Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:05:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NAS the latest GREEDY/PONZI distribution model - 71% to 11 people?? what?  (Read 6511 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:46:08 AM

Did you know there is another clone of NXT out there. And it is even older than NAS?

Ever wondered why you didn't hear anything about that? (or not much?)

which clone do you mean? i'm not sure if i heard of it or not?

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 02:51:27 AM

Did you know there is another clone of NXT out there. And it is even older than NAS?

This proves one of my points. Yeah the distribution is bad, but it also incentivices the marketing/promoting of coins. Also the buzz around the coin because of all the people that opens threads like this help too. As I said, I still beleive this coin will have a good future, not NXT-good, but good.

Coin is called NHZ and its distribution is "fair", meh, dunno if you could even call it fair, it is more like non existent^^

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:10:21 AM

This proves one of my points. Yeah the distribution is bad, but it also incentivices the marketing/promoting of coins. Also the buzz around the coin because of all the people that opens threads like this help too. As I said, I still beleive this coin will have a good future, not NXT-good, but good.

Coin is called NHZ and its distribution is "fair", meh, dunno if you could even call it fair, it is more like non existent^^

Well let's not jump ahead here, IF (i say if because i've not really checked it out in detail) NHZ is as bad as NAS then that does not excuse NAS. Rather it just make NHZ a bad distribution model also. I'm not saying it is, people should seek to look into NHZ themselves.

Well i'm glad i'm helping with this thread. If people choose to invest in a coin that gives 71% to 11 people then they will do so. Although makes you wonder why most shout out about a dev premining 2%....next time he should just  premine 2% and give 69% to 10 other friends..... leave the remaining scraps to be shared by everyone else. When the board complains just call upon any NAS investors to tell everyone what a good idea it is.

NAS initial distribution was terrible, it will be the largest problem to overcome i have seen on this board.

The thing with this type of situation is this....

step 1 - give a select few people most of the coins by accident or intentional ( in nas case i think rookie error)

but now you have a problem.

a - people don't like it when they hear just a few people got all of the coins
b - nobody is interested in making the coin work because they don't have any...

step 2 -  give a small amount of coins to LOTS of people and pray they think the few coins they have solves issue a and b above.

step 3 - use these LOTS of people with their small amounts to drive interest/marketing of your coin and push it forward to enrich the few people who got most of the coins at the start.

that is the plan here.  For me i don't like the plan it does not solve a nor b.

For others they may feel their crumbs are enough to solve a and b. That is there choice. I am just trying to illustrate that they are crumbs and that we should be pushing for this kind of model.

a better model.....

step 1 - we give a LOT of the coins to LOTS of people.
step 2 - we all contribute to the coin and push if forward to success.
step 3 - we all get rewarded equally for the work of the larger group.

this is the nxt clone i await. You got lucky someone paid you off with cheap/free NAS to try and boost the coin. I get this , that is fine. You have been open and honest about that. There is no scam. However it is what it is.

Don't try to push against the facts nor spin it that giving 71% to 11 people is a good model for success or fairness.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 03:28:37 AM

I know you think that I try to talk down the problem of the inital distribution. But I am not, I'm just trying to get people to see whats past that, but enough about that.

The next NXT clone that will be fairer distributed will be NXTL, even though it will be rewritten in node.js. I am not yet sure if that is successful because it will be very hard to implement new features that NXT will bring. So even though I got a stake in that, I'm not sure it will be a success.

If someone makes a new NXT clone with all traps removed and atleast of the quality of NAS, then maybe I even switch and promote that coin. We'll see! I am a passionate person, and when I get behind something, I don't give up fast Smiley

Good night cryptohunter!

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:33:01 AM

The fact is, the initial distribution doesn't matter to the success of the (or any) coin. After that, anyone buying  (or trading something else for) the coin has to want it, and anyone selling (or trading for something else) the coin has to not want it. Nothing else matters.

If people are trading the coin (I don't really follow it, so I don't know), then this effect is already in play, and the initial distribution won't matter. People will whine over it certainly, but that won't stop people from wanting it or not wanting it and trading among themselves.

That's one reason I support the bitcoin spin-off model. It is an extremely wide and deep distribution model that doesn't even require immediate action by most of the people receiving it. It has nothing to do with fairness, just an efficient and low cost way to get the coin out there that can't be gamed.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 03:57:33 AM

The fact is, the initial distribution doesn't matter to the success of the (or any) coin. After that, anyone buying  (or trading something else for) the coin has to want it, and anyone selling (or trading for something else) the coin has to not want it. Nothing else matters.

If people are trading the coin (I don't really follow it, so I don't know), then this effect is already in play, and the initial distribution won't matter. People will whine over it certainly, but that won't stop people from wanting it or not wanting it and trading among themselves.

That's one reason I support the bitcoin spin-off model. It is an extremely wide and deep distribution model that doesn't even require immediate action by most of the people receiving it. It has nothing to do with fairness, just an efficient and low cost way to get the coin out there that can't be gamed.

People will want it or not want it true but i  think they factor into this decision the initial distribution? People are starting to consider these things now.  Have you not noticed how this is brought up time and time again on coins with terrible initial distribution? how many coins suffer this bane every time they get mentioned on the board. First thing people start shouting is instamined crap, premined crap..... this 71% to 11 people makes those look great. Mention ripple, nxt, any coins like this first thing you hear is the whining as you put it regarding the initial distribution. This puts lot of investors off and causes a lot of issues for the coin.

The bitcoin spin off model is not good, it is better than giving it to 11 people only of course but it is still a nasty model of distributing new alt coins. I have already explained why before on this thread.

It can't be gamed?? because it is already gamed towards btc whales. If you had zero BTC you would not want to see this model would you? of course not. you would only support it because you have some BTC? that is it no other reason.

Having lots of BTC does not entitle you to automatically have lots of a new alt coin. The very idea of it is crazy.

It has nothing to do with fairness.... that is correct of course.

If you are talking about the success of the coin..... i suppose if you could develop something so amazing and it was closed source you could get away with premining 99% of it and sharing 1% out to the board whilst you keep the rest to sell. Yes that may work if the coin was mind blowing and nobody could ever create anything like it and people just had to have some.

However since it is all open source i see no reason for people standing for that happening since there is no need.

71% to 11 people is crazy. We can distribute better than this. Let's make sure we improve upon that next time.

Go ahead launch a side chain based alt. I await the responses here in the alt section.

When is one of these getting released? This will not be popular with most of the alt community i'm sure.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:26:38 AM

Go ahead launch a side chain based alt. I await the responses here in the alt section.

Side chains are something different, these are spin-offs.

A spin-off is already planned as an alternative to the Ethereum IPO, although that seems to still be some time away.

There will be more.
lucienlu

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:51:36 AM

it is a free market, if people are willing to pay for it, well then its worth something at that time.
I have a tiny tiny stake in nas.

I agree with you. But i dont have nas ...

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.T4gejMMptw2hAf4Zi1BbD4ZtvJDEqeGXE8
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pw2t7Ly1uFCjGiZrKhYeXWJnxfp6ttcC6g
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
qbd1313

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 06:14:29 AM

the distribution is bad?what about Nas?Nas even worse.
the true is that
You and your stupid Chinese trolls want to want to make a huge scam

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:16:04 PM

how is this one not dead yet?

newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:18:54 PM

only idiots buy pure PoS coins anyway

anyone buying P&D PoS coins is just waiting to be the bagholder
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 02:42:29 PM

how is this one not dead yet?

Maybe because this coin shows more innovation than 99% of the coins out there? They introduced a decentralized block-dice and will be releasing a multi-gateway (trust(-less) multisignature gateway) to deposit BTC ect INTO the blockchain.

zhangli

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 06:53:36 AM

In my capacity of lead Nxt developer, I can assure you that no core Nxt developer is supporting the scamcoin called NAS.

NAS is a pump and dump coin. It has nothing new to offer. Even calling it a clone or fork would be a compliment they don't deserve, because it is not, it is a quick and dirty copy and paste job. And believe me, it is dirty - I actually took the time to look at the source, out of curiosity what they did with my code.

NAS have taken a test version of the new Nxt UI, developed by Wesley, which was not yet ready for production use - but they don't care, it is a get rich quick scheme, nevermind that it is other people's money this software is supposed to handle. They have also based their release on a Nxt version with a known critical vulnerability, which was fixed in Nxt long ago.

The NAS marketing guys are aggressively trying to bribe various people in the Nxt community with "giveaways". This is a thinly veiled attempt to make their "software" appear sanctioned by the Nxt community. They have also approached me with a similar offer of a generous donation, but I am ignoring it, because I do not want my name to be associated with this blatant scam.

Never confuse copy and paste jobs like NAS with legitimate Nxt alternatives. NEM and NXTL are trying to innovate and improve on the ideas brought by Nxt, they are apparently re-writing and re-designing everything from the ground up, and will be a healthy competition to Nxt. So they have my respect. But NAS... I hope I made myself clear.

ddnn46

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:21:04 AM

CONGRATULATION! This SHITCOIN will be added to the shitlist!
+1
vincentvincent

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:53:47 PM

NAS is a NOGO area
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: