Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:29:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy or pay with bitcoins by sending an SMS from Belgium or the Netherlands  (Read 6572 times)
purplezky (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2011, 06:39:35 AM

Hello,

i am currently trying to see if there are people interested in a service where you can send an SMS with a token,
to send bitcoins to a bitcoin address.

Smiley Pro: This way even people with only a cellphone, can send bitcoins without bitcoin client or bitcoin wallet.
 Sad Con: Half of the end customer SMS fee goes to the telecom operator.

Current beta setup only works for Belgium and The Netherlands.
Planning on adding UK, Australia and Ireland soon.

http://smsbitcoins.com

Enjoy.

purplezky

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kseistrup

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2011, 06:57:00 AM

Why use ‘GET’ as a keyword for sending bitcoins?  Why not ‘SEND’ — or even ‘PUT’?

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
purplezky (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2011, 07:04:58 AM

Because GET is a free keyword and using the SEND keyword requires a monthly investment per shortcode.
I plan to add this service with as low profit margin as possible, just to get some experience with setting up a bitcoin service,
making bitcoin available to as much people as possible results in a flow of new bitcoin users.
Each intake of new bitcoin users seems to increase mtgox prices, thus increasing the value of our bitcoins.  Grin
Afterwards when i implement an exchange or other services, there might be enough income to buy into specific keywords.

purplezky
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2011, 07:51:20 AM

What about PAY?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
purplezky (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2011, 08:26:53 AM

PAY is also an expensive keyword,
i just added DONATE as an alternative option...

purplezky
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2011, 09:00:49 AM

Hello,

i am currently trying to see if there are people interested in a service where you can send an SMS with a token,
to send bitcoins to a bitcoin address.

Smiley Pro: This way even people with only a cellphone, can send bitcoins without bitcoin client or bitcoin wallet.
 Sad Con: Half of the end customer SMS fee goes to the telecom operator.

Current beta setup only works for Belgium and The Netherlands.
Planning on adding UK, Australia and Ireland soon.

http://smsbitcoins.com

Enjoy.

purplezky

I'm looking for third party payment processors that will take in payments and send me cash by mail. If you're interested send me a PM. Thanks!
sirius
Bitcoiner

Activity: 429
Merit: 974

View Profile
April 11, 2011, 10:00:37 AM

ZayPay offers SMS and phonecall payments in 44 countries. They have an easy-to-use API. You could make a bitcoin selling service with a simple interface:

1. Choose your country (to show the available payment amounts and options)
2. Choose amount
3. Enter your Bitcoin address
4. Click the payment button provided by ZayPay.

This service would be a very easy and instant way to purchase small amounts of coins. It would probably be hugely popular. Feel free to implement Smiley

Iris — for better social networks
I'm not a forum admin - please contact theymos instead.
purplezky (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2011, 10:06:12 AM

cool thanks,

Zaypay have better payouts and a huge coverage,
definitely going to implement this.  Grin

purplezky
jav

Activity: 249
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 11, 2011, 11:11:20 AM

ZayPay offers SMS and phonecall payments in 44 countries. They have an easy-to-use API. You could make a bitcoin selling service with a simple interface:

I have thought about setting up a service like that and am still toying with the idea. I would, however, like to know more about what happens in case of fraud and Zaypay doesn't say much about that on their website. I haven't mailed them yet. Looking at the numerous attempts of fraud that Coinpal has to deal with, I wouldn't want to be left sitting on phone bills that won't actually be paid.

I also looked at Zong (www.zong.com) which provides similar services and from what I remember reading on their website would guarantee a payment to you once it passed their fraud control. That would be a hassle free way of doing things and simply letting Zong worry about fraud attempts. Unfortunately they didn't want anything to do with Bitcoin. A salesperson at Zong told me that their carriers won't allow anything where you can "cash out" later. So selling virtual currencies is fine, but only if the only thing you can do with them is spend them on some stuff (like virtual game addons or whatever). If there is an option to change them back to "real" currencies, then that would be against their agreement with the carriers. Since then I haven't looked further into the whole "buy Bitcoins with your phone" idea.

Since Zong claimed, that it's the carriers who wouldn't allow this type of stuff on their network, other providers like Zaypay should theoretically have the same problem. But maybe they have different agreements or simply don't care as much.

Hive, a beautiful wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit. Tweets @hivewallet. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: