Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:56:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★ MaruCoin ★★★ NEW X13 ALGO ! ★★★ MINE NOW ! [KGW+DGW] ★★★ NO IPO/PM EXCHANGE!  (Read 96385 times)
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 12:54:41 PM

i actually ended up doing really similar if not the exact same as what you posted.. last 24hrs
2 threads..
queue at 0 with low scan and expiry etc
Intensity at 12 the whole time (with low TC although high seems to cause crashing a but more)
and the shaders setting i am sure makes no difference because if you specify TC it get overridden and then shader setting does nothing.

guys i know what i am doing this ain't my first dance Wink
i'm telling you it's causing my driver to crash on the weakest of weak setting no matter what
and another guy was getting the same thing mentioned on sgminer topic too on ALL the various builds.
so i guess we have to be doing something wrong though..
but it really makes me wonder if the sgminer algo code is optimized properly.
It really shouldn't be that buggy..

Like there is extremely different code bases used for Quark written in c..
They had been written using different approaches and are vastly different.

i have to keep reminding people i have coded miner moods of my own for a year too so your not talking to a noob Wink
after i started a year ago i had a 90% complete working miner program ported from Cudaminer that was a windows GUI based
i wrote it in MFC and as far as i am aware that is the ONLY real miner with a windows gui in existence.
And i dropped it because it was 100x faster to do coding work and compile for a console app.. dev laziness lol
But i could finish it and release it pretty easily if i wanted to..
I have spent huge amounts of my life in the last year staring at and working on miner code.
and something is not right here guys.. THAT is what i am trying to say.
There is no way that the miner should be crashing the display driver that easily when it has never happened once in my life until this coin.
get what i am saying ?

I appreciate all the feedback in response to my asking..
Seriously thanks a lot guy for taking the time to post and YES it is helpful.. all can do is experiment i suppose and lower the crash frequency.
I didn't want this comment to seem like an ungrateful know it all and your idiots kinda comment.
BUT.. it is.. i am the best and smartest  Smiley

PS:
jk Wink

but seriously though, i am still stuck at square one and i have to fix the problem myself.
it's clear what the deal is.. to me anyway.
i think what has happened is you guys all just think this is normal but why should i be doing 90% usage with no HW errors
using ultra weak settings and have my driver crash like a broken record ? If i told you all i was mining scrypt or scrypt- and said that what would you all think ?
I really think there must be a problem with implementation and coding of a dozen+ algo's in sgminer
i was pretty damn stunned to such bad performance and temperamental behavior.
Like i have not crashed my driver on any other coin once.. what happens faaar before that usually on other algo's is i get HW errors or lower performance.
does anyone see what i am saying yet ?

There must be something up with your windows setup. Is it up to date ?

Which set of drivers are you running ? I'm using 14.2 beta1.3 ..

shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 12:57:32 PM

and please publish p2pool code..
i want 0% fee Smiley and more important less DOA..i would even use --give-author without 0

From P2P pool.

That is the total hashrate from my p2pool nodes. Marucoin network (other pools and solo miners) hashrate isn't displayed correctly yet. I will try to fix that soon.
MaruCoinOfficial (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:18:59 PM

Good to see the coin is doing strong over these days, we are planing some nice features and additions in the future.

Can someone recompile the source for the latest MacOS wallet ? Mac users are still waiting for an update.

Ty !
shai_

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:51:41 PM

yes i can compile for 10.7+
shai_

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:00:16 PM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qm94tydlzowlos5/Marucoin-osx10.7.zip
Shin2mars

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:03:44 PM

Thx Smiley
shai_

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:06:05 PM

i hope that in the future i will be happy for not mining copy/paste colorcoins
MaruCoinOfficial (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:08:23 PM

Thanks, added to OP !
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:09:19 PM

Good to see the coin is doing strong over these days, we are planing some nice features and additions in the future.

Can someone recompile the source for the latest MacOS wallet ? Mac users are still waiting for an update.

Ty !

Care to elaborate Cheesy

I would like to know what you are working on, as would everyone else!

You should show your face more often!
shai_

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:11:57 PM

yes.. we are paying with electricity here
also if someone can setup Abe...
MaruCoinOfficial (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:13:43 PM

Ty !

Care to elaborate Cheesy

We are currently working on the poll of the website for our first wildlife charity donation, we will for sure be more active as soon as we have some  things (like the website) and other exchanges etc. sorted out.

Its good to see that interest is here, we also had some inquiries for forks of MaruCoin or more precise, the X13 algo.. Of source everyone can uses it, even though MaruCoin uses X13 as the first coin, it is open source, fork as you like, thats what open source is for.

A block explorer would be nice, if anyone is willing to create one, we could discuss about a bounty for that.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:16:19 PM

Ty !

Care to elaborate Cheesy

We are currently working on the poll of the website for our first wildlife charity donation, we will for sure be more active as soon as we have some  things (like the website) and other exchanges etc. sorted out.

Its good to see that interest is here, we also had some inquiries for forks of MaruCoin or more precise, the X13 algo.. Of source everyone can uses it, even though MaruCoin uses X13 as the first coin, it is open source, fork as you like, thats what open source is for.

A block explorer would be nice, if anyone is willing to create one, we could discuss about a bounty for that.

On your webpage you say maru has darksend technology.  Is this true?

Also, could you update the title to reflect that is it gpu/mineable and include binaries to the gpuminer in the OP?

Thanks.  I'd be willing to help out on offering bounties if you need it.
MaruCoinOfficial (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:19:19 PM

Ty !

Care to elaborate Cheesy

Also, could you update the title to reflect that is it gpu/mineable and include binaries to the gpuminer in the OP?

Yes, we've basically forked DarkCoin and EMC2 and ported it to X13, so MaruCoin is Darksend capable.

We've updated the OP with the miner and also the title of the topic.

Thanks for your great help !
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:22:27 PM

Ty !

Care to elaborate Cheesy

Yes, we've basically forked DarkCoin and EMC2 and ported it to X13, so MaruCoin is Darksend capable.

Ok, cool!  Keep up the good work!

Try and post here more often please, it's reassuring to see the developer of a coin be active in a thread.
shai_

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:23:40 PM

its more reassuring to see a coin's dev developing new innovative stuffs Wink
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 08:24:15 PM

Ty !

Care to elaborate Cheesy

Ok, cool!  Keep up the good work!

Try and post here more often please, it's reassuring to see the developer of a coin be active in a thread.

+1

Good to see You are still there

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
ibinsad

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:41:12 PM

It will be great also having gpu miner for nvidia cards.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:57:20 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 09:52:02 PM by Spoetnik

agreed i've been busy but thinking about looking into it ..i have said that before too haha

@Hippie Tech
i think your right.. my experience tells me what your saying.. BUT
if people are saying they are not getting driver crashes what i REALLY need to know is are they too running a 7950 or newer R versions.

i think i may be on to something here though..
before i came to the forum i did some poking around on google about the driver crash error..
my event viewer would list amdocl.dll then the next crash would list no dll info and it would alternate which is pretty weird (in the viewer)
anyway bear with me guys and especially anyone getting driver crashes Wink

First hit on google shows an old topic from this forum where a guy mentioned the crash and how all newer drivers were responsible
all the people in the topic used an older version of the AMD driver and all of them reported the problem stopped, so...
i already had some random old drivers and i figured it had to be old enough and the one i had that matched what people were advising to use on that other topic
was, amd_catalyst_13.11_betav9.5
So i also verified my dll's before and after changing driver with a hex compare tool to make sure that was not the issue.. it wasn't
what ever the installers install is what got installed.
So far it's been about an hour running the config i was getting crashing on (i changed nothing but my driver)
So i am happy to report that i have not had a crash in like an hour so far ..crossing my fingers lol
And to my surprise it's faster for sure..
i was doing 1.02mh/s non stop for 24 hrs and now it's non stop 1.03mh/s with no config changes (i am convinced the old driver is faster)

thanks to anyone who tried to help Smiley

edit:
well it crashed i had a feeling lol
at least it took a longer and was running faster.. back to the drawing board Sad

FUD first & ask questions later™
MarcusDe

Activity: 796
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 05:27:13 AM

agreed i've been busy but thinking about looking into it ..i have said that before too haha

@Hippie Tech
i think your right.. my experience tells me what your saying.. BUT
if people are saying they are not getting driver crashes what i REALLY need to know is are they too running a 7950 or newer R versions.

i think i may be on to something here though..
before i came to the forum i did some poking around on google about the driver crash error..
my event viewer would list amdocl.dll then the next crash would list no dll info and it would alternate which is pretty weird (in the viewer)
anyway bear with me guys and especially anyone getting driver crashes Wink

First hit on google shows an old topic from this forum where a guy mentioned the crash and how all newer drivers were responsible
all the people in the topic used an older version of the AMD driver and all of them reported the problem stopped, so...
i already had some random old drivers and i figured it had to be old enough and the one i had that matched what people were advising to use on that other topic
was, amd_catalyst_13.11_betav9.5
So i also verified my dll's before and after changing driver with a hex compare tool to make sure that was not the issue.. it wasn't
what ever the installers install is what got installed.
So far it's been about an hour running the config i was getting crashing on (i changed nothing but my driver)
So i am happy to report that i have not had a crash in like an hour so far ..crossing my fingers lol
And to my surprise it's faster for sure..
i was doing 1.02mh/s non stop for 24 hrs and now it's non stop 1.03mh/s with no config changes (i am convinced the old driver is faster)

thanks to anyone who tried to help Smiley

edit:
well it crashed i had a feeling lol
at least it took a longer and was running faster.. back to the drawing board Sad

I dont know if it will give you something usefull, but I've been running on 13.11.95b long time, then on 13.12 and then on 14.3-newest-beta and none of those drivers crashed, unless I've overclocked cards too much.

Maybe it's hardware failure?

Good luck :-)

captainbluff

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 06:27:42 AM

Can someone please post a link for sgminer for windows? The link on the 1st page does not work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: