! Plus i hold more XMR so i hope so Smiley

████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████▄▄▄█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▀██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀████████

illodin

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:01:41 PM

Because the 3 letter agencies don't have access to all the cloudhosters you use? And they cant just confiscate coins to own the network? good joke.

Did you know they already have access to your personal computer?

They can confiscate your coins just as well. They can confiscate all bitcoins also.

It is possible that NSA proof anonymity cannot be achieved. At least not with consumer hardware.

Most important thing is that your neighbors, friends, relatives, employers, competitors, insurance company, bank, police, local authorities, irs, etc can't see your finances. This is where Darkcoin shines.
illodin

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:23:31 PM

Never knew there was that many anonymous coins out, that is alot indeed would have to say one of the main 2 drk or xmr will succeed obviously but with that many on the market it seems a near impossibility that a few more will not brake out this year or early next.

I very much doubt any new coin whose main selling point is privacy/anonymity is going to break out anymore. Things were different a year ago, when people started to appreciate the anonymity aspect and everything was new.

The established coins are already "good enough", i.e. they are anonymous, have highly regarded dev teams with proven track records, and people have wised up not to chase every new gimmick and buzz word filled coin with anonymous devs full of hot air. A lot of people have already invested in some of the existing ones, and even in the unlikely case of a new coin with "better tech" coming along the already existing coins can just implement the best parts of it themselves. Instead of starting a new coin an aspiring dev would be helping the cause far better by joining an existing coin's team imo.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:55:47 PM

XCurrency still looks interesting. hard to know what is going on with the team as they don't post here.

http://www.xc-official.com/anonymity/

MULTIPATH ARCHITECTURE

Before a transaction or a message moves through the XC network, it’s first broken down into small fragments, which are then sent along multiple, randomly selected paths through the network.  This allows for several privacy benefits.  Firstly, the amount paid or received is kept confidential, because any one fragment is not associated with any other fragment.  Secondly, once a payment is made, there is no public record whatsoever to associate the receiving address with the sending address.  As a result, onlookers can neither know the amount received or sent for any given transaction, nor can they know which addresses sent or received the original transaction.  Additionally, the security and robustness of the network is bolstered, because if any one node fails to forward a fragment of your transaction, there are multiple others to take its place.

Multipath routing is optional.  It maximizes the privacy of a transaction

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/xcurrency/
othe

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:00:32 PM

Did you know they already have access to your personal computer?

They can confiscate your coins just as well. They can confiscate all bitcoins also.

It is possible that NSA proof anonymity cannot be achieved. At least not with consumer hardware.

Most important thing is that your neighbors, friends, relatives, employers, competitors, insurance company, bank, police, local authorities, irs, etc can't see your finances. This is where Darkcoin shines.

No they don't have access to my monero wallet, its not on a pc with internet.

Anyway, that wasn't even the point, if BTC/XMR get stolen - its just stolen value. Unlike it is with PoS coins like Darkcoin.

"Most important thing is that your neighbors, friends, relatives, employers, competitors, insurance company, bank, police, local authorities, irs, etc can't see your finances."

Absolutely not,
i may quote MRL-0004:

6 Auditability for Compliance Purposes
Businesses using ring signatures and stealth addressing through Monero will have
the reasonable desire to comply with the corresponding local laws within their
jurisdictions. Typically, these laws require the business to prove ownership of their
own funds, and demonstrate where funds may have been sent. To prove ownership
of any unspent funds on the block chain, a Monero account holder may publish a
zero mix-in ring signature of their public key. Please be aware that a zero-mix-in
ring signature is just an ordinary digital signature. An auditor can then scan the
block chain for the presence of the output public key, and verify that the key image
produced from the zero mix-in ring signature has not yet been used on the block
chain. To protect the privacy of the business and its customers, the auditor should
then destroy the signature and the key image.

DRK on the other hand is an absolute nightmare for bookkeeping and co.

Weird definition of the word "shining" you guys have.

illodin

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:04:46 PM

DRK on the other hand is an absolute nightmare for bookkeeping and co.

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/kristov-atlas-creates-a-darkcoin-usd-accounting-php-script
othe

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:08:16 PM

That script is a joke, isn't it?

I guess you guys never had to do a real tax declaration or got audited by a tax man.

The USD value is determined by looking at the average DRK and BTC prices for the date of the transaction.

Wow, hacker stuff. I can do that with the poloniex (or insert whatever else exchange name here) within 2 minutes.
It also shows that you have no idea how XMR works, nice own goal.

illodin

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:13:39 PM

Gotta admit I didn't even read the link I posted. And I also didn't read the wall-of-text quote you posted. I'll get back to you when I feel about your issue as strongly as you do.
othe

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:18:58 PM

So you are saying that you are just trolling and spreading lies about Monero and you don't care about facts - agree.
But you felt strongly enough about the issue to write a post and google for darkcoin bookkeeping, you sir are a true internet hero.

My wall of text is roughly 6 sentences; What a prime example of being narrow minded you are.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: