Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 02:48:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PND]Pandacoin | First Hybrid Wallet | 5000% Faster Blockchain Download | Instant Sync  (Read 1358874 times)
WenBo

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:09:52 PM

Our development team always had plans to start these fundraising initiatives, but were initially planned for a later stage when our community grows. But hey since now it's been mentioned by members of this awesome community, why not start now!?

Regarding the adopt a panda charity cause on behalf of Pandacoin (PND), we could always start small and raise funds for a campaign such as http://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Species-Adoptions/Panda.aspx .

Meanwhile anyone that is interested in helping out with these worthy causes in preserving the remaining 1600 of these cute animals, we could start a Pandacoin (PND) Charity Foundation where we initially raise awareness amongst this community and raise funds for giant panda causes, and later expand to other charitable areas.

We would start a blog tracking and updating the community with progress relating to all our charitable efforts, and if the foundation efforts grows, eventually have their own website.

When our community grows larger and funds raised would increase, the development team always had plans to reach out to one of the following charities in order to establish a long term sponsorship relationship with our yet-to-be-formed charity foundation:

http://wwf.worldwildlife.org/
http://www.giant-panda-trust.org/
http://www.pandasinternational.org/
http://charitypanda.com/

What does the community think about this? Who is interested in helping out the charity foundation? Let us know your thoughts!

I'm so happy with this! I didn't know there were plans like this. Even if it was planned to make it sometime later, it won't hurt to start some discussion right away.

WWF is clearly the most universally recognized charity, so having that associated with PND would really bring some coverage I think. But the details need still to be worked out.

What does everybody think about the "blog" idea?

+1

Makes so much sense for our coin to sponsor pandas worldwide! But I really want us to come together and raise our own panda  Grin But whoa TIL there;s only 1600 of them alive. But you can count my support to donate when you start raising money

Mmm blog makes sense again, if you can access it from homepage? It would be good to keep track of all our awesome efforts, kinda like an accolade page

now thats something that i would really interested in raising money for
pandacoin-official (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 12:18:44 PM

Is it feasible to adopt exactly 1337 pandas?

Surely if we were doing it on a larger scale later on.

Asgard666

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:21:22 PM

SO are we going to adopt a Panda now?

I support the idea
birddog

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:38:41 PM

Our development team always had plans to start these fundraising initiatives, but were initially planned for a later stage when our community grows. But hey since now it's been mentioned by members of this awesome community, why not start now!?

Regarding the adopt a panda charity cause on behalf of Pandacoin (PND), we could always start small and raise funds for a campaign such as http://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Species-Adoptions/Panda.aspx .

Meanwhile anyone that is interested in helping out with these worthy causes in preserving the remaining 1600 of these cute animals, we could start a Pandacoin (PND) Charity Foundation where we initially raise awareness amongst this community and raise funds for giant panda causes, and later expand to other charitable areas.

We would start a blog tracking and updating the community with progress relating to all our charitable efforts, and if the foundation efforts grows, eventually have their own website.

When our community grows larger and funds raised would increase, the development team always had plans to reach out to one of the following charities in order to establish a long term sponsorship relationship with our yet-to-be-formed charity foundation:

What does the community think about this? Who is interested in helping out the charity foundation? Let us know your thoughts!

+1000

this would be awesome
rghmodz

Activity: 625
Merit: 500

A Decentralised Hedge Fund

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:12:24 PM

I think it is a great idea. I would donate to it.

mtrycz

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:41:19 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 10:57:45 PM by mtrycz

For my part, I'm developing a service exclusive to PND, which you can find here: 1dash.net

It's a user defined dashboard. What this means is that, instead of having data thrown at you, you choose what data you want to see, and the layout with which you want to see them. It's designed with ease of use in mind, you can just drag&drop and resize your panels whichever way you like.

1# Update!

This is a feature update. It's major.
We now have Depth Charts.

The chart autoupdates.

There's a really cool feature with wich you can zoom into the chart if you design a rectangle with your mouse.
Might be a little wiggly for the first days, until I figure some things out.
I really need some comments on this.
As usual, you should probably force-refresh the page for the updates to work (ctrl+f5)

Have fun!

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
pandacoin-official (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 10:54:15 PM

For my part, I'm developing a service exclusive to PND, which you can find here: 1dash.net

It's a user defined dashboard. What this means is that, instead of having data thrown at you, you choose what data you want to see, and the layout with which you want to see them. It's designed with ease of use in mind, you can just drag&drop and resize your panels whichever way you like.

1# Update!

The chart autoupdates.

There's a really cool feature with wich you can zoom into the chart if you design a rectangle with your mouse.

Have fun!

Thanks a bunch for adding this.

WenBo

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 11:57:12 PM

1# Update!

The chart autoupdates.

As usual, you should probably force-refresh the page for the updates to work (ctrl+f5)

Have fun!

cool site.

any updates on pos?
pandacoin-official (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:11:20 AM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 12:41:37 AM by pandacoin-official

any updates on pos?

You will be updated as soon as there's something worth posting about regarding the matter.

bdanyo

Activity: 322

Pandacoin (PND) development team member

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 01:35:42 AM

1# Update!

The chart autoupdates.

Have fun!

cool site.

any updates on pos?

We are currently doing testing with Proof of Stake. Specifications and implementation will be released in less than a week!

WenBo

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 02:00:54 AM

1# Update!

The chart autoupdates.

Have fun!

cool site.

any updates on pos?

We are currently doing testing with Proof of Stake. Specifications and implementation will be released in less than a week!

thx for the reply  Cheesy
Joesixpack9000

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Bohemian Crypto Guardian

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:11:42 AM

1# Update!

The chart autoupdates.

Have fun!

cool site.

any updates on pos?

Nice, keep up the good work devs!

Don't get scammed or buy into SHITCOINS with instant mines, fast mines or premines - http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins
mtrycz

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 08:56:25 AM

Looking forward to the development of the adoption, I love pandas (that's why this coin initially caught my eye), my ex gf was to do some volunteering with pandas in Shichuan once, but events of life have unfortunately prevented that.

I was thinking, maybe a good idea for the adoption of PND in Asia would be implementing a builtin privacy features, like maybe Tor.

With the recent chinese government crackdown on cryptocurrencies, if I were chinese I'd think twice before dealing with crytpos now.
Adding a "Tor by default" feature would at least conceal that I'm running a wallet and exchanging the currency, and maybe it could be set up in a way that anybody could use it without special knowledge (like Tor Browser, for example)

There are obviously some more thought to put into it. Like is Tor even in use in China? Can it pierce the Great Firewall? When my gf was in Beijing she used some obscure proxy programs to connect with the internet outside, but mostly that's a thing only foreigners deal with, because they know there won't be consequences.

What do you think? It obviously is not #1 prority right now, with the PoS coming up, but anyway.
There was also someone suggesting I2P as an alternative, can somebody shed some light on it?

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
WenBo

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:53:47 AM

Looking forward to the development of the adoption, I love pandas (that's why this coin initially caught my eye), my ex gf was to do some volunteering with pandas in Shichuan once, but events of life have unfortunately prevented that.

I was thinking, maybe a good idea for the adoption of PND in Asia would be implementing a builtin privacy features, like maybe Tor.

With the recent chinese government crackdown on cryptocurrencies, if I were chinese I'd think twice before dealing with crytpos now.
Adding a "Tor by default" feature would at least conceal that I'm running a wallet and exchanging the currency, and maybe it could be set up in a way that anybody could use it without special knowledge (like Tor Browser, for example)

There are obviously some more thought to put into it. Like is Tor even in use in China? Can it pierce the Great Firewall? When my gf was in Beijing she used some obscure proxy programs to connect with the internet outside, but mostly that's a thing only foreigners deal with, because they know there won't be consequences.

What do you think? It obviously is not #1 prority right now, with the PoS coming up, but anyway.
There was also someone suggesting I2P as an alternative, can somebody shed some light on it?

hi im of chinese national but am working in hk. here my thoughts -

avg chinese would not know how to use tor. but it is inbuilt with wallet diff story. only tech inclined will use proxy to access banned websites

re: chinese thinking twice with dealing with crypto, this is the situation in china. government on official front is putting a stop to it, however look at fiatleak.com and you see that china is buying btc rapidly still.

why? with growing wealth of chinese bourgeois class, many are starting to be aware of impending economic recession in china. tell tale signs inc:

-chinse gov manipulation of yuan. 12% gdp growth is bs 10 years in a row
-chinese real estate bubble similar to u.s americans situation in 2007

china now is simiar to u.s situation in 2008 with potential fiat problem. i feel china is ready to adopt crypto to deal with yuan crashing, thats why i buy some pnd pandacoin.

other option is asiacoin, but its scamcoin, with 2 week mining period creating 45% coins for devs and small group people + bs 100% pos interest after. i like pnd due to symbol of panda, no premine or ipo.
orrazib

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 10:31:15 AM

I think if Tor is being integrated into PND wallet then there should be 2 versions, one with Tor integrated and the other without it, which can just be called a lite wallet?

I am guessing integrating Tor can make the wallet very bloated so there should definitely be a lite version also
Joesixpack9000

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Bohemian Crypto Guardian

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:33:18 AM

hi im of chinese national but am working in hk. here my thoughts -

avg chinese would not know how to use tor. but it is inbuilt with wallet diff story. only tech inclined will use proxy to access banned websites

re: chinese thinking twice with dealing with crypto, this is the situation in china. government on official front is putting a stop to it, however look at fiatleak.com and you see that china is buying btc rapidly still.

why? with growing wealth of chinese bourgeois class, many are starting to be aware of impending economic recession in china. tell tale signs inc:

-chinse gov manipulation of yuan. 12% gdp growth is bs 10 years in a row
-chinese real estate bubble similar to u.s americans situation in 2007

china now is simiar to u.s situation in 2008 with potential fiat problem. i feel china is ready to adopt crypto to deal with yuan crashing, thats why i buy some pnd pandacoin.

other option is asiacoin, but its scamcoin, with 2 week mining period creating 45% coins for devs and small group people + bs 100% pos interest after. i like pnd due to symbol of panda, no premine or ipo.

Asiacoin with such a launch and having such a high inflation rate with 45% of coins being mined in first 2 weeks is just not right. When will people learn to do their research thoroughly and see which coins actually have good fundamentals instead of some false hype which ends up making the scumbag devs rich off their scams?

/endrant

Don't get scammed or buy into SHITCOINS with instant mines, fast mines or premines - http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins
pandacoin-official (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:05:45 PM

mike77777

Activity: 464

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:06:24 PM

When will people learn to do their research thoroughly and see which coins actually have good fundamentals instead of some false hype which ends up making the scumbag devs rich off their scams?
You really want people to do research? I don't think so, because when they will do it they'll discover that most of 30bil PND is in hands of a few people, who want to be rich by selling this scam Wink
pandacoin-official (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 12:29:55 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2014, 12:45:59 PM by pandacoin-official

When will people learn to do their research thoroughly and see which coins actually have good fundamentals instead of some false hype which ends up making the scumbag devs rich off their scams?
You really want people to do research? I don't think so, because when they will do it they'll discover that most of 30bil PND is in hands of a few people, who want to be rich by selling this scam Wink

Is public mining, no IPO and no premine considered a scam now? Everyone has had the same chance to mine the coin since February.

Edit: Judging by your post history you're into scamcoins, so this one should hardly be a problem for you  Wink

mike77777

Activity: 464

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:22:51 PM

Is public mining considered a scam now? Everyone has had the same chance to mine the coin since February.
Edit: Judging by your post history you're into scamcoins, so this one should hardly be a problem for you  Wink
No, public mining is not a scam. Thats why Im asking to stop calling PANDA a scam by people from this community. You can call a scam idea which was hidden behind developing PANDA not a coin and its features. We all know how that idea ended in a few days on Feb. Since then everyone was free to mining it but only few people were really doing this so situation for both coins is the same now.  
The best coin would be: nice dev team, maybe PND team and PANDA features Smiley
And yes you are right I was into scam coin. I entered into Cent because it had nice features, different from other coins and I was hoping it will not end as scam but it ended so I sold.
Wise and nice people will keep PANDA, PND, and PAND and will not make any war between them, time will tell which one will be Doge competitor. Because Doge needs a competitor Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: