Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:30:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759171 times)
freebird

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:54:41 AM

From what i know the .78% premine has already been sold off.

Is that information published somewhere? If so, could you post a link? Thanks.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
freebird

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:56:29 AM

That said, if it were a clone and obtained the same interest as BC (that is the big question), you would expect a similar market cap and thus the price of WC to be ~1/4 of BC (4x more coins out there). One could also argue that interest would be split between the two and market cap in total would be the same as BC started at meaning BC halves and WC goes to 1/8 of BC current price (1/2 * 1/4).

Give the first scenario, you would expect WC to go to ~9000 sats or 4500 sats for the second scenario. Granted only the market will decide though I would expect the long run price to get near this until one goes out of favor or a flaw is found in one...

Makes sense, if the WC devs have a plan for long-term adoption of the currency.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:59:29 AM

One more question: Is there some kind of a concept or idea that WC is trying to promote? Something like a charitable cause or a philosophy?

I guess I'm just trying to understand if there's anything going on here besides "we missed the BlackCoin train so let's start our own virtually identical coin and get in at the beginning."

Don't get me wrong; I like the idea of a coin that's like a savings account with a fixed inflation rate. I'm just trying to figure out how WC intends to differentiate itself since it's already been done by BC, and the differences in details seem insignificant as far as I can tell. I'm open to being persuaded otherwise.

three are thousands of altcoins, why does there need to be something here or something there. lol

Yeah, there are thousands of altcoins, and most of them won't exist a year or two from now. Why will WhiteCoin be one of the winners? Why should it be? I'm here asking these questions as a potential investor. Yes, I want to make money, but I also want to support coins that have a long-term purpose and which aren't going to disappear in a few months after a pump and dump.

I think enough people want it to succeed like blackcoin, that in itself is a powerful factor. I was skeptical at first but once I saw how many people support this coin I decided to hop on board.
freebird

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:03:12 AM

One more question: Is there some kind of a concept or idea that WC is trying to promote? Something like a charitable cause or a philosophy?

I guess I'm just trying to understand if there's anything going on here besides "we missed the BlackCoin train so let's start our own virtually identical coin and get in at the beginning."

Don't get me wrong; I like the idea of a coin that's like a savings account with a fixed inflation rate. I'm just trying to figure out how WC intends to differentiate itself since it's already been done by BC, and the differences in details seem insignificant as far as I can tell. I'm open to being persuaded otherwise.

three are thousands of altcoins, why does there need to be something here or something there. lol

Yeah, there are thousands of altcoins, and most of them won't exist a year or two from now. Why will WhiteCoin be one of the winners? Why should it be? I'm here asking these questions as a potential investor. Yes, I want to make money, but I also want to support coins that have a long-term purpose and which aren't going to disappear in a few months after a pump and dump.

I think enough people want it to succeed like blackcoin, that in itself is a powerful factor. I was skeptical at first but once I saw how many people support this coin I decided to hop on board.

Makes sense. I already bought 100,000 WC. I also own some BC. I like the PoS technology and think these kind of coins have a lot of long-term potential. But I think what I'm trying to figure out is whether WC is for real or just a fun little pump. I'll be following this thread to see how things develop.

Adibandi

Activity: 345

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:05:40 AM

That said, if it were a clone and obtained the same interest as BC (that is the big question), you would expect a similar market cap and thus the price of WC to be ~1/4 of BC (4x more coins out there). One could also argue that interest would be split between the two and market cap in total would be the same as BC started at meaning BC halves and WC goes to 1/8 of BC current price (1/2 * 1/4).

Give the first scenario, you would expect WC to go to ~9000 sats or 4500 sats for the second scenario. Granted only the market will decide though I would expect the long run price to get near this until one goes out of favor or a flaw is found in one...

BC is 45000 satoshi not 4500, is anything i`m missing?
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:06:23 AM

Makes sense. I already bought 100,000 WC. I also own some BC. I like the PoS technology and think these kind of coins have a lot of long-term potential. But I think what I'm trying to figure out is whether WC is for real or just a fun little pump. I'll be following this thread to see how things develop.

Its called a wait and see.  But with this Kind of stuff, a risk, wait and see.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
surfguy72

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:07:03 AM

BC is in pos mode.  WC is in Pow mode

*** hit wrong button

Once a coin is non minable and fairly distributed, pos kicks in and rewards you to hold.  Multipools then mine coins, sell and create buy pressure on your selected coin, but will not have multipool down pressure.  POS is more responsible in regards to a lot of things minus most coins exist in ppls hands, but, that's gold and that sure did work for "awhile"

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:14:54 AM

I don't think we can predict just yet. The coin is just 10 days old, anything can happen.
dminer69

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:15:35 AM

icoingame

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:19:47 AM

http://icoingame.com
The icoingame dev team is pleased to present the FIRST Whitecoin game-site!
0.99% House Edge
UI Optimized for Mobile Devices
Fast Deposits and Withdrawals
Live Chat
Current Coins Supported (More to come):
   Whitecoin
Current Languages Natively Supported:
   English
   Chinese
   German

最新概率游戏
0.99% 赌场优势
为手机用户优化了UI设计
快速充值和提现
在线聊天
当前支持的虚拟货币:
   Whitecoin(白币)
当前支持的语言:
   英语
   简体中文
   德语

WCfan

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:31:28 AM

On Cryptsy BC is ~38200 sats, that implies WC (at similar development in community and POS) would have a price of ~38200/4 = 9550 sats, or 38200/8 = 4775 sats due to the number of coins and assuming the same market cap. (when I originally posted, BC was ~37000 sats and I round to nice numbers). Its just a very simplified argument to the equilibrium price of WC taking BC as a template.
ycm82

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:46:15 AM

if it were a clone as BC?
WCfan

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 02:59:22 AM

if it were a clone as BC?

If it were a clone to BC then yes, I think the price would follow so long as it were an exact clone (interest, community, etc) and likely the market cap would be split between the two giving ~4500-5000 sats (based on current BC) though BC price would change too. Though this is clearly not the case, it makes for an interesting argument because really the biggest difference will be the 2% inflation POS vs 1% and distribution and interest.

Central banks typically have inflation targets of 2-3% though that is measured in costs per currency not in money supply so it is not directly applicable to call it inflation. WC and all coins have the issue of lost coins decreasing the money supply, though for fiats, they just print more when a damaged bill is returned and continually make more coins/bills to balance the money supply.
dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:04:54 AM

I am a clone, I am not alone, every fibre of my flesh and bone is identical to the others, everything I say is in the same tone as my test tube brothers voice, I have no flaws to identify and this doodle that flows from my pen has just been written by another 20 telepathic men it says for the wings of any bird other than a battery hen.

That is a description of a clone the keyword is identical.

Black coin is the opposite to White coin so just in the name it's self it could not be identical besides all the other aspects.

What they are, all of them, starting with BTC are derivative developments.
Raxe.io

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 03:10:40 AM

I am a clone, I am not alone, every fibre of my flesh and bone is identical to the others, everything I say is in the same tone as my test tube brother voice, I have no flaws to identify and this doodle that flows from my pen has just been written by another 20 telepathic men it says for the wing of any bird other than a battery hen.

Black coin is the opposite to White coin so just in the name it's self it could not be identical besides all the other aspects.

Essentially WhiteCoin could be bigger than BlackCoin if everyone makes a concerned effort to develop services, mine it and trade it. It is basically the same in every facet. It seems the bitcointalk has really gotten behind this coin so we should see a large amount of developments with these focuses in mind.

Raxe.io / Example wallet: http://wallet.raxe.io
ycm82

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:11:36 AM

dump to  800 soon
soon !!! Grin Grin
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 03:13:21 AM

dump to  800 soon
soon !!! Grin Grin

Now you might be right. Waffle finally dumping faster.

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
dollux

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:13:57 AM

dump to  800 soon
soon !!! Grin Grin

Soon, Yes whilst on the moon, Ritchie DOOM.
surfguy72

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:15:00 AM

I am a clone, I am not alone, every fibre of my flesh and bone is identical to the others, everything I say is in the same tone as my test tube brothers voice, I have no flaws to identify and this doodle that flows from my pen has just been written by another 20 telepathic men it says for the wings of any bird other than a battery hen.

You're awesome /u/wctipbot 100

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
ycm82

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 03:16:07 AM

dump to  800 soon
soon !!! Grin Grin

Now you might be right. Waffle finally dumping faster.

Waffle has 5.5M wc Unconfirmed ,
 dumping  !
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: